Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,880 members, 7,915,527 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 05:46 AM

I Am Really Scared Of Bank Nowadays - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Am Really Scared Of Bank Nowadays (780 Views)

Policemen Extort ₦25,000 From Lagos Resident (Screenshot Of Bank Alert) / Police Officers Extort ₦100,000 From A Man In Ekiti (Photo Of Bank Transaction) / Gunmen From Owerri Nabbed Ahead Of Bank Robbery In Akwa Ibom. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Really Scared Of Bank Nowadays by Iresoap: 6:00pm On Sep 21, 2020
Today I received a call from from a man telling me federal government is giving grant of ₦5000

I blast him telling him I am not interested called him a scam Just for me to receive debit alert from my account

I rushed to the bank to report and the best they could say is I am the fifth person that have reported without any reasonable reason

I need help and please what is the best way to go about this...
Re: I Am Really Scared Of Bank Nowadays by truthfulparrot(m): 6:10pm On Sep 21, 2020
Iresoap:
Today I received a call from from a man telling me federal government is giving grant of ₦5000

I blast him telling him I am not interested called him a scam Just for me to receive debit alert from my account

I rushed to the bank to report and the best they could say is I am the fifth person that have reported without any reasonable reason

Did you gave the fraudster any information like your account number, card number ? What is the name of the bank?
Re: I Am Really Scared Of Bank Nowadays by DICKstractor: 6:12pm On Sep 21, 2020
shocked

Did you give out your details to the caller?
Re: I Am Really Scared Of Bank Nowadays by Iresoap: 6:16pm On Sep 21, 2020
I started by blasting them to desist from their fraudulent activities and end up hanging up the phone call

Just for me to receive debit alert after 3hour
Re: I Am Really Scared Of Bank Nowadays by Iresoap: 6:19pm On Sep 21, 2020
No this is not the first time they will call to ask for bank details but first time they'll debit my account without giving any details and the best explanation from bank is I am fifth person to report the same issue today
Re: I Am Really Scared Of Bank Nowadays by Timekeeper: 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2020
Take this to joke section jare.

How can u receive alert on your phone when u didn't give ur card to anyone?

Even if u give sumone ur card details, there is no way he can use ur card if he doesn't have the physical atm card...

Stop kidding..

Show us a screenshot

4 Likes

Re: I Am Really Scared Of Bank Nowadays by Timekeeper: 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2020
Iresoap:
No this is not the first time they will call to ask for bank details but first time they'll debit my account without giving any details and the best explanation from bank is I am fifth person to report the same issue today

Which bank?

Screen shot pls
Re: I Am Really Scared Of Bank Nowadays by Thomthom(m): 6:26pm On Sep 21, 2020
You receive call.. you no give out any info but you were debited... Haba even my 8 year old son will not believe this
Re: I Am Really Scared Of Bank Nowadays by 2cribz: 6:52pm On Sep 21, 2020
I just received phone call and i got credited from donald trump himself. GTB salute me tire

3 Likes

Re: I Am Really Scared Of Bank Nowadays by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 8:14pm On Sep 21, 2020
Which Bank
Re: I Am Really Scared Of Bank Nowadays by obyrich(m): 9:42pm On Sep 21, 2020
truthfulparrot:
Did you gave the fraudster any information like your account number, card number ? What is the name of the bank?
I had a similar issue yesterday. Someone called me yesterday evening with this number-08064744491.

He claimed to be calling from Union bank head office in Lagos. He said they were updating customer profile. He asked if I got the SMS they have been sending to me. Bla...bla.. .

He went ahead to tell me my BVN and date of birth( date, month and year) all correct. He requested I share the code sent to my phone with him. I claimed I had to drop the call to check because my phone is kpalasa. He dropped, sent another OTP, and called back. I just ignored him.

What surprised me was how he knew that my account was dormant (the account was opened in 2018 and has never been operated since then). He even knew I am yet to collect my ATM card.

Please people should be careful o.
Re: I Am Really Scared Of Bank Nowadays by hakeemhakeem(m): 10:43pm On Sep 21, 2020
Some one need to treat Nigeria bank a lesson I kept money with you and you can safe guide it.and if you can't you should be able to track the perpetrator

1 Like

Re: I Am Really Scared Of Bank Nowadays by dingbang(m): 2:46am On Sep 22, 2020
If this is investigated now, it will be revealed that the op divulged information and I won't be surprised.
Re: I Am Really Scared Of Bank Nowadays by joyandfaith: 4:40am On Sep 22, 2020
Iresoap:

Rule 1-do not converse with a stranger.
Re: I Am Really Scared Of Bank Nowadays by austine4real(m): 7:34am On Sep 22, 2020
Insider job

Banks na senior thief for this corntree

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Island CBD Office Vandalised By Hoodlums / Chaos At Lekki Epe Express Way / 3 Yahoo Plus Boys Seen Bathing On Mokola Bridge, Ibadan [watch VIDEO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.