Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,070 members, 7,880,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 04:19 PM

Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 (20278 Views)

Stop Tinubu's Inauguration On May 29: Protesters Besiege Court Of Appeal, Abuja / Soludo, Ibezim To Get Certificates Of Return Tomorrow - INEC / Fayemi, Bisi Egbeyemi Get Certificates Of Return From INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by freshkpomo(m): 3:57pm On Sep 22, 2020
Verdict
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by Dizzyrascal(m): 3:59pm On Sep 22, 2020
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by Mutemenot(m): 4:00pm On Sep 22, 2020
The way people hate this oshopikin now eh, them fit lynch this man oh

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by Badgoat123: 4:00pm On Sep 22, 2020
Edit any photo shot with any camera and get it looking like a professional photo shoot for N500 only we offer our service before payment so customers can verify their master piece before they pay, watch our demo below or
Contact us on whatssapp 08159747217

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7FdESlXWlM
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by Dizzyrascal(m): 4:00pm On Sep 22, 2020
Dreal1247:
If elections continue to be conducted in Nigeria like the Edo gubernatorial election, our politicians will be forced to have a rethink. This is because all the money they use to buy over voters will be wasted. Most people collected the cash from the APC but went on to vote PDP. Knowing fully well that it was the cash meant for the development of the state that were diverted to buy voters. Imagine borrowing money for political campaign in the name of one project or the other. Imagine presenting a yearly budget with the soul intent of diverting the funds for other purposes not really related to the budgeted project. But for advancement of political domination.
better and correct observation
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by Ndiasiri(m): 4:00pm On Sep 22, 2020
Please my good people make una helep me make we for join hand sing this sweet song

1) Loser oh oh oh Loserrrrrr

2) Loser oh oh oh Loserrrrrr

3) Losers you don loose ohh losersssss

4) Kpatakpata you go loose again ohh

5).................

Hahhahah I just dey pass I sey make I greet una ohhh ,how una dey ohh my people

1 Like

Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by CaptainMitch: 4:00pm On Sep 22, 2020
I know all the APC zombies here will be in pain cheesy

Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by Badgoat123: 4:01pm On Sep 22, 2020
Record,mix and master your songs online for #2000 only
With soundwaves online studio
And its service before payment yes you get your music done before you pay. For serious artist.
Contact us on WhatsApp 08159747217
Listen to some of our successful online productions on youtube @ Lazkidikan soundwaves or just click the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km3dYFAirn0
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by wink2015(m): 4:01pm On Sep 22, 2020
OSHIOMOLE HAS GONE UNDERGROUND.

Such an outspoken former APC Chairman Ex-governor Ex NLC President could not issue statement since the result came out.
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by originalprof: 4:01pm On Sep 22, 2020
Kwanza:
The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has presented certificates of return to the re-elected Governor of Edo State, Godwin Obaseki, and his deputy Philip Shaibu.

With the certificates of return, Obaseki and Shaibu have fulfilled the requirements of the Electoral Act to be inaugurated on November 12, 2020 in Benin City for their second term in office.

https://ait.live/just-in-obaseki-shaibu-receive-certificates-of-return/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35--NtDXn7U
Edo State Best Governor
OBASEKI And Shaibu 4+4
The Godfathers Killer 1 of Edo State
Congratulations to we.. the edolites
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by hecomeshome(m): 4:02pm On Sep 22, 2020
Rare photo of Ize-Iyamu on the day of election.

Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by tonero230(m): 4:02pm On Sep 22, 2020
Dickeyrider:
Those dirty biafrans will soon invade this thread to display their hypocrisy. Abia state is worse than latrin pit but they won't complain as long as PDP holds sway. The Hausa Fulanis doesn't even count them worthy of PDP presidential ticket despite years of slavery for PDP. Today they want biafra, tomorrow they lick PDP scrotum. I remember how many of their people begged me to take them to Lagos for better life during my NYSC days in the east. Tinubu this, tinubu that yet ifesinachi buses are filled with Igbos on a daily basis trooping to lagos for greener pastures. I have never seen a more confused set of people.
Anu ohia

1 Like

Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by Badgoat123: 4:02pm On Sep 22, 2020
Huh nice one
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by Badgoat123: 4:03pm On Sep 22, 2020
Cool
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by SeeAfrica(m): 4:09pm On Sep 22, 2020
My Take on the just concluded Edo gubernatorial poll

Pros.pnation

First and foremost,I would like to commend the Edo people,the security Agencies,political partisans of both parties,INEC ADHOC staff etc for ensuring that the much anticipated,intensed and grueling electoral contest in Edo state ended in relative peace and harmony.The election no doubt was one of the most anticipated post-general election 2019.The fear,curiosity,expectations that hovered the air prior to the D-day formed the cloud of portentous omen that many Nigerians envisioned and at the same time prayed against.The gimmicks,the dispositions,actions and reactions from both parties alike,perceived lopsided security interferences were enough to spin the wheel of Edo state to a grisly,horrifying Side.But Thank God once again the negative expectation of most Nigerians were cut-off.Credit to runner-up,Ize Inyanmu for demonstrating the spirit of sportsmanship:he conceded defeat without any acrimony.This shows that we are growing strongly in the tenet of democracy.
The election must have come and gone,and the mandate retained by Godwin Obaseki,but it also opens our eyes to the new positive direction that Nigerians are moving to:disentanglement of political godfatherism.It reiterates our intention of ending political intimidation,subjugation and impositions by elites who thinks they are capable of influencing our volition for their personal gain.Obaseki didn't win because he was well loved or because he had done something impeccable to deserve re-election but because the Edo people were not willing to do the biddings of the very few who thinks their influence are more powerful than the electorates' votes in installing leadership in the state.The way I saw it,it was a battle between the people and the elites:The elites' Voice and the people's choice.The people wanted to reaffirm that power truly belongs to the people.Tinubu's self-acclaim of father of Nigerian Democracy and determiner of what is best for Nigerians in an interview didn't go well with the people.It was a miscue to the Edo people.They(Edolites) realized that not just victory was at stake but dignity and they had to choose between their dignity as an independent people; and elites' cookies.That was why #EdoNoBeLagos became a social media trend.
I will like to point out that if Godwin Obaseki had been imposed on Edo people,he would have lost too because when the people realized that you are trying to play God in their political affairs they would have a cause to resist.When Oshiomole was elected Governor in 2008 at the expense of stronger political rivals then like Anthony Anenih and Igbinedion,he was of no political consequence in the state other than being NLC chairman at that time.Then in his political campaign he was constantly saying "Man no be God" in indirect reference to his rivals' political might.He knew he lacked the political grits, embodiment and trenchant wits that were grist to his rivals' mill;yet he won the votes of the people and rode to the political limelight that he is enjoying today.And he now thinks that the only best way to requite his people for their kind gesture is to assume the godly role over them.He has easily forgotten the strenous length and efforts that was put in place to overthrow the political ambitions of stronger political opportunities to his favor.As it was written in China Achebe's things fall apart" to whom the gods helped to crack his palm nut should learn to be humble" .
The people desire not to get manipulated into voting out Obaseki whom you presented to them with lofty recommendation just four years ago whilst vilifying the same Ize inyanmu that you now rooting for presently, showed a great sense of maturity because You can't expect people to align with or be against an individual political aspiration based on your relationship with the aspirant(s).Democracy isn't based on imposition rather it's on freedom of choice.Even a child can't easily be tricked to change perception of something that you had earlier introduced to him.You can't make him believe that a bee can sting while a fly can't, and days later,you reversed to telling him that the bees you pointed to him before actually don't sting but the fly does.He won't take you seriously considering how you had earlier goofed.
After years of saraki's dynasty in kwara,it was finally thwarted in 2019.It was the first pointer. Edo people saw this coming and they had to preempt political superimposition and Godfatherism;this was evident in the landslide victory of Godwin Obaseki whereby many APC chieftains lost their own wards to PDP.It was shocking when the reports were released from the media spheres.Ize Inyanmu would have done better if his image wasn't reflecting the schemes of oshiomole to the Edo people.The election was rather viewed as a battle of supremacy between Godwin Obaseki and oshiomole.Ize Inyanmu might have been the flagbearer of APC but Oshiomole was the cheerleader who was not received with applause by the Edo people.His intrusive appearance kindled the irate reactions from the people.
I may not be a supporter of obaseki or Iyanmu but I am an advocate of political freedom.Nigerians should select leaders out of their conscience and not by coercion or sentimentalism.Godfatherism impedes our democratic growth.Nigerians should always resist any attempt by any individual to stooged them.Being a supporter of a person's political course doesn't mean being a thrall.Don't let the political avariciousness of someone becloud your sense of judgment or discretionary propensity else you will lose the self dignity you have as a human.
Whatever we do in regarding to what concern our political affairs in this democratic setting,we should constantly be reminded that at the end power belongs to the people and we are responsible for those we vote into power.

Long live Nigeria

Pros.pnation

Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by DeRay98(m): 4:09pm On Sep 22, 2020
Numero9:
Edo masses have successfully help thier oppressors once again. All these people are the same! Now Lets sit back, relax and watch Edo masses continue to suffer from where they stopped.

Go and sleep joo, se them for come vote for you?
Nansense

1 Like

Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by fatymore(f): 4:12pm On Sep 22, 2020
You can have me on your timeline and still feeling cold.

Ask me how grin
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by Biggiman44: 4:14pm On Sep 22, 2020
Record,mix and master your songs online for #2000 only
With soundwaves online studio
And its service before payment yes you get your music done before you pay. For serious artist.
Contact us on WhatsApp 08159747217
Listen to some of our successful online productions on youtube @ Lazkidikan soundwaves or just click the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km3dYFAirn0
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by Biggiman44: 4:14pm On Sep 22, 2020
Edit any photo shot with any camera and get it looking like a professional photo shoot for N500 only we offer our service before payment so customers can verify their master piece before they pay, watch our demo below or
Contact us on whatssapp 08159747217

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7FdESlXWlM
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by Lamasta(m): 4:15pm On Sep 22, 2020
Congrats to them its not easy
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by Evii: 4:20pm On Sep 22, 2020
Dreal1247:
If elections continue to be conducted in Nigeria like the Edo gubernatorial election, our politicians will be forced to have a rethink. This is because all the money they use to buy over voters will be wasted. Most people collected the cash from the APC but went on to vote PDP. Knowing fully well that it was the cash meant for the development of the state that were diverted to buy voters. Imagine borrowing money for political campaign in the name of one project or the other. Imagine presenting a yearly budget with the soul intent of diverting the funds for other purposes not really related to the budgeted project. But for advancement of political domination.

Very true sir...coupled with USA, UK, EU visa ban warning... congratulations to all Edolite
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by AngelicBeing: 4:21pm On Sep 22, 2020
SmartProf:
There are 2 types of certificate of return. The one Obaseki & Shaibu have recieved is the certificate of return to govt house, while Edo people issued Ize Iyamu and his godfathers a certificate of return to internally Displaced Politicians camps (IDP camps). Report reaching us is that the IDP camp is full of APC nairaland supporters, who want to pay them some condolence visit and weep with them.
Gbam, nonsense and Buhari wink
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by omooba969(m): 4:21pm On Sep 22, 2020
Good riddance to bad rubbish. grin

Congratulations to the duo.

One luv. cool
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by eddyslim(m): 4:24pm On Sep 22, 2020
Congrats to them
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 22, 2020
Big congrats to the duo. NIGERIANS ARE HAPPY.
I also want to thank the US/UK coalition for that timely threat they made. It contributed to the credible elections.
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by Fideleo1: 4:27pm On Sep 22, 2020
I don't really know what is wrong with Nigerian people, what is the different between APC and PDP. They are both scammer, they have nothing to offer be wise my people.
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by mbahdi(m): 4:30pm On Sep 22, 2020
G
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by Kestolove(m): 4:30pm On Sep 22, 2020
So it's true, edo is not Lagos
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by Kobicove(m): 4:30pm On Sep 22, 2020
Congratulations to them smiley
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by eddyslim(m): 4:31pm On Sep 22, 2020
Congrats strong men
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by mattmogan88: 4:34pm On Sep 22, 2020
SHAKING MY HEAD
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu Get Certificates Of Return, Set For Inauguration On November 12 by salbis(m): 4:36pm On Sep 22, 2020
Dis Edo matter dey sweet me well well. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ahmad Lawan: APC Insists On Appealing Court Judgment / Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? / PDP Governors, Opposition Shun Jang’s NGF Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.