Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,117 members, 7,973,755 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 05:24 AM

Spotlight Poem: Oh! I Should Have Loved Myself! -- Ayomide Inufin D'great - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Spotlight Poem: Oh! I Should Have Loved Myself! -- Ayomide Inufin D'great (207 Views)

Make A List Of Those Who Have Loved You / Spotlight Poem: Love Don't Live Here -- Ayomide Inufin D'great / Spotlight Poem: The Beginning -- Ayomide Inufin D'great (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spotlight Poem: Oh! I Should Have Loved Myself! -- Ayomide Inufin D'great by Inuayo007: 2:36pm On Sep 22, 2020
My look on the lookout looking for love,
A special kind of heaven that comes from above,
Like a lady whose lover died at war;
I was waiting for my hero to arrive,
I needed something to die for in other to come alive.

So, I died living a lie,
I was led into this jungle and wandered around like a buzzing fly,
I fell in love from the peak of frivolity of a great sky
And wasted precious time that fortunes couldn't buy.

I sold my soul to buy vanity,
Like a child of perdition doomed for a brutal eternity,
The possessive possessed me,
I thought this devil will change but the change he had was spent on a shopping spree.

This is how you buy the world and sell your vote of conscience,
Priority is misplaced like a speaker carried away by the ovation of his audience,
Why make at first happen at last?
First thing first before the last thing alas!

Learn to love you before you love your neighbour,
Build charity in your heart before you make it a open habour,
For you can't please them if you haven't eased yourself,
Avoid the had I know of "oh! I should have loved myself!".

#NoSkiesNoLimits7
(InThisWorldOfOurs)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Inufinayomide

Ayomide Inufin D'great
inufinemmanuel@gmail.com
+2348160054299
IG: @ayomide_dgreat

(1) (Reply)

Did Coach Gernot Rohr Make The Right Selections For The October Friendly Games? / This Naija App Is Going To Make Alot Of Waves Guys / #bbnaijalockdown Recorded Over 900 Million Votes – Organisers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.