Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,740 members, 7,979,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 10:25 AM

edit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / edit (494 Views)

Edit Your Neco, Waec, Nabteb, Utme, Post Utme And Etc Free / edit / edit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

edit by buzugee(m): 5:13pm On Feb 28, 2011
from their country. i think we should all just shut the heck up and just allow these men to steal all they want. lets face it you will do the same if placed in position of power. your obsession with cars and affluence and worshiping those with money and big houses. yes you reading this here, i am talking to you. yes you. you will do the exact same thing if in office. please dont post anything about corruption anymore. i am sick of reading it. change the topic. move on. talk about something else. like how victoria island girls are foineeeeeeeeee or something like that. thanks for obliging me. preciated.
Re: edit by Nobody: 5:47pm On Feb 28, 2011
You make some good points. Let's face Nigeria. Who is it that pressurises these politicians to be corrupt? Is it not their families, friends, ''kinsmen'', and so on?

Are those people not us?

Imagine if your brother was elected state governor, would 99% of you not leave whatever you're doing to take up an office at state house? Perhaps to act as middleman for those wishing to meet your brother?  wink

Or some of you may pay him ''congratulatory'' visits. even throw a party for him.

His kinsmen will take out pages in the newspaper to offer ''congratulatory messages''.

No sooner has he settled in office, his family members, friends, kinsmen, will start trooping to his office for contract.

If he refuses them, come and see how they'll bad-mouth and ostracize him.

Bizarrely, when having discussions with those same people - family, kinsmen and all, THEY will complain to no end at the ''corruption'' and ''corrupt, useless leaders'' we have in Nigeria, and how ''nothing works in Nigeria'' etc etc.

In fact we have problems.
Re: edit by buzugee(m): 5:54pm On Feb 28, 2011
ROSSIKE:

You make some good points. Let's face Nigeria. Who is it that pressurises these politicians to be corrupt? Is it not their families, friends, ''kinsmen'', and so on?

Are those people not us?

Imagine if your brother was elected state governor, would 99% of you not leave whatever you're doing to take up an office at state house? Perhaps to act as middleman for those wishing to meet your brother?  wink

Or some of you may pay him ''congratulatory'' visits. even throw a party for him.

His kinsmen will take out pages in the newspaper to offer ''congratulatory messages''.

No sooner has he settled in office, his family members, friends, kinsmen, will start trooping to his office for contract.

If he refuses them, come and see how they'll bad-mouth and ostracize him.

Bizarrely, when having discussions with those same people - family, kinsmen and all, THEY will complain to no end at the ''corruption'' and ''corrupt, useless leaders'' we have in Nigeria, and how ''nothing works in Nigeria'' etc etc.

In fact we have problems.

i couldnt have put it more eloquently and succinctly. as folks around here say, ' GBAM'

(1) (Reply)

President Goodluck Is Better Than Buhari And His Dreaming Allies / Rascals: Tinubu Chats With Sss / Electoral Offenders Should Get Up To 20 Years Jail Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.