Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,309 members, 7,971,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 10:52 PM

Workplace Conflict (Job Market Soft Skills) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Workplace Conflict (Job Market Soft Skills) (144 Views)

5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. / See The Soft Drinks I Bought For 9200 In Jalingo / Tips To Solving A Workplace Conflict (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Workplace Conflict (Job Market Soft Skills) by willzx: 4:23am On Sep 24, 2020
Part 2

Case Study
Title: You Must Sack The Corrupt Workers

The CEO, one morning, snapped into the office. He could not believe what has become of the workers. He ordered for a meeting, and said, "I have a report that some workers stole some funds. Find them. Sack them. Hand them over to the police. Let them be charged to court and jailed."

He stormed out of the office. He did not drop any report. Instead he ordered each department to audit itself, and find the missing funds. And he declared, "You must sack the corrupt workers."

This sent the workers into a frenzi. "Who are the corrupt workers?""How much have they stolen?"

"Beware of fake people. Most people pretend to be harmless but inside they are ravaging wolves," Jane said to her subordinate, Kate.

"It is the Account guys that stole the money," Kate replied. "They are always running deals."

"And lavishing it on women," Jane frowned. "By their fruit, you shall know them," she preached.

The organisation is a medium size printing company; owned by the CEO and some shareholders.

The Account department is headed by Peter. He is not happy with the report. "Am sure it is Jane that wrote that report," he told his team.

"It does not matter who wrote it. Let the writer bring facts," Dan declared.

"Me, I am not auditing any account. I will give them the one I have done before," Martins concurred.

"I think it may be Brooks or his team that stole the funds. They ran a lot of expense claims recently," Dan speculated.

Peter, Dan, and Martins are the guys in the Account department. If money is missing, they should have some details.

Brooks is the head of printing. He and his team hurdle the company's money--- consuming cash and replenishing cash. "We are the engine of this business," he boasted. "They should audit us. We don't steal, we make," Brooks declared to his team mates."If they are looking for money, let them go to the people that hold money: Account."

Some of his team mates smiled. One did not. Mathew. He attends the same church with Jane, the head of Admin. He went and told her, "I think it is Brooks that stole that money. He boasted today, 'I make money, not steal.' He use to change figures, and make his money."

Jane warned him,"Don't associate or eat with them. They are evil people. So you will not be affected. The CEO may say you are part of them, and sack you."

The End ---_-_-_

Questions
1. Who wrote the report?
2. Who stole the money?
3. Summarize the story in 3 sentences.

Part 3

The Moral of the Story

In the story above, no fund was missing. The CEO was just testing them. They all failed. They accused each other falsely. They formed camps. They were ready for war with no enemy. This is workplace conflict.

Request the e-course: Workplace Conflict: FREE! at www.jobmarket.com.ng

Signup for Job Market Soft Skills 8 Weeks Email / WhatsApp Course at www.jobmarket.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Making Use Of Your Brain To Get You A First Class Result / Cheapest International Exams Registration / Asia - Africa Economic Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.