Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,998 members, 7,886,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 02:26 PM

5 Dangerous Lies Entrepreneurs Tell Themselves - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Dangerous Lies Entrepreneurs Tell Themselves (182 Views)

5 Long-standing Lies Successful Entrepreneurs Tell You / 3 Marketing Lies Small-business Owners Tell Themselves / Entrepreneurs!!!! Tell The Truth, It's Critical For Your Business. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Dangerous Lies Entrepreneurs Tell Themselves by Debonubia: 9:51am On Sep 24, 2020
Doing what everyone else isn’t doing is the nature of entrepreneurs. However, this singular entrepreneurial act has now been automated lies entrepreneurs tell themselves on a daily basis to feel cool.

I have taken time to examine some dangerous lies entrepreneurs tell themselves in other to live their passion and achieve them dreams. See below in no order of priority:

We are overwhelming optimistic that people will love our products and services. Oh yeah optimism is needed to succeed as an entrepreneur. However, many at times, entrepreneurs lie to themselves and believe that they know what customers or clients love. The truth is, entrepreneurs only make knowledgeable guesses and then test the hypothesis in action. Most times entrepreneurs really don’t know what customers want, just as consumers equally don’t know what they want most times.

Hey! holding onto this lie may cause your business to struggle.

Many entrepreneurs are so focused on setting up structures and strategies for their businesses that they lack the time to grow personally through reading. “I don’t have time for myself not to talk of reading”, remember this “the day you stop reading you simply start dying”. The most successful CEOs who get new ideas to drive the “big picture” of their businesses read dozens of books yearly. Not reading and expanding your thoughts and learning new ideas will only keep you stagnant.

Life and work are intertwined and inseparable for entrepreneur, I totally believe that ‘the reward for work is to work more”, and entrepreneurs must be able and willing to work at least not less than 80 hours a week in the formidable years of their business. Simple put – hard work is necessary for building a successful business. However, entrepreneurs often tell themselves lies believing that the only solution is to “work harder” by putting in longer working hours.

To be honest, this doesn’t necessary means a business will suddenly improve and grow, instead entrepreneurs must look at the core of the problem and seek to create more systems to deal with it. Difficult times are unavoidable in startup stage, but it’s a lie that most entrepreneurs believe that more work hours are always the solution.

Read more here: https://naijabiz.ng/5-dangerous-lies-entrepreneurs-tell-themselves/

(1) (Reply)

Coupon For Sale. / Why I Am Afraid Of Success / Us-africa Economic And Investment Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.