Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,132 members, 7,907,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 12:08 AM

Oshiomhole Finally Reacts To Obaseki's Victory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Finally Reacts To Obaseki's Victory (230 Views)

Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu / Edo Election: Philip Shaibu Dances To Celebrate PDP And Obaseki's Victory / Oshiomhole Finally Reacts To Obaseki Disqualification In A New Look (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Finally Reacts To Obaseki's Victory by Gjrich(m): 10:03am On Sep 24, 2020
The Punch reported Oshiomhole as saying that life is not all about winning every time and that losing is also part of life. He stressed that he will not give up on the country's democracy.

According to Oshiomhole, who spoke on the outcome of the Edo State Gubernatorial election that many voters were frustrated by faulty card readers. He expressed how he was inspired by the aged and nursing mothers who endured the harshness of the weather to cast their votes. He's quoted as saying: 'If septuagenarians were not frustrated because their card readers are not working, it inspired me that if at their age they don't give up, why should I give up?'

Oshiomhole encourages the people to have faith in our country, Nigeria and that we are not going to have another one. 'This is our country and we must make it great. We must strengthen democracy, we must improve on it. No matter the outcome of an election, or a particular edition of a process, have faith in God and have faith in our country.'

Oshiomhole, however, debunked the rumours that he has been weakened based on the outcome of the just concluded Edo State Gubernatorial election.
He says, A lot of people will be thinking now that Comrade must be down, but I am not down. 'When God says you are not down, you are not down and I am not down.'

(1) (Reply)

Raid On AKS Market: PDP Knocks APC Over Comments On Governor Emmanuel / A Call For The Abolition Of Agbero On The Road And Market Dues / There's Absolutely Nothing To Celebrate Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.