Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,393 members, 7,974,636 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 08:42 AM

Kogi Gov't Declares 2-day Mourning For 23 Killed In Felele Tanker Explosion - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Kogi Gov't Declares 2-day Mourning For 23 Killed In Felele Tanker Explosion (150 Views)

Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator / Kaduna Declares 2 Runaway COVID-19 Patients Wanted / ALERT!! Lagos Declares 2 Persons Wanted Over Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kogi Gov't Declares 2-day Mourning For 23 Killed In Felele Tanker Explosion by LosC: 2:23pm On Sep 24, 2020
The government in Kogi has declared two days of mourning in honour of 23 people killed in a petrol tanker explosion on Wednesday at Felele, along Lokoja-Abuja expressway.

A statement issued on Thursday by the Commissioner for Information and Communications, Kingsley Fanwo, said the governor and the government of Kogi State are saddened by the unfortunate incident that claimed many lives in the early hours of Wednesday.

“As a result of the importance placed on the lives of our people, Government has declared a two-day state mourning to honor the departed souls.

“In this time of grief, we urge the people to be deep in sober reflection and stand together for one another to pull out of the agonizing loss.

“Government wishes to reiterate her call on road users to act responsibly in order to avert unfortunate situations that simple care and caution could have averted. Full investigations will also be carried out to determine the causes of the painful incident.

“The Kogi State Government wishes to assure families that lost loved ones and those whose houses were affected of support at this trying moment.

“We also call on relevant Federal Government agencies to provide relief materials to support what the state government shall be providing.

“Our hearts are with the affected families. May the souls of the departed rest in peace,” Fanwo said in the statement.

Lalasticlala
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Mynd44

https://dailytrust.com/kogi-declares-2-day-mourning-for-23-killed-in-felele-tanker-explosion

Re: Kogi Gov't Declares 2-day Mourning For 23 Killed In Felele Tanker Explosion by JimmyAdekanbi(m): 2:26pm On Sep 24, 2020
This is very sad! My condolence to the families and loved ones left behind.
Re: Kogi Gov't Declares 2-day Mourning For 23 Killed In Felele Tanker Explosion by Righteousness89(m): 2:35pm On Sep 24, 2020
Very Black day in Kogi State..
Prayers For all the Families and Homes that are Mourning.
Only God Almighty can Console you all..

For us who still Have the Privilege of Breath in us, let us make use of it Wisely...

I Saw the bodies of my Fellow Humans and I knew that the Breath in me today is a Privilege..

In this Life we are, what is of Topmost Importance is that we are Prepared for Eternity.
Our Life here is a Rehearsal for Eternity.

Nobody really Dies! We only Switch from Earth to Eternity..
We only Switch from Rehearsal to Reality?

The Worst thing that could Hit a Man/Woman is to Die without JESUS....

Make Haste while you Can! The Next Hour is not Promised!

(1) (Reply)

Notice Blocked Fallopian Tubes Caused By Pelvic Inflammatory Disease / Cheapest International Exams Registration / 7 Specific Risks That Can Be Caused By Male Prostatitis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.