Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,964 members, 7,980,469 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 03:24 PM

Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' (73389 Views)

32-Year-Old Onyeka Onwenu Performing On Stage In Lagos In 1984 (Throwback) / Bolanle Ninalowo And Wife Are Separated, Have 2 Children, A Boy & A Girl (Photos / Actress Genevieve Nnaji Pictured With Onyeka Owenu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by drlateef: 2:21pm On Sep 25, 2020
swtdrms:
You see all of you Yoruba Muslim who are just Muslim by name and understands next to nothing about ISLAM, do you now see how you're disgrace to ISLAM and yourself?

Look at the way she has described you, it better you kuku leave the fold and let's know clearly where you belong.

You must be out of your senses.
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by swtdrms(m): 2:22pm On Sep 25, 2020
code77:

Shut up my friend. If only u guys, up there in the North & your folks d world over could practice your religion like your Yoruba brothers do; I doubt d world will be in it's present mess.
Dat title " Religion of Peace" should be reserved only for d Yorubas. Because, they are truly d only one projecting a Good Image for you guys.

Olodo, what type of Islam is UAE (Dubai) practicing that you're all ready to run to, what about Qatar, Turkey, Malaysia your people are rushing to. These are country that are genuine with their islam, know what they're doing and keep to the standard.

Your hatred will only make you see the negative examples and not the positive ones.
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by Unbreakable007: 2:26pm On Sep 25, 2020
1984 hmmmm

E don tey wey ppl don dey Bleep ooo.

I go meet up so?
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by swtdrms(m): 2:26pm On Sep 25, 2020
cocolacec:

What will you say about Arabs and Afghans who dont pray or fast during Ramadan?
I know many of them who drink and womanize.

You're very correct, there are many of such, but they themselves know they do not represent the general muslim overview the more reason they're not comfortable publicly with such attitudes.

Besides there's difference between someone doing wrong and acknowledges its wrong, against one who doesn't even know.
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by EMMY76: 2:28pm On Sep 25, 2020
Igbo ladies can marry anything that have enough money to spend.
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by eplanning: 2:31pm On Sep 25, 2020
heendrix:
What is Yoruba Muslim? is that a particular Race to undecided

I tire o

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by Gracchus: 2:34pm On Sep 25, 2020
confydoedowaye:
JesusCHRIST, some people bore this hatred from their stomach! in 1914, Lord Lugard Yusuf Obinna joined north and south Nigeria forcefully together, I think we should follow that pattern to seperate, if not, it will be hard to seperate (Biafra from Nigeria).
Always do well to clarify "South", because Yorubas are not part of the so called South. That's what it is.
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:37pm On Sep 25, 2020
I bet she's regretting now, but it's too late.
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 25, 2020
Great news love her music as well
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by Grandmeister(m): 2:38pm On Sep 25, 2020
highdon:
Is a Yoruba Muslim different from a Muslim? No ill feelings here.
Mock Mohamed in front of a Yoruba Muslim and then do same in front of an Hausa Muslim and your doubts will be cleared instantly.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by anonimi: 2:43pm On Sep 25, 2020
Skynet45:
grin we are the most accommodating ethnic group in Nigeria, but the flat head and ndi developers are spoiling our land

They is nothing like Yoruba Muslims we are all Yoruba first . Flat heads created Yoruba Muslims nickname to divide us but it won't work.

anonimi:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10585656_img20191117231435821_jpegc6129cce41147bf7b10804215610bf7b

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by swtdrms(m): 2:48pm On Sep 25, 2020
tamdun:

Apologies, but why did you call them yoruba muslim? Why not hausa Muslim or Fulani Muslim
Wetin b the meaning of Yoruba Muslim?

Thank you, i like your question because it's devoid of sentiment but Basically clarification

Having said that, there's no perfection anywhere but there are situation that you can identify where some things are far from what it claims to be.

Hausa Muslims portray clear semblance to Islam most times, that does not absolve them from several misdoings as we all know it today.

On the contrast, Majority of the so called yoruba Muslims are just Muslim by name and no further semblance to Islam.

His thoughts and acts he conforms to the norm set outside islam. He wants to be seen as a conformist even when its obvious these are values inimical to his Islam. That's the reason the highest number of those involved in ritual activities are these set of people. When he marries, most especially when he marries non muslim, he drops his Islam just to please his non muslim spouse. And most times, he converts to Christianity mainly to please his associates.

These set of people when they misbehave, then people shout Yoruba Muslim, and most times they are to appointed to represent the generality of muslims in political affairs thereby endangering the welfare and rights of the muslim community.

Hope you understand the danger s they portend to us.

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by eagleu: 2:55pm On Sep 25, 2020
Sorry for her
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by akacha1: 2:59pm On Sep 25, 2020
Dreambeat:
She did not say she married a ' Yoruba Muslim' in the context used by some Nairalanders, she only said she married a Yoruba man who was a muslim at the time they got married.

thanks a lot. I really don't know why everything must be miss understood. here

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by Misterdhee1(m): 3:00pm On Sep 25, 2020
code77:

Shut up my friend. If only u guys, up there in the North & your folks d world over could practice your religion like your Yoruba brothers do; I doubt d world will be in it's present mess.
Dat title " Religion of Peace" should be reserved only for d Yorubas. Because, they are truly d only one projecting a Good Image for you guys.
Bitter truth. If Islam had its root from Northern Nigeria, I doubt any one would have been interested in the religion.
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by Misterdhee1(m): 3:06pm On Sep 25, 2020
swtdrms:

Thank you, i like your question because it's devoid of sentiment but Basically clarification

Having said that, there's no perfection anywhere but there are situation that you can identify where some things are far from what it claims to be.

Hausa Muslims portray clear semblance to Islam most times, that does not absolve them from several misdoings as we all know it today.

On the contrast, Majority of the so called yoruba Muslims are just Muslim by name and no further semblance to Islam.

His thoughts and acts he conforms to the norm set outside islam. He wants to be seen as a conformist even when its obvious these are values inimical to his Islam. That's the reason the highest number of those involved in ritual activities are these set of people. When he marries, most especially when he marries non muslim, he drops his Islam just to please his non muslim spouse. And most times, he converts to Christianity mainly to please his associates.

These set of people when they misbehave, then people shout Yoruba Muslim, and most times they are to appointed to represent the generality of muslims in political affairs thereby endangering the welfare and rights of the muslim community.

Hope you understand the danger s they portend to us.
Trash. Almost every single act up north does not comform with Islamic tenets. Hatred for education, laziness, al-majiri, violence, rape, lack of regard to human lives, non-tolerance to opposite religious views, disrespect to female folks, poverty, drug abuse and many more. And mind you, God (Allah) has always been a factor in Yorubaland even before the advent of Islam and Christianity, so you can't possibly expect Yorubas to blindly practice religion with the kind of conservatism you guys show up there.. Perhaps that explains the huge difference in growth and development between the two regions.

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by Ojady(m): 3:06pm On Sep 25, 2020
The emphasis on Yoruba-Muslim is only a pointer to how far we have fallen from seeing the complementing qualities of people who differ from us, not physiologically but via our man made, surface differences. There are many things one can learn, understand, even adapt/adopt from folks externally and culturally different from us. The way is to simply get off our high 'horses' and see, understand, even try riding 'camels', 'donkeys', even 'ostriches'(sic) and see, that nothing in itself is evil/bad, just the meaning attached to it.

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by Sammy07: 3:07pm On Sep 25, 2020
Obodogri:

You may be right though.

But this was how Yusuf, founder of Boko Haram started.

He was ignored in the beginning until things got out of hand.

Same modus operandi is what am seeing too here w.r.t Muric.

Bro truth is it can never happen if n Yoruba land.
Religion Is the last thing in Yoruba.

My town is 90% Christians yet, we celebrate lots of traditional festivals in a year.
it can't just work

A Yoruba man cannot kill his wife, friend or parents because of religion, it's not possible.
Take a 2weeks trip to the west and see for yourself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by Misterdhee1(m): 3:10pm On Sep 25, 2020
Ojady:
The emphasis on Yoruba-Muslim is only a pointer to how far we have fallen from seeing the complementing qualities of people who differ from us, not physiologically but via our man made, surface differences. There are many things one can learn, understand, even adapt/adopt from folks externally and culturally different from us. The way is to simply get off our high 'horses' and see, understand, even try riding 'camels', 'donkeys', even 'ostriches'(sic) and see, that nothing in itself is evil/bad, just the meaning attached to it.

Nigerians are generally close-minded peeps. They see their ways and beliefs as the only true ways, and would do anything to shoke their beliefs and ways on other's throat. Little wonder, we have some of the worst hypocrites on planet earth in the country.

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:12pm On Sep 25, 2020
Provided she got married once upon a time. Religion and tribe is irrelevant when it comes to love and marriage. I heard she also had a fling with KSA
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by FuckOsuPigs: 3:29pm On Sep 25, 2020
Skynet45:
grin we are the most accommodating ethnic group in Nigeria, but the flat head and ndi developers are spoiling our land

They is nothing like Yoruba Muslims we are all Yoruba first . Flat heads created Yoruba Muslims nickname to divide us but it won't work.

They have failed miserably grin

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by AllOfUsAtManna(f): 3:31pm On Sep 25, 2020
Skynet45:

yeroba Muslims are not real yerobas but immigrants from futa jalon that settled in southwest
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by kilonshele101(m): 3:33pm On Sep 25, 2020
wink2015:

THE WORD YORUBA MUSLIMS became prominent because of their influencial role in the federal government of Nigeria both positively and negatively.

From the governmental perspectives, Yoruba muslims ( quite a sizeable number of them ) have been subjugating SOUTHERN UNITY and solidarity in favour of their friends in the core north with whom they share religious connection and that has been setting Nigeria "s drive towards a restructured state quite very frustrating.

BECAUSE OF RELIGION, yoruba muslims are betraying their fellow southerner to the northerners.

The northerners have rewarded these group of yoruba muslims with positions in the federal government, federal parastatals, the security agencies etc.

INFACT, NO GOVERNMENT COMES INTO PLAY IN NIGERIA WITHOUT A SIGNIFICANT YORUBA MUSLIMS INSIDE THE GOVERNMENT.

IT CAN BE REASON THAT ONE OF THE CRITERIA FOR GETTING A HIGH LEVEL POLITICAL POSITIONS OR NON POLITICAL POSITIONS FROM A NORTHERNER IS THAT YOU MUST BE A YORUBA MUSLIMS.

Even federal government contracts that is managed by a northern political leaders also silently put that clause as one the major criteria for giving jobs to a contractor.

In conclusion, yoruba muslims particularly from the SOUTH WEST have not yet shaken off their SLAVERY MENTALITY towards the core north.

WHEN THE SOUTH WANT TO SPEAK WITH ONE VOICE, the yoruba muslims comes in with their factor to water down the whole process.

It is also on record that it was the Yoruba muslims of the South West that connived with the core north to bring down the government of President Jonathan.

Now i see why you are pained

The fact that a yoruba who is a muslim is always above you doesn't warrant hatred.

They are our brothers no matter how you people try to divide us.

You people claim the north don't recognize them yet you are saying they are favoring them..
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by Obodogri: 3:35pm On Sep 25, 2020
Sammy07:

Bro truth is it can never happen if n Yoruba land.
Religion Is the last thing in Yoruba.

My town is 90% Christians yet, we celebrate lots of traditional festivals in a year.
it can't just work

A Yoruba man cannot kill his wife, friend or parents because of religion, it's not possible.
Take a 2weeks trip to the west and see for yourself

I stayed in Lagos, Okun-Owa and Odogbolu towns in Ogun State most part of my life.
So i know exactly what you're saying.

My fears really is this monster called Muric.

There's a report some weeks ago that Isis abi Boko Haram gave them some money, a report later debunked by Prof Akintola.
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by AllOfUsAtManna(f): 3:36pm On Sep 25, 2020
swtdrms:
You see all of you Yoruba Muslim who are just Muslim by name and understands next to nothing about ISLAM, do you now see how you're disgrace to ISLAM and yourself?

Look at the way she has described you, it better you kuku leave the fold and let's know clearly where you belong.
example is one solmus
he watches bbn every minute and day instead of reading his haadith
I'm 100% sure bbn is Haram in Islam

that's why northern Muslims don't take yeroba Muslims serious
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by Solatium(m): 3:37pm On Sep 25, 2020
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by kilonshele101(m): 3:41pm On Sep 25, 2020
Obodogri:

I stayed in Lagos, Okun-Owa and Odogbolu towns in Ogun State most part of my life.
So i know exactly what you're saying.

My fears really is this monster called Muric.

There's a report some weeks ago that Isis abi Boko Haram gave them some money, a report later debunked by Prof Akintola.

You actually knows nothing.
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by Meteng: 3:50pm On Sep 25, 2020
If she no address her alleged tango with Kris Okotie, the book no complete
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by sofiscatedmoron: 3:51pm On Sep 25, 2020
Unbreakable007:
1984 hmmmm

E don tey wey ppl don dey Bleep ooo.

I go meet up so?
grin
Which styles do u wanto practice that have not neen done before
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by naija4life247: 3:58pm On Sep 25, 2020
heendrix:
What is Yoruba Muslim? is that a particular Race to undecided

Yoruba Muslim is a sphrase coined by miscreants and children who were fathered during the civil war when Yoruba soldiers were ravaging the their land.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

DJ Cuppy And Fireboy Valentine's Day Photos / BBNaija: Coco Ice - I Don’t Regret Baring My Boobs For Bassey To Suck / John Okafor (Mr-Ibu's) White Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.