Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,028 members, 7,931,535 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 07:56 AM

Post Edo Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Post Edo Election (158 Views)

'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election / Edo Election: Obazee Steps Down, Endorses Pastor Ize-Iyamu / Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Post Edo Election by teekay021: 11:28am On Sep 25, 2020
Edo and the rest of us.

My sceptism and sentiment about  political subject expecially in multi ethnic, intellectual and numerous charismatic personalities Country such as Nigeria, will not only establish cautions but also expose me to wide range of  diversification in terms of cultural differences, political ideology, Social and Economic positions. Having that in mind I could easily place significant and huge respect to honour those differences.

Meanwhile in contrast it alwsys amaze me and sometimes confused my critical understanding, Why is the Country continued to totaled in the manner which citizens were never met with some certain basic necessity,  Why would the abundance of resources were never enough to satisfy and sustain the integrity of people demand and needs, why does it seems like the Country is running in gyre and Circle with Clear evidence of no Sensibe direction.

Different Personality and Party which had been tested with high hope, promise and expectations to fulfill the promise of true democracy consistently have manifested in  mediocrity and fault of different blemishes was attached to their names even after they left public office.

Edo Election also testify to the obscure and astray of which the Nation is stirred.

Among other events unfolds in Edo which manifested in various ways, there is discussion of Godfatherism, one of which is Certificate palaver, power and authority contest between some political players, Carpet crossing and decamping took the center stage of the unfolds event.

Lesson learnt even though contribute less or no relevance to the progress of true democratic processes as it was practically demonstrated in other civilized Country.

1. The preponderance of a political party expecially some political players who dare to challenge the might of Omnipotent and the electorate,  who also demonstrate, command clout and action of Godfatherism in competition with the dominion of God were utterly defeated by  true might and strength  of togetherness and unification of Edo citizen. It is only God who owns supreme authority.

2. The other Political Camp which were quick to jump to Rambunctious, tumultuous and joyful euphoria,  need to remember  and acknowledged the individual  who borrowed their platform to save it from political extinction , if not so the political party which had already sunk and about to be completely annihilate in Edo state before some political arithmetical adjustment were introduced even though of which contradict with the party constitution ,but the ends always justify the process.

3. Regardless of the different political party involved, it is significant to indicate how little or less those  platform induced and influenced the outcome of the election as therefore demonstrated by the electorate whose continuity appeal to them, good governance, progressive and hope rather than trust or default ideology of an irrelevant certain political party,  if the victorious candidate, my opinion, borrowed an unfamiliar platform he may as well garner and  records same Victory  because the electorate prefer continuity and favor tested individual like the cliche ' the devil known better than expected angel.

4. The election umpire the INEC displayed and  demonstrated the action which deserve some fitting applaud and accolade for the job welldone, the strategy and the process were better improved compare to  the previously held election,  good not although enough, people will appreciate perfection and the best in subsequent elections.

5. Democracy in Nigeria context is comical if utterly gaze to some extents, I observe from a far at the renown TV channels the debate between the candidates of APC and PDP, the opposition Pastor and the incubent governor.

It is not only preposterous that the pastor incessantly launched direct oral attack to Personality rather than staying in the contest of the subject of debate. He testify that  the political game is imperatively not about people but upholding Narcissistic and satisfying certain selfish craves, to exacerbate the panelists arguments even though vague, the moderator (Seun Okinbaloye) refuses to ask not even a single progressive question but rather questioning rethorics and unsolved mystery  which had been asked and discuss over and over again for decades and  since the birth of fourth republic. I could only asked what change?.

The enumerated facts were testament and proof that no matter how far we have go with the hope and expectations of true democratic processes and free society were not just elusive but also an evidence of obscurity direction and grips of vested intrest propelling the  Country in Circular direction.

To save and bring to people a new template of reformed system of government inherently institutionalized where people will felt the outreach of true democracy rather than settling for less or crumbs from the Elite and politicians table.

A collaboration effort from all parts in the Country which will involve different ethnics, genders, religions, and bring closer even , just and free democratic substantial dividends .

Therefore I  hopefully anticipate a Country where the politics and all aspects of it will be about people rather than the party interest.

I look forward to the Country where elected officials will prioritize people basics necessity needs and demands .

I will submit with the question extract from Barack Obama victory speech at grant park in 2008.

If we are to live to see the next Century  what progress may we have make?
Re: Post Edo Election by BERNIMOORE: 11:58am On Sep 25, 2020
I must admit that Edo people have set a pace for the new Nigeria and demostrates that the will of the people to chose their leader is paramount

...My yoruba people with their sophistication are more divided and can't speak with one voice again, Muric ishaq Akintola is being stationed to always pour cold water to their agitation

Imagine one Taiwo Akerele a yoruba An aide to obaseki led 42 other aides and commissioners to resign from obaseki cabinet...
But determination and good support from the good edo people secure the victory
Obaseki put his political carrer on the highest risk ever of becoming political irrelevant for life had it been he lost. It's rare to have people with such determination...it's suicidal.
He set a new pace..

(1) (Reply)

Fani-kayode Reacts As APC Suspends Fayemi / What Is Development? / Falsehood Against Governor Udom Emmanuel : The Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.