Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,957 members, 7,942,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 09:51 AM

Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa (41266 Views)

Paulo Costa: "How Adesanya Celebrated His Victory Is Disgusting, I Want Revenge" / Isreal Adesanya Beats Paulo Costa To Retain UFC Middleweight Championship / Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by edward1106(m): 5:37pm On Sep 27, 2020
light099:
Congratulations to my boy Israel. It's a rare feat to maintain a clean sheet in a whole 20 UFC games. He knocked out Robert Whittaker, they thought it was a fluke; he survived Yoel Romero, they also thought it was another fluke, but now he knocked out Costa like a baby and then haters are in shock. End of discussion.
His jabs always look soft, but his opponents always touch the ground when the soft looking punches hit their bodies. I'm sure Costa and his fans are still in shock. They think it's a dream, someone please wake them up.
Racists, haters and all Costa fans, how market?
I heard Costa severally referring to him as 'skinny'. But Costa would have known who's really 'skinny' by now. Izzy made Costa look too skinny inside the Octagon.
The funny thing is, i'm yet to understand the anatomy of the knockout. I've watched it several times, although I saw a left-hand punch flying in the air, but I didn't really see it touching Costa as such. Perhaps the breeze of the punch knocked out Costa.
Same scenario happened with Whittaker, all I saw was a curvy, R2 left-hand punch lightly brushing Whittaker's jaw, next thing, Whittaker suddenly lost stamina, staggered backwards uncontrollably and fell.
Seems Izzy is starting to apply R2 to his punches.
The first destabilizing left kick was instrumental, leading to the cut and all. My bro, his jabs are not soft at all, they are just too fast, so u only notice them as soft.
Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by Adlac(m): 5:37pm On Sep 27, 2020
Youngkasco:
He's good but brags too much... Na Yoruba guy sha.

Brags too much? My brother he has work for it.

over the years he was as silence as no body. But for him to have 20 streak win he deserve that flauntness.

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by matrix4857: 5:41pm On Sep 27, 2020
Are you a writer? Do you use Grammarly? Do you want the premium version? Well, THIS OFFER IS JUST FOR YOU Get the Premium Version Today at an affordable price with a discount of 16.67% Offer Last for 24 hours CHAT ME UP ON 08148578296(WHATSAPP) and let's proceed #Writers #Writers needed #Copywriter
Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by edward1106(m): 5:42pm On Sep 27, 2020
Youngkasco:
What are you saying? Brag ke? He talks less compared to his colleagues. As a matter of fact, u need bragging to be in that kind of sport so as to put fear in your opponent.

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by edward1106(m): 5:46pm On Sep 27, 2020
Orubebe01:
Yoruba guys are good in boxing. big up to him
Nah, a typical Yoruba man is damn scared to partake ......... Probably, there is another blood mixed up in this guy and Joshua, a south south blood to be precise, buried from his ancestral lineage. grin
Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 27, 2020
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by Aguilar(m): 5:49pm On Sep 27, 2020
waséré alayé, je kan mo

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by stayclearofme: 6:03pm On Sep 27, 2020
LegoxMetahuman:
someone that literally called himself the world's greatest (a phrase that is part of him till today) what did you think he was doing calling himself that? was he praising the opponent by calling himself world's greatest?

something a simple google search should clear your ignorance but you people will still come here and ask dumass questions

You are a real dumbass and very idiotic person for lacking the ability to comprehend a simple question....a silly per son you are.
The other guy said he was too boastful after wining and I asked him the question if he has ever watched Ali meaning Ali praises himself a lot even before wining which means what the guy is doing is normal especially in combat sport.
You are here typing rubbish and calling your father a dumb ass. Next time make your point without insults, uncouth thing like you. Pikin wey dem born yesterday dey tell me about Ali quote....olodo.
Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by Segzy19: 6:04pm On Sep 27, 2020
See dem! Dem don start... Na Yoruba guy, and so what? Do you know the other opponents brag? Do you even watch UFC at all....
Youngkasco:

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by Kharol1234: 6:06pm On Sep 27, 2020
light099:
Congratulations to my boy Israel. It's a rare feat to maintain a clean sheet in a whole 20 UFC games. He knocked out Robert Whittaker, they thought it was a fluke; he survived Yoel Romero, they also thought it was another fluke, but now he knocked out Costa like a baby and then haters are in shock. End of discussion.
His jabs always look soft, but his opponents always touch the ground when the soft looking punches hit their bodies. I'm sure Costa and his fans are still in shock. They think it's a dream, someone please wake them up.
I heard Costa severally referring to him as 'skinny'. But Costa would have known who's really 'skinny' by now. Izzy made Costa look too skinny inside the Octagon.
The funny thing is, i'm yet to understand the anatomy of the knockout. I've watched it several times, although I saw a left-hand punch flying in the air, but I didn't really see it touching Costa as such. Perhaps the breeze of the punch knocked out Costa.
Same scenario happened with Whittaker, all I saw was a curvy, R2 left-hand punch lightly brushing Whittaker's jaw, next thing, Whittaker suddenly lost stamina, staggered backwards uncontrollably and fell.
The kick alone to the head disorganized Costa that's y e fell
Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by tiger28: 6:08pm On Sep 27, 2020
What I have noticed is that MOST of the Yorubas in the diaspora AREN'T SHY to let the world know their HERITAGE....They are CLOSELY connected to it and EVEN try to show off their KNOWLEDGE of the Heritage ...From John Boyega putting Wizkid on the soundtrack of his movies to Anthony Joshua letting the World see how he makes Eba to Wale collabing with most Nigerian artists etc. I saw a Youtube program organised by first generation Igbo kids in UK and they were amazed at how most of their Yoruba counterparts have a fluent understanding and connection to their tribe........Omoluabis, we don't forget HOME!

5 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by tiger28: 6:16pm On Sep 27, 2020
Hakeem Dawodu , Canadian Born to a 14 yr old Nigerian mother and a Jamaican father. His father was later deported and his mother raised him by herself. YET , He was CARRYING the Nigerian flag on his way to victory last night, I wouldn't be surprised if Israel Adesanya PUT him on his Undercard. .....These Yoruba boys ehnnn They JUST will always let the World know HOW PROUD they are of their HERITAGE......Omoluabis!!!

2 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by meobizy(f): 6:16pm On Sep 27, 2020
Yet Nairalanders built like him keep opening threads every other day claiming they want to bulk up.
Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by africandollar: 6:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
light099:

U think say na only him dey fight for that ring? Those punches aren't ordinary bro, fists wey we don soak for .... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 27, 2020
slex:
After watching 30 mins of how costa was training and preparing for this fight coupled with his body size , never gave Izzy a chance .

He has proven me wrong , e no easy 20-0-0

You just won me over IZzy.

As for that person who was asking if Muhammed Ali brags , brother got and watch his pre fight interviews or are you new to this ?

Mohammed Ali to this day is the King of bragging in boxing.

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by Earnonline7: 8:12pm On Sep 27, 2020
Oh
Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by themanderon: 9:32pm On Sep 27, 2020
light099:

Goodness me!!! I really feared for Izzy. That Costa guy still fell like those before him my oh my. After all his boastings and all. Truly pride goes before a massive massive fall. Congrats Izzy.

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by Nobody: 2:43am On Sep 28, 2020
edward1106:

Nah, a typical Yoruba man is damn scared to partake ......... Probably, there is another blood mixed up in this guy and Joshua, a south south blood to be precise, buried from his ancestral lineage. grin

Keep thinking this until you get knocked out by an omo luabi. Keep tying to discredit us and we will keep showing you up with success after success. "Typical yoruba man is scared to partake..." but we always dominate in combat sports on the world stage, making Nigerians and Africans worldwide proud. South-south will rather attach themselves to us than to yeebos, live with that.
Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by Imefonukoenin11: 2:52am On Sep 28, 2020
Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by Origin(f): 8:36am On Sep 28, 2020
His post fight interview was something else .

That was a whole movie on its own.
Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by Shuugar98(f): 11:02am On Sep 28, 2020
Omo oluwabi to the world... Yoruba nation is blessed

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by Haykinx98(m): 9:48am On Sep 29, 2020
Y'all need to follow @stylebender on Twitter,The guy na werey.He just dey taunt Costa anyhow

He needs to be calming down ;DY'all need to follow @stylebender on Twitter,The guy na werey.He just dey taunt Costa anyhow

He needs to be calming down

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

AFCON: Antonio Rudiger Celebrates Sierra Leone's Draw With Holders, Algeria / Man City Players Celebrate First Champions League Final In Dressing Room / “Nigerians Made 2018 World Cup An Unforgettable” One – FIFA Praises Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.