Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,386 members, 7,897,726 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 06:32 PM

Opinions From Knowledgeable Persons Only - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Opinions From Knowledgeable Persons Only (195 Views)

To: Ncn: Inec Is Wise: Njc Is Knowledgeable And Understanding!!! / Some Of The Claims That Knowledgeable Muslims No Longer Make / Can Juju Work Against A Knowledgeable Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Opinions From Knowledgeable Persons Only by tosyne55(m): 10:39am On Sep 27, 2020
Guys I have two questions to ask please, am just seeking to be knowledgeable, take note pls

1. Is reincarnation real or not...pls give your answers with explanation or proof

2. There is something the yorubas call 'AKUDAYA' is there any truth in this? Cause I sometimes hear they exist and from my own understanding, I think they are people who died prematurely, but goes to start life afresh in another City, usually where they're not known

Please let scholars come in !!
Re: Opinions From Knowledgeable Persons Only by Bluezy13(m): 10:42am On Sep 27, 2020
(1) Reincarnation is real biblically.

(a) Elijah Reincarnated:"But I tell you, Elijah has come, and they have done to him everything they wished, just as it is written about him."
(Mark 9:13)

"For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come." (Matt 11:13-14)

"But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him…" Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist.
(Matt 17:12-13)

And it's not as if Elijah just came down from heaven and appeared as a herald for Jesus: his spirit and power manifested in a little baby, born in the normal way - just how reincarnation says souls return. Some Christians say this only shows John the Baptist was a prophet like Elijah, with a similar spirit and power. They are contradicting Jesus, however, who quite clearly, in the above passages, says John the Baptist is Elijah, and is not just like him. This could, of course, be a special case of reincarnation, and by itself it doesn't prove that everybody reincarnates. For what it is worth, though, Jesus' brother James makes a point of Elijah not being a special case, when he says,

Elijah was a man just like us. (James 5:7)

And, as I have shown, this is not the only evidence for reincarnation in the Bible, and the other passages do not refer to special cases, but are universal in their nature. That it was quite usual to believe in reincarnation in Jesus' day is shown by this passage from John:

(b) Case of The Man Born Blind:
As he went along he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" (John 9:1-2)

If the man was being punished for his own sin, and he was born blind, his sin must have been from a previous life - obviously Jesus' disciples were familiar with the idea of reincarnation, and it was quite acceptable to talk about it. In this case, Jesus' disciples assumed a belief in reincarnation, and Jesus did not correct the assumption, even though he went on to shift the focus away from who was to blame for the man's blindness, to how his healing would demonstrate the glory of God.

(b) Job's view and Story of Melchizedek:
Finally, there are these two intriguing statements from the Bible which presume a belief in reincarnation:

Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I shall return there. (Job 1:21)

and,

…when Melchizedek met Abraham, Levi was still in the body of his ancestor. (Hebrews 7:10)

Both of these are very obscure and strange references if you don’t believe in reincarnation. How can a man return to his mother’s womb if not through rebirth into another body? Apparently Job, in Old Testament times, believed in reincarnation. And, apart from reincarnation, how could anyone have ever been in the body of their ancestor? This could just supposedly be taken as an obscure reference to Levi’s “seed” being still back with his line of descent, a number of generations before he was born. With reincarnation, though, it quite literally makes sense: in an earlier incarnation, Levi’s soul was living in the body of one of the ancestors of his current body.

(2) Traditionally, there are common stories about new born babies bearing the resemblance of their grandfathers and great-grandfathers. It is common in the village believes.
Although I can't prove it but I'm positive it is real.
Then about the Yorubas, I am not Yoruba so I can't contribute anything there.
Re: Opinions From Knowledgeable Persons Only by tosyne55(m): 1:38pm On Sep 27, 2020
Thanks u bluezy 13, I think with what you have said here, it is safe to assume that reincarnation is real, as in the case of Elijah, but bros my question here's that so you think a being reincarnated will vividly remember accounts of his own previous life?
Or he won't remember anything....

(1) (Reply)

If you would look into this / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 10/8/2020 / JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY WAY FOR YOUR SALVATION

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.