Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,424 members, 7,881,557 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:46 PM

Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week (1788 Views)

EFCC Quizzes Abba Moro, Ex-interior Minister, Over NIS Recruitment Saga / EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable / Tension In Abia As Gov Tribunal Begins Hearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by Beaf: 12:38am On Mar 02, 2011
[size=14pt]SSS quizzes Tinubu •Tribunal may begin his trial next week[/size]
Wednesday, 02 March 2011

OPERATIVES of the Department of the State Security Service (SSS), on Tuesday, quizzed former governor of Lagos State, Senator Bola Tinubu. According to a high security source, the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) chieftain was reportedly quizzed at the SSS headquarters, otherwise known as Yellow House, Abuja.

Though no official reason was given by the SSS for the questioning, the Nigerian Tribune learnt that it might not be unconnected with Tinubu’s pending case at the Code of Conduct Tribunal, as well as his recent outburst at the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) rally in Ibadan, during which he reportedly called President Goodluck Jonathan a “drunkard.”

It was gathered that Senator Tinubu, who received the SSS invitation on Monday, arrived at its headquarters at exactly 3.15p.m. in Abuja, on Tuesday.

According to our source, he was quizzed over his utterances which the service considered as security “risk” but was later released on self recognisance.

“He (Tinubu) has been making some statements considered unhealthy for peaceful coexistence in recent times. The service deemed it fit to interact with him over such issues,” a source said.

The former governor is also said to have a case file before the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

The Nigerian Tribune learnt that the former governor was left off the hook after the questioning around 4.15p.m.

Efforts to get official confirmation on the questioning of Senator Tinubu from the service were not successful as the telephone lines of SSS spokesperson, Maryln Ogar, an Assistant Director of Public Relations, were defective.

However, a top operative in the service, who wanted anonymity confirmed the questioning, saying it was a normal routine that could be extended to anybody.

Meanwhile, with the swearing in of the new acting chairman of the Code of Conduct Tribunal, Danladi Yakubu Umar on Tuesday, the stage appears set for the commencement of the prosecution of past and present public officers indicted for alleged violation of the asset declaration law.

Nigerian Tribune, on Tuesday, exclusively reported the appointment and swearing-in of Umar by the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Aloysius Katsina-Alu.

The covert swearing in reportedly took place around 10.00 a.m at the Supreme Court, with a handful staff of the Code of Conduct Tribunal present.

Code of Conduct Bureau spokesperson, Mrs Idowu Jokpeyibo, confirmed the swearing-in to the Nigerian Tribune, on Tuesday.

It was also gathered on Tuesday night that the Federal Government, through the office of the Attorney-General of the Federation, had almost concluded arrangement for the appointment of two other members that would be sitting on cases with the acting chairman.

The tribunal is a three-member panel, though two members are required to form a quorum.

It was further learnt that the tribunal might start sitting from next week, which would see to the commencement of the trial of Senator Tinubu and others charged before the tribunal by the Code of Conduct Bureau for violation of assets declaration law.

The two members are expected to be appointed and sworn in before the end of the week.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/18268-sss-quizzes-tinubu-tribunal-may-begin-his-trial-next-week
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by EkoIle1: 12:51am On Mar 02, 2011
How many times are you going to post the same silly nonsense?

This your fascination is getting out of hand. Tinubu is a married man and I don't think he's into little swamp boys.
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by Becomrichn: 1:00am On Mar 02, 2011
f
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by volasunkan: 1:21am On Mar 02, 2011
It beats my imagination when I see educated people who should be the repository of modern knowledge display crass ineptitude and intellectual atrophy.What hope do we offer the uneducated man who looks up to us to provide answers to the problems of this civilisation!A group of spoilers sat down and agreed that the best way to bring down Bola Ahmed Tinubu(arguably but unabashedly my political mentor) is to demonise him with so many unsubstantiated atrocious allegation in the hope that the undiscerning would fall for it!They will fail,I have come to the conclusion that
1.These people HATE TINUBU and his political beliefs.
2.These people can not match Tinubu intellectually.
3.These people always fight Tinubu by proxy.
4.These people spend heavily to neutralise him.
5.These people are the political heavyweights.
6.These people will never give up.
7.These people have consistently tried to penetrate his political rank.
8.These people set traps for tinubu all the time.
9.These people wish they have the leadership qualities Tinubu have
10.These people are mostly in the ruling party(PDP)!

YET THESE PEOPLE NEVER SUCCEED.DEFINITELY,WITH THE AMOUNT OF HATRED THEY HAVE FOR TINUBU,IF THEY HAVE A SHRED OF INCONTROVERTIBLE EVIDENCE AGAINST HIM,HE WOULD HAVE BEEN IN JAIL!
I PRAY GOD WILL BLESS,PROTECT AND PROMOTE HIM AND HIS FAMILY IN JESUS NAME(AMEN).ALL HIS ENEMIES SHALL LIVE TO WITNESS THE LORD'S MANIFOLD BLESSINGS ON HIS LIFE AND EVERYONE OF THEM,WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE,GOD WILL REWARD THEM ACCORDING TO THE WORKS OF THEIR HANDS,AS THEY SET FORTH TO DESTROY ANOTHER MAN SO SHALL THEIR NAME BE DESTROYED AS WELL UNLESS THEY CHANGE.
We must stand up and resist these spoilers by demanding for the proof of any allegation they raise against this man Tinubu.We must continue to use our good conscience to question and scrutinise their motif until they provide us with valid proof of all these spurious allegations.GOD BLESS MY COUNTRY NIGERIA!
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by Beaf: 1:55am On Mar 02, 2011
^
lol. He is going to jail.

Why do "progressive" people rush to the defense of a drug adled criminal that is several times worse than Ibori?

It was gathered that Senator Tinubu, who received the SSS invitation on Monday, arrived at its headquarters at exactly 3.15p.m. in Abuja, on Tuesday.

According to our source, he was quizzed over his utterances which the service considered as security “risk” but was later released on self recognisance.

“He (Tinubu) has been making some statements considered unhealthy for peaceful coexistence in recent times. The service deemed it fit to interact with him over such issues,” a source said.

I'm actually beginning to believe the man not only trades drugs, he might use them too:
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by naijaking1: 3:09am On Mar 02, 2011
There should be enough paper trail of Tinubu in the US. These papers should be open to public domain, and maybe easily pulled up by anybody and everybody.
If we all work hard and 8-5pm here, and Tinibu was doing drugs and getting rich quick, then Nigerians ought to know about it. Simple.
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by volasunkan: 3:11am On Mar 02, 2011
I am a proffessional and intellectual with a very brilliant mind that continously engage in soul-searching and intelligent debates.I have been on nairaland long before the campaign to demonize Tinubu began(I am a Staylite cheesy)My parents did not raise me up to be a goon for anyone.my parents and teachers didnt raise me to bring anyone down.my parents taughtt me the fear of God and principle of what you sow you reap.if you dont have facts on anything,let alone,accuse your fellow man,either wait till you get your fact or keep quiet and 'hand over everything to God'.It is only in James bond fiction films tha you shoot first and think later!If you do it in real life,you are on your way to infamy.Kobo is one of the most brilliant minds in nairaland,her standards are robust and reflective,I still hope she gets me the fact of all these allegations.Just imagine,govt waiting for 12yrs to prosecute him for having fictitious 16 foreign accounts!Except,we want to deceive ourselves,the PDP I know wont wait that long to deal a fatal blow to Tinubu!
My bible says 'by their fruit,you shall know them' check the fruits of tinubu and compare it to those of his accusers.The job of an intellectual is to speak the TRUTH!If he fails in this,then his education is a waste!In ancient athens,socrates adviced athenians that they should continously seek new insight and before any visitor be allowed into Athens,he must be asked if he has a new insight into the challenges of human existence.This was hundreds of years ago.If we must develop,we must keep asking questions.It is questions and NOT ANSWERS that create knowledge.Tinubu stands tall,yet all his opponents keep falling.His secret is not sainthood,he sure possess a lot we can learn from to imbibe and/or reject.To agree or not is entirely your choice.I want answers to my questions?Next.
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by volasunkan: 3:15am On Mar 02, 2011
I PRAY GOD WILL BLESS,PROTECT AND PROMOTE HIM AND HIS FAMILY IN JESUS NAME(AMEN).ALL HIS ENEMIES SHALL LIVE TO WITNESS THE LORD'S MANIFOLD BLESSINGS ON HIS LIFE AND EVERYONE OF THEM,WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE,GOD WILL REWARD THEM ACCORDING TO THE WORKS OF THEIR HANDS,AS THEY SET FORTH TO DESTROY ANOTHER MAN SO SHALL THEIR NAME BE DESTROYED AS WELL UNLESS THEY CHANGE.
We must stand up and resist these spoilers by demanding for the proof of any allegation they raise against this man Tinubu.We must continue to use our good conscience to question and scrutinise their motif until they provide us with valid proof of all these spurious allegations.GOD BLESS MY COUNTRY NIGERIA
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by naijaking1: 3:21am On Mar 02, 2011
Religion, religion, religion; I remember someone called it the opium of society angry
If Jonathan did drugs, we ought to know, if Ribadu did, we need to know, and if Tinubu did drugs, please let us know before he voices too much opinion into our society. No preaching, no changing the subject, and no attacking the messanger.
Simple and short.
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by volasunkan: 3:42am On Mar 02, 2011
you tell me.When Karl Max(correct me if I am wrong,pls) wrote ', religion is opium of the people' he was telling the proletariats to question the bourgouise(upper class).If they had exercised their right to question their leaders,as I have exercised mine,he would have thought differently about religion.My bible makes it obligatory for me to seek the truth( for it shall set me free).I never said Tinubu is a saint but dont peddle falsehood about this man!Give me facts!They are flying a kite for politics sake,if tinubu is caught with drugs he is not licensed to dispense,store,produce,sell or prescribed to use,he should be prosecuted!The laws are there and I trust PDP to cash in on that once tinubu does that!But releasing disparaging news to the press almost on daily basis in the thick of politics is suspicious.Tinubu will overcome!
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by naijaking1: 3:49am On Mar 02, 2011
^^^
We're all seeking the truth, my brother.
If someone, no matter how highly placed goes against the law, the law must be enforced.
No sacred cows. So, without politics, Tinubu's case should be fully and professionally investigated. If not guilty, the people should know, but if guilty, he should be meant to face the full extent of the law.
Sacred cows, they say make the juicist and most delicious hamburgers cheesy
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by Beaf: 4:49am On Mar 02, 2011
volasunkan:

We must stand up and resist these spoilers by demanding for the proof of any allegation they raise against this man Tinubu.We must continue to use our good conscience to question and scrutinise their motif until they provide us with valid proof of all these spurious allegations.GOD BLESS MY COUNTRY NIGERIA

Crap.
Jesus certainly didn't make Tinubu a thief, I think you should be accusing one Mr. Lucifer instead. LOL!
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by Nobody: 5:05am On Mar 02, 2011
Though no official reason was given by the SSS for the questioning, the Nigerian Tribune learnt that it might not be unconnected with Tinubu’s pending case at the Code of Conduct Tribunal, as well as his recent outburst at the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) rally in Ibadan, during which he reportedly called President Goodluck Jonathan a “drunkard.”

we can see this for what it is

by their friends you shall know them

lamido all over again . gej , like his advoates and acolytes considers insults as threats to national security . the world is watching. a person who will use the sss to stifle the opposition is another abacha in the making

arresting a person because he insulted you  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

fresh air indeed

unsurprisingly, the political jobbers are defending this brazen abuse of power.

na we do am episode 2

more to the point, what does tinubu's case with the code of conduct tribunal have to do with national security?

or i it that these gej thugs do not have work? they have not resolved any of the bombing issues, but are instead devoting their resources to a case that has nothing to do with the security of this nation

people, for the future of our childen, no to gej.

tomorrow it will be nairaland the sss wil be shutting down for 'threats to national security'.

and some idiots have the gall to run their mouths about buhari

yesterday it was okey ndibe, today tinubu, who will it be tomorrow? soyinka?
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by Beaf: 5:14am On Mar 02, 2011
Mad fool syndrome. lol
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by honeric01(m): 5:30am On Mar 02, 2011
^^^^

Now you're sounding like a bot again, can't you type something else? undecided
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by Beaf: 5:34am On Mar 02, 2011
^
Nah, it was a deliberately targetted killer missile. lol
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by ekubear1: 6:16am On Mar 02, 2011
Sigh. These guys don't learn from history. Looks like history will repeat itself.
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by dayokanu(m): 6:19am On Mar 02, 2011
Was it also a threat to National security when odechukwu called SW leaders rascals?
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by excanny: 6:25am On Mar 02, 2011
I wonder why a paper owned by the Awos is at the forefront in nailing down Tinubu.

Dude must really be a pain in the arse to many in the SW.
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by Nobody: 6:34am On Mar 02, 2011
volasunkan:

It beats my imagination when I see educated people who should be the repository of modern knowledge display crass ineptitude and intellectual atrophy.What hope do we offer the uneducated man who looks up to us to provide answers to the problems of this civilisation!A group of spoilers sat down and agreed that the best way to bring down Bola Ahmed Tinubu(arguably but unabashedly my political mentor) is to demonise him with so many unsubstantiated atrocious allegation in the hope that the undiscerning would fall for it! They will fail,I have come to the conclusion that
1.These people HATE TINUBU and his political beliefs.
2.These people can not match Tinubu intellectually.
3.These people always fight Tinubu by proxy.
4.These people spend heavily to neutralise him.
5.These people are the political heavyweights.
6.These people will never give up.
7.These people have consistently tried to penetrate his political rank.
8.These people set traps for tinubu all the time.
9.These people wish they have the leadership qualities Tinubu have
10.These people are mostly in the ruling party(PDP)!

YET THESE PEOPLE NEVER SUCCEED.DEFINITELY,WITH THE AMOUNT OF HATRED THEY HAVE FOR TINUBU,IF THEY HAVE A SHRED OF INCONTROVERTIBLE EVIDENCE AGAINST HIM,HE WOULD HAVE BEEN IN JAIL!
We must stand up and resist these spoilers by demanding for the proof of any allegation they raise against this man Tinubu.We must continue to use our good conscience to question and scrutinise their motif until they provide us with valid proof of all these spurious allegations.GOD BLESS MY COUNTRY NIGERIA!
The pdp sees ACN as a major threat in the coming elections and that is why it is out to bring him down by all means.If pdp can feel threatened by ACN,then it means the long-awaited change is coming !
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by EkoIle1: 6:39am On Mar 02, 2011
lol @ He's a pain to many in the SW, but he's snatching back all the pdp controlled SW states,

Olodo,
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by homerac7: 6:42am On Mar 02, 2011
Ds has much political handwriting all over it. Same act of tyranny OBJ unleashed against Tinubu dt caused political backlash for PDP in southwest. GEJ is poorly informed to b towing same unwise path again. D people of SW may not b in total agreement wt one of their own, Tinubu, bt sacrificing him to an outcast, PDP, is something dey wont stand for.

I urge GEJ to speed up time n tempo of ds villification and see d SW block vote certainly go to opposition. Though, not dt he has it bt it may just seal PDP's fate across d political board. If he is wise, he should know dt ds is bad timing for such highly sentimental prosecution.
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by dayokanu(m): 6:43am On Mar 02, 2011
How can you expect an ode and mumu to understand that?
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by Nobody: 6:45am On Mar 02, 2011
excanny:

I wonder why a paper owned by the Awos is at the forefront in nailing down Tinubu.

Dude must really be a pain in the arse to many in the SW.
Go away with your foolishness.Was it Tribune that invited him to Abuja for interrogation ? Is tribune now pdp ?
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by EkoIle1: 6:47am On Mar 02, 2011
I really want him to go ahead with his d/umb move, it's good for Tinubu and the SW in general,
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by EkoIle1: 6:48am On Mar 02, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Go away with your foolishness.Was it Tribune that invited him to Abuja for interrogation ? Is tribune now pdp ?

Dude is a certified olodo,
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by Kilode1: 6:48am On Mar 02, 2011
Did Tinubu threaten GEJ?

I don't even understand why we need the SSS. SSS is another creation of IBB's 8 year misrule that the civilian idi.ots ruling since 1999 lack the balls to scrap. Must we photocopy and abuse everything they do in America? That oppressive security gang should be scrapped IMO.

So it's now a "security risk" for a politician to mock the president of his country? In a democracy? Are we sane at all?

And somebody said this guy is fresh and humble?  shocked
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by EkoIle1: 6:51am On Mar 02, 2011
Fresh and humble ke? The mumu is a million times worse than Yaradua,
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by Beaf: 6:56am On Mar 02, 2011
What is the spelling of "PANIC!"
Tinubu broke the most important law of nature, ever miscalculate in a highstakes game! grin grin grin grin grin

He thought he was gonna be a little Ciroma, but just watch how really quiet and well behaved the druge adled vulture is gonna be now! lol
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by Nobody: 7:04am On Mar 02, 2011
Kilode?!:

Did Tinubu threaten GEJ?

I don't even understand why we need the SSS. SSS is another creation of IBB's 8 year misrule that the civilian idi.ots ruling since 1999 lack the balls to scrap. Must we photocopy and abuse everything they do in America? That oppressive security gang should be scrapped IMO.

So it's now a "security risk" for a politician to mock the president of his country? In a democracy? Are we sane at all?

[s]And somebody said this guy is fresh and humble?[/s]  shocked

If the bolded above happens to be a threat to national security,what about this one below ?
dayokanu:

Was it also a threat to National security when odechukwu called SW leaders rascals?
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by Kilode1: 7:18am On Mar 02, 2011
^^GEJ is above the law, he has presidential m.u.m.u.n.i.t.y  cheesy

EDIT
Re: Sss Quizzes Tinubu • Tribunal Begins Trial Next Week by anonimi: 7:23am On Mar 02, 2011
Democracy dividends CANNOT be obtained through ACN - Autocrats Congress of Nigeria- old men imposing their wives, kids, in-laws, relations and maybe even househelps on their party members. angry angry angry
Progress CANNOT come from ACN- Alliance for Corruption in Nigeria with Tinubu as their leader and Achike Udenwa as frontliner. shocked shocked shocked
Shine your eyes, identify, scrutinise, select and mobilise support for your national and state assembly legislator candidates on individual merit basis NOT on party basis.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gubernatoral Election Results: Live Updates / Happy Birthday Prof. Chinua Achebe @ 80. / Igbos Are Descendants Of The 12 Lost Tribes--bbc News (not)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.