Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,332 members, 7,881,237 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:55 PM

Hoodlums Seized Our Officer’s Gun To Kill Ogun Panel Beater – Customs Explain Al - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hoodlums Seized Our Officer’s Gun To Kill Ogun Panel Beater – Customs Explain Al (664 Views)

Young Girl Takes A Gun To School To Shoot Teacher Who Asked Her To Get A Haircut / Augustine Ogbeche: Hoodlums Kill Ogun DCO, Steal Arms, DPO Missing / Panel Beater Steals His Sister's And Brother's Wife's Pants In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hoodlums Seized Our Officer’s Gun To Kill Ogun Panel Beater – Customs Explain Al by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 28, 2020
Hoodlums seized our officer’s gun to kill Ogun panel beater – Customs explain alleged extra judicial killing

The Ogun State Command of the Nigerian Customs Service has reacted to the death of Idowu Moses, who was reportedly killed by a stray bullet fired by some of its officers on Saturday.

DAILY POST reports that Moses, a panel beater, was hit by the bullet in his head at Oja Odan, Yewa North Local Government Area of Ogun State; he eventually died on Sunday.

Residents of Oja Odan have blamed the men of the Nigerian Customs Service for the ugly incident, accusing them of shooting sporadically for no just cause.

Reacting in a statement on Monday, the NCS, through its Spokesperson, Hammed Oloyede, told DAILY POST that its men from Zone B, Ogun I Command, intercepted 18 bags of foreign rice from some suspected smugglers along Oja-odan, Egua axis.

He said the officers also seized a motorcycle left behind by one of the suspected smugglers, who absconded after sighting its officers.

Oloyede stated that the said rice and the motorcycle were evacuated inside the official patrol van and the team left the spot of the arrest.

“On their way out, our Officers were ambushed and attacked by a mob, armed with dangerous weapons including dane guns, bottles, stones and charms, which were used to launch a vicious attack on our Officers and Men.

“One Officer, an Assistant Superintendent of Customs II, AK USMAN was abducted along with his rifle by the hoodlums. The team immediately
called for reinforcements of both Customs and other security agencies for assistance in restoring law and order.

“The reinforcements were timely as the Police contingent were able to rescue the abducted officer in a bush path. Upon his rescue by the Police, the abducted officer was found to have been beaten to stupor. The magazine of his rifle loaded with 19 rounds of ammunition was found empty of the ammunition and was damaged.

“This is an indication that the hoodlums fired his rifle which could have led to the death of the victim, given that the hoodlums are untrained in
the handling of such weapons,” the statement read.

While expressing regrets over Moses’ death, Oloyede insisted that the victim must have been shot by the suspected hoodlums.

He said, “Nigeria Customs Service noted with regret the death of one Mr Idowu Moses said to have been hit by a stray bullet suspected to have
been fired by one of the hoodlums using the firearm of the abducted officer. This explains why the rifle was returned without a single ammunition"

He added that “investigation is ongoing and the outcome shall be made public.”

DAILY POST reports that cases of extrajudicial killings involving the NCS have become a source of worry to residents of border communities in the Yewa axis of Ogun State.

Re: Hoodlums Seized Our Officer’s Gun To Kill Ogun Panel Beater – Customs Explain Al by IKBARUTEN11(m): 6:28pm On Sep 28, 2020
This country is nw making jokes out of 200mil plus human life.

We are in a mess

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hoodlums Seized Our Officer’s Gun To Kill Ogun Panel Beater – Customs Explain Al by foxxydude: 6:30pm On Sep 28, 2020
grin
Re: Hoodlums Seized Our Officer’s Gun To Kill Ogun Panel Beater – Customs Explain Al by thesicilian: 6:31pm On Sep 28, 2020
This one has no shame at all. Hoodlums seized your gun to kill someone? It is more manly to just own up to the truth that you misfired.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hoodlums Seized Our Officer’s Gun To Kill Ogun Panel Beater – Customs Explain Al by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 28, 2020
IKBARUTEN11:

We are in a mess
Re: Hoodlums Seized Our Officer’s Gun To Kill Ogun Panel Beater – Customs Explain Al by longetivity(m): 6:35pm On Sep 28, 2020
modafokas
Re: Hoodlums Seized Our Officer’s Gun To Kill Ogun Panel Beater – Customs Explain Al by Karlovich: 6:36pm On Sep 28, 2020
Foolish customs, so when your members murder someone you turn around and blame another citizen for it. This same thing happened when your member shot and killed someone a few years ago because of #5000
Re: Hoodlums Seized Our Officer’s Gun To Kill Ogun Panel Beater – Customs Explain Al by Kriss216: 6:40pm On Sep 28, 2020
No be same country snake swallowed 36million

1 Like

Re: Hoodlums Seized Our Officer’s Gun To Kill Ogun Panel Beater – Customs Explain Al by Dantedasz(m): 6:44pm On Sep 28, 2020
While not condoning or supporting smuggling,I am afraid this is the most imbecilic excuse of a public relations explanation I have ever read in my life.

The hoodlums/smugglers abducted your officer and collected his gun but did not use the gun to kill the abducted officer but on the contrary choose to use the gun to kill an innocent bystander Panel beater??
Nigeria we hail thee!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hoodlums Seized Our Officer’s Gun To Kill Ogun Panel Beater – Customs Explain Al by domino4211(m): 6:47pm On Sep 28, 2020
I'm not surprised .. Nothing is impossible in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Hoodlums Seized Our Officer’s Gun To Kill Ogun Panel Beater – Customs Explain Al by Simplyleo: 6:53pm On Sep 28, 2020
I still don't understand how the customs end up holding guns.

Guns are for the forces such as the armed forces and Nigerian police force.

Nigerian Customs Service, Nigerian Prison Service and Nigerian Immigration Service are all services but they all carry guns. undecided
Re: Hoodlums Seized Our Officer’s Gun To Kill Ogun Panel Beater – Customs Explain Al by Dantedasz(m): 7:03pm On Sep 28, 2020
Simplyleo:
I still don't understand how the customs end up holding guns.

Guns are for the forces such as the armed forces and Nigerian police force.

Nigerian Customs Service, Nigerian Prison Service and Nigerian Immigration Service are all services but they all carry guns. undecided

Customs, Prisions and Immigration have the same power as the Police and are backed to carry arms by appropriate laws and acts of parliament. You need to goggle these things.
Re: Hoodlums Seized Our Officer’s Gun To Kill Ogun Panel Beater – Customs Explain Al by Simplyleo: 7:06pm On Sep 28, 2020
Dantedasz:

Customs, Prisions and Immigration have the same power as the Police and are backed to carry arms by appropriate laws and acts of parliament. You need to goggle these things.
The question is, how comes they started holding guns. Of course i know their possession of guns is backed up by law. But they are not forces.

My query is towards the law that allows them, not the legality of it.

Meanwhile, there is nothing like one organisation has power like the other. All organisations have their statutory duties, nothing like this has power like the other. Because by implication, what you are saying is some organisations don't have powers like the police.
Re: Hoodlums Seized Our Officer’s Gun To Kill Ogun Panel Beater – Customs Explain Al by Dantedasz(m): 7:20pm On Sep 28, 2020
Simplyleo:

The question is, how comes they started holding guns. Of course i know their possession of guns is backed up by law. But they are not forces.

My query is towards the law that allows them, not the legality of it.

Meanwhile, there is nothing like one organisation has power like the other. All organisations have their statutory duties, nothing like this has power like the other. Because by implication, what you are saying is some organisations don't have powers like the police.

Section 8 of the customs and excise management act caps 1990 gives the customs the power of the police. You need to read up and educate yourself on Nigeŕian laws.
Customs came into existence in 1891. They are older than a lot of Forces in Nigeria. In fact the British colonial Royal Niger Company used them to collect revenue for her Majesties colonial government and they have been carrying arms from time immemorial.
Like I said you need to read up on Nigerian history and educate yourself. This is not to condone the killing of the innocent panel beater guy!

See link below and check section 8.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://customs.gov.ng/%3Fpage_id%3D3107&ved=2ahUKEwi337_ovIzsAhUWiFwKHYTVCOkQFjAAegQIDRAC&usg=AOvVaw1wrpHB2sa2_RvXozVELxam
Re: Hoodlums Seized Our Officer’s Gun To Kill Ogun Panel Beater – Customs Explain Al by Ahamefuna0001(m): 7:43pm On Sep 28, 2020
k
Re: Hoodlums Seized Our Officer’s Gun To Kill Ogun Panel Beater – Customs Explain Al by judetov2(m): 10:08pm On Sep 28, 2020
a trained armed personnel will say an unarmed civilian who is not trained snatch his gun.... u think say na everybody mumu like u to believe that stupid story?
Re: Hoodlums Seized Our Officer’s Gun To Kill Ogun Panel Beater – Customs Explain Al by austine4real(m): 10:40pm On Sep 28, 2020
Lies

Lies

Lies

How can an officer be dispossessed of his riffle and used the same gun to kill a bystander
Re: Hoodlums Seized Our Officer’s Gun To Kill Ogun Panel Beater – Customs Explain Al by prince2pac(m): 3:06am On Sep 29, 2020
IKBARUTEN11:

We are in a mess

We are in big shit men

Re: Hoodlums Seized Our Officer’s Gun To Kill Ogun Panel Beater – Customs Explain Al by alhajidembele: 3:47am On Sep 29, 2020
This is cork & bull story. Don't believe everything you hear - People lie all the time - I am writing from my personal experience. Nobody is safe in this country again; This could have happened to anybody... even your brothers, fathers, uncles. The solution is to pray for the country or migrate to any of the Second World Countries in africa: Ethiopia, Rwanda, Uganda, Kenya, Ghana, Côte d'Ivoire Gabon, Mozambique, Angola and South Africa
Re: Hoodlums Seized Our Officer’s Gun To Kill Ogun Panel Beater – Customs Explain Al by oz4real83(m): 5:14am On Sep 29, 2020
The "hoodlums" had conflict with customs officials for intercepting their "smuggled" goods. They didn't kill the customs official they abducted, but took his gun to kill an innocent man that they have no problem with, and handed back the gun to the customs official . This story looks like a poorly written nollywood script, I throw such nollywood movies made from such poorly written scripts into the trashcan just like I am doing now to this customs story. When will our security officials start using body cameras?

(1) (Reply)

Video Of Edo Jail Break Shot 6 Years Ago / #endsars: Orile Police Station Attacked By Hoodlums And Set On Fire / Prince Obieze, A Nigerian Businessman Allegedly Dies In Dubai Police Care

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.