Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,545 members, 7,901,604 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:24 PM

3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages (70753 Views)

Leke Adeboye Celebrates His Parents, Shades People With Broken Marriages / Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres / Chris Okotie And Tom Sampson: 2 Nigerian Pastors Who Own Rolls-Royce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by Louisboy22(m): 7:51pm On Sep 29, 2020
U mean all this pastor didn't seek God before marrying their wife because i had some people saying if u want to get married u pray to God to show you if she is the right woman for you
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by Sermwell(m): 7:51pm On Sep 29, 2020
Kamdil:
Pastor Chris marriage was never about adultery, and no where did Anita mention adultery as her reason for divorce. She only said 'unreasonable behaviour' and not adultery.
It's either you are a pastor worshiper or a stupid liar. I went through the whole content of the divorce paper and adultery took at least three four paragraphs.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by inumidun2010(m): 7:51pm On Sep 29, 2020
tsagir:
IDIOT
Bro Calm down.... This is hate statement .... He wrote nothing wrong...

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 29, 2020
Kriss216:
Obviously, love and prayers doesn’t keep marriage, forget what Righteousness89 is going to tell you.

IMO, marriage should be contractual. The couple can decide to elongate the marriage at the expiration of each contract. They can decide to quit if they are not compatible during the existing contract.

Life is too short to be doing “for better for worse” over something that’s draining you.

I should forget what Righteousness89 is going to say and listen to You? Who are you in the body Christ? What knowledge of the scriptures do you have ? Who trained you and who trained your teacher ? Who have you been listening to and what have you been listening to ? Are they the words of Christ? The words of Jesus are they ordinary to you?

4 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by LegalOpinion: 7:53pm On Sep 29, 2020
Racoon:

I always wonder what happens to this scriptures whenever divorce sets in.Does it means the God Lord does not really favour some marriages? Biblical scholars please more insight.

God has no hand in any marriage. It is purely a human affairs. Things like God told me she is my wife or God showed me my husband are all lies.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by InvertedHammer: 7:55pm On Sep 29, 2020
/
Those airheads and religious zombies mocking Freeze will not see this news. Their gods of men are always infallible.

/
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by donMIG(m): 7:56pm On Sep 29, 2020
God have mercy
But wat r dis ppl teaching us
One said she started first
God have mercy on me I'm not judging ur annointed servants but if they fall like this how me wei like nyash go do?
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by LegalOpinion: 7:57pm On Sep 29, 2020
Louisboy22:
U mean all this pastor didn't seek God before marrying their wife because i had some people saying if u want to get married u pray to God to show you if she is the right woman for you

All of the above are lies. God is never involved in the choice of a couple. It's purely a human affairs.
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 29, 2020
And mumu people go to these pastors for marriage counseling abi?

Practice what you preach
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by eenai(m): 8:01pm On Sep 29, 2020
And see how beautiful their wives look.
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by BabbanBura(m): 8:01pm On Sep 29, 2020
Kamdil:
Pastor Chris marriage was never about adultery, and no where did Anita mention adultery as her reason for divorce. She only said 'unreasonable behaviour' and not adultery.

See them rushing to defend their Pastors. Should they divorce in the first place? If both of them follow the teachings of the bible strickly and the principles laid than by Prophet Isa (Jesus Christ), divorce won't even come up.

The man left the teachings against adultery and was lashing other ladies and you expect the wife to keep to the teaching of for better for worst? Haba nah! Let her free herself since she no fit play away matches like the Man of God.

Prophetfire take note too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 29, 2020
joshuaidibia:

How you comment on all topics will forever remain a mystery to me. Do you only preach online? Your whole life is on NL.
He's a jobless dimwit. cheesy
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by ikorodureporta: 8:06pm On Sep 29, 2020
So those two chrises never shyne or SS since them divorce,

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by Munzy14(m): 8:06pm On Sep 29, 2020
Righteousness89:

My Brother don't be Deceived by Pastor tag..
Pastor is a Title!
No matter who you are, if you don't follow the laid down Principles of Marriage! You are at a Risk!

That Altar of the Home , don't joke with it.

One will chase a Thousand
Two will Chase Ten Thousand..
yes it is actually a title, but their members see them as Demigod.

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by edoairways: 8:08pm On Sep 29, 2020
OkuFaba:
what happened to those vows
"FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE "

"IN SICKNESS AND IN HEALTH "

"FOR RICHER AND POORER"

They drag people to vow these but can't keep to it
These vows are unscriptural to start with, they are manmade vows. The bible doesn't celebrate such wedding
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by Righteousness89(m): 8:10pm On Sep 29, 2020
Munzy14:

yes it is actually a title, but their members see them as Demigod.

Brother Speak for yourself! Leave others!
Respect for a Pastor is not demigoding..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by edoairways: 8:10pm On Sep 29, 2020
BabbanBura:

See them rushing to defend their Pastors. Should they divorce in the first place? If both of them follow the teachings of the bible strickly and the principles laid than by Prophet Isa (Jesus Christ), divorce won't even come up.

The man left the teachings against adultery and was lashing other ladies and you expect the wife to keep to the teaching of for better for worst? Haba nah! Let her free herself since she no fit play away matches like the Man of God.

Jesus Christ never taught marriage Mr. Marriage was the least of things he taught throughout his stay on earth.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by edoairways: 8:11pm On Sep 29, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/
Those airheads and religious zombies mocking Freeze will not see this news. Their gods of men are always infallible.

/
Freeze is as guilty as those pastors

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by PlainSight(m): 8:12pm On Sep 29, 2020
Kriss216:
Obviously, love and prayers doesn’t keep marriage, forget what Righteousness89 is going to tell you.

IMO, marriage should be contractual. The couple can decide to elongate the marriage at the expiration of each contract. They can decide to quit if they are not compatible during the existing contract.

Life is too short to be doing “for better for worse” over something that’s draining you.
if your papa and mama bin use this format u dey give,u no for dey here dey type this cr@p

3 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 29, 2020
Kamdil:
Define unreachable behaviour
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by Joweey(m): 8:16pm On Sep 29, 2020
Unity in the family is very fundamental for the society, organizations and the nation at large. once this (unity) is missing many things can go wrong not only the marriage divorcing even the nation will be in jeopardy.

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by psalmistkakah(m): 8:20pm On Sep 29, 2020
Racoon:

I always wonder what happens to this scriptures whenever divorce sets in.Does it means the God Lord does not really favour some marriages? Biblical scholars please more insight.
That scripture works cos 90% couples are happy with partners...

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by nemynely(m): 8:21pm On Sep 29, 2020
Please what is the essence of this post.
I think op is up to some mischief.
I also think op belongs to the other side who can't stand the honest criticism of their post, yet delight in dipping their nose where it doesn't belong.
Yet some docile, naive and insensitive Christians will open their mouths and join in casting aspersions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by Munzy14(m): 8:23pm On Sep 29, 2020
Righteousness89:

Brother Speak for yourself! Leave others!
Respect for a Pastor is not demigoding..
cheesy You are becoming defensive.... well let me go sha, u be upcoming pastor before u unleash your attacks..

Even though I said the obvious truth.

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by prophetfire: 8:23pm On Sep 29, 2020
BabbanBura:

. Are you an adult in the first place? I ask because you write like a kid. I am not a member of Oyakhilome's church. I am stating the fact. It is evil for you to accuse a man of what he never did. You think it's a joke for you to come to a public space and accuse someone's father of adultery? You feel you are doing it to get likes but don't cry if tomorrow someone accuses you falsely.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by asanwafo: 8:24pm On Sep 29, 2020
prophetfire:
. Mr.man or are you woman, Pst. Chris Oyakhilome's marriage did not crash because of adultery. The wife never accused him of adultery. It was media fools that were insinuating adultery. It was about issues relating to their disagreement on Church administration and power issues of which the woman felt she was not being treated the way she ought to as the Oga's wife. So she felt humiliated and took a walk.
Any time pastor christ is mentioned, this man will defend him. Is this man ur father? How did u manage to know all these? Were u in the habit of eavesdropping whenever this man is conversing with his wife?

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by ednut1(m): 8:26pm On Sep 29, 2020
Yet those fools tell you prayers solve every thing in life. Commit your marriage into Gods hands.
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by asanwafo: 8:27pm On Sep 29, 2020
prekumohtim:

I should forget what Righteousness89 is going to say and listen to You? Who are you in the body Christ? What knowledge of the scriptures do you have ? Who trained you and who trained your teacher ? Who have you been listening to and what have you been listening to ? Are they the words of Christ? The words of Jesus are they ordinary to you?
As if u even know Christ for real.
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by prophetfire: 8:28pm On Sep 29, 2020
asanwafo:
Any time pastor christ is mentioned, this man will defend him. Is this man ur father? How did u manage to know all these? Were u in the habit of eavesdropping whenever this man is conversing with his wife?
. You are too ignorant and feel that everyone should be ignorant and infantile like you? I say what I know and how I get my information is none of your business but I wonder what you guys gain by coming to the media to spread lies about people in order to catch cruise with dumb folks. What do you gain by running people down with lies?

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by Adurabledamsel(f): 8:29pm On Sep 29, 2020
I don't think been a good wife has anything to do with love, we have mistaken love for emotion and feelings and that is very far from love. Love is a constant,continuous, deliberate choice you make to forgive, protect and provide on the part of the man, and to forgive,support, submit and care for on the part of the woman and it has to be unconditional. God will never chose your spouse, it's you that will then take it to God to bless, God will not build your home, the responsibility rest on your both, whatever your home will be like is by the choice you make. Husbands are told to love their wives just has Christ loves the church and we all know His love is unconditional and the wives are to submit to their husbands. The bible didn't put the part of the woman(submission) first cos God knows the way He wired women, their part comes naturally when the man plays his part just as he is instructed. The bottom line is know and understand the true meaning of love and make sure your spouse also knows and understands and you both are ready to work by it.

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by sammysmiles(m): 8:33pm On Sep 29, 2020
Pusyiter:
Is this a research work or what?
Why beam your searchlight only on Pastors?
Your ulterior motives do not add up
Look at the way he even wrote the post... What does he want us to benefit now? He jxt wants to make people people battle with their keyboard with his senseless thread

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages by Easyosafo: 8:35pm On Sep 29, 2020
tiger28:
SHUT UP!!!
You are BECOMING IRRELEVANT..... Should you comment on EVERYTHING?

If brother Righteousness89 chosed to comment a million times a day, how does that became an issue to your life. Is he using your data?

one day some of you will surely give account of your idol statement.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Church, First Baptist Abuja Shared Rice And 10,000 Cash To Ease Lockdown / US Honours Deborah Samuel Killed In Sokoto / Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.