Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,665 members, 7,889,168 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:48 AM

How To Eat Is Sunnah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How To Eat Is Sunnah (637 Views)

Adopting A Gentle Approach When Advising People Is Sunnah / Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? / How We Are To Have Sex With Our Wives In Accordance To Sunnah- Friday Lecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Eat Is Sunnah by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:08am On Sep 30, 2020
Asalam alaekum warahmatulah wabarakahtuhu
Re: How To Eat Is Sunnah by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:09am On Sep 30, 2020
Sunnah is Ibaadah.
Ibaadah is either compulsory or non compulsory.
But both of them are Ibaadah. An act of worship
Re: How To Eat Is Sunnah by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:11am On Sep 30, 2020
Innovation in Islam simply means replacement or deduction or addition TO OR FROM the ways prophet Muhammad worshipped Allah.

Allah said, In Surat Mahidah verse 3..

That Islam is complete... Needs no addition or subtractions nor replacement.

In our aqeedah..

We are made to know by prophet Muhammad that ONLY ALLAH HAS THE RIGHT TO LEGISLATE TO THE DEEN. TO MAKE LAWS INTO THE DEEN..
Re: How To Eat Is Sunnah by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:13am On Sep 30, 2020
What you eat is aadha (culture).. It's not Ibaadah.

If you eat shawarma and I soak gaari..

you don't have reward for you eating sharwarma nor me soaking gaari..

But HOW TO EAT..

Prophet Muhammad explained to us and pointing out it's necessity and fact that there's blessings in it
Re: How To Eat Is Sunnah by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:13am On Sep 30, 2020
Hadith

حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ يَحْيَى، أَخْبَرَنَا أَبُو مُعَاوِيَةَ، عَنْ هِشَامِ بْنِ عُرْوَةَ، عَنْ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ، بْنِ سَعْدٍ عَنِ ابْنِ كَعْبِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، قَالَ كَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَأْكُلُ بِثَلاَثِ أَصَابِعَ وَيَلْعَقُ يَدَهُ قَبْلَ أَنْ يَمْسَحَهَا ‏.‏

Ibn Ka'b b. Malik reported on the authority of his father that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to eat (food) with three fingers and he licked his hand before wiping it (with towel).

Sahih Muslim 2032 b
In-book : Book 36, Hadith 171
USC-MSA web (English) : Book 23, Hadith 5040  (deprecated)
Sahih Muslim
Re: How To Eat Is Sunnah by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:14am On Sep 30, 2020
Hadith

حَدَّثَنَا النُّفَيْلِيُّ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو مُعَاوِيَةَ، عَنْ هِشَامِ بْنِ عُرْوَةَ، عَنْ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنِ سَعْدٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ كَعْبِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم كَانَ يَأْكُلُ بِثَلاَثِ أَصَابِعَ وَلاَ يَمْسَحُ يَدَهُ حَتَّى يَلْعَقَهَا ‏.‏

Ka'b b. Malik said:

The Prophet (ﷺ) used to eat with three fingers and not wipe his before licking it.

Sahih (Al-Albani)

Sunan Abi Dawud 3848
In-book : Book 28, Hadith 113
English translation : Book 27, Hadith 3839
Abu Dawood
Re: How To Eat Is Sunnah by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:15am On Sep 30, 2020
Hadith

وَحَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ نُمَيْرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبِي، حَدَّثَنَا هِشَامٌ، عَنْ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ، بْنِ سَعْدٍ أَنَّ عَبْدَ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنَ كَعْبِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ، - أَوْ عَبْدَ اللَّهِ بْنَ كَعْبٍ - أَخْبَرَهُ عَنْ أَبِيهِ، كَعْبٍ أَنَّهُ حَدَّثَهُمْ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم كَانَ يَأْكُلُ بِثَلاَثِ أَصَابِعَ فَإِذَا فَرَغَ لَعِقَهَا ‏.‏

Abdullah b. Ka'b reported that his father Ka'b narrated to him that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) used to eat with three fingers and when he had finished (eating), he licked them.

Sahih Muslim 2032 c
In-book : Book 36, Hadith 172
USC-MSA web (English) : Book 23, Hadith 5041  (deprecated)
Sahih Muslim
Re: How To Eat Is Sunnah by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:15am On Sep 30, 2020
Hadith

وَحَدَّثَنِي مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ حَاتِمٍ، وَأَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ نَافِعٍ الْعَبْدِيُّ قَالاَ حَدَّثَنَا بَهْزٌ، حَدَّثَنَا حَمَّادُ، بْنُ سَلَمَةَ حَدَّثَنَا ثَابِتٌ، عَنْ أَنَسٍ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم كَانَ إِذَا أَكَلَ طَعَامًا لَعِقَ أَصَابِعَهُ الثَّلاَثَ ‏.‏ قَالَ وَقَالَ ‏‏ إِذَا سَقَطَتْ لُقْمَةُ أَحَدِكُمْ فَلْيُمِطْ عَنْهَا الأَذَى وَلْيَأْكُلْهَا وَلاَ يَدَعْهَا لِلشَّيْطَانِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ وَأَمَرَنَا أَنْ نَسْلُتَ الْقَصْعَةَ قَالَ ‏"‏ فَإِنَّكُمْ لاَ تَدْرُونَ فِي أَىِّ طَعَامِكُمُ الْبَرَكَةُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏"

Anas reported that when Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) ate food he licked his three fingers, and he said:

When any one of you drops a mouthful he should remove anything filthy from it and then eat it, and should not leave it for the Satan. He also commanded us that we should wipe the dish saying: You do not know in what portion of your food the blessing lies.

Sahih Muslim 2034
In-book : Book 36, Hadith 180
USC-MSA web (English) : Book 23, Hadith 5049  (deprecated)
Sahih Muslim
Re: How To Eat Is Sunnah by AntiChristian: 8:34am On Sep 30, 2020
Come and eat rice Sa'eed.

Na spoon I dey use eat am sha.

Using spoon to eat no be bid'a in my own manhaj.

Only Jabata and his students will call you kafir for eating with spoon.
Re: How To Eat Is Sunnah by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:26am On Oct 01, 2020
AntiChristian:
Come and eat rice Sa'eed.
Na spoon I dey use eat am sha.
Using spoon to eat no be bid'a in my own manhaj.

if using spoon is not BID'AH...ERI E DA.. SHOW US YOUR DALIL
Re: How To Eat Is Sunnah by true2god: 8:29am On Oct 01, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

Eating with spool is bidah but drinking camel urine is sunnah. Islam is a religion for the....(fill in the gap).

1 Like

Re: How To Eat Is Sunnah by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:33am On Oct 01, 2020
true2god:
Eating with spool is bidah but drinking camel urine is sunnah. Islam is a religion for the....(fill in the gap).

Eating with spoon is bidah.. because it's against Islam teachings

drinking camel urine is cure to diseases
Re: How To Eat Is Sunnah by AntiChristian: 10:08am On Oct 01, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

You created the thread. Bring your daleel that using spoon is an innovation.

And differentiate how using spoon is different from riding cars, using microphones, using soaps etc.
Re: How To Eat Is Sunnah by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:46am On Oct 01, 2020
AntiChristian:

You created the thread. Bring your daleel that using spoon is an innovation.

And differentiate how using spoon is different from riding cars, using microphones, using soaps etc.

the hadith I posted is my dalil..

The same reason using tesuba and counters to do adkar is the same reason eating with spoon is bidah..

any aadha that is against ibaadah is BID'AH..

ibaadah is for you to eat with 3 fingers..

using spoon to replace ibaadah is shrik..
Re: How To Eat Is Sunnah by AntiChristian: 10:57am On Oct 01, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

the hadith I posted is my dalil..

The same reason using tesuba and counters to do adkar is the same reason eating with spoon is bidah..

any aadha that is against ibaadah is BID'AH..

ibaadah is for you to eat with 3 fingers..

using spoon to replace ibaadah is shrik..

Show proofs that riding cars, using microphones, using soap to wash is not bid'a?
Re: How To Eat Is Sunnah by NeoWanZaeed(m): 11:10am On Oct 01, 2020
AntiChristian:

Show proofs that riding cars, using microphones, using soap to wash is not bid'a?

laughing..

so you don't even understand what BID'AH is..

This is hilarious..

well, I would explain to you..

Innovation is of 2 types..
1. Wordly Innovation
2. Innovation into the deen.

wordly Innovation has to do with everything Human created.

Deen Innovation has to do with someone adding or removing or replacing THE LEGISLATION OF ALLAH ON HOW TO WORSHIP HIM (IBAADAH)

EATING WITH 3 FINGERS IS IBAADAH (WAAJIB)
USING RIGHT HANDS TO DO ADKHAR IS IBAADAH (WAAJIB)
CHEWING SIWAK BEFORE ABLUTION TO EVERY SALAH IS IBAADAH (MUSTAHAB)
AQIQAH - NAME YOUR KID, KILL RAM (S) FOR HIM OR HER (MUSTAHAB)

REPLACING THE 3 FINGERS WITH SPOON IS BID'AH
REPLACING THE RIGHT HANDS WITH ANOTHER THING IS BID'AH
REPLACING THE SIWAK WITH TOOTHBRUSH IS BID'AH
AQIQAH- INVITING PEOPLE TO COME EAT IS BIDAH, INVITING ALFAS TO DO LECTURE THAT DAY IS BID'AH

understood?
Re: How To Eat Is Sunnah by AntiChristian: 11:18am On Oct 01, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

laughing..

so you don't even understand what BID'AH is..

This is hilarious..

well, I would explain to you..

Innovation is of 2 types..
1. Wordly Innovation
2. Innovation into the deen.

wordly Innovation has to do with everything Human created.

Deen Innovation has to do with someone adding or removing or replacing THE LEGISLATION OF ALLAH ON HOW TO WORSHIP HIM (IBAADAH)

EATING WITH 3 FINGERS IS IBAADAH (WAAJIB)
USING RIGHT HANDS TO DO ADKHAR IS IBAADAH (WAAJIB)
CHEWING SIWAK BEFORE ABLUTION TO EVERY SALAH IS IBAADAH (MUSTAHAB)
AQIQAH - NAME YOUR KID, KILL RAM (S) FOR HIM OR HER (MUSTAHAB)

REPLACING THE 3 FINGERS WITH SPOON IS BID'AH
REPLACING THE RIGHT HANDS WITH ANOTHER THING IS BID'AH
REPLACING THE SIWAK WITH TOOTHBRUSH IS BID'AH
AQIQAH- INVITING PEOPLE TO COME EAT IS BIDAH, INVITING ALFAS TO DO LECTURE THAT DAY IS BID'AH

understood?

Who told you I don't know these before.
So spoon is not a technological innovation right?

Waoh! Jabata students no fit change o
Re: How To Eat Is Sunnah by NeoWanZaeed(m): 11:26am On Oct 01, 2020
AntiChristian:

Who told you I don't know these before. So spoon is not a technological innovation right?
Waoh! Jabata students no fit change o
ain't spoon same innovation as tesuba and other counting methods?
Re: How To Eat Is Sunnah by advocatejare(m): 11:26am On Oct 01, 2020
AntiChristian:

This one doesn't not seem to know his Hadith well. Muhammad has told you not to use silver utensils, you're disobeying him. He's going to burn you in hell

"Narrated By Al-Bara' bin 'Azib
The Prophet ordered us to do seven (things) and forbade us from seven. He ordered us to visit the patients, to follow the funeral procession, to reply to the sneezer (i.e., say to him, 'Yarhamuka-l-lah (May Allah bestow His Mercy upon you), if he says 'Al-hamdulillah'

(Praise be to Allah), to help others to fulfil their oaths, to help the oppressed, to greet (whomever one should meet), and to accept the invitation (to a wedding banquet). He forbade us to wear golden rings, to use silver utensils, to use Mayathir (cushions of silk stuffed with cotton and placed under the rider on the saddle), the Qasiyya (linen clothes containing silk brought from an Egyptian town), the Istibraq (thick silk) and the Dibaj (another kind of silk). (See Hadith No. 539 and 753).
- Sahih Bukhari 7:62:104

And we can't say Muhammad didnt know what he was saying, Allah has already said you should obey Muhammad.

"Say, Obey Allah and the Messenger. But if they turn away - then indeed, Allah does not like the disbelievers."
(QS. Aal-i-Imraan 3: Verse 32)
Re: How To Eat Is Sunnah by AntiChristian: 11:30am On Oct 01, 2020
advocatejare:

This one doesn't not seem to know his Hadith well. Muhammad has told you not to use silver utensils, you're disobeying him. He's going to burn you in hell

"Narrated By Al-Bara' bin 'Azib
The Prophet ordered us to do seven (things) and forbade us from seven. He ordered us to visit the patients, to follow the funeral procession, to reply to the sneezer (i.e., say to him, 'Yarhamuka-l-lah (May Allah bestow His Mercy upon you), if he says 'Al-hamdulillah'

(Praise be to Allah), to help others to fulfil their oaths, to help the oppressed, to greet (whomever one should meet), and to accept the invitation (to a wedding banquet). He forbade us to wear golden rings, to use silver utensils, to use Mayathir (cushions of silk stuffed with cotton and placed under the rider on the saddle), the Qasiyya (linen clothes containing silk brought from an Egyptian town), the Istibraq (thick silk) and the Dibaj (another kind of silk). (See Hadith No. 539 and 753).
- Sahih Bukhari 7:62:104

And we can't say Muhammad didnt know what he was saying, Allah has already said you should obey Muhammad.

"Say, Obey Allah and the Messenger. But if they turn away - then indeed, Allah does not like the disbelievers."
(QS. Aal-i-Imraan 3: Verse 32)

Sebi you are around forty something or fifty? Silver utensils daa?

Spoons are usually not made with silver anymore!

Silver utensils is forbidden...

1 Like

Re: How To Eat Is Sunnah by AntiChristian: 11:33am On Oct 01, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

ain't spoon same innovation as tesuba and other counting methods?

Na spoon be the topic. Oya bring athar from Sheikh Abd-Wahab or Inn Taymiyyah or Al-Madkhali on eating with spoon.
Re: How To Eat Is Sunnah by NeoWanZaeed(m): 11:36am On Oct 01, 2020
AntiChristian:

Na spoon be the topic. Oya bring athar from Sheikh Abd-Wahab or Inn Taymiyyah or Al-Madkhali on eating with spoon.

i gave you hadith
I explained..

you still looking for alfa..

is it Alfa that was sent to you or Qur'an and Hadith..

Sujud to greet that has no Alfa that call it sin or divide it gan.. you dey do it..

swerve Mr man...

agbako keferi ni e
Re: How To Eat Is Sunnah by advocatejare(m): 11:40am On Oct 01, 2020
AntiChristian:

Sebi you are around forty something or fifty? Silver utensils daa?

Spoons are usually not made with silver anymore!

Silver utensils is forbidden...

Except you wan to be using plastic spoons to eat, most metallic spoons have silver as their constituents.
Re: How To Eat Is Sunnah by AntiChristian: 11:45am On Oct 01, 2020
advocatejare:

Except you wan to be using plastic spoons to eat, most metallic spoons have silver as their constituents.

Spoons are made of stainless steel an alloy of Fe and other metal. D

Iro yin ti poju o!

Quoting Hadith out of point.
See ya life outside!

1 Like

Re: How To Eat Is Sunnah by advocatejare(m): 12:02pm On Oct 01, 2020
AntiChristian:

Silver only no dey grin

Iron yin ti poju o

Before you display your ignorance online, a trip to Google would have helped you

Re: How To Eat Is Sunnah by AntiChristian: 12:06pm On Oct 01, 2020
advocatejare:

Before you display your ignorance online, a trip to Google would have helped you

Is this the spoons you use at home?

Do you even know how much silver cost and those spoons?

Na stainless steel spoons we dey use!
Re: How To Eat Is Sunnah by advocatejare(m): 12:10pm On Oct 01, 2020
AntiChristian:

Is this the spoons you use at home?

Do you even know how much silver cost and those spoons?

Na stainless steel spoons we dey use!

Now you're changing your words. First you said silver spoons are no longer available, now you're saying they are expensive.

Do you think everyone is as poor and wretched like you?
Re: How To Eat Is Sunnah by AntiChristian: 12:19pm On Oct 01, 2020
advocatejare:

Now you're changing your words. First you said silver spoons are no longer available, now you're saying they are expensive.

Do you think everyone is as poor and wretched like you?

How much is the spoon you use at home per 1 rich man?
Re: How To Eat Is Sunnah by advocatejare(m): 12:29pm On Oct 01, 2020
AntiChristian:

How much is the spoon you use at home per 1 rich man?

That's none of your business.

Or do you want to come and rob me and steal my spoons grin
Re: How To Eat Is Sunnah by NeoWanZaeed(m): 1:28pm On Oct 01, 2020
advocatejare:

That's none of your business.
Or do you want to come and rob me and steal my spoons grin
laughing

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Fight / Company In Singapore Launches "Air Travel Prayer Time Calculator" / Real Persecution Of Muslims In The West (not Fake Persecutionv By Lagoshia)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.