Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,887 members, 7,872,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:12 AM

Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! (35777 Views)

Should I Tell My Director That I Am Being cheated after discovering this? / JAMB Rejects Apology Of Timipade Kemepade, Candidate Who Cheated 21 Years Ago / FUTMINNA Graduating Student Wears "Cheated In Every Exam" T-shirt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by peterantai(m): 7:29am On Oct 01, 2020
Zimri:
"Am I being cheated?"

That's the appropriate thing

Find a professional. That's cheating of the highest order how much profit do you want to make with all those cost of production.

Find real professionals

2 Likes

Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by odizeey(m): 7:41am On Oct 01, 2020
merieam16:
There is no single rule to english language. The way he used it in the sentence is correct, what u wrote here too is correct so that just it
LMFAO. This one's rule is strong. It is Am not I'm.

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by ForestHill: 8:00am On Oct 01, 2020
merieam16:
There is no single rule to english language. The way he used it in the sentence is correct, what u wrote here too is correct so that just it
I can't date nor marry a mediocre like you

6 Likes

Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by merieam16(f): 8:08am On Oct 01, 2020
merieam16:
Lolzz, i didnt even see that part.I was pointing out sumthing else buh d guy should av told me it was d heading he was refering to.
ForestHill:
Did u see this part or u people just like quoting people without facing the help op needs
Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 01, 2020
ArewaOduduwaBia:

I too know, u see ur life?

What?
Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by whirlwind7(m): 8:30am On Oct 01, 2020
Kriss216:

Stop disgracing your lineage on a public forum!

Bring your lineage that eventually wasted resources to have you educated till this point so I can let them know you turned out to be a waste.

You just received a schooling from me free of charge. The least you could do is to acknowledge it, accept the correction, and promise yourself you will diligently study your primary school books up till basic 12, then hope you can finally pass common entrance without cheating.

Do yourself a favor and buzz off. If you are actually in the mood to be used as a wet wipe for a disease ridden ass, then come back for it.
I will indulge you. I promise.

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 01, 2020
Sermwell:

I'm not in Lagos. I stay in Benin. please I really want to know if you paid for formatting. They asked me to pay 3k each for formatting the work. Did you make any such payment??

Oh.. you're not in Lagos? I see.

I'm not the publisher. I'm talking about the publisher I use his books because I'm a phonics and diction instructor. I market his books to my schools and he gives me at the rates I mentioned above. So what I'm saying is if it's that expensive to print, he won't be able to give me at that rate.

When you say formatting, do you mean the objects and pictures? That would be like arranging the pics on the pages for you but if you already have it well arranged in the your soft copy, that should be a scam as all they need to do is print out. I wouldn't know if they charge him for formatting ( except they are the ones inserting the pics for him) but even if they do, it should be cheap.
Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by crackhouse(m): 8:40am On Oct 01, 2020
merieam16:
Is it nt correct ni or u mean d " i'm" is too much
it's not correct. The guy is a bad writer.

6 Likes

Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by Kriss216: 9:01am On Oct 01, 2020
[s]
whirlwind7:

Bring your lineage that eventually wasted resources to have you educated till this point so I can let them know you turned out to be a waste.

You just received a schooling from me free of charge. The least you could do is to acknowledge it, accept the correction, and promise yourself you will diligently study your primary school books up till basic 12, then hope you can finally pass common entrance without cheating.

Do yourself a favor and buzz off. If you are actually in the mood to be used as a wet wipe for a disease ridden ass, then come back for it.
[/s]

10 Likes

Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 01, 2020
Brachaa:

What?
Ur behaviour.
Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 01, 2020
ArewaOduduwaBia:

Ur behaviour.

Did you not read the explanation I gave? Besides I wasn't the only one who didn't know the guy was referring to the caption.
Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 01, 2020
Brachaa:

Did you not read the explanation? Besides I wasn't the only one who didn't know the guy was referring to the caption.

But it was noticed by the first person ( first 'correcter') and discussed and u still went ahead to point out same thing. Anyway don't take it too serious. Happy Independence Day.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by kingPhidel(m): 9:24am On Oct 01, 2020
This " I'm I '' title no be here o. U come post am for Education section again. Nawa o

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 01, 2020
ArewaOduduwaBia:

But it was noticed by the first person ( first 'correcter') and discussed and u still went ahead to point out same thing. Anyway just teasing you. Happy Independence Day.

Lol..grin grin funnily enough I didn't know it's been corrected before cos I didn't get to that part before quoting the guy.

Happy independence dear.cheesy
Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by stanvesco(m): 10:02am On Oct 01, 2020
Sermwell:
I intend publishing some books on basic phonics for nursery and primary pupils. I had already typed the and visited someone on my street for arranging the work before printing.
I was asked to pay 3k to format each work before any other thing. The charges are as follows:

1. formatting 3k each
2. back cover 1k each
3. ISBN no. 7k each
4. printing #400 each. About 70 pages

I'm printing 6 different books but I have a strong feeling that I'm being cheated as I don't have any experience regarding how much these things cost. please I need to know if I'm being cheated. Please help me out. Thank you.

cc: seun
cc: lalasticlala

How many books overall sir...
Do you have the money to spend?
Or you are on cost reduction goals?

How many books overall ?
I can show you how to get some of these tins free oh.... But if you have the money spend it ....

Chat me on whatsapp 08063152970.... ( Don't start chatting me as if I owe you anything or any explanation oh... Like some nairalanders do)
Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by SammieRexx(m): 10:03am On Oct 01, 2020
This is exactly the reason why we are at this level @60. The essence of communication is to pass information effectively and be understood. I am sure most of you above arguing whether it's "I'm or am" understood her perfectly well...to profer solution?......NO!...we are concerned about grammar and how we were educated.
Na wetin mek the political elites dey carry us play.....give us something to argue and fight ourselves over while leaving the major issues on ground unattended.
Hope dey for us sha....the sooner we come back to our senses the better
As for OP...Sorry I don't have single knowledge about publishing and so can't help you for now.

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by stanvesco(m): 10:08am On Oct 01, 2020
Sermwell:
I intend publishing some books on basic phonics for nursery and primary pupils. I had already typed the and visited someone on my street for arranging the work before printing.
I was asked to pay 3k to format each work before any other thing. The charges are as follows:

1. formatting 3k each
2. back cover 1k each
3. ISBN no. 7k each
4. printing #400 each. About 70 pages

I'm printing 6 different books but I have a strong feeling that I'm being cheated as I don't have any experience regarding how much these things cost. please I need to know if I'm being cheated. Please help me out. Thank you.

cc: seun
cc: lalasticlala

Preferably you can put a call across ... I totally understand how you feel right now.... I can assist you in not just printing but getting the best quality at the fairest rate....
Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by missimelda01(f): 10:33am On Oct 01, 2020
Kriss216:
Hope you gave someone the books for review? This one I’m seeing “I’m” instead of “Am”.

Someone finally said it grin

2 Likes

Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by strangest(m): 11:30am On Oct 01, 2020
comedy thread... op why don't you try other shop around you, run your research on the field, compare prices
Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by Chanchit: 12:19pm On Oct 01, 2020
Sermwell:

I'm not in Lagos. I stay in Benin. please I really want to know if you paid for formatting. They asked me to pay 3k each for formatting the work. Did you make any such payment??

Had it been you are in Lagos, I would have helped out. Depending on the quantity. I would print everything, excluding ISBN which I can also get for you at a way lower price. You can still send me an email anyway. It's possible, since people print from China, Lagos is not that far.
Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by Emescot(m): 12:38pm On Oct 01, 2020
whirlwind7:

Jeez! Does this mean you did not notice the blunder in Topic while scrolling through?

3 Likes

Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 01, 2020
Make una leave wetin Dem write for motor, enter motor Biko.

Help op with a cheaper printing press in Benin. That cost is so outrageously high for only a few copies.
Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by femi4: 12:52pm On Oct 01, 2020
Sermwell:

You left the help I requested for and delve into something else! please profer help if you have any.
Be humble and correct your grammar.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by stanvesco(m): 1:09pm On Oct 01, 2020
Brachaa:
Make una leave wetin Dem write for motor, enter motor Biko.

Help op with a cheaper printing press in Benin. That cost is so outrageously high for only a few copies.

The truth is the fewer the copies the more the cost per copy!
And it's rare to see a printer that would just help out...
Imagine if a printer out of pity prints at a "kuku thief the book rate", only to discover at the end that dia is an typo error with the back cover?
Who would fund the reprint?

Or if dia is an error with the size of the book?

Anyway... When he is ready he can reach out to me and I would assist him as a first time self-publisher.
Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 01, 2020
stanvesco:

The truth is the fewer the copies the more the cost per copy!
And it's rare to see a printer that would just help out...
Imagine if a printer out of pity prints at a "kuku thief the book rate", only to discover at the end that dia is an typo error with the back cover?
Who would fund the reprint?

Or if dia is an error with the size of the book?

Anyway... When he is ready he can reach out to me and I would assist him as a first time self-publisher.

I know the fewer the more the cost but not at that rate.

The printer prolly sensed it's his first time and maybe he's the only one in that location.

Why would there be any error in the write-up.? That's why you'll have someone proof-read it before printing. About size, you'll first make samples now. Besides he'll have given you specifications of what he wants. So if there's any error, the printer will have to bear the cost.

The guy should check other printing press to campare prices.
Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 01, 2020
Kriss216:
Hope you gave someone the books for review? This one I’m seeing “I’m” instead of “Am”.
Professor, What Is Wrong Abt His English? His English Is Correct. I'm Is An Abbrevation Of I Am.
Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by Kriss216: 2:39pm On Oct 01, 2020
Truvel:
Professor, What Is Wrong Abt His English? His English Is Correct. I'm Is An Abbrevation Of I Am.

7 Likes

Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 01, 2020
[quote author=Kriss216 post=94503588][/quote] Ok, I Av Seen D Mistake. He Must Av Typed D Words Hurriedly.
Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by Kriss216: 3:03pm On Oct 01, 2020
Truvel:
Ok, I Av Seen D Mistake. He Must Av Typed D Words Hurriedly.
I demand an apology. Lol

5 Likes

Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 01, 2020
Kriss216:
I demand an apology. Lol
No Vex Jor.
Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by damiloladuke: 6:02pm On Oct 02, 2020
hmmm
Re: Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!! by stagger: 6:03pm On Oct 02, 2020
DaInferno:
I'm is alternate for I am, so it being in this statement don't add up,have never seen such combo before

the headline gave me head ache to read

Honestly, I shudder to think of how this book will turn out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Regret Going To The University / Man Calls Out Teacher Who Always Flogs, Vows Never To Forgive Him / Jambites Drop Your Reg Number Amd Lets Check Where U Have Been Posted To.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.