Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,907 members, 7,872,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:48 AM

Buhari Justifies Pump Price Increments In His Independence Day Broadcast - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Justifies Pump Price Increments In His Independence Day Broadcast (373 Views)

Throwback Video BBC Interview:Buhari Justifies Killing Freedom of Speech / 20 Lies From General Buhari’s Independence Day Broadcast, By Reno Omokri / The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Buhari Justifies Pump Price Increments In His Independence Day Broadcast by BleedingPen: 8:28am On Oct 01, 2020
“It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia” - Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday said it makes no sense for petrol to be cheaper in Nigeria than in Saudi Arabia.

The president stated this in his Independence Day broadcast on national television, to commemorate Nigeria at 60.

In the address monitored by Igbere TV, Buhari insisted that his administration is doing the best with scarce resources.

His words: “Petroleum prices in Nigeria are to be adjusted. We sell now at N161 per litre.”

“A comparison with our neighbours will illustrate the point;

A. Chad which is an oil producing country charges N362 per litre

B. Niger, also an oil producing country sells 1 litre at N346.

C. Ghana, another oil producing country, petroleum pump price is N326 per litre.

“Further afield, Egypt charges N211 per litre. Saudi Arabia charges N168 per litre. It makes no sense for oil to be cheaper in Nigeria than in Saudi Arabia.”

Igbere TV reports that President Buhari is expected at the Eagle Square, Abuja today for the ceremonial Independence day parade.

https://igberetvnews.com/1366651/makes-sense-oil-cheaper-nigeria-saudi-arabia-buhari/

Re: Buhari Justifies Pump Price Increments In His Independence Day Broadcast by BleedingPen: 8:28am On Oct 01, 2020
B
Re: Buhari Justifies Pump Price Increments In His Independence Day Broadcast by Enudapan: 8:32am On Oct 01, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated
Re: Buhari Justifies Pump Price Increments In His Independence Day Broadcast by ThreeEyedRaven: 8:35am On Oct 01, 2020
But it makes sense for Saudi to have a better health system than Nigeria. It makes sense for you guys to run to Saudi for medical trips.

It doesn't makes sense to copy Ghana's stable power supply?

You can copy their pump price but won't copy their developmental strides

I dunno why Nigeria is now being compared to Niger and Chad Republic cry

When you find excuses for doing all the wrong you do angry

1 Like

Re: Buhari Justifies Pump Price Increments In His Independence Day Broadcast by coolcharm(m): 8:49am On Oct 01, 2020
What a stupid submission.

Oya, let's compare minimum wage in Saudi Arabia to Nigeria.

Let's compare standard of living in Saudi Arabia to Nigeria.

Let's compare the stupidity of their leaders to ours as well.

Abeg, make I carry my self enter farm go cultivate wetin me and my family go chop. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Buhari Justifies Pump Price Increments In His Independence Day Broadcast by Mynd44: 9:21am On Oct 01, 2020

(1)

Ondo 2020: PDP Cries Foul, Rejects OAU VC As Inec’s Returning Officer / My Opinion : Why Lauretta Onuoche Was Appointed / Imam Tawhidi: "Buhari Is The Biggest Criminal In Africa.end SARS Now"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.