Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,222 members, 7,907,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 08:22 AM

A Biafran Story - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Biafran Story (218 Views)

An Honest Explanation Of The Nigerian Civil War | The Biafran Story / The Biafran Story: True Explanation Of The Nigerian Civil War (VIDEO) / Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Biafran Story by AttorneyTee(m): 4:55pm On Oct 01, 2020
The beautiful Enugu state was the state I was posted to for my law school and as part of the Curriculum in the law school we were posted to a law firm so as to gain practical experience of things we were being taught in school. I was posted to Onyi Akpangbo and associates, a firm in Enugu city for my chambers attachment.

One of my trips to the law firm coincided with the Biafra day, I saw how shops were closed and radio presenters were extolling the virtues of Ojukwu and Nnamdi Kanu, comparing them to Moses and Joshua in the Bible.

Upon getting to the law firm, I asked my principal what he thinks about the Biafra war and Nnamdi Kanu’s clamor for secession. To my surprise, he told me that he actually participated actively in the Biafra war and decided to share his experience with me.

He told me that his parent gave birth to three male children and he was the last born. That at the beginning of the war his brothers were enlisted in the Baifran Army however due to the fact that he was the last born and very young at the time , his mum insisted that he would not join the Baifran Army. He said fighting in the war back then was a thing of pride and he didn’t want to be seen as a coward. So he strategized a way of joining the Army, and the strategy was for him to enter the Army truck coming to carrying people forcefully enlisted into the Baifran Army.

He successfully executed the plan and joined the army without the knowledge and approval of his mother or elder brothers. He was one of the best during Army recruit training, having this zest and readiness for war. He was posted to the war frontline, and during the war he had to share a gun with someone. He will shoot and then hand the gun over to the person he was sharing with, to try his luck on killing at least “one Nigerian soldier”. It was a traumatic experience and after the first few days he was already low on morale, coupled with the fact that they were basically scavenging for food.

His proudest moment while participating in the war was when they killed over 20 soldiers of the Nigerian Army and made them retreat, he and the other soldiers got a handshake from Ojukwu and praises on the radio. However, because his brothers were holding top positions in the army they were able to do an extensive search and found him. He was immediately taken back to his mum.
As he regaled me with the woes of the war, he brought out a Biafran shilling and British shilling, and said that this was the means of exchange during the war.

He ended on the note that Igbos clamoring for violent secession were not born during the war and that nobody who fully participated in the war will want a reoccurrence. He further enjoined the Igbos to focus more on developing their region, that way they won’t depend on the Federal government for anything.

Re: A Biafran Story by IamWonderful: 5:00pm On Oct 01, 2020
Nice reminisce and lesson
Re: A Biafran Story by Uchek(m): 7:22pm On Oct 01, 2020
Trash!

AttorneyTee:
The beautiful Enugu state was the state I was posted to for my law school and as part of the Curriculum in the law school we were posted to a law firm so as to gain practical experience of things we were being taught in school. I was posted to Onyi Akpangbo and associates, a firm in Enugu city for my chambers attachment.

One of my trips to the law firm coincided with the Biafra day, I saw how shops were closed and radio presenters were extolling the virtues of Ojukwu and Nnamdi Kanu, comparing them to Moses and Joshua in the Bible.

Upon getting to the law firm, I asked my principal what he thinks about the Biafra war and Nnamdi Kanu’s clamor for secession. To my surprise, he told me that he actually participated actively in the Biafra war and decided to share his experience with me.

He told me that his parent gave birth to three male children and he was the last born. That at the beginning of the war his brothers were enlisted in the Baifran Army however due to the fact that he was the last born and very young at the time , his mum insisted that he would not join the Baifran Army. He said fighting in the war back then was a thing of pride and he didn’t want to be seen as a coward. So he strategized a way of joining the Army, and the strategy was for him to enter the Army truck coming to carrying people forcefully enlisted into the Baifran Army.

He successfully executed the plan and joined the army without the knowledge and approval of his mother or elder brothers. He was one of the best during Army recruit training, having this zest and readiness for war. He was posted to the war frontline, and during the war he had to share a gun with someone. He will shoot and then hand the gun over to the person he was sharing with, to try his luck on killing at least “one Nigerian soldier”. It was a traumatic experience and after the first few days he was already low on morale, coupled with the fact that they were basically scavenging for food.

His proudest moment while participating in the war was when they killed over 20 soldiers of the Nigerian Army and made them retreat, he and the other soldiers got a handshake from Ojukwu and praises on the radio. However, because his brothers were holding top positions in the army they were able to do an extensive search and found him. He was immediately taken back to his mum.
As he regaled me with the woes of the war, he brought out a Biafran shilling and British shilling, and said that this was the means of exchange during the war.

He ended on the note that Igbos clamoring for violent secession were not born during the war and that nobody who fully participated in the war will want a reoccurrence. He further enjoined the Igbos to focus more on developing their region, that way they won’t depend on the Federal government for anything.

(1) (Reply)

President Donald Trump And First Lady Melania Trump Test Positive For Covid-19 / Public Interest Lawyers Writes AGF, Wants Prosecution Of Journalist, Ahmad Salki / Boko Haram: Zulum Asks Army To Invade Insurgents Hideouts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.