Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,976 members, 7,925,034 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 09:06 AM

I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari ! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari ! (4684 Views)

I'll Expose How Elite Conspired To Ruin Nigeria: Buhari / Okorocha Embarks On Economic Mission To Vietnam And Other Asian Countries - PICS / No Room For Full Sharia Implementation In Nigeria – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari ! by Nobody: 7:24am On Mar 04, 2011
mcgboye:

Well, going by his anteceDEnts, I learnt he's very thorough and strict, but with a poor human rights record.

I still dont know who I'll vote as the president. However, what I do know is I WILL NOT vote for GEJ. I am simply not ready for another 4 years of inactivity. There seems to be too many people who have vested interest in him becoming president that he cannot but do their bidding.
It is also an insult on the educated Nigerians like me for someone to advise me to vote for GEJ because "he is divinely ordained to be the president". WHY? Because of the Deputy Gov - Acting Gov - Governor -Vice President - Acting President - President gimmick. What Cheap!

As for the PDP, I find it grossly annoying that a party that has ruled me for 12years without solving our most basic economic problem, Power supply, is now asking for another 4 years to solve it. Are we really naive in this part of the world Havent we given this party enough chance to right the wrong, only to be repeatedly failed. Will magic will happen in 4 years that could not happened in 12 years. Let us at least give another party a chance. Especially if another person seems to have a clearer idea on how to solve our mire of problems.

"A mad man is someone that does the same thing the same way every time and expects to get different result".

Last week I made a decision to vote another candidate (apart from PDP) for the presidency and PDP for the governorship in Lagos if their candidate can convince me. Well, yesterday I had the chance to hear him (Dosumu) speak. But i was greatly disappointed. He simply doesnt have it. which, sadly, is a reflection of the PDP accross most of the states: shocking lack of know-how! So i'm going for BRF once again. As for the presidency, I a wait the presidential campaign,  minus GEJ.
Na just to tell us u no go vote for GEJ na him be this long tory,I beg millions are waiting to vote for him,so spare us this sermon
Re: I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari ! by honeric01(m): 7:46am On Mar 04, 2011
^^^^^

When were you born? undecided
Re: I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari ! by mcgboye(m): 7:53am On Mar 04, 2011
Ozin
I'm sorry if bored u with my "sermon", and nowhere did I say you should or should not vote GEJ. It's ur human right to vote whoever u like, however, phoney the reason is. But humor me, what do u think GEJ (read: PDP) has done to solve any of our problesms?
Re: I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari ! by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 04, 2011
Yeneks:

Really?!?! Wow, impressive!! We need to resurrect Abacha to campaign for the next elections. All those talking about experience, please give me a break! Most of the leaders we've had our old men who ruled at least twice in different eras! Please with all their experience, how great is the country now?!? Don't even use PDP as an excuse because that's just Bull! Nigeria does not need the likes of Buhari that could not effect a change before and think they can now. We need new people with different ideas. Right now, Johnathan and Ribadu are the best candidates. In my opinion, Ribadu is not ready, i'll definitely vote for him in the next 4 years and Johnathan would have just been great if he did not belong to PDP because unfortunately, that party is nothing zto write home about, but Buhari, Never! Nigeria would not progress if we keep recycling these great grandfathers!

i think you have to look at your nigerian history books again. The year of Buhari was the last peak in Nigeria's life. I don't think you realize as things were consistently getting better under Buhari, it was IBB that overthrew him and brought in the SAP that finally crippled our economy. I am not saying Buhari is a saint or that he is perfect but just look objectively at history do not make the amateur and lazy mistake of grouping all military uniforms together. Ghana's Jerry Rawlings did pretty much the same thing as a military coupist of a 'corrupt' civilian regime and look how fast and well the country is developing now, till today he is still a NATIONALLY revered icon even after ordering the execution of numerous prominent corrupt ghanaians.
Re: I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari ! by Beaf: 7:57am On Mar 04, 2011
Re: I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari ! by honeric01(m): 8:08am On Mar 04, 2011
Changi

Re: I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari ! by Vinazo: 8:38am On Mar 04, 2011
Which man has the capacity to rule his fellow man?
Somebody pls tell me.
Man's effort at ruling his fellow man had failed and continued to fail from the days of king Nebuchadnezar, than to Adolf Hitler and Presently Ghadafi.
Even men with sincere hearts have failed because of those around them. There is obviously an unseen force that controls man's activity expecially in his effort to rule his fellow man. So no matter who, he/she can not eradicate poverty totally, can not remove death, not to talk of sickness that has ravaged the entire world, so why dont we look for a "super human", out of this world.
Pls tell me which human world ruler has not failed? there is no peace any where in the world, what a pity for man and all who FEEL CONCERNED. Lets take a decision collectively world over. ASK ME WHAT DECISION?
Re: I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari ! by ObamaUS: 10:09am On Mar 04, 2011
For us to keep doing what we always do and expect a different result is one of the definitions of INSANITY.
PDP has ruled us for 12years and yet,nothing to show for it except DARKNESS{NEPA},Corruption,unemployment,health collapse,educational breakdown etc.
WE NEED TO VOTE FOR A CHANGE, BB ALL THE WAY.
Re: I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari ! by AjanleKoko: 11:15am On Mar 04, 2011
Buhari might have good intentions, but he's definitely not gonna win this election.
If he plans to, he's definitely not going about it the right way.

Nigerian politicians spend too much time horse-trading and joining issues on the pages of newspapers. My issue with him is, this dude has contested elections twice. If he was really serious about becoming president, he should have been building up his campaign strategy since the 2007 elections, like Obama did. Now he's got a largey ad-hoc campaign with lots of good intentions, no money, no structures, no plan to tackle the incumbents, in a country where the voter demographic is largely poor and illiterate. The people who will vote won't be reading newspapers!

He should have started his work from the current elected officials who have some sort of power base, trying to sway a few with the same ideological bent his way. He should have been reaching out to the ACs and APGAs of this world while the PDP incumbents were busy looting and generally earning themselves a worse rep. Creating grassroots appeal, networking at every level, using all the word-of-mouth tools that's available to them. It seems to me that not much has been done, and somehow the opposition once again allowed themselves to be led by PDP down the beaten path. To oust PDP today will require a long distance marathon, not a sprint.

I understand he's got following in the North, but the South is not going to buy that. Looking at things from the viewpoint of competition, incumbency aside, PDP seem to be doing things right. They're visible, campaigning aggressively, lobbying overtly and covertly, at local and international levels, and even tried to portray their own process transparently. Apart from a few speeches and well-placed arguments, what has the BB campaign team actually done to reach out to the people at the grassroots? I heard that prior to the 2008 US elections, the Dems mobilized aggressively to get the lower end of the demographic to come out and vote. Jonathan's campaign TVCs even seem to be appealing to Nigerians more than anything the opposition has done. I think they have surely lost this one. I'll still vote for them o, but they definitely won't win.
Re: I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari ! by omoaba2011: 11:32am On Mar 04, 2011
We have no chance of
becoming great if we continue to maintain an education system whereby
only 20-percent of candidates pass SSCE/GCE examinations.
We are building more and more universities yet the present ones are
inadequately funded to undertake learning, teaching and research.
Mediocrity multiplied only produces mass mediocrity.

HOW TRUE.
Re: I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari ! by AHMAD143: 12:02pm On Mar 04, 2011
Major General Muhammad Buhari is the right person to vote for April election
Re: I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari ! by 9ijaMan: 12:10pm On Mar 04, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Buhari might have good intentions, but he's definitely not gonna win this election.

Nigerian politicians spend too much time horse-trading and joining issues on the pages of newspapers. My issue with him is, this dude has contested elections twice. If he was really serious about becoming president, he should have been building up his campaign strategy since the 2007 elections, like Obama did. Now he's got a largey ad-hoc campaign with lots of good intentions, no money, no structures, no plan to tackle the incumbents, in a country where the voter demographic is largely poor and illiterate. The people who will vote won't be reading newspapers!

He should have started his work from the current elected officials who have some sort of power base, trying to sway a few with the same ideological bent his way. He should have been reaching out to the ACs and APGAs of this world while the PDP incumbents were busy looting and generally earning themselves a worse rep. Creating grassroots appeal, networking at every level, using all the word-of-mouth tools that's available to them. It seems to me that not much has been done, and somehow the opposition once again allowed themselves to be led by PDP down the beaten path. To oust PDP today will require a long distance marathon, not a sprint.

I understand he's got following in the North, but the South is not going to buy that. Looking at things from the viewpoint of competition, incumbency aside, PDP seem to be doing things right. They're visible, campaigning aggressively, lobbying overtly and covertly, at local and international levels, and even tried to portray their own process transparently. Apart from a few speeches and well-placed arguments, what has the BB campaign team actually done to reach out to the people at the grassroots? I heard that prior to the 2008 US elections, the Dems mobilized aggressively to get the lower end of the demographic to come out and vote. Jonathan's campaign TVCs even seem to be appealing to Nigerians more than anything the opposition has done. I think they have surely lost this one. I'll still vote for them o, but they definitely won't win.

Thanks for the long lecture. If you believe in the change we all are craving for you need not engage in posting epistles but proffer solutions on how to defeat the monsters in PDP. Buhari's popularity stems from the respect people have for him despite limited resources.

The question you should be asking is: what has all the money spent by GEJ/PDP on publicity brought to them? PDP was not even able to muster 5,000 supporters in for the GEJ campaign at TBS.

VOTE BB 2011.
Re: I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari ! by Ibomade1: 12:16pm On Mar 04, 2011
April is round the corner. Vote right cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari ! by AjanleKoko: 12:23pm On Mar 04, 2011
9ijaMan:

Thanks for the long lecture. If you believe in the change we all are craving for you need not engage in posting epistles but proffer solutions on how to defeat the monsters in PDP. Buhari's popularity stems from the respect people have for him despite limited resources.

The question you should be asking is: what has all the money spent by GEJ/PDP on publicity brought to them? PDP was not even able to muster 5,000 supporters in for the GEJ campaign at TBS.

VOTE BB 2011.

Dude, if you really want your man to win, you should look at the long lecture properly.
Tough talking isn't going to oust PDP. In May you'll all come here to lament once again and abuse the PDP, even though you didn't do your homework properly. Which people have respect for Buhari? Most people don't even know who the heck he is. Or is it only on NL that he will get votes from? Nigerians can be incredibly naive sha.
Re: I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari ! by Yeneks(f): 2:12pm On Mar 04, 2011
Stromae:

i think you have to look at your nigerian history books again. The year of Buhari was the last peak in Nigeria's life. I don't think you realize as things were consistently getting better under Buhari, it was IBB that overthrew him and brought in the SAP that finally crippled our economy. I am not saying Buhari is a saint or that he is perfect but just look objectively at history do not make the amateur and lazy mistake of grouping all military uniforms together. Ghana's Jerry Rawlings did pretty much the same thing as a military coupist of a 'corrupt' civilian regime and look how fast and well the country is developing now, till today he is still a NATIONALLY revered icon even after ordering the execution of numerous prominent corrupt ghanaians.
Thank you but I know all that. Trust me, I'm not grouping all military uniforms together, It's just my personal opinion that we need a change. I feel that what we need is a chance for fresh people with new ideas. I'm a teenager and all the years of my life, we've had presidents who had ruled before and i'm not blind to see that none of them effected a great change. Now that we have a chance of someone new, to propose new ideas, do you blame me for not wanting another ex-president to rule? I know my country's history but i'm tired of history repeating itself. You are entitled to your own opinion and I'm entitled to mine. Thanks again though, smiley
Re: I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari ! by darne(m): 2:45pm On Mar 04, 2011
Ozin:

He is an ordained Politician first when he deliberately change from islam to christianity to ensure he gets set of people he can preach mixed politics with the bible to.He then became a self appointed pastor of his members by destroying the intergrity of other men of God proving to be the most righteous.Now he has gone back to his first love which politics by systematically forming the SNG and now CPC,and by trying to get the support of the Men of God he once destroyed.This Man Bakare lacks intergrity>>>>

And you was his son?? Or how close are you to him, Or maybe where did you get all this info from U was one of his boys I guess right??, GEJ is so ready to kill everybody in nigeria just so that he`ll continue staying in power, I`m not looking for that kind of leader !!!
Re: I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari ! by 9ijaMan: 3:27pm On Mar 04, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Dude, if you really want your man to win, you should look at the long lecture properly.
Tough talking isn't going to oust PDP. In May you'll all come here to lament once again and abuse the PDP, even though you didn't do your homework properly. Which people have respect for Buhari? Most people don't even know who the heck he is. Or is it only on NL that he will get votes from? Nigerians can be incredibly naive sha.

You've just missed my point. Despite my differences with the GEJ cronies on NL or anywhere else, we (Nigerians) agree on the need to stem out corruption from the fabric of our national development. At least this basic fact unites most Nigerians.
Every Nigerian in his/her right state of mind also agrees that PDP is a spent force, and that voting in the same party every time and expecting a different result is a clear sign of insanity.

A better Nigeria is not for me and my kids alone but the for the people of Nigeria. To start moving in the right direction, we need to kick out PDP and the only party with a near probable clout to achieve this common goal of our is the CPC being led by Buhari. Hence, I'll advice every well meaning Nigerian to ensure that they not only vote out GEJ/PDP, but also vote in candidates who have the pedigree to move Nigeria to the path of prosperity.
Re: I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari ! by Nattlil(m): 3:48pm On Mar 04, 2011
Mstcheeeeeew rubbish if u finish nagging u close ur dirty mouth educated my ass. Individual's call the shot and not political parties. Aboki like u. GEJ 2011 unstopable
Re: I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari ! by AjanleKoko: 3:50pm On Mar 04, 2011
9ijaMan:

You've just missed my point. Despite my differences with the GEJ cronies on NL or anywhere else, we (Nigerians) agree on the need to stem out corruption from the fabric of our national development. At least this basic fact unites most Nigerians.
Every Nigerian in his/her right state of mind also agrees that PDP is a spent force, and that voting in the same party every time and expecting a different result is a clear sign of insanity.

A better Nigeria is not for me and my kids alone but the for the people of Nigeria. To start moving in the right direction, we need to kick out PDP and the only party with a near probable clout to achieve this common goal of our is the CPC being led by Buhari. Hence, I'll advice every well meaning Nigerian to ensure that they not only vote out GEJ/PDP, but also vote in candidates who have the pedigree to move Nigeria to the path of prosperity.

This is not about NL argument my friend. What is the reality on ground?
Re: I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari ! by 9ijaMan: 5:17pm On Mar 04, 2011
AjanleKoko:

This is not about NL argument my friend. What is the reality on ground?
The reality on ground is that CPC has succeeded to pull more crowd to their campaigns than PDP.
The reality on ground is that despite the amount of loot available to the PDP and their numerous campaign jingles filling the air, CPC still continues to trounce PDP in terms of followership at campaign grounds.

PDP may have the advantage of incumbency and the extra cash from stolen funds, CPC has the advantage of the people's power. Tunisians and Egyptians took their own destinies into their hand without the luxury of state funds, nor the state funded media yet they were able to bring down the despotic and tyrant leaders who had led them for several decades.

Can we achieve the same feat in Nigeria this coming election? Yes we can and surely we would.
Re: I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari ! by AjanleKoko: 5:24pm On Mar 04, 2011
9ijaMan:

The reality on ground is that CPC has succeeded to pull more crowd to their campaigns than PDP.
The reality on ground is that despite the amount of loot available to the PDP and their numerous campaign jingles filling the air, CPC still continues to trounce PDP in terms of followership at campaign grounds.

I've not seen any CPC campaign in the South of Nigeria.
We'll soon see if this is not some tough talk.
Re: I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari ! by EzeUche2(m): 5:26pm On Mar 04, 2011
CPC campaigns are not in the East. They need to stay in the North where they belong.
Re: I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari ! by seanet02: 5:45pm On Mar 04, 2011
A vote for Ribadu is a vote for Progress, a vote for Ribadu is a vote for Improved Standard of Living, a vote for Ribadu is a vote for Economic Development, a vote for Ribadu is a vote for Positive Transformation, a vote for Ribadu is a vote for Massive Industrialization, a vote for for Ribadu is a vote for The Banishment of Corruption and Looting, a vote for Ribadu is a vote for Agricultural Revolution. Vote Nuhu Ribadu for 2011 Presidential Elections and Get the Real Dividends of Democracy. He is the change we need. Don't vote for looters in disguise, don't vote for Former Dictators that will make life unbearable for Human Right Oriented People. Vote Nuhu Ribadu for President 2011. The time is now, it is Possible. Nuhu Ribadu for sure.

Re: I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari ! by seanet02: 5:59pm On Mar 04, 2011
A vote for Ribadu is a vote for Progress, a vote for Ribadu is a vote for Improved Standard of Living, a vote for Ribadu is a vote for Economic Development, a vote for Ribadu is a vote for Positive Transformation, a vote for Ribadu is a vote for Massive Industrialization, a vote for for Ribadu is a vote for The Banishment of Corruption and Looting, a vote for Ribadu is a vote for Agricultural Revolution. Vote Nuhu Ribadu for 2011 Presidential Elections and Get the Real Dividends of Democracy. He is the change we need. Don't vote for looters in disguise, don't vote for Former Dictators that will make life unbearable for Human Right Oriented People. Vote Nuhu Ribadu for President 2011. The time is now, it is Possible. Nuhu Ribadu for sure.

Re: I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari ! by dellnet: 12:07pm On Mar 05, 2011
@seanet02. We do not need demolition anymore. We need integrity and ability to move Nigeria forward in "present day world" without being a puppet. Ribadu is OBJ's puppet.
Re: I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari ! by lekside44(m): 10:10pm On Mar 05, 2011
AjanleKoko:

all those ones na story for nigerian polities. all these papers wey them dey take dirty the walls of the city, of what value is it in chosen the right candidate. to tell my stories, i was an electoral officer during the 2003 elections. we in my team had ensured that we conduct a free and fare election which we did to the best of our abilities and all was peaceful. all electoral results and documents of my poll we append our signatures and kept a copy for our self in case we had to appear before an electoral tribunal to testify and defend our position. two days after one of the elections, we were summoned to the local govt to clearify the location of the box allocated to my unit. to my surprise, i saw all the ballot papers and documents which we spent hours to conduct and documented been burnt before my very eyes. i bursted into tears for all our so called effort were merely waisting of our bloody time. i saw new documents claimed to have come from my units and names which were strange.
well, i am still waiting for the miracle Jeda wants to performs
Re: I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari ! by 9ijaMan: 10:15pm On Mar 05, 2011
lekside44:

all those ones na story for nigerian polities. all these papers wey them dey take dirty the walls of the city, of what value is it in chosen the right candidate. to tell my stories, i was an electoral officer during the 2003 elections. we in my team had ensured that we conduct a free and fare election which we did to the best of our abilities and all was peaceful. all electoral results and documents of my poll we append our signatures and kept a copy for our self in case we had to appear before an electoral tribunal to testify and defend our position. two days after one of the elections, we were summoned to the local govt to clearify the location of the box allocated to my unit. to my surprise, i saw all the ballot papers and documents which we spent hours to conduct and documented been burnt before my very eyes. i bursted into tears for all our so called effort were merely waisting of our bloody time. i saw new documents claimed to have come from my units and names which were strange.
well, i am still waiting for the miracle Jeda wants to performs

Thanks for shedding more light. The difference between today and 2003 is that Nigerians are at least a lot more informed. Secondly, I hail you for your courage back then. We still need poeple like you to help monitor the elections. You can always post such documents on online forums. Take pictures at pollen centers. Use your phone's camera to record the happenings at the voting booths.

I'mll implore you not to let the 2003 incident deter you. Millions of Nigerians are counting on people like you.
Re: I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari ! by Ayoobscom(m): 2:36pm On Mar 08, 2011
If my dog should vote for PDP i will sterve the Dog till death \burn the dead body into ashes and throw it into Toilet zinc

When will Nigeria See that PDP is a curse on the Destiny of this supposed great Nation? when?

CPC Is the only way out----PDP is a deceit

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Groups Demand Okonjo-iweala’s Sack For N2.7bn Subsidy Fraud / Four Female Suicide Bombers Shot Dead In Borno State By Members Of JTF / Ugwuanyi Inaugurates South East Govs’ Committee On Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.