Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,162 members, 7,890,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:57 AM

Lil’ Kim Video Calls Nicki Minaj A Carbon Copy - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Lil’ Kim Video Calls Nicki Minaj A Carbon Copy (576 Views)

Nicki Minaj, A Virgin? / Lmao Why Didn't Lil Kim Diss Eminem On Black Friday? / Lil Kim Explains Why She Dissed Nicki Minaj As Drake Replies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lil’ Kim Video Calls Nicki Minaj A Carbon Copy by baslone: 10:18am On Mar 03, 2011
The battle of the Barbies continues: Lil’ Kim and her open war on reigning queen
of hip-hop Nicki Minaj has not lost a bit of steam after last week’s release of a video
in which the former Junior M.A.F.I.A. vet continues to discredit the Young Money starlet.

Before she graces the MTV studios Thursday for “RapFix Live,” the Brooklyn rap diva isn’t
slowing down her relentless attacks on Nicki. The 15-minute “Carbon Copy,” called “a documentary
exposé about crazed fans with record deals,” shows some of the many incarnations of Kim’s image
over the course of her 17-year career and how Minaj seemingly borrowed some of the looks as her own.

The 35-year-old Kim claims Minaj has been disrespectful after hearing her say
during a radio interview that veteran female rappers need to move aside. Using
those comments as inspiration, the rapper born Kimberly Jones has taken up a
crusade that has morphed into an entire mixtape project devoted to dismantling the
Nicki Minaj machine. Kim reported that her Black Friday sold 113,000 copies in 28 hours
after she released it February 14, but because she sold it herself using PayPal, there
is no way to confirm that number.

The cover of Black Friday shows Kim, bloody sword in hand, next to a pink-haired severed
head and a dismembered body wearing the same outfit as Nicki on her Pink Friday cover.
Before the mixtape’s release, Kim leaked “Pissin’ On Em” (to the tune of Nicki’s “Did It On Em”),
which accuses Minaj of being a “Lil’ Kim clone.”

And the war of words hasn’t been confined to studio recordings: Kim also took to
airing her grievances in print via a recent interview with Rap-Up. “People gotta know
that I’m not stupid, but I’m having fun. I’m protecting my brand and my empire at this
moment,” she said. She added, “If this situation is deeper than what everybody would
like to think it is, then it will all come to light. I’m a strong believer in how I conducted
my strategy with this whole situation.”

This isn’t Kim’s first foray into the circus of hip-hop beefs. The “Get Money” MC is still in
somewhat of a feud with fellow Brooklyn artist Foxy Brown, who has been largely inactive
aside from a track aimed at Kim released earlier this year. While she hasn’t injected herself
into the squabble between Kim and Nicki, Foxy has openly sided with her Trinidadian
peer Minaj.

http://youngmoney.ca/breaking-news-lil-kim-video-calls-nicki-minaj-a-carbon-copy/

(1) (Reply)

Eldee In New York After Kanye's Tweet / Chocolate City Diaries Webisode 4 - Jesse Jagz Talks About Food / Retta Reconsiders Second Single – Push Back ‘wybm’ For ‘tomorrow’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.