Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,125 members, 7,977,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 11:51 PM

406 Or 407 Peugeot Car,.. Which Is More Reliable And Pocket Friendly - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 406 Or 407 Peugeot Car,.. Which Is More Reliable And Pocket Friendly (7219 Views)

Neatly Used 407 Peugeot 2007 / So Cheap Toks 407 Peugeot 2008 @.1.3m sharp. Is Available Dm Me @07083676583 / Clean Reg 407 Peugeot 2008 Model For Sale. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 406 Or 407 Peugeot Car,.. Which Is More Reliable And Pocket Friendly by NobleEngineer(m): 11:50am On Oct 07, 2020
cluewebhost:

Since it's in Ladipo u can look for a Toks of the same car, pop the bonnet and trace all the wiring.

Start with the engine fuse box and bsi and replace any fuse bridged with copper wire.

Doing this is going to expose all the problems the previous owner refused to solve but if you can get the electrical system back to factory you'd enjoy the car for years ( I had a 307 12 straight years, spent far less on fuel and mechanics than my corolla counterparts, only gave it out a few months back because someone I gave it to for a few months messed it up in the name of repairing).

BSI kit costs about that I changed mine for 60k though before giving out the car.

When electrical issues are fixed, buy a Diagbox scanner & learn how to use it and NEVER let any rewire bypass anything.

If anything goes bad replace it.

1 Like

Re: 406 Or 407 Peugeot Car,.. Which Is More Reliable And Pocket Friendly by munezo(m): 3:02pm On Oct 07, 2020
Thank you so much, I appreciate your response.

cluewebhost:

Since it's in Ladipo u can look for a Toks of the same car, pop the bonnet and trace all the wiring.

Start with the engine fuse box and bsi and replace any fuse bridged with copper wire.

Doing this is going to expose all the problems the previous owner refused to solve but if you can get the electrical system back to factory you'd enjoy the car for years ( I had a 307 12 straight years, spent far less on fuel and mechanics than my corolla counterparts, only gave it out a few months back because someone I gave it to for a few months messed it up in the name of repairing).

BSI kit costs about that I changed mine for 60k though before giving out the car.

When electrical issues are fixed, buy a Diagbox scanner & learn how to use it and NEVER let any rewire bypass anything.

If anything goes bad replace it.
Re: 406 Or 407 Peugeot Car,.. Which Is More Reliable And Pocket Friendly by NnajiCyrux(m): 6:26am On Jun 06, 2021
munezo:
I think you should go for a Peugeot 406 because it is lesser in all regard than a 407.

Wow, Big thanks to you all for these Highlights I got from you..
I'm about buying my first car and I am preparing to go with a Mechanic friend on tuesday to check out one Peugeot 407 at Mabushi as I really admire that car.
May be I'll change mind on that and settle for Camry.. but I would have really love a Peugeot car mainly because of their Strong security.

1 Like

Re: 406 Or 407 Peugeot Car,.. Which Is More Reliable And Pocket Friendly by Samdede1984: 6:44am On Jun 06, 2021
406 or 407 might ruin down your business. Peugeot generally are endless money pit. U don't need those craps my brother. They are the most useless cars on the surface of the earth. How many do u see on the road today?
Re: 406 Or 407 Peugeot Car,.. Which Is More Reliable And Pocket Friendly by Samdede1984: 6:49am On Jun 06, 2021
Stay away from any Peugeot if u don't want to borrow money to eat. I can lost count on friends who have cross that road. It's a useless car ooo.
NnajiCyrux:

I'm about buying my first car and I am preparing to go with a Mechanic friend on tuesday to check out one Peugeot 407 at Mabushi as I really admire that car.
May be I'll change mind on that and settle for Camry.. but I would have really love a Peugeot car mainly because of their Strong security.
Re: 406 Or 407 Peugeot Car,.. Which Is More Reliable And Pocket Friendly by Samdede1984: 6:51am On Jun 06, 2021
Samdede1984:
Stay away from any Peugeot if u don't want to borrow money to eat. I can lost count on friends who have cross that road. It's a useless car ooo.
Re: 406 Or 407 Peugeot Car,.. Which Is More Reliable And Pocket Friendly by emmancecute(m): 2:13am On Jun 09, 2021
NnajiCyrux:

buy a Non abused Peugeot 406 and rest. I currently drive peugeot 406 and I can confidently tell you that car is a workhorse. Very reliable Car, Nice handling on top speed, good fuel economy, Nice interior/exterior, Cheaper parts compared to its japanese counterpart. Make sure you get a Non abused one and always use a peugeot mechanic/electrician. You'll smile all through your ownership. Now my own as many dents and scratches due to Lagos road, body work and paintjob will be done and Car would start turning heads again.
Re: 406 Or 407 Peugeot Car,.. Which Is More Reliable And Pocket Friendly by emmancecute(m): 2:15am On Jun 09, 2021
Samdede1984:
406 or 407 might ruin down your business. Peugeot generally are endless money pit. U don't need those craps my brother. They are the most useless cars on the surface of the earth. How many do u see on the road today?
have you ever used one?
Re: 406 Or 407 Peugeot Car,.. Which Is More Reliable And Pocket Friendly by okoroemeka(m): 5:05am On Jun 09, 2021
munezo:
Meanwhile, my Rewire just called me. He told me that he changed the BSI of the car (my 407) and the headlights issue of constant power on was normalized.

He then told me that the BSI can not be changed alone, that I need to change the brain box, BSI and key together, and that it will cost me a total of N80k.

Is this really true.

Experts in the house, I need your kind assistance please.
this is the reason Japanese cars are super reliable and gives peace of mind,how on Earth will a car manufacturer connect the functions of headlights,wiper, etc to the cars ECU or brain box,this is overengineering that is guaranteed to fail,I use a 2007 Honda Accord and last week surprisingly the car stopped and refused to start,I called my rewire after 5 minutes poking around he discovered that the AC waste water pipe was blocked and water backed up and was dropping on the ECU,the brain box was brought out and it has not less than half cup of water inside,the rewire just opened the module used rag and dried it and after 10 minutes of sun drying it was installed and the car was even better than before,but in some cars this issue will be a complete joy killers.oh,and it just cost me #2k for the rewire.

1 Like

Re: 406 Or 407 Peugeot Car,.. Which Is More Reliable And Pocket Friendly by OfficialSam(m): 10:39am On Jun 09, 2021
okoroemeka:
this is the reason Japanese cars are super reliable and gives peace of mind,how on Earth will a car manufacturer connect the functions of headlights,wiper, etc to the cars ECU or brain box,this is overengineering that is guaranteed to fail,I use a 2007 Honda Accord and last week surprisingly the car stopped and refused to start,I called my rewire after 5 minutes poking around he discovered that the AC waste water pipe was blocked and water backed up and was dropping on the ECU,the brain box was brought out and it has not less than half cup of water inside,the rewire just opened the module used rag and dried it and after 10 minutes of sun drying it was installed and the car was even better than before,but in some cars this issue will be a complete joy killers.oh,and it just cost me #2k for the rewire.

Good to know sir. How's the general maintenance of the Accord 2007? I mean are spare parts available and relatively cheap? The AC system? How do you manage the suspension? Do you have peace of mind? I want to forgo my boring Corolla 2006 for something fascinating. Pls respond. Thanks
Re: 406 Or 407 Peugeot Car,.. Which Is More Reliable And Pocket Friendly by okoroemeka(m): 11:04am On Jun 09, 2021
OfficialSam:

Good to know sir. How's the general maintenance of the Accord 2007? I mean are spare parts available and relatively cheap? The AC system? How do you manage the suspension? Do you have peace of mind? I want to forgo my boring Corolla 2006 for something fascinating. Pls respond. Thanks
well, been a Honda,the parts are easily available and cheap,the AC system is artic circle standard,I cannot recall using fan speed 4/5,just 2/3 is ok,maybe because my engine is the 3.0 v6,,just get new stock shocks not tokunbo4,I have piece of mind,I use the 2007 Honda Accord (DC) with leather, navigation and mind boggling stock sound system,and an interesting powerful car with an advanced dashboard design,I will fall asleep in that your Corolla.
Re: 406 Or 407 Peugeot Car,.. Which Is More Reliable And Pocket Friendly by OfficialSam(m): 12:08pm On Jun 09, 2021
okoroemeka:
well, been a Honda,the parts are easily available and cheap,the AC system is artic circle standard,I cannot recall using fan speed 4/5,just 2/3 is ok,maybe because my engine is the 3.0 v6,,just get new stock shocks not tokunbo4,I have piece of mind,I use the 2007 Honda Accord (DC) with leather, navigation and mind boggling stock sound system,and an interesting powerful car with an advanced dashboard design,I will fall asleep in that your Corolla.

"I will fall asleep in that your Corolla" grin grin grin Very funny. I have decided trade it for Accord 2006/07. I love that ride like kilode. Lately i have been feeling out of place with this bland and slowpoke thing I'm driving. No confidence on the road anymore. I can't feel among while driving alongside flashy cars. Just the other day, when i was parking at the roadside, a boy and his girlfriend jump inside my car, thinking I'm the BOLT driver they ordered. Imagine cry

I'm done with Corollas for life!

1 Like

Re: 406 Or 407 Peugeot Car,.. Which Is More Reliable And Pocket Friendly by munezo(m): 12:30pm On Jun 09, 2021
okoroemeka:

Wow, thanks for sharing. That's quite nice, easy and cheap.
Re: 406 Or 407 Peugeot Car,.. Which Is More Reliable And Pocket Friendly by DonnyE(m): 6:32pm On Jun 09, 2021
OfficialSam:

"I will fall asleep in that your Corolla" grin grin grin Very funny. I have decided trade it for Accord 2006/07. I love that ride like kilode. Lately i have been feeling out of place with this bland and slowpoke thing I'm driving. No confidence on the road anymore. I can't feel among while driving alongside flashy cars. Just the other day, when i was parking at the roadside, a boy and his girlfriend jump inside my car, thinking I'm the BOLT driver they ordered. Imagine cry

I'm done with Corollas for life!
Have u gotten a good deal on the swap?
Re: 406 Or 407 Peugeot Car,.. Which Is More Reliable And Pocket Friendly by Igbudu8: 7:26pm On Jun 09, 2021
datjohn:
Among the two Peugeot brands, I wud advice u to go with 406.
Manufacturer standpoint, 406 was a success throughout its production period and it made so much sales, reason attributed to its relative reliability, performance and less errors.
If u recall back in d days, 406 was a Nigerian government vehicle and there was no convoy u won't find it in. It really had its glory days and I got to develop my admiration there.

407 on the other hand was introduced to replace the 406 brand. But it was a woeful failure. Too many glitches, consumer complaints, and the personality was lost. Reasons why it didn't gain acceptance and besides, the competition was tough.

Users of 406 had always praised it for its outstanding AC, remarkable fuel economy, top notch security, engine reliability (esp. the EW10 engine. Its a monster on long journeys), car is surprisingly spacious despite its smallish look.
I also hear that the manual transmission is better to go for bcoz its the least problematic.

Wow. Your submission and analysis here is super �. The 406 car is everything. You really have an indept knowledge of how it works and it's attributed issues.

1 Like

Re: 406 Or 407 Peugeot Car,.. Which Is More Reliable And Pocket Friendly by Ikenna351(m): 10:23pm On Jun 10, 2021
okoroemeka:

It's easy for people like you to go online to confuse other people, claiming knowledge of what you know nothing about. Do you even have a clue what he meant by BSI? Can you give more details which of the Peugeot vehicles on the topic (406 & 407) that the Engine ECU controls the headlights or wipers?

Of course those who can't think for themselves already believed you. Why not? You must be telling the truth. How could you not, since everyone on social media is an expert on everything.

The 407 in question was obviously severely electrically abused, for the BSM & BSI units to be reacting in such ways on the wipers and headlights. But to most people here, it wasn't the fault of the owners that abused these vehicles, but it's the Peugeot fault.

Some people really can't be saved.

Lion-King Monk.

1 Like

Re: 406 Or 407 Peugeot Car,.. Which Is More Reliable And Pocket Friendly by NnajiCyrux(m): 1:00am On Jun 16, 2021
emmancecute:
buy a Non abused Peugeot 406 and rest. I currently drive peugeot 406 and I can confidently tell you that car is a workhorse. Very reliable Car, Nice handling on top speed, good fuel economy, Nice interior/exterior, Cheaper parts compared to its japanese counterpart. Make sure you get a Non abused one and always use a peugeot mechanic/electrician. You'll smile all through your ownership. Now my own as many dents and scratches due to Lagos road, body work and paintjob will be done and Car would start turning heads again.

Thanks So much..
I really Appreciate!! That's Exactly what I'll do
Re: 406 Or 407 Peugeot Car,.. Which Is More Reliable And Pocket Friendly by emmancecute(m): 1:15am On Jun 16, 2021
NnajiCyrux:

Thanks So much..
I really Appreciate!! That's Exactly what I'll do
avoid the converted ones that is RHD to LHD.
Re: 406 Or 407 Peugeot Car,.. Which Is More Reliable And Pocket Friendly by okoroemeka(m): 6:07am On Jun 16, 2021
Ikenna351:

It's easy for people like you to go online to confuse other people, claiming knowledge of what you know nothing about. Do you even have a clue what he meant by BSI? Can you give more details which of the Peugeot vehicles on the topic (406 & 407) that the Engine ECU controls the headlights or wipers?

Of course those who can't think for themselves already believed you. Why not? You must be telling the truth. How could you not, since everyone on social media is an expert on everything.

The 407 in question was obviously severely electrically abused, for the BSM & BSI units to be reacting in such ways on the wipers and headlights. But to most people here, it wasn't the fault of the owners that abused these vehicles, but it's the Peugeot fault.

Some people really can't be saved.

Lion-King Monk.
Lion King I know you are a Peugeot man but analyse the below information about the Peugeot bsi/ECU system and tell me if that is not a very stupid idea destained to cause high blood pressure to the common driver,it is good to do some in depth research,the bsi is another ECU apart from the ECU that controls the engine,this bsi controls the wipers, headlights,ac,controls,etc,how mad can this people get at Peugeot.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dumper Scania 113 8x4 / 2009 Camry @ 2.1m...2007 Sienna @ 2.3m...2008 Accord @ 2.2m Fully Loaded Click.. / 2003 Lexus SC430 (HardTop Convertible)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.