Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,709 members, 7,889,249 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:46 AM

Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari (31029 Views)

Restructuring: I Won’t Cede Power To Those Who Didn't Win Elections - Buhari / Ruga: Igbos Won’t Succumb To Arewa’s 30-day Ultimatum – IPOB / BREAKING! Ministerial List: I Am Under Tremendous Pressure – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by SmartPolician: 12:47pm On Oct 05, 2020
WoeBetide666:
Nice one, Mr President. Anyone calling for restructuring at this time is insensitive and self centered

How so?
Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by DragonFire433: 12:54pm On Oct 05, 2020
Change Indeed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by Brushstrokes20: 12:56pm On Oct 05, 2020
Whether you like it or not, the shithole is on a cliff edge!
The doomed contraption is long overdue for DISINTEGRATION!
I rep oduduwa Republic!

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by fredoooooo: 12:56pm On Oct 05, 2020
when they have the power to restructure and make everything better guess what they were doing .... the goats were busy eating the yams .. now they want restructure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by galaxy2020(m): 12:58pm On Oct 05, 2020
I for see APC losing most of it's states including the centre come 2023.....
Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by SmartPolician: 1:00pm On Oct 05, 2020
ugbede69:
someone should explain what restructuring really mean...am kinda lost ooh

Nigeria copied the presidential system of government from the United States. However, this country bastardized it because she didn't copy exactly what the US practices.

In the US, the states have their police, control resources in their domain and pay tax to the federal government.

The implication is that leadership has a trickle-down approach. This means that people in the grassroots feel governance more because they control their resources, secure themselves, and determine who lead them.

In Nigeria, the reverse is the case because the federal government controls all lands and the resources in it. When it gathers these resources, it takes the lion shares and gives the little to the state and local government area (they call it revenue allocation formula). The FG takes over 54% or so. This makes the central government very powerful. The Federal government controls everything security too.

So, restructuring simply means that the current structure is not working and people want to take charge of their resources and have their local police. When you have a local police, an Igbo man will protect an Igbo man. Hausa to Hausa and Yoruba to Yoruba.

The system we have not allows for the security structure to propagate their people's agenda. For instance, there's this claim that the Fulanis want to use herders to instill fear in people to islamize the country. That's why the police does not prosecute them when they destroy farmlands and massacre villagers. This prompted the Yorubas to set up Amotekun to protect their domain.

I hope this helps

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by aydought: 1:08pm On Oct 05, 2020
What do you expect from a clueless government that is so docile to even work on the electoral reforms bill. We are not surprised because “na una way”
Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by simfrost90210: 1:10pm On Oct 05, 2020
sad c'mon, Mr President, that's kinda weirdly harsh, you know
Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 05, 2020
Rugaria:

Who wrote the Constitution that "exclusively reserves" the power to restructure Nigeria with a national assembly dominated by nothern elements The Nigerian people or a Nigerian army dominated by notherners with a nothern C-in-C? And why should we,the rest of the country not start towards other alternatives if both Buhari and the skewed national assembly continue to pursue sectional interests rather than the collective interests on sundry issues??
So what do u expect him to do when he doesn't have the power. When OBJ and GEJ were there the issue of restructuring was never mentioned and I bet u when southerners get there you'll never hear this word again. If ur Reps really means business why did they fail to bring the issue in the house for debate?
Losers, opportunist and brainwashed are the only one calling for what they don't know. If thy really means business then thy should elect people with whom they share common vision.
If u want to restructure let us do the needful.
We've to advocate total control of resources by states not region because all those noise makers are the true leeches that want to milk there neighbouring states.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by Golan007: 1:13pm On Oct 05, 2020
Rugaria:
As far as I'm concerned, no restructuring, no referendum, no national conference should happen under this man's tenure! It will amount to a total waste of time and resources as his very dangerous brand of nepotism will never allow him to accept any result that can altruistically solve the problems of the country without lopsidedly favouring his over pampered fulani stock. We should all find a way to stampede him out of office and when he is gone, the real and serious process of reengineering the political structures of the country to meet up with the aspirations of the people should commence..

Stampede him out of office because he wasnt your choice abi?
Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by Donspicey: 1:20pm On Oct 05, 2020
visiondee:
Okay sir.... if you are not succumbing to the pressure of restructuring that will benefits all and incoming generations presently.... WHAT DO YOU HAVE IN MIND TO DO YOUR EXCELLENCY SIR?
Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by Africanamania: 1:23pm On Oct 05, 2020
The most funniest thing is that,we have too many dull heads in millions,who cannot agitate for their constitutional rights of equity in a federal system of government,thanks to illiteracy, ignorance and unawareness.WHAT A CURSE !!!!!!!!!!
Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 05, 2020
AmotekunSW:
Once any core Northerner hears restructuring, they start sh1tting their pants. The North needs the waterways in the South, they need the oil in the South, they need the seaports in the South. They need the NYSC teachers else the educational system of the North would collapse.

Restructuring is not an option, it is a certainty. It is just a matter of when. The days of ONE NIGERIA are fading away and the best way to salvage it is to make it OUR NIGERIA.
North fully understand the hidden meaning of restructuring. When OBJ & GEJ were presidents there was no this agitation. Restructuring is for ethno-religious bigots who lost relevance and opportunities. If those echoing it are serious why shouldn't thy ask for confederation system where all states have their system and control over their resources and power?
The best place to brainwash ppl and instill conspiracy is in the mind of southern Christians, if u're talking abt ports and water, it means u've never been to the North, if u're talking abt depending on Corpers for schools then u're not currwnt abt Nigerian affairs. U can never grow if u'll always go to church and expect one dullard bigot to feed u with every nonsense abt north. Do u expect them to tell u good of the north?
North has every solid and oil resources, has more power plants to survive on, abundant water resources for farming. Farming fetches more than $60b dollar to northern farmers. Now Northern states are building their pplmorethan southerners instead of them to direct their anger to right persons they're distracted by nonsense calls. North has more potential. Do u think if u go ur way Niger-Delta will allow u to leech on them again?
You're more of liability than us in the North.
Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by Benzemma(m): 1:29pm On Oct 05, 2020
tamdun:
If u won't do it, another person will, the way Nigeria is going isn't good at all, I used to support u but now, am on the fence and I don't give a damn about apc or pdp anymore, am just waiting for the party that will produce the right candidate.
And which party do you think is it, that will bring the right candidate in this corntree?
Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by kikake: 1:30pm On Oct 05, 2020
adenigga:

Source:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/tribuneonlineng.com/restructuring-i-e mad.

wont-succumb-to-pressure-buhari/amp/

Those who the gods want to kill, they first make made. Britain is not going to fight for one Nigeria again.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by kikake: 1:33pm On Oct 05, 2020
Rugaria:
As far as I'm concerned, no restructuring, no referendum, no national conference should happen under this man's tenure! It will amount to a total waste of time and resources as his very dangerous brand of nepotism will never allow him to accept any result that can altruistically solve the problems of the country without lopsidedly favouring his over pampered fulani stock. We should all find a way to stampede him out of office and when he is gone, the real and serious process of reengineering the political structures of the country to meet up with the aspirations of the people should commence..

Wrong./
He then has the opportunity to chose who thinks more or less like him to succeed himself.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by dokie: 1:36pm On Oct 05, 2020
visiondee:
Okay sir.... if you are not succumbing to the pressure of restructuring that will benefits all and incoming generations presently.... WHAT DO YOU HAVE IN MIND TO DO YOUR EXCELLENCY SIR?

Buhari : Nothing.
Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by kikake: 1:40pm On Oct 05, 2020
Rugaria:

Who wrote the Constitution that "exclusively reserves" the power to restructure Nigeria with a national assembly dominated by nothern elements The Nigerian people or a Nigerian army dominated by notherners with a nothern C-in-C? And why should we,the rest of the country not start towards other alternatives if both Buhari and the skewed national assembly continue to pursue sectional interests rather than the collective interests on sundry issues??

Words on marble.

They are laughable who ask others to resort to the National Assembly where many groups are under represented due to lopsided political structure created by northern soldiers to favor northern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by Johndyk(m): 1:47pm On Oct 05, 2020
Keeper of the zoo has spoken!
Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by Konafas: 1:52pm On Oct 05, 2020
adenigga:

Source:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/tribuneonlineng.com/restructuring-i-wont-succumb-to-pressure-buhari/amp/

It happened in Egypt Pharaoh refused to let the people go and end up drowning in Red sea with his troops..

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by MoIbrahim: 2:10pm On Oct 05, 2020
Deception
Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by adenigga(m): 2:15pm On Oct 05, 2020
Konafas:

It happened in Egypt Pharaoh refused to let the people go and end up drowning in Red sea with his troops..

So shall it be for Bubu, if he refuse!!!
Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by salt1: 2:36pm On Oct 05, 2020
Coronabirus:
North fully understand the hidden meaning of restructuring. When OBJ & GEJ were presidents there was no this agitation. Restructuring is for ethno-religious bigots who lost relevance and opportunities. If those echoing it are serious why shouldn't thy ask for confederation system where all states have their system and control over their resources and power?
The best place to brainwash ppl and instill conspiracy is in the mind of southern Christians, if u're talking abt ports and water, it means u've never been to the North, if u're talking abt depending on Corpers for schools then u're not currwnt abt Nigerian affairs. U can never grow if u'll always go to church and expect one dullard bigot to feed u with every nonsense abt north. Do u expect them to tell u good of the north?
North has every solid and oil resources, has more power plants to survive on, abundant water resources for farming. Farming fetches more than $60b dollar to northern farmers. Now Northern states are building their pplmorethan southerners instead of them to direct their anger to right persons they're distracted by nonsense calls. North has more potential. Do u think if u go ur way Niger-Delta will allow u to leech on them again?
You're more of liability than us in the North.

With all these numerous advantages, why doesn't the North pull out of Nigeria and peacefully enjoy these great potentials?
Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by Muhylonaire007: 2:41pm On Oct 05, 2020
tamdun:
If u won't do it, another person will, the way Nigeria is going isn't good at all, I used to support u but now, am on the fence and I don't give a damn about apc or pdp anymore, am just waiting for the party that will produce the right candidate.

Welcome back. grin grin
Sane Nigerians never trusted buhari from the beginning.
Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by samwillyco1(m): 2:41pm On Oct 05, 2020
grin grin Who is shocked about the statement grin grin
Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by Munlad: 3:04pm On Oct 05, 2020
sinistermind:
All of una dey mad. As long as a northerner is up there, restructuring will never happen

why didn't GEJ when he was president for 6 years. Basket mouth keep on running
Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by tsagir(m): 3:22pm On Oct 05, 2020
Ever8090:
No succumb naa !..e go soon clear for your eye old man… even a little kid knows that,what Nigeria need now is restructuring or brake up which will definitely see we people from the middle belt disassociate ourselves from the north by all means..
AREWA WE STAND NOT NORTH, (AREWA MEAN NORTH WEST AND EAST )
Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by zoedew: 3:32pm On Oct 05, 2020
It remains to be seen how far that position will take him. History does not disclose anyone who succeeded at sitting on others. It goes without saying.
Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by reality1010: 3:41pm On Oct 05, 2020
Romanoff:
If Pastor Adeboye, keep quiet, Una go say e no gree talk.

See wetin the talk produce na.
His talk on Zoom made no sense. He was busy talking about his profession as a mathematician. He also talked about a Nigerian system of practicing presidential and parliamentary systems together. He lacks political wisdom. The restructuring he s canvassing was the same people rejected at Aburi. This kind of restructure will break nigeria because the regions or zones can go their separate ways after contesting and fighting the federal govt
Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by Awoo88: 4:01pm On Oct 05, 2020
"this administration will not take any decision against the interests of 200 million Nigerians"
Opposite is the case. All the actions taking so far has been against the interest of Nigerians

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cameroonian Soldiers Invade Taraba Communities / No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson / Omojuwa Vs Sen Ben Bruce In An Epic Trailer On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.