Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,228 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:34 AM

SARS receive 48k as salary, frustration is expected – Journalist Somtoo Okoye - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SARS receive 48k as salary, frustration is expected – Journalist Somtoo Okoye (2357 Views)

FBI Is Expected To Release 2,500 Records On Tinubu - UberFacts / Things That The Next President Of Nigeria Is Expected To Put Back In Order. / Cost Of Anambra Airport Is 6bn Naira/$16m Not $2.2bn - Somtoo Okoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SARS receive 48k as salary, frustration is expected – Journalist Somtoo Okoye by TheManofTomorrow(m): 6:39am On Oct 06, 2020
This excuse is not valid. They are underpaid just as most sectors too so why should they be the exception and be brutal and dead to the masses?

The only way Nigerians going to work is when different sectors start venting their frustration and grievances in the appropriate quarters which is the government. Not trying to act smart and find another way out of their misery.

Meanwhile, check my signature!

1 Like

Re: SARS receive 48k as salary, frustration is expected – Journalist Somtoo Okoye by madridguy(m): 7:10am On Oct 06, 2020
Na so ooooo. How many Nigerians are even getting 48K monthly. Make dem leave SARS are enter another work, no be by force.

FarahAideed:

Exactly ..we need to stop creating excuses for criminals ...if they dont like the 48k they should enter street and hustle like most NIGERIAns

1 Like

Re: SARS receive 48k as salary, frustration is expected – Journalist Somtoo Okoye by ruggedtimi(m): 7:26am On Oct 06, 2020
Salary of police/military should be raised to atleast 90k minimum.
Re: SARS receive 48k as salary, frustration is expected – Journalist Somtoo Okoye by ruggedtimi(m): 7:27am On Oct 06, 2020
But on a serious note, no5 I think only happens in Nigeria.
Re: SARS receive 48k as salary, frustration is expected – Journalist Somtoo Okoye by ruggedtimi(m): 7:29am On Oct 06, 2020
Bola146:
shocked Besides even if each of them are earning one million each month, they will still collect bribe sad
I don't think so....not N50 bribe. Maybe higher amount
Re: SARS receive 48k as salary, frustration is expected – Journalist Somtoo Okoye by Whoube99(f): 7:39am On Oct 06, 2020
lancas:

https://www.thecelebfrenzy.com/2020/10/endsars-frustration-lack-of-funding.html

You're a fool
Tell us how much is the salary of a police constable if you claim a corporal's salary is 48k
I know a lawyer who earn 30k per month and he has never resorted to criminality because of his pay.
Next time try and tell us something sensible
Re: SARS receive 48k as salary, frustration is expected – Journalist Somtoo Okoye by Sleepaway(f): 8:48am On Oct 06, 2020
This is just a lame excuse
You don't take someone's life because of frustration

It's if it's like that let them purge all the prisoners cause many committed crimes out of frustration too plus armed robbers as well as kidnappers even boko haram should be tagged frustrated too and not terrorists

Re: SARS receive 48k as salary, frustration is expected – Journalist Somtoo Okoye by MickzyDonald: 9:01am On Oct 06, 2020
Difrent:

Teachers don't carry guns......if they do I bet you you will bribe them when you need to. Poor pay is one of the factors making most of those officers collect bribe and extort those they can. Pay them well, monitor them well and have a strict disciplinary procedure and I bet you all this will reduce drastically
That's really true,but the so called government bodies still have a lot to do sha,when our leaders are exploiting cash,what do you expect the others to do
Re: SARS receive 48k as salary, frustration is expected – Journalist Somtoo Okoye by yaki84: 9:38am On Oct 06, 2020
lancas:

https://www.thecelebfrenzy.com/2020/10/endsars-frustration-lack-of-funding.html
This is one the lies being told to continue in their extortion.
If any police man thinks the pay is not what he envisage , he should kindly resign and seek other high paying jobs.
Nobody send them to go stand under hot sun or rain, they chose to do so cos of their selfish nature.
How many times have the igp sanctioned roadblocks in Nigeria but u still see it almost every corners and roads in the country.
The issue is systemic, it can only be addressed by the leaders.
Re: SARS receive 48k as salary, frustration is expected – Journalist Somtoo Okoye by yaki84: 9:48am On Oct 06, 2020
Difrent:

Teachers don't carry guns......if they do I bet you you will bribe them when you need to. Poor pay is one of the factors making most of those officers collect bribe and extort those they can. Pay them well, monitor them well and have a strict disciplinary procedure and I bet you all this will reduce drastically
U don't know how this institution work.
From igp to common dpo, they operate on kickbacks. Igp will post someone to high density state, he must get something in return for the favour.
The commissioner of every state have some monetary returns from all dpos in the state. The dpos too mandates those field officers to make returns to him at the end of the day.
So the question is r they not paying the igp well too?
Is the commissioner of police underpaid?
Re: SARS receive 48k as salary, frustration is expected – Journalist Somtoo Okoye by lancas: 6:49pm On Oct 06, 2020
Difrent:

My brother don't mind him. Carry gun give a hungry man when some of them are even ex-convict and expect them not to misbehave.

If they ask Nigerian graduates to come and do this work now, they will back off. I wonder why mods have not put this topic on front page sef.
Re: SARS receive 48k as salary, frustration is expected – Journalist Somtoo Okoye by jamrexie: 7:28pm On Oct 06, 2020
Difrent:

No be lie

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alaigbo Is Going Solo ! / FG Not Against Bandits Because They Are Doing Business - El-rufai / British Colonial Government Better Than Nigeria Indigenous Rule And Leadership

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.