Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,889 members, 7,938,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 10:08 AM

Check Engine Light On - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Check Engine Light On (305 Views)

CHECK ENGINE LIGHT : FREE CAR DIAGNOSING IN LAGOS NOW / Kwara:Elm 327 OBD II For Sale @ #3,500 For Check Engine Light Only / Kano/Katsina:- Car Diagnosis For Check Engine Light Only @ #1,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Engine Light On by Blamelesscompas(m): 7:56am On Oct 06, 2020
I drive a Honda Accord 2004 manual tranny
I noticed anytime the check engine light comes on the card jerks to infinity and engine switches off
But when I start if immediately it continues that error,but if the check engine sign does not come on the car works perfectly.
Please note I've just seeviced the car and the fuel pump is new

Any ideas to this issue ??
Re: Check Engine Light On by pandax: 8:13am On Oct 06, 2020
Blamelesscompas:
I drive a Honda Accord 2004 manual tranny
I noticed anytime the check engine light comes on the card jerks to infinity and engine switches off
But when I start if immediately it continues that error,but if the check engine sign does not come on the car works perfectly.
Please note I've just seeviced the car and the fuel pump is new

Any ideas to this issue ??

I will advice you to go and scan your vehicle and drop the codes here so you could be given the appropriate cause of the described.
Check engine lights could come up as a result of malfunctioning in the underlisted components, amongst other:
1. Bad Oxygen(O2) sensors
2. Bad Mass-Air flow Metres sensors
3. A leakage around your manifold area that allows unmetered air into the system
4. Non air-tight fuel tank area cap
5. Bad ECU

Do you think your vehicle is consuming MORE fuel that it was before the check engine light came up?
Does the check engine light flash intermittently or steady?
Re: Check Engine Light On by Blamelesscompas(m): 9:14am On Oct 06, 2020
Thank you so much

P0685

ECM/PCM INTERNAL CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION (POWER CONTROL CIRCUIT(PERMANENT)

THIS IS WHAT WAS DIAGNOSED

WHAT IS THW SOLUTION PLEASE??
Re: Check Engine Light On by pandax: 9:48am On Oct 06, 2020
Blamelesscompas:
Thank you so much

P0685

ECM/PCM INTERNAL CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION (POWER CONTROL CIRCUIT(PERMANENT)

THIS IS WHAT WAS DIAGNOSED

WHAT IS THW SOLUTION PLEASE??

Please note that ECM is Engine Control Module, its same as ECU, Engine Control Unit or what we commonly called 'Brain Box' in Nigeria

I will check in this order below to rectify the fault:

1. Blown ECM fuse - check the fuse, usually Fuse #3 (15A)
2. ECM power relay harness is open or shorted - If you have loose electrical connections, worry about this
3. ECM power relay circuit poor electrical connection - If electricians have recently done wire bypass for you, worry about this
4. Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM) power relay - change this relay, usually brown in colour PGM-F1 Relay and located in relay compartment
5. Faulty ECM - Finally, I hope its not this one for you ooo

I suspect 1 and/or 4. Check all the Engine Control Module (ECM) fuses, if the fuses are OK, then replacing the ECM relay should take care of the problem. Best of luck.

NB: Disconnect the battery terminal and wait for say 3mins, then reconnect back after performing the steps above, this is to wipe out residual error codes in your ECM

Get back to us, if our solution resolved your issues to help others

(1) (Reply)

Registered Benz ML 350 For Sale In Abuja N3.5M Asking / Need A Car Urgently / Black 2011 C300 Or C350 "Non4matic" Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.