Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,863 members, 7,872,862 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:40 AM

FG To ASUU: Consider Farming As Alternative Profession - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG To ASUU: Consider Farming As Alternative Profession (737 Views)

"Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU / ASUU Unveils UTAS As Alternative To IPPIS / Mary Folafoluwa Oginni, Best Student In WAEC Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To ASUU: Consider Farming As Alternative Profession by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 06, 2020
FG Urges ASUU Members to Consider Farming as Alternative Profession
October 6, 2020 3:08 am
By Kuni Tyessi

The Minister of State for Education, Mr. Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba has urged members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), to leave the teaching profession and consider going into farming, stressing that more farmers are needed in the country.

Also, in preparation for the reopening of schools, Nwajuiba said some of the modalities that have been put in place to stop the spread of COVID-19 will include afternoon classes in order to prevent overcrowding.

Nwajuiba who was a guest on ARISE NEWS Channel in Abuja yesterday, reiterated that all schools must enforce the COVID-19 protocols.

He said: “Some people may not believe what we are doing but we must continue to enforce that. You must continue to abide by the protocol. You must provide them. We don’t really care about how much inconvenience or how convenient you think it is for your child to wear facemask. Obey the rules first. If we find out you’re not following those rules, we will have to deal with somebody.”

On the protracted strike by the ASUU, the minister who recalled that the union did not embark on the strike on the basis of the pandemic, said the university lecturers might consider farming, insisting that more farmers are needed in the nation.

He said the federal government has shown commitment to their demands.

Acknowledging that the union has the right to express itself and make demands, the minister noted that up till July 2020, all academic staff had been paid salaries.

“ASUU is within its rights as a union of lecturers. We didn’t start a strike with ASUU on the basis of COVID-19. ASUU was already on strike way before COVID-19. Just before COVID-19 will shut down schools, they gave an indefinite strike. We are not in any contention with them.

“Government is actually not holding anyone to ransom. It says this is how I want to pay and it has to be through IPPIS. You can leave the employment. You can opt out of it and say ‘I no longer want to teach’. You can find other professions. What we need now are probably more farmers.

“You cannot keep forcing your employer and tell him, ‘I will like you to pay me my money through my pillow. Or, I will like you to pay it through this mailbox’. ASUU has a lot of complaints and dissipation around it. That is legitimate but doesn’t mean you should force yourself on the man who has the money.”

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/10/06/fg-urges-ASUU-members-to-consider-farming-as-alternative-profession/amp/
Re: FG To ASUU: Consider Farming As Alternative Profession by SmartProf(m): 10:31am On Oct 06, 2020
You can't insult intellectuals because the society you govern allows 2-3 credits waec holders to be leaders. The Minister who made this statement may have kids schooling abroad while some of those who are suffering from the strike will hail him and insult ASUU. A sane govt won't throw banters like touts but will rather use wisdom and industrial dispute resolution strategies to quell the situation so students can return to school.

1 Like

Re: FG To ASUU: Consider Farming As Alternative Profession by EzzyCarter: 10:32am On Oct 06, 2020
"Mr. Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba has urged members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), to leave the teaching profession and consider going into farming, stressing that more farmers are needed in the country"

Shots fired ! shocked this Nwajiuba get bad mouth sha shocked grin

Re: FG To ASUU: Consider Farming As Alternative Profession by Tenshades(m): 10:34am On Oct 06, 2020
Wahala dey this country o
grin grin
Re: FG To ASUU: Consider Farming As Alternative Profession by 21cents: 10:35am On Oct 06, 2020
I might consider going into politics in the future for president and the first set of bastards I'll deal with is ASUU. I'll so deal with them that I might consider sacking some of them if the noise is way too much. It'd have been better if their grievances were true to student's plight but no, just their pockets.
Who employs the lucturers? -FG.

So I don't understand why they'd keep pushing their lucks too far and wasting children's time for their selfish reasons.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To ASUU: Consider Farming As Alternative Profession by tritt(m): 10:36am On Oct 06, 2020
May be his kids are not schooling in Nigeria.......
Re: FG To ASUU: Consider Farming As Alternative Profession by seankafor(m): 10:36am On Oct 06, 2020
Like seriously if am the president.. I will close public university education indefinitely..

What sort of nonsense is this? What are we even learning in this school sef? With archaic and old fools that calls themselves lecturers..

My prayers everyday is that let there be school no more... Am happy with my street job..

Nonsense and modalities angry

3 Likes

Re: FG To ASUU: Consider Farming As Alternative Profession by 21cents: 10:38am On Oct 06, 2020
seankafor:
Like seriously if am the president.. I will close public university education indefinitely..

What sort of nonsense is this? What are we even learning in this school sef? With archaic and old fools that calls themselves lecturers..

My prayers everyday is that let there be school no more... Am happy with my street job..

Nonsense and modalities angry
mbanu. Pls speak for yourself. They'd be school and you can decide for yourself wether to continue your street job or school. We that love school will continue okay?

1 Like

Re: FG To ASUU: Consider Farming As Alternative Profession by Bomboiy: 11:18am On Oct 06, 2020
Lol if this is true the. this strike is not ending anytime soon,we don enter gbege.
Re: FG To ASUU: Consider Farming As Alternative Profession by CodeTemplar: 2:51pm On Oct 06, 2020
Education to a northerner is something that gives a southerner advantage over them. BH mindset.
Re: FG To ASUU: Consider Farming As Alternative Profession by kleverley(m): 3:38pm On Oct 06, 2020
''More farmers are needed in the country''
Most times I use to wonder, between ASUU and FG who is innocent in this their whole drama?
They'd better resolve their issues so that students can peacefully return to school, this is the 7th month FFS
Re: FG To ASUU: Consider Farming As Alternative Profession by SavageMaster: 3:46pm On Oct 06, 2020
21cents:
I might consider going into politics in the future for president and the first set of bastards I'll deal with is ASUU. I'll so deal with them that I might consider sacking some of them if the noise is way too much. It'd have been better if their grievances were true to student's plight but no, just their pockets.
Who employs the lucturers? -FG.

So I don't understand why they'd keep pushing their lucks too far and wasting children's time for their selfish reasons.

You'll never be president
Re: FG To ASUU: Consider Farming As Alternative Profession by 21cents: 7:30pm On Oct 06, 2020
SavageMaster:

You'll never be president
please tend to the subject matter instead of being concerned about my quest for presidency. I expect you to counter my submission with good response.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

World Top 7 Crazy Dictators You Never Knew / Dean Of Student Affairs Asked Students To Commit Suicide / How To Mitigate Static Electric Shock In This Harmattan Dry Weather

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.