Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,288 members, 7,974,308 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 08:19 PM

President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos (3707 Views)

Fayose More Than Qualified To Be President - Aide / US Security Operative Stopped Kenya President’s Aide From Touching Obama’s Limo / Obituary Picture Of The NANS President Aide That Died In A Motor Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by Beaf: 5:21am On Mar 04, 2011
[size=14pt]President's aide denies comments on Igbos [/size]
By Emmanuel Ogala
March 4, 2011 03:41AM

Special Adviser to President Goodluck Jonathan on National Assembly matters, Muhammed Abba Aji, has denied ever saying that it is impossible for the Igbos to become president in 2015. "I have not in any time made such statements," Mr Abba Aji told reporters in Abuja on Thursday. "Contrary to this statement, I strongly believe that my Igbo brothers and sisters have equal rights with all members of other ethnic groups of our nation to seek any public office including the exalted office of the Federal Republic of Nigeria." He was reported to have said that if Mr Jonathan wins the 2011 elections, Namadi Sambo, the current vice president will step in to fill that position in 2015 if the president keeps his promise of ruling only one term.

"The statement as it relates to Vice President Namadi Sambo is entirely my personal view, which he neither desired nor solicited. I therefore hereby withdraw it, and regret any misunderstanding that it might have generated." On the Freedom Of Information Bill, the Special Adviser also adjusted his earlier comments. Rather than his earlier stand that he will ensure that the president does not sign the bill into law when it is eventually passed by the Senate, Mr Abba Aji said he was just pointing out the ills of the bill.

"What I did was to draw attention to the conflict that in my view, it is likely to have with the seventh schedule of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as it relates to the oath of office and the Official Secrecy Act which is yet to be repealed.

"I also tried to make distinction between the Freedom of Information Bill, which seeks to compel public officers to reveal official matters and the Freedom of the Press which is already enshrined as section 39 of the Constitution." Mr Abba Aji had said, in Maiduguri, that he was disappointed in the House of Representatives for passing the bill. He said he expected the senate to throw it out, or he would be left with no option but to advise the president not to assent to the bill.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/5681195-147/story.csp
Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by Beaf: 5:22am On Mar 04, 2011
Sack him, come May.
Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by EzeUche2(m): 5:23am On Mar 04, 2011
Beaf:

Sack him, come May.

No. . . Sack him now!
Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by fstranger3(m): 6:50am On Mar 04, 2011
How is he different from this con-boy soon to be con-man below:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=616390.msg7842574#msg7842574
Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by Chyz2: 7:06am On Mar 04, 2011
Off with his head!!!
Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by Beaf: 7:08am On Mar 04, 2011
fstranger3:

How is he different from this con-boy soon to be con-man below:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=616390.msg7842574#msg7842574

Grow up, you've posted the same childish crap on a dozen pages already.
Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by bkbabe97y(m): 7:10am On Mar 04, 2011
Beaf:

Grow up, you've posted the same childish crap on a dozen pages already.

. . . .and EZEUCHE told the same lies like a billion times!!!
Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by udezue(m): 7:38am On Mar 04, 2011
@BEAF, Naw fire him.
Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by onyengbu1(m): 8:00am On Mar 04, 2011
That guy should be fired immediately!
Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 04, 2011
He was merely stating the obvious. I can't see a situation where Jonathan is succeeded by an ibo.
Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by onyengbu1(m): 8:41am On Mar 04, 2011
Aigbofa,
so the only u see he did wrong was the igbo comment?
Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 04, 2011
onye_ngbu:

Aigbofa,
so the only u see he did wrong was the igbo comment?

Well, the title of the thread says;

President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos
Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by onyengbu1(m): 8:49am On Mar 04, 2011
And u obviously act on news titles only.
Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 04, 2011
onye_ngbu:

And u obviously act on news titles only.

Why don't you just ask Mr. Emmanuel Ogala why he chose that particular title for his article.
Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by onyengbu1(m): 8:57am On Mar 04, 2011
You still dont get it, do you?
Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by Nobody: 9:02am On Mar 04, 2011
onye_ngbu:

You still dont get it, do you?

No. Explain it to me.
Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by onyengbu1(m): 9:07am On Mar 04, 2011
Ok, i will do that.

Start reading beyond headlines
Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 04, 2011
onye_ngbu:

Ok, i will do that.

Start reading beyond headlines

I'll take that as "pls get off my back"

Ok. I'll let you off.
Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by EkoIle1: 9:10am On Mar 04, 2011
It really sucks to be ibo, den just dey play dem like football. We all no say na lie, na use den won use dem, but ibo people and their mumusim, na greed and foolishness dey think for them,

Well, they ain't never gonna learn
Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by honeric01(m): 9:12am On Mar 04, 2011
It seems the Igbos don't even have a consensus candidate in the first place, if Igbos are to be given a chance to present a candidate (Generally accepted by all igbos), it's going to take 20yrs to decide.
Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by EkoIle1: 9:14am On Mar 04, 2011
It's not like people don't know what is going on, this is a great analysis depicting the whole dumb move by ibo people and how they are going to lose once again,

Ohaneze Ndigbo And Southeast Governors: Making Bad Choices For The Southeast Zone

Posted: February 2, 2011 - 01:57
Posted by siteadmin
By Mazi Uzo Obi

SOUTHEAST POSITION

1. The SE zone has through the SE Governors declared that the SE is not interested in either being President or VP and this position has been supported by Ohaneze Ndigbo. In addition they have pledged total support for GEJ on the grounds that the SE will produce the President in 2015( Is this not ambiguous?)

2. There is now a tussle for the position of National Chairman of the PDP by Dr Emmanuel Nwodo. The PDP North argues that since GEJ is flying the flag the position of Chairman should move to the North. The SE on the other hand argues that the term of the SE will expire in 2012 and therefore the SE should be allowed to finish their term in 2012.

3.President GEJ apparently in agreement with Governor Peter Obi suddenly appointed Lady Bianca Odumegwu Ojukwu as Senior Special Assistant Diaspora (whatever that means).A few SE Internet miscreants are all over the place gloating and rejoicing.

SOUTHWEST POSITION:

1. While all the foregoing are going on, the Southwest zone saw an opportunity and have positioned the zone for Senate President if GEJ wins.

2. The Southwest has also positioned the region for Vice President if Buhari/Ribadu wins.

This reminds me of the popular line by Dr Kingsley Mbadiwe: Obulu na  IS  a workuro  WAS ga work. This again should remind us of 1999 when the two major candidates were from the Southwest zone.

Today, the SW region knows when it will be their turn again and they are not speaking. As at today three names have been mentioned as possible VP candidates namely Adebayo, Tinubu and Tunde Bakare.

It must be emphasized that I have not claimed to be a master of political strategy. What I have essentially done is to bring together known facts that have occurred and make a prediction of further outcomes. I expressed my thoughts about eleven years ago and I presented the link to that article in an earlier paragraph and nothing has changed and I have not been proved wrong eleven years after and the Southeast position has not changed. The Ohaneze Ndigbo may be banking on the statement made by GEJ that he was seeking to complete the term of Yar Adua but this is not settled in the PDP. Besides, it cannot be denied that the power of incumbency is a very big driving force in national politics and that is why GEJ is the PDP flag bearer today. I further submit that the Southsouth zone has an equal stake with the other five zones and therefore is entitled to the Presidency. If GEJ wins he will be starting the first four year term for the Southsouth zone. In the meantime, the Northern zones will have the time to re-strategize for the future.

After Obasanjo had completed two terms as President, the SW zone took the position of Speaker of the House. What was the thinking of Ohaneze when the SE zone failed to seek the position of Speaker but instead settled for deputy senate president which is a redundant position? Why is the Ohaneze banking on 2015 and ignoring the present when the SE should have been seeking to head the senate or house if GEJ wins? Why is the PDP SE caucus fighting for the PDP National Chairmanship position which will end in 2012? Has the Ohaneze ever thought of a possible scenario where GEJ would lose in his bid? In the event Buhari/Ribadu wins, the SW will produce the VP and if GEJ wins, the SW will head the Senate. If GEJ wins the election, the SE will be going home with the position of Chairman which will end in 2012. The failed leadership of Ohaneze Ndigbo and Southeast Governors will make Ndigbo politically irrelevant in Nigeria
http://www.saharareporters.com/article/ohaneze-ndigbo-and-southeast-governors-making-bad-choices-southeast-zone?page=1
Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by onyengbu1(m): 9:16am On Mar 04, 2011
The pack is back
Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by doncaster(m): 9:18am On Mar 04, 2011
Talk about lying, i saw this somewhere, A medical student at Princeton.  grin grin shocked shocked shocked

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-613331.96.html
Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by Diligence: 12:10pm On Mar 04, 2011
The world has seen over and over again that the problem of Nigeria is bribery and corruption instituted by past rulers, majority of which hail from yoruba and hausa.

Whether u said it or not, u guz hv wasted 50 yrs and nothing to show for it; isn't hi time you trusted those whom God has naturally/graciously bestowed your very own salvation in their hands - NDI-IGBO!
Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 04, 2011
so far wev had only 4 democratic presidents. ZIK, OBJ, YARADUA AND GEJ so i think everything is equal right now , am lookin foward to 2015 , maybe sullivan will be a good option lets watch and see what happens
Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by Parnassuss(m): 12:40pm On Mar 04, 2011
DRlulu:

so far wev had only 4 democratic presidents. ZIK, OBJ, YARADUA AND GEJ so i think everything is equal right now , am lookin foward to 2015 , maybe sullivan will be a good option lets watch and see what happens

Careful what you wish for. It'll be close if he survives this election and term, Sullivan doesn't have the support of the MAJORITY of Enugu people, not to speak of the rest of Igbo land. Very few people can command that respect. In fact the only consensus candidate for president that'll cut across the igbo board would be Jim Nwobodo, Rev Fr Mbaka or Peter Obi. Igbos may be crooked, but VERY, VERY few of us would actually support a crooked leader.`
Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by egift(m): 12:54pm On Mar 04, 2011

Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by Guyman02: 1:00pm On Mar 04, 2011
Diligence:

The world has seen over and over again that the problem of Nigeria is bribery and corruption instituted by past rulers, majority of which hail from yoruba and hausa.

Whether u said it or not, u guz hv wasted 50 yrs and nothing to show for it; isn't hi time you trusted those whom God has naturally/graciously bestowed your very own salvation in their hands - NDI-IGBO!

Prof Ralph Uwechue (Igbo from Delta State) is not daft for leading Ohaneze to support GEJ. SE is happy that the era of suspicion built into the relationship between Ndigbo and old SE now South-South is being broken.

The North imposed the abandoned property dichotomy in Portharcourt to create enmity between the people. Carved out oil producing areas in Igboland into South South and renamed many of the areas from Obigbo to Oyigbo, Umuokoro to Rumuokoro etc.

The Igbos are using the present opportunity to unite gradually with their brothers in the South South with whom they share the same culture. After experiencing exploitation and marginisation for several years which the SS minorities erroneously blamed on the Igbos suffering from the effects of a cruel civil war, they SS people later realised that Ojukwu was correct when he tried to create Biafra republic and they new generation of youths took up arms, which has metamophosed into a GEJ presdency.

The SE needs to create a robust economy with their God given talents and strategise afresh on how to get back fully into the scheme of things in the political relm of the country and realise that they can build a better political partnership with the SS than the Hausa and Yoruba who have tried to make them irrelevant over the years.
SE doesnt need a vice presidential slot at this time, they should use this window period to reflect on what may have led to their present predicament and request from GEJ to have more Federal presence in the SE and SS just like we have in the SW and North since Govt is the biggest industry in Nigeria and that will greatly reduce the emigration of the people to other states, instead there will be a reversal where Hausas and Yorubas who make up the bulk of the Federal services will be posted to Abakaliki and Uyo and not to Lagos and Kaduna.

The struggle for an equal number of states for each zone in the country should be pursued with vigour at this time, because we are collectively cheating the SE zone as a country with 5 states while others have 6 each.
Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by Ericology(m): 1:25pm On Mar 04, 2011
Eko Ile:

It really sucks to be ibo, den just dey play dem like football. We all no say na lie, na use den won use dem, but ibo people and their mumusim, na greed and foolishness dey think for them,

Well, they ain't never gonna learn

When i read some posters comments here, i try to remember what our yoruba or Hausa neighbors got by having one of their own as president, It seems they are just ok with having a fellow tribesman as the president just for the fun of it, The last time i checked, no Subway train runs in Yorubaland, no city in yoruba land has 24/7 light and water, yorubas are not enjoying free health care, all the Alabarus and Alayes of yorubaland are still around, Damn, this constant gloating abt producing presidents wanna make me throw up, The last time i checked, the SE has de lowest poverty rate, Moreover the president of the country where i live is not even blk like me but i enjoy every basic amenity, mschewwww
Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by egift(m): 1:27pm On Mar 04, 2011
^^ He is building relationship with SS? cry

At what cost to Ndigbo? The closest we ever got to the Presidency, he sold it to make friends with SS. Who told you we are at war?

The decision of Ohaneze under Prof Ralph Uwechue to endorse GEJ was very wrong and they was no good item he got for Ndigbo in that sellout/negotiation.

All hope is not lost. Ndi need to support Buhari in 2011 elections, WHY?
- In a level playing ground with a good leadership, an Igboman will be a front-runner.
- GJ do not have the capacity/will-power/strenght to offer Ndigbo anything good that may offend other region.
- With Buhari as president (though no zoning issue) Ndigbo will have a clean shot and a moral regard to be President in 2015.
- Buhari government will be good for the whole of Nigeria (irrespective of your region or religion).

Lest support and elect Buhari to put a stop on massive PDP corruption.
Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by 1025: 1:38pm On Mar 04, 2011
jonathan is always making statements and denying them so what difference does it make if his aid do same here? like president, like aides.
Re: President's Aide Denies Comments On Igbos by excanny: 1:44pm On Mar 04, 2011
Fire his arze! I cant stand his bigotry.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Sponsored By Libya, Chad, Niger And Northern Sudan. / Who Is The Best South-east Governor in terms of Delivery? / The Igbo Curse That Killed Yar'adua And Will Kill Buhari.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.