Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,302 members, 7,881,110 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:41 PM

I Need A Legal Advice Please - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Need A Legal Advice Please (417 Views)

Expert Commercial Litigation Lawyer To Offer Finest Independent Legal Advice / Legal Advice For Cash Recovery. / Fcmb Sex Scandal: Can A Ceo Date An Employee? A Legal Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Legal Advice Please by Kingsolar: 5:06pm On Oct 06, 2020
While I was in School within Abuja, Gtbank came to create awareness on opening account with them to which I did. I can't remember the year but more than five years ago. I have � operating the account all this while even after graduation. I graduated around 2015. I have being using the account till now. Late 2018 I noticed a second account on my GTworld mobile app carrying on my details, BVN, address phone number to which I never asked for. I became skeptical about it n keep monitoring my transactions n never made the mistake of using the account neither have I sent the account number to anyone. I have never transacted on the account ever since n due to my work I couldn't make it to bank until recently a customer was to transfer money to the account number he have being using i.e the account number I opened myself to which he told me he has done the transfer but I never saw the said amount reflecting on my account. I kept calling him to remind that I have not seen the Money n he insisted that he has done the transfer. So he suggested that he will go to the bank and print his account statement so that I can see because when he went to the bank the bank told him the money was in my account already until we kept dragging till he brought his account statement n I saw the transfer to my account n it didn't reflect. I went n printed my own account statement to which I never saw the said transfer. I later called him that we both should go to the bank together to confirm it to which we did. Only for the bank to show me the transferred Money in the second account and I told them I have never given anyone that account number so how comes the money went there n there was no explanation. I now asked the bank for why the account was opened without my consent or even a message to Inform me the manager told me the said account was automatic that the one I was using all this while is a student account and so they opened another one for me and I now asked them, if the said account is a student account why can't they convert it to the normal account instead of opening another, there was no reasonable explanation. I now asked the bank to print the account statement for me so that I can see the transactions so far on the account only for the bank to print the credit of the said amount and continuous debits of SMS charges from the inception of the opening of the account. SMS on account I have never operated or used, right now the account is running on less than #100. The bank refuse to refund the money and the Money was not my personal money but a company's money and I was asked to pay it. Please someone help me out.

1 Share

Re: I Need A Legal Advice Please by TheSERAPH: 5:10pm On Oct 06, 2020

Go to twitter and tag your bank.
They will do the needful.

#GODHaveMercy
#RepentHumans
#JESUSisComingSoon                 

2 Likes

Re: I Need A Legal Advice Please by thesicilian: 5:17pm On Oct 06, 2020
Just go back to the bank with a lawyer who's experienced in banking and corporate laws and you'll see them shivering. But then again, be sure that you didn't give them ''the right to create and operate a new account for you without further consent'' (which may have been buried in the terms and conditions we never read before signing) when you opened the initial student account.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Legal Advice Please by Davash222(m): 5:22pm On Oct 06, 2020
Who authorized the bank to open an account for you without your consent? That’s laxity and there should be consequences. Go to the bank on your worst behavior and create a scene. Go with someone to help you record the event.

2 Likes

Re: I Need A Legal Advice Please by DenreleDave(m): 5:34pm On Oct 06, 2020
undecided okay...

Kingsolar

If you are still a student, you can challenge this but if you are no more a student, then it may be hard.

Op, you opened a student account and they told u that they automatically opened a normal account for u..

1. If you went to the bank to update your details like submitting your any ID card apart from your student I.D, the bank has no right to upgrade your account, it has an exception Sha.

2. In relation to no 1 point, ur first acct was a student acct and u later graduated which mean you ain't a student again... So did u at anytime visit the bank with ur ID card and few details? If yes, they might have used it to upgrade your account to a normal account.

Note: Your student acct will still be active but any money sent to ur student acct will only reflect in your normal acct..

3. The bank alert you received: if you receive regular bank acct, then it is possible that ur student acct and normal account had sms activation on it and if i remember, Gtbank alert cost 4 naira per alert...

Note: In the right sense, the bank should have close down your student acct but they don't have the right, you are the one that shud approach them to close it for u.... Anyway I wud Blame you and I wudnt blame you...

Blame you: u shud av approached the bank the moment u stopped being a student and let them change ur acct to a normal acct coz student account has limitations.. The moment the transaction you receive on ur student account goes out of limit, I think that is why the bank upgraded It to a normal acct...

Not blame you: you didn't know.. You said u don't Have chance....

4. You have been using your student acct bcox both the student acct and your normal acct are seen as the same.. Any transactions that enters into ur students acct is taking to ur normal acct.. So nobody needs to know ur normal upgraded acct, the moment they send to ur student acct, it goes to your main acct....
So u probably went to print your statement of account in respect to the student acct that u held...

1 Like

Re: I Need A Legal Advice Please by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 06, 2020
Just send a complaint to CBN. Everything will be sorted out.

I remember when my bank account was debited with 35k. The debit alert showed the money was withdrawn from an ATM in China.
After all the filling of form and waiting for 45 days which is the standard waiting period Access bank told me I'll have to wait indefinitely for it to be sorted out.

The customer care lady in the bank was even telling me to be patient bla bla bla, that's after waiting 45 days.

Long story short I laughed and told her I'll involve the CBN. Less than 24 hours later I got a credit alert.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need A Legal Advice Please by DenreleDave(m): 5:49pm On Oct 06, 2020
Lalasticlala seun Dominique Mynd44.

Front page pls..

Let expert look into this..

Pocohantas.. Are you there
Re: I Need A Legal Advice Please by Freestainworld(m): 5:58pm On Oct 06, 2020
if my bank tries this nonsense with me, they will pay dearly for it.
Re: I Need A Legal Advice Please by Kingsolar: 9:44pm On Oct 06, 2020
DenreleDave:
undecided okay...

Kingsolar

If you are still a student, you can challenge this but if you are no more a student, then it may be hard.

Op, you opened a student account and they told u that they automatically opened a normal account for u..

1. If you went to the bank to update your details like submitting your any ID card apart from your student I.D, the bank has no right to upgrade your account, it has an exception Sha.

2. In relation to no 1 point, ur first acct was a student acct and u later graduated which mean you ain't a student again... So did u at anytime visit the bank with ur ID card and few details? If yes, they might have used it to upgrade your account to a normal account.

Note: Your student acct will still be active but any money sent to ur student acct will only reflect in your normal acct..

3. The bank alert you received: if you receive regular bank acct, then it is possible that ur student acct and normal account had sms activation on it and if i remember, Gtbank alert cost 4 naira per alert...

Note: In the right sense, the bank should have close down your student acct but they don't have the right, you are the one that shud approach them to close it for u.... Anyway I wud Blame you and I wudnt blame you...

Blame you: u shud av approached the bank the moment u stopped being a student and let them change ur acct to a normal acct coz student account has limitations.. The moment the transaction you receive on ur student account goes out of limit, I think that is why the bank upgraded It to a normal acct...

Not blame you: you didn't know.. You said u don't Have chance....

4. You have been using your student acct bcox both the student acct and your normal acct are seen as the same.. Any transactions that enters into ur students acct is taking to ur normal acct.. So nobody needs to know ur normal upgraded acct, the moment they send to ur student acct, it goes to your main acct....
So u probably went to print your statement of account in respect to the student acct that u held...

Money transferred on my student account still reflect there n not on the new account and I also called my account manager n she told me there was no such transaction on my account on the said date. How comes she wasn't aware of the new account

(1) (Reply)

If You Plan To Keep Money In Your Aza, Read This First / Breaking Just In: Eskimi Will Finally Shutdown In 2020 / Would You Rather Be Alone Or Surrounded By Annoying People?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.