Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,103 members, 7,890,652 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 05:40 PM

#endsars. My Opinion. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / #endsars. My Opinion. (196 Views)

Endsars: My MAPOLY SARS Experience / ENDSARS: My Short Interview With A Police Officer / #EndSars... My own sad encounter with them!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#endsars. My Opinion. by NameLess01: 6:08pm On Oct 06, 2020
A friend said that 80% of SARS victims are innocent victims and here is my reply.

When you say 80% can that statistic be verified? From my experience it's a NO but let it be that I'm amongst the 20% so that we can press further.

Know that majority of the wailers of #EndSARS are fraudsters while the minority are innocent victims. See it this way, before you chant #EndSARSBrutality why don't you chant #EndYahooBoys in Nigeria. From my heart I tell you, I would never place a vote to #EnsSARS and I'm not moved by the death of Yahoo boys because you can't weigh the number of lives, families, companies these guys have ruined with their fraudulent activities to the death of one true fraudster. A man after been scammed NGN14,000,000 drank sniper ending his life, a student I heard did same after she was scammed NGN100,000. If the perpetrators are apprehended tomorrow and shot by SARS, they don't deserve to be blinked an eye how much more a cry.

*My Experience*
My Lodge environment in school can be termed a "big man area" per say not because of the cost of rent- we pay same as others but because of many 3-storey buildings there. And up until the last one was completed and some guys from Hill top, UNN moved in SARS never neared the environment I stay in. But ever since those guys packed into the newly built 3-storey we've started knowing SARS.

See, let me tell you, most of the time SARS come to pick up guys in my Lodge and around I'm sleeping and they've not for once knocked on my door and of those times at least on 4 occasions I've passed by them even directing them in one and they've not taken me hostage or assaulted me. It was then I realized that these SARS guys know who they're looking for. You must note that the SARS you see on the road are but field agents there ARE SARS agents whose field is online to track down these fraudsters. So while the SARS online tracks fraudsters the SARS on ground carryout arrest after indictment. Most Yahoo boys are a-m-a-t-e-u-r, f-o-o-l-i-s-h and lacking discretion they chat with foreigners, visit stores on the dark web that's setup by SARS. The FBI does this a lot.

That said, I'm not saying that there aren't sometimes they apprehend wrongly but even if you're apprehended, anyone without a skeleton in his cupboard will follow them gently and they'll never deny you calling someone that'll bail you- with cash despite bail being free. What happens most of the time is that these fraudsters knowing they've skeletons in their cupboards resist, flee arrest for questioning because they know that they might not be so lucky in having a corruptible judge sit on their case so the fear of years behind bars puts them on the run. I believe you saw in the news of 3-4 Yahoo boys who rather than stop for search if they were innocent, decided to engage in a "Need For Speed" - car race- with SARS officials. It didn't end well as they transcended to the greater beyond because of an accident. Surely, in their case it's the fear of spending years behind bars if an incorruptible judge sits on their fraud case that propelled them to engage SARS in a car race. No innocent man, even an innocent fearful man won't do that.

Where I stay in Lagos, SARS don't dare try those established Igbo boys and men. They'll have them(SARS) arrested by a higher authority. These are young men, fathers who have busines tentacles spread across Nigeria. And they'll show you everything with proofs. What SARS do to such people is to say, "anything for your boy Sir"? because they know they've no case against you, and can loose their job for detaining someone on false accusation. But you come to a student, or a young graduate with no established business, no source of income, nothing yet driving a car of NGN5,000,000.00, using a phone of NGN500,000 e.t.c questions has to and must be asked because it isn't suppose to be so. When you ask them to explain with proof the source of their income they keep mum or show something shady hiding details. Why won't such a person be arrested?

Ban SARS! Ban this! Ban That! I laugh people wasting their time because SARS being present or absent a security outfit MUST be there to curb internet fraud-large and small scale- in Nigeria. What is to be done is that safer means of apprehending a suspect resisting, fleeing arrest is to be adopted rather than using live rounds on a man yet to be proven guilty. And even if guilty from all indications on ground should be taken to the law court for judgement not killed unlawfully.
Re: #endsars. My Opinion. by Blakjewelry(m): 6:20pm On Oct 06, 2020
NameLess01:
A friend said that 80% of SARS victims are innocent victims and here is my reply.

When you say 80% can that statistic be verified? From my experience it's a NO but let it be that I'm amongst the 20% so that we can press further.

Know that majority of the wailers of #EndSARS are fraudsters while the minority are innocent victims. See it this way, before you chant #EndSARSBrutality why don't you chant #EndYahooBoys in Nigeria. From my heart I tell you, I would never place a vote to #EnsSARS and I'm not moved by the death of Yahoo boys because you can't weigh the number of lives, families, companies these guys have ruined with their fraudulent activities to the death of one true fraudster. A man after been scammed NGN14,000,000 drank sniper ending his life, a student I heard did same after she was scammed NGN100,000. If the perpetrators are apprehended tomorrow and shot by SARS, they don't deserve to be blinked an eye how much more a cry.

*My Experience*
My Lodge environment in school can be termed a "big man area" per say not because of the cost of rent- we pay same as others but because of many 3-storey buildings there. And up until the last one was completed and some guys from Hill top, UNN moved in SARS never neared the environment I stay in. But ever since those guys packed into the newly built 3-storey we've started knowing SARS.

See, let me tell you, most of the time SARS come to pick up guys in my Lodge and around I'm sleeping and they've not for once knocked on my door and of those times at least on 4 occasions I've passed by them even directing them in one and they've not taken me hostage or assaulted me. It was then I realized that these SARS guys know who they're looking for. You must note that the SARS you see on the road are but field agents there ARE SARS agents whose field is online to track down these fraudsters. So while the SARS online tracks fraudsters the SARS on ground carryout arrest after indictment. Most Yahoo boys are a-m-a-t-e-u-r, f-o-o-l-i-s-h and lacking discretion they chat with foreigners, visit stores on the dark web that's setup by SARS. The FBI does this a lot.

That said, I'm not saying that there aren't sometimes they apprehend wrongly but even if you're apprehended, anyone without a skeleton in his cupboard will follow them gently and they'll never deny you calling someone that'll bail you- with cash despite bail being free. What happens most of the time is that these fraudsters knowing they've skeletons in their cupboards resist, flee arrest for questioning because they know that they might not be so lucky in having a corruptible judge sit on their case so the fear of years behind bars puts them on the run. I believe you saw in the news of 3-4 Yahoo boys who rather than stop for search if they were innocent, decided to engage in a "Need For Speed" - car race- with SARS officials. It didn't end well as they transcended to the greater beyond because of an accident. Surely, in their case it's the fear of spending years behind bars if an incorruptible judge sits on their fraud case that propelled them to engage SARS in a car race. No innocent man, even an innocent fearful man won't do that.

Where I stay in Lagos, SARS don't dare try those established Igbo boys and men. They'll have them(SARS) arrested by a higher authority. These are young men, fathers who have busines tentacles spread across Nigeria. And they'll show you everything with proofs. What SARS do to such people is to say, "anything for your boy Sir"? because they know they've no case against you, and can loose their job for detaining someone on false accusation. But you come to a student, or a young graduate with no established business, no source of income, nothing yet driving a car of NGN5,000,000.00, using a phone of NGN500,000 e.t.c questions has to and must be asked because it isn't suppose to be so. When you ask them to explain with proof the source of their income they keep mum or show something shady hiding details. Why won't such a person be arrested?

Ban SARS! Ban this! Ban That! I laugh people wasting their time because SARS being present or absent a security outfit MUST be there to curb internet fraud-large and small scale- in Nigeria. What is to be done is that safer means of apprehending a suspect resisting, fleeing arrest is to be adopted rather than using live rounds on a man yet to be proven guilty. And even if guilty from all indications on ground should be taken to the law court for judgement not killed unlawfully.
LOL I was about replying somebody here on Nairaland with same response but have to let so it won't seem like I am insensitive. Nigerians love evil hence evil is upon us
Re: #endsars. My Opinion. by Coder2Client(m): 6:21pm On Oct 06, 2020
I didn't read all of the write up but I want to ask you if you can tell us if the money SARS have collected from your assumed fraudsters were delivered to the authority? Can you give us one verifiable evidence that let SARS transfer money from your assumed fraudsters account to SARS account?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Abducted Ex-commisioner In Nasarawa State, Released! / Fastest Fingers....registered 2005 Toyota Corolla Le..1.3m / Business-man Files Lawsuit Against EFCC For Allegedly Seizing His Properties...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.