Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,072 members, 7,977,090 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 07:25 PM

Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death (30215 Views)

Ogun Commissioner Visits Woman Found With Dead Child, Promises To Support Them / Lady Raped To Death In Front Of A Church In Benue (Disturbing Photos) / Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by Anaerobi(m): 7:48am On Oct 07, 2020
what is sexual attracted in 11yrs old girl.
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by One4me: 7:48am On Oct 07, 2020
Ifesinachi22:
[s]Myths about sexual violence, which are often based on victim-blaming attitudes, are prevalent in our society. As a survivor or the loved one of a survivor, you may hear these myths from those around you. It’s important to understand that rape is never OK and it is never the fault of the survivor.

Myth 1: “It happened because you drank too much.”
Reality: No one deserves to be raped or abused. Intoxication is not an excuse for sexual assault. Drinking is not an invitation for sexual activity.

Myth 2: “Your clothes were too revealing.”
Reality: Similar to drinking, a person’s outfit is not indicative of desire for sexual activity. Clothing, or lack thereof, is not consent.

Myth 3: “You were leading them on.”
Reality: Whether or not you were romantically or sexually interested in a person, you do not owe the person anything. Flirting or perceptions of flirting are not indicative of an interest in engaging in sexual activity. In addition, consent can be retracted at any time.

Myth 4: “You should have fought back.”
Reality: Trauma triggers physical reactions that are not always controllable. Many sexual assault survivors experience tonic immobility, which is when the brain’s defense mechanism is to tell the body to freeze. It is not always possible to “fight back,” especially in situations when the assailant is bigger, stronger, or holds power (physical or mental).

Myth 5: “It’s not a big deal.”
Reality: You are the expert on your experience. No one gets to define the severity of your trauma but you. 

Myth 6: “You didn’t say no, so how were they supposed to know?”
Reality: Consent is not not saying no. Consent is an enthusiastic affirmation of sexual activity. You do not need to say no for it to be considered rape or sexual abuse.

Myth 7: “If you’re dating or married to them, it’s not considered rape.”
Reality: Many survivors of rape and sexual abuse were hurt by someone the they know, trust, or love. You do not owe your partner anything just because of your relationship status or previous consentual sexual experiences.

Myth 8: “If you experienced orgasm, it wasn’t rape.”
Reality: The body has physical reactions that are not always controllable. Natural lubrication, erection, ejaculation, or orgasms do not mean you enjoyed or consented to what happened. Someone can tickle you and you can hate it but still laugh.

Myth 9: “You can’t just decide not to have sex after they’re already turned on.”
Reality: Consent can be given or taken away at any time. Just because they’re turned on does not mean you owe them anything.

Myth 10: “It was your fault.”
Reality: Sexual violence is never the survivor’s fault. The only person to blame is the perpetrator.[/s]

UTTER RUBBISH!

You can turn around and call me names, but that does not change the Facts! undecided undecided
Stop posting this Rubbish all over the place

Those who raped this 11yr old girl MUST be fished out and Executed, no need to waste time on any trial

2 Likes

Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by omlueh(m): 7:49am On Oct 07, 2020
Justice must be served, all those involved in this barbaric act must be dealt with according to the Law of the land please no mercy whatsoever

1 Like

Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by MNDY(m): 7:49am On Oct 07, 2020
Ifesinachi22:
Myths about sexual violence, which are often based on victim-blaming attitudes, are prevalent in our society. As a survivor or the loved one of a survivor, you may hear these myths from those around you. It’s important to understand that rape is never OK and it is never the fault of the survivor.

Myth 1: “It happened because you drank too much.”
Reality: No one deserves to be raped or abused. Intoxication is not an excuse for sexual assault. Drinking is not an invitation for sexual activity.

Myth 2: “Your clothes were too revealing.”
Reality: Similar to drinking, a person’s outfit is not indicative of desire for sexual activity. Clothing, or lack thereof, is not consent.

Myth 3: “You were leading them on.”
Reality: Whether or not you were romantically or sexually interested in a person, you do not owe the person anything. Flirting or perceptions of flirting are not indicative of an interest in engaging in sexual activity. In addition, consent can be retracted at any time.

Myth 4: “You should have fought back.”
Reality: Trauma triggers physical reactions that are not always controllable. Many sexual assault survivors experience tonic immobility, which is when the brain’s defense mechanism is to tell the body to freeze. It is not always possible to “fight back,” especially in situations when the assailant is bigger, stronger, or holds power (physical or mental).

Myth 5: “It’s not a big deal.”
Reality: You are the expert on your experience. No one gets to define the severity of your trauma but you. 

Myth 6: “You didn’t say no, so how were they supposed to know?”
Reality: Consent is not not saying no. Consent is an enthusiastic affirmation of sexual activity. You do not need to say no for it to be considered rape or sexual abuse.

Myth 7: “If you’re dating or married to them, it’s not considered rape.”
Reality: Many survivors of rape and sexual abuse were hurt by someone the they know, trust, or love. You do not owe your partner anything just because of your relationship status or previous consentual sexual experiences.

Myth 8: “If you experienced orgasm, it wasn’t rape.”
Reality: The body has physical reactions that are not always controllable. Natural lubrication, erection, ejaculation, or orgasms do not mean you enjoyed or consented to what happened. Someone can tickle you and you can hate it but still laugh.

Myth 9: “You can’t just decide not to have sex after they’re already turned on.”
Reality: Consent can be given or taken away at any time. Just because they’re turned on does not mean you owe them anything.

Myth 10: “It was your fault.”
Reality: Sexual violence is never the survivor’s fault. The only person to blame is the perpetrator.

On consent, it has become a very powerful weapon used by women. A woman can still claim rape after she enjoyed a mutual sex with you.

I apologize on behalf of all men to this little angel wherever her spirit is. I am very sorry darling. You did not understand how you got caught up in it all. My heart is very heavy. I would kill the culprits if I could.

1 Like

Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by Gwagone: 7:51am On Oct 07, 2020
Yomit71:
IGBOS & RAPE EHN
Your point is....
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by Honeygold06(m): 7:54am On Oct 07, 2020
So sad
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by Hassanmaye(m): 7:54am On Oct 07, 2020
Just imagined this kind of wickedness,

1 Like

Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 07, 2020
Eleven years girl without breast yet some lowlifes still get aroused. Pathetic.

After drinking all manner of concoction the next available female is their victim.

1 Like

Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by One4me: 7:57am On Oct 07, 2020
MNDY:

On consent, it has become a very powerful weapon used by women. A woman can still claim rape after she enjoyed a mutual sex with you.

Human Emotions` are not like the Light-Bulb Switch!

SEX is an AGREEMENT/CONTRACT
between Two adults
How can you agree/contract to have sex with another party, start the process and then midway, just because you want to use leverage, you claim you withdraw Consent?
Is that how Contracts are broken? Does the other party not have a say, in the TERMINATION OF THE CONTRACT?[/b]
Just like the CONSENT was mutually AGREED, its termination also have to be mutually AGREED, no one party can unilaterally terminate a Contract, just to exercise leverage
Please, dont give Consent, when you know your intention is to withdraw it midway and use it for leverage otherwise you will blame yourself.
undecided undecided

*** Why are you apologising on behlaf of ALL MEN?
Is it ALL MEN that Raped her or are ALL MEN Rapist? ***
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by emekulous(m): 8:00am On Oct 07, 2020
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by Kingrefreshed: 8:00am On Oct 07, 2020
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by ajimotoke(m): 8:00am On Oct 07, 2020
So sad, too bad, some people are heartless cry cry
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by MNDY(m): 8:02am On Oct 07, 2020
With a very heavy heart, I apologize on behalf of all men to this little angel wherever her spirit is. I am very sorry. I would kill the culprits if I could. You did not deserve this at all, neither did you know what even happened. I AM VERY VERY SORRY AS A MAN.

1 Like

Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by chukwuibuipob: 8:02am On Oct 07, 2020
The criminals are still lurking around d area.They can run/hide.May death visit their camp
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by anonimi: 8:04am On Oct 07, 2020
jaybenugo:
Similarly, the Chairman Ejigbo LCDA, Hon Oloyede Monsuru Obe, donated two Toyota Siena Buses to Ejigbo Division to boost its operational engagements and provide adequate security for all residents in the Local Government Area.

Apart from this police donation, what is the score of the LCDA on the functions of the local government below?

CONSTITUTION OF THE
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

Fourth Schedule
Functions of a Local Government Council

1. The main functions of a local government council are as follows:

(a) the consideration and the making of recommendations to a State commission on economic planning or any similar body on -
(i) the economic development of the State, particularly in so far as the areas of authority of the council and of the State are affected, and
(ii) proposals made by the said commission or body;
(b) collection of rates, radio and television licences;
(c) establishment and maintenance of cemeteries, burial grounds and homes for the destitute or infirm;
(d) licensing of bicycles, trucks (other than mechanically propelled trucks), canoes, wheel barrows and carts;
(e) establishment, maintenance and regulation of slaughter houses, slaughter slabs, markets, motor parks and public conveniences;
(f) construction and maintenance of roads, streets, street lightings, drains and other public highways, parks, gardens, open spaces, or such public facilities as may be prescribed from time to time by the House of Assembly of a State;
(g) naming of roads and streets and numbering of houses;
(h) provision and maintenance of public conveniences, sewage and refuse disposal;
(i) registration of all births, deaths and marriages;

(j) assessment of privately owned houses or tenements for the purpose of levying such rates as may be prescribed by the House of Assembly of a State; and

(k) control and regulation of -

(i) out-door advertising and hoarding,
(ii) movement and keeping of pets of all description,
(iii) shops and kiosks,
(iv) restaurants, bakeries and other places for sale of food to the public,
(v) laundries, and
(vi) licensing, regulation and control of the sale of liquor.

2. The functions of a local government council shall include participation of such council in the Government of a State as respects the following matters -

the provision and maintenance of primary, adult and vocational education;
(b) the development of agriculture and natural resources, other than the exploitation of materials
(c) the provision and maintenance of health services; and
(d) such other functions as may be conferred on a local government council by the House of Assembly of the State.

Source: http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/documents/ConstitutionalMatters/1999Constitution/FourthSchedule.html

1 Like

Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by Suzie1(f): 8:04am On Oct 07, 2020
Yomit71:
IGBOS & RAPE EHN

Is this really necessary on this thread?
Do you guys that always bring tribe into everything are that insensitive?

Yomit71:

IGBO are now becoming goats, why raping the poor girl...why

I am ashamed of this comment. Not everything should be a joke or where to drag others.

Please be a good representative of yourself and whatever tribe you belong. Most importantly, the change we need in Nigeria begins with us!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by anonimi: 8:07am On Oct 07, 2020
Suzie1:
Is this really necessary on this thread?
Do you guys that always bring tribe into everything are that insensitive?

I am ashamed of this comment. Not everything should be a joke or where to drag others.

Please be a good representative of yourself and whatever tribe you belong. Most importantly, the change we need in Nigeria begins with us!

It is terrible how we shortchange ourselves with these tribal anger.
Thanks for flagging them.

anonimi:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/8917100_file577ba0662c663_jpega75dd3288fc902ecf4fdad92b09e4783

anonimi:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10052963_1404099759628228808010995492101526360405261485434298202222119560njpeg4a36d2a6e1be0fb8e542bdaadc6bc878jpegjpegf75f019415eb194eac0ea62036233172_jpegca211887ef5f133df6f617e99d9a1a87

1 Like

Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by gees101(m): 8:09am On Oct 07, 2020
çhaiii some people dey sick for dis country oh , why person go rape woman na, e cum go be small pikin ,11 years for DAT mata ? na wa oh
too bad angry
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by Blakpot: 8:12am On Oct 07, 2020
Yomit71:
IGBOS & RAPE EHN

U... U no get shame at all o.
Na this kind sensitive issue u dey bring tribalism?

Ur a disgrace to mankind!

Btw the incident happened in Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by foxxydude: 8:12am On Oct 07, 2020
id4sho:
wink

That's 3 full chicken with two small chicken laps and yam grin
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by MNDY(m): 8:16am On Oct 07, 2020
With a very heavy heart, I apologize as a man and on behalf of all men to this little angel wherever her spirit is. You did not deserve this, neither did you understand what even happened. I would kill the culprits if I could. I AM VERY SORRY AS A MAN.
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by Grandmeister(m): 8:17am On Oct 07, 2020
One4me:

Human Emotions` are not like the Light-Bulb Switch!

SEX is an AGREEMENT/CONTRACT
between Two adults
How can you agree/contract to have sex with another party, start the process and then midway, just because you want to use leverage, you claim you withdraw Consent?
Is that how Contracts are broken? Does the other party not have a say, in the TERMINATION OF THE CONTRACT?[/b]
Just like the CONSENT was mutually AGREED, its termination also have to be mutually AGREED, no one party can unilaterally terminate a Contract, just to exercise leverage
Please, dont give Consent, when you know your intention is to withdraw it midway and use it for leverage otherwise you will blame yourself.
undecided undecided

*** Why are you apologising on behlaf of ALL MEN?
Is it ALL MEN that Raped her or are ALL MEN Rapist? ***
I’ve had sex as an adult and so have most of us here...do you go around with a sexual agreement form in your pocket to sign with your would be sexual partner before having sex?? So what if the person decides tomorrow that it wasn’t consensual but the forensics showed there was indeed intercourse....who will the judge and public opinion believe? You know the answer to that question.
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by Bossose(m): 8:20am On Oct 07, 2020
Nice gesture from the police.
Sex offenders should get harsher punishment for their crime, rape is not just wicked but evil.
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by Roushy(m): 8:26am On Oct 07, 2020
What does this rubbish mean?�
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by joyandfaith: 8:36am On Oct 07, 2020
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by joyandfaith: 8:38am On Oct 07, 2020
Grandmeister:

I’ve had sex as an adult and so have most of us here...do you go around with a sexual agreement form in your pocket to sign with your would be sexual partner before having sex?? So what if the person decides tomorrow that it wasn’t consensual but the forensics showed there was indeed intercourse....who will the judge and public opinion believe? You know the answer to that question.

false rape allegation is very rare. the problem is that most men do not know what constitute rape
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by joyandfaith: 8:41am On Oct 07, 2020
One4me:

UTTER RUBBISH!

You can turn around and call me names, but that does not change the Facts! undecided undecided
Stop posting this Rubbish all over the place

Those who raped this 11yr old girl MUST be fished out and Executed, no need to waste time on any trial

what is rubbish in that?. do you have anything upstair?
you need to grow and learn about rape psychology
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by joyandfaith: 8:43am On Oct 07, 2020
MNDY:

I apologize on behalf of all men to this little angel wherever her spirit is. I am very sorry darling. You did not understand how you got caught up in it all. My heart is very heavy. I would kill the culprits if I could.

false rape allegation is very rare. I can conclude that you are a rapist

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Commits Suicide In Kaduna / Open Grazing Ban: 11 Southern States Fail To Meet Deadline, 6 Comply / Two Armed Robbers Disguising As Security Agents Arrested In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.