Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,545 members, 7,951,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 01:36 PM

Who Should Ask, 'Will You Marry Me?' - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Should Ask, 'Will You Marry Me?' (7380 Views)

Poll: Who should pop the question (propose marriage)?

The Man: 67% (73 votes)
The Woman: 4% (5 votes)
Doesn't Matter: 27% (30 votes)
This poll has ended

Why Do Ladies Cry When The Man Ask "Will You Marry Me" / 11 Questions Every Woman Should Ask Her Man / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Should Ask, 'Will You Marry Me?' by Macutie(f): 8:05am On Aug 11, 2007
The man should do the asking
Re: Who Should Ask, 'Will You Marry Me?' by fesse(f): 1:04pm On Aug 13, 2007
The guy is responsible of doing the asking. It looks cheap on the girl doing the asking.
It goes for the guy.
Re: Who Should Ask, 'Will You Marry Me?' by sirj2(m): 10:32am On Aug 17, 2007
Basically it is a duty of the guys to do that, well to all the guys lay down you pride cos it is a duty well all have to undertake. cheers guys.
Re: Who Should Ask, 'Will You Marry Me?' by yimiton(f): 11:58am On Aug 17, 2007
The man of course, if he's not man enough to ask, then, he should wear the white wedding gown and the lady the Armani suits! This is Naira Land oh, we are inculcated in the African culture.
Re: Who Should Ask, 'Will You Marry Me?' by Kajiang02(m): 4:54am On Aug 18, 2007
in an Archaic world, D woman, mIn a civilised world, Any
Re: Who Should Ask, 'Will You Marry Me?' by Benjamin01: 8:03pm On Aug 21, 2007
As for me, the man should be responsible enough to be the first to ask the question.

As for the ladies,it will look as though you are cheap.
Re: Who Should Ask, 'Will You Marry Me?' by pinkysegun(m): 10:45pm On Aug 21, 2007
na it shud b 7/30 men 70 n ladies d oda inshut 60/40 we both love each oda n not d male doin all d loving init
Re: Who Should Ask, 'Will You Marry Me?' by 2muchbar(m): 11:45am On Aug 22, 2007
nairaland ppls,i feel anybody shud just pop the question,after thinkin deep 'bout it
Re: Who Should Ask, 'Will You Marry Me?' by amaikama(m): 12:42pm On Aug 22, 2007
It's only in Naija that i come to find out things in a relationship is only for the men to ask but not for the ladies to ask. Now tell me, what the difference if a girl ask a guy if he would marry her? she want to know where the relationship is leading her to not that she is forcing him to marry her. If a girl ask me, would I marry her, "If am not a player and really do love the girl in questioned, i will give her my best answer and that will be, "yes i would love to marry you." and if in the cause of the relationship there is any circumstances hindering my plans in getting married to her, i will let her know soonest not to give her a wrong signal.

In most advance countries that we are all eager to learn their ways of life and still do, a girl will boastfully be admiring a guy, wishing one day he will say some thing nice to her. They will even go as professing their love for the guy even if he did not. But for naija babes, hmmm!!! chicken go grow teeth first. If ever a naija babe confess her love to you, check the time at which she is confessing those love words, circumstances and who the hell are you?
Re: Who Should Ask, 'Will You Marry Me?' by toplass(f): 1:49pm On Aug 22, 2007
anyone can ask ,this is to help them know their stand. if you don't get a positive reply , its up to u to decide whether to stay or leave
Re: Who Should Ask, 'Will You Marry Me?' by sima(f): 6:30am On Aug 26, 2008
i think d man should,
yea he should. . . . . angry
Re: Who Should Ask, 'Will You Marry Me?' by Mutee: 2:23am On Dec 06, 2009
THE MAN SHOULD DO THIS JOB OF ASKING,

AND THE LADY SHOULD BE PATIENT
Re: Who Should Ask, 'Will You Marry Me?' by Dolaapo(f): 5:20pm On Aug 05, 2010
Let me tell a story, (not sure if its fiction or true, also i might add or subtract from the story).
     Once upon a time, a boy and a girl became good friends during their freshman year. They dated each other (i am not sure whether there was sexual intimacy), through out their university days, the girl fell deeply in love with the guy.
     After graduation, they where still close and they saw each other regularly and talked on the phone. The guy didn't say anything about permanence with their relationship, but the girl (being a typical naija babe) didn't ask any questions, instead she was nursing high hopes that the guy will take the initiative to take the first step.
     Few years later (about 7 years, with the girl still hoping that she has found Mr. Right), the guy came to the girl's house to drop his wedding invitation to another girl. The girl fainted, when she became conscious, she almost went insane.
     The lesson of the story; if you are in a relationship (both males and females, but especially the females), don't hesitate to ask (in a non threatening way), about the future of the relationship, and be able to understand/discern the meaning of answers given (if na player you dey deal with). It is very important so that you don't waste valuable time with a relationship that has no future.
Re: Who Should Ask, 'Will You Marry Me?' by Omolola1(f): 5:37pm On Aug 05, 2010
guyz jo!
Re: Who Should Ask, 'Will You Marry Me?' by Vladislav(m): 10:37pm On Aug 05, 2010
exactly what iice said, whatever floats your boat, i doesn't matter who proposes, as long as it works out,
Re: Who Should Ask, 'Will You Marry Me?' by denny4ril: 8:39pm On Aug 09, 2010
the guy should be man enough to ask a lady to marry her but some guys are so shy especially the first time lovers. If a lady asks a guy to marry her, she will be taken as being cheap or forcing herself on a man. it is not an idea i will ever support. You can give him a sign an encourage him to ask but do not go ahead.
Re: Who Should Ask, 'Will You Marry Me?' by Akilokazeem(m): 6:22pm On May 28, 2012
It should be the man.....because if the woman ask, the man will take great advantage of her............
Re: Who Should Ask, 'Will You Marry Me?' by Mutee: 1:10am On Jun 25, 2012
amaikama: It's only in Naija that i come to find out things in a relationship is only for the men to ask but not for the ladies to ask. Now tell me, what the difference if a girl ask a guy if he would marry her? she want to know where the relationship is leading her to not that she is forcing him to marry her. If a girl ask me, would I marry her, "If am not a player and really do love the girl in questioned, i will give her my best answer and that will be, "yes i would love to marry you." and if in the cause of the relationship there is any circumstances hindering my plans in getting married to her, i will let her know soonest not to give her a wrong signal.

In most advance countries that we are all eager to learn their ways of life and still do, a girl will boastfully be admiring a guy, wishing one day he will say some thing nice to her. They will even go as professing their love for the guy even if he did not. But for naija babes, hmmm!!! chicken go grow teeth first. If ever a naija babe confess her love to you, check the time at which she is confessing those love words, circumstances and who the hell are you?

Well said

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How 2 Know Who Loves You For Real? / When Its 3am But You Are Trying To Squeeze In One More Episode (PHOTO) / Who Is The Most Handsome Guy On Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.