Stats: 3,178,892 members, 7,906,327 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 09:11 AM

92 Nigerians Repatriated From Britain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 92 Nigerians Repatriated From Britain (1436 Views)

The 92 Armed Herdsmen Arrested By Soldiers At Check-points (Photos) / $200 Billion To Be Repatriated Back To Nigeria From Dubai In Few Days / Breaking News Ameachi And His Assembly Men Apply For Asylum From Britain (2) (3) (4)

92 Nigerians Repatriated From Britain by r231(m): 11:15am On Mar 04, 2011
Ninety-two Nigerians who were deported by the British government, on Thursday landed at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos.

The Nigerians who arrived the Lagos airport aboard a chartered plane with registration number 509 at about 9.00am, consist of 77 males and 15 females. “Two of them were brought home on drug related cases, four of them on police cases, while the rest were on immigration offenses,” said an immigration source at the international airport who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Deportees lament new law

A few deportees contacted by NEXT at the Nigerian Aviation Handling Company (NAHCO) premises, expressed sadness at a new law put in place by the British government, explaining that the initiative has led to the “massive deportation” embarked upon by the government.

A female deportee who insisted on giving only her first name, Ann, said that she: “I am being frustrated, I can’t do anything now. I have been in detention for over one week before I was deported. I have been in London since 2004.

“I have always been renewing my documents until now that I was deported because it is their new law that Nigerians should be repatriated back. I have everything including cars, and I work in a good place; but even people that have children were also repatriated from London,” she said.

A male deportee described the move by the British government as one that is bias, stressing that the government is being conservative.

“In fact, the British government is bad and very conservative, they don’t like Nigerians; we were being deported irrespective of the fact that most of us have our documents,” he explained.

“Like myself, I have been in detention for three months before I was finally deported. I went to London to study Electrical Engineering and after I finished my study, I decided to stay in the UK up till now that I was deported,” he said

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5681335-146/story.csp
Re: 92 Nigerians Repatriated From Britain by buzugee(m): 4:44pm On Mar 04, 2011
what new law has the govt put in place to deport nigerians ? or are thse guys just fibbing ?
Re: 92 Nigerians Repatriated From Britain by Time2Think(f): 4:55pm On Mar 04, 2011
r231:

Ninety-two Nigerians who were deported by the British government, on Thursday landed at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos.

The Nigerians who arrived the Lagos airport aboard a chartered plane with registration number 509 at about 9.00am, consist of 77 males and 15 females. “Two of them were brought home on drug related cases, four of them on police cases, while the rest were on immigration offenses,” said an immigration source at the international airport who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Deportees lament new law

A few deportees contacted by NEXT at the Nigerian Aviation Handling Company (NAHCO) premises, expressed sadness at a new law put in place by the British government, explaining that the initiative has led to the “massive deportation” embarked upon by the government.

A female deportee who insisted on giving only her first name, Ann, said that she: “I am being frustrated, I can’t do anything now. I have been in detention for over one week before I was deported. I have been in London since 2004.

“I have always been renewing my documents until now that I was deported because it is their new law that Nigerians should be repatriated back. I have everything including cars, and I work in a good place; but even people that have children were also repatriated from London,” she said.

A male deportee described the move by the British government as one that is bias, stressing that the government is being conservative.

“In fact, the British government is bad and very conservative, they don’t like Nigerians; we were being deported irrespective of the fact that most of us have our documents,” he explained.

“Like myself, I have been in detention for three months before I was finally deported. I went to London to study Electrical Engineering and after I finished my study, I decided to stay in the UK up till now that I was deported,” he said

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5681335-146/story.csp

What a load of crap. I am Nigerian. I just renewed my documents. What new law is in place to deport Nigerians? Bull crap. If you like stay in Britain for 67 years without papers, one day one day when they catch up with you, you are a gonna.

You have everything including cars, but you dont have a single piece of paper that matters more than cars.

Stop telling us stories.
Re: 92 Nigerians Repatriated From Britain by otokx(m): 4:59pm On Mar 04, 2011
They should deport those who have no business staying in the UK.
Re: 92 Nigerians Repatriated From Britain by hugooh42(m): 5:11pm On Mar 04, 2011
[quote][/quote]A female deportee who insisted on giving only her first name, Ann, said that she: “I am being frustrated, I can’t do anything now. I have been in detention for over one week before I was deported. I have been in London since 2004.

Having lived in the Uk for 7years, i guess you should count yourself lucky.I am sure you must have saving back home just go on and start a business here.No need lamenting.
Re: 92 Nigerians Repatriated From Britain by Time2Think(f): 5:19pm On Mar 04, 2011
LOL. I wonder.
Re: 92 Nigerians Repatriated From Britain by sanya404(m): 5:47pm On Mar 06, 2011
PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW THAT THEY COULD BE REMOVED FROM THE UK AT ANY TIME IF THEY DO NOT HOLD THE RIGHT DOCUMENT, I WAS ALSO IN SAME SITUATION LAST YEAR, I GOT JAILED FOR FRAUD BY FALSE REPRESENTATIVES. AND WAS SENTENCED TO 2YEARS IN JAIL. AFTER MY SENTENCE, I WAS GOING TO BE DEPORTED BUT I APPEALED THE DECISION TO DEPORT ME BY THE SECRETARY OF STATE. LUCKILY FOR ME, MY APPEAL WAS ALLOWED. AND NOW I HAVE A RESIDENCE PERMIT, HOWEVER BEFORE I WAS ARRESTED,I ONLY HAD A VISITING VISA. WHICH MEANS THAT I WONT HAVE GOT A RESIDENCE PERMIT IF I DIDNT DO A CRIME,
Re: 92 Nigerians Repatriated From Britain by sanya404(m): 5:50pm On Mar 06, 2011
MOREOVER I SHOULD SAY THANK YOU TO MY OYINBO GAL, BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE BEEN DEPORTED IF NOT FOR MY OYINBO AND MY DAUGHTER,
Re: 92 Nigerians Repatriated From Britain by obowunmi(m): 6:08pm On Mar 06, 2011
Thanks to oyinbo pussy for letting you stay in jand.
Re: 92 Nigerians Repatriated From Britain by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 06, 2011
Is the oyinbo girl on nairaland? And her name is oyinbo girl? Abi na country and race couples dey take refer to each other now eg my congolese guy, my egyptian fiance, my seychelles booty call. Certainly helps with quick identification i must say.
Re: 92 Nigerians Repatriated From Britain by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 06, 2011
My point is why thank your oyinbo girl on nl instead of at home. Am i missing something.
Re: 92 Nigerians Repatriated From Britain by 197(f): 10:01pm On Mar 06, 2011

Tpiah is here again!!
Re: 92 Nigerians Repatriated From Britain by seyibrown(f): 3:33am On Mar 07, 2011
^^^^^I no fit laugh o! grin

Pres. Obama's Car Gets Stuck In Ireland - Very Embarrassing Video - Dont Watch / Would You Rather Have Nigeria's National Language Be Swahili Or English? / A Masterpiece From Kate Henshaw-nuttal On Fuel Subsidy