Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,549 members, 7,921,088 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 05:38 PM

A Friend Has Been Scammed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Friend Has Been Scammed (926 Views)

Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. / I Think My Husband Scammed Me / How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Friend Has Been Scammed by kravy: 3:15pm On Oct 07, 2020
So a very close friend of mine was recently scammed online.. She agreed with someone she has done some transactions with before to send her some goods, the guy asked her to make payment of 500k..half a million

After she made the payment, the guy blocked her numbers....and refused talking to her..

But he's number is still active. She has his account details too..

Please we need suggestions on how to go about it..

She already contacted her bank but their response have not been encouraging
Re: A Friend Has Been Scammed by thorpido(m): 3:24pm On Oct 07, 2020
Report to the police and make a report to EFCC too.
Re: A Friend Has Been Scammed by santakris(m): 3:26pm On Oct 07, 2020
Have you mistakenly or greedily sent 50k to get 100k in 5 minutes and then later realized that you have been scammed?

And the scammer even went on to rub your ignorance on your face too??

Good news to you!

Please follow the below steps and pray fervently too....

HOW TO RETRIEVE YOUR MONEY AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED.

I am sharing a knowledge today on "Tips on how to retrieve your money after you have been scammed".

Please read careful and learn.

20% of social media users and shoppers have been scammed at one point or the other, either large bucks or small money and It's quite painful.

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

1. Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging app (IG and WhatsApp or FB).

2. Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.

3. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

4. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

5. If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer, and submit it.

While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng) this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. His BVN will be blocked permanently. No account will ever be opened neither will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank.

Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

Endeavour to Share with Friends and Family.

#Copied

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Friend Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 07, 2020
kravy:
So a very close friend of mine was recently scammed online.. She agreed with someone she has done some transactions with before to send her some goods, the guy asked her to make payment of 500k..half a million

After she made the payment, the guy blocked her numbers....and refused talking to her..

Why would ur friend do such a thing? So careless of her.
Re: A Friend Has Been Scammed by ogbe1983: 4:14pm On Oct 07, 2020
kravy:

give her this WhatsApp number he should be able to help 08037111012
Re: A Friend Has Been Scammed by Mariangeles(f): 4:16pm On Oct 07, 2020
Nigerians keep getting worse and worse.

ArewaOduduwaBia:

Why would ur friend do such a thing? So careless of her.

No, she wasn't being too careless, but it was a matter of trust in integrity, which many Nigerians lack.
Do you know that when you order for goods from China, you've to pay the complete fee before the seller will send your goods to the shipping company?

1 Like

Re: A Friend Has Been Scammed by DenreleDave(m): 7:11pm On Oct 07, 2020
kravy:

The blind cannot lead the blind, same as a dumb fellow..

Report to the bank first.. U shud not even come to nairaland to ask first b4 u do it... Haba, why are u like this na.. If the bank is not responding, stop to the bank tmao morning.. If she needs us to start madness at the bank, we will..

Pls run to the bank, go to twitter and upload details, tag the bank efcc cbn police and co

2ndly, pls Post the guy details here... His pictures and everything..

Mods pls don't ban me, I am just angry that the OP didn't take some step first b4 coming on nairaland... Pls it is no insult, plsss

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Has Been Scammed by faithfull18(f): 8:50pm On Oct 07, 2020
Go to the bank, although we know you will be asked to get a court order before they do anything.

You will still spend money to recover the money, this country is just somehow.
Re: A Friend Has Been Scammed by Mleeperbother: 1:23pm On Oct 08, 2020
Nawa o
Re: A Friend Has Been Scammed by HotPoundedYam(m): 10:15pm On Oct 08, 2020
report to his bank fraud desk

(1) (Reply)

Im Having A Suicidal Thought. Im A Mother Of 4 / 6 Seater Dinning Set 70k / Which Loan App Can Give Me Stress Free Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.