Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,364 members, 7,937,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 01:27 PM

Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO (48342 Views)

Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges / FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic / Why Onitsha Port And Baro Port Can't Function For Now (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by Freestainworld(m): 10:07am On Oct 08, 2020
brightleave:
did y equally mean that it is bad for people of north east, south south.....?
don't misquote me, Easterners are major importers, having the port will ease them the stress of going through Lagos to import goods, in other words it will benefit them more including other regions who wishes to use it.
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by salveoP(m): 10:12am On Oct 08, 2020
guru90:

Calm down #Team_Hater Na poco by poco (little by little).
. So anyone who has a contrary opinion is now a hater? Smh...
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by yb43(m): 10:19am On Oct 08, 2020
You people should stop faking what is not Legit pls
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by mamaafrik(m): 10:20am On Oct 08, 2020
TechyMm0:

It's about 40 hecters around Akinyele, moniya side... The lands have already been cleared and some structures popping up, especially the Standard guarge rail lines and the Mega Rail Station

Perhaps if I go around the place soon I might get you some pics
waagbayi uncle

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 08, 2020
Don't be deceived, that is only wash. If there should be a port it should be at porthacourt. That one at onitsha is just a trick. Can a river contain a ship.

Common sense
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by AlphaT1(m): 10:28am On Oct 08, 2020
Fleshly:

Good! But I hope it is sustained. They also need to dredge the river more, in order to allow heavier vessels
Well, No vessel can come to Onitsha Port for now, that river is not navigable... forget the fake news. They are using trucks and Barges to convey containers from Onne to Onitsha.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by bravehost4u(m): 10:31am On Oct 08, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:
PMB doesn't want 3rd term. But it shows you are a good person with a very.god heart for appreciating this. Unlike some never do well in life, that their brains is full of nothing but poo!

I am Igbo, I will vote Buhari anytime and day.
Honestly, his intentions are pure and good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by Ngorbungor(m): 10:34am On Oct 08, 2020
wink2015:
What is happening to Warri port?

Federal government must allow states to run ports in Nigeria.

when 50% to 70% of cargo from Lagos goes to the east, then the government has no choice to activate Onitsha Port to decongest Lagos port and save our road, So my point is Warri, residents need to build more capacity for there port to be viable

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by AlphaT1(m): 10:36am On Oct 08, 2020
bekanuel:
�����
For the first time I'm actually happy with this administration
Lolz...if only you have a full grasp of what's on ground, you would wait first...and jubilate later. Onitsha River abi na River Niger is not navigable by vessels...They are conveying containers from Onne Port to Onitsha on trucks and barges....I will leave it here for now...We shall analyze it in "dept" later.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by biggy26: 10:49am On Oct 08, 2020
Okoroawusa:
What is happening?

I Love PMB
Love wetin? Na Chinese force their hand. China wants to restructure Nigeria by force.
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by Elvinci101: 10:50am On Oct 08, 2020
groovie:
Smh. Nigerians really need education in basic economics. Politicians will continue to use Nigerians to catch cruise for a long long time.

* Only shallow draft vessels can berth at this port
Which means that even if the port starts working 100% it will still be skeletal in terms of port operations.
* Till tomorrow you can't clear certain items at onne port. eg cars. Any item you can't clear from onne port cannot be barged to this port.
* Water way security in these parts will still remain a problem.
* The best option that can decongest Lagos ports is to
1) Have a functional railway from Apapa to major cities in Nigeria
2) Complete Akwa ibom deep sea port.
3) Remove blocks so as to allow investors come into port operations. By blocks i mean certain retrogressive laws by NPA.

To be honest with you this onitsha port will not produce the required economic boost until certain systematic blockages are sorted out. Please let's leave fanfare and focus on real issues.

You're as dumb as hell. You think you're are intelligent but you're an OLODO extra ordinate. Early this year one of the biggest container ship operated by MAERSK line berthed Onne port.
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by Ngorbungor(m): 10:50am On Oct 08, 2020
Freestainworld:
don't misquote me, Easterners are major importers, having the port will ease them the stress of going through Lagos to import goods, in other words it will benefit them more including other regions who wishes to use it.

They don't know why we are happy, and they will not understand.
for example Onitsha has the largest destribution networks in Nigeria, Onitsha services almost all the northern states southeast and South South states in electronics, spare part, clothing etc, and these items are shipped in containers to Lagos, pay tax in Lagos and transported Onitsha or ABA, so now we are going to receive our containers in Onitsha, pay our tax in Onitsha, more servicing company will come, more jobs for its people etc, is that not something to be happy about.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by thatigboman: 10:50am On Oct 08, 2020
TechyMm0:
cool

Buhari setting his priorities right, and changing Nigeria in a brutal forceful way, like a wicked General

So it truly means for 16 years especially 6 years of Jonathan, they were just decieving Ibos

If his rail revolution, Baro and River Niger port, Ajaokuta, lisenced private modular refineries, Mabila dam all go into full swing

Even PDP would thank him

If nobody thanked Buhari , let me personally unbehalf of my family and my self thank him for Lagos , Abeokuta, Ibadan Rail Line and the Ibadan Dry Port, everytime I see the train couches and works ongoing at the stations I feel abit of pride

delusion of the highest order. u need to visit a psychiatrist.
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by k2money(m): 10:54am On Oct 08, 2020
FarahAideed:

Back to sender ... Now apologize to me

https://www.nairaland.com/6167365/maersk-refutes-claims-onitsha-inland#94721706
Bleep off enemy of progress, the second Niger bridge � that was how you are bringing fake news and fake screenshot to about it. If you don't change may what you wish Nigeria fall on you.
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by thatigboman: 10:54am On Oct 08, 2020
FarahAideed:
Don't fall for BMC propaganda please , there is no proof thats onitsha port ...You can't just snap one container storage in Alaba and come here to claim its onitsha
God bless you
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by Ngorbungor(m): 10:55am On Oct 08, 2020
AlphaT1:

Lolz...if only you have a full grasp of what's on ground, you would wait first...and jubilate later. Onitsha River abi na River Niger is not navigable by vessels...They are conveying containers from Onne Port to Onitsha on trucks and barges....I will leave it here for now...We shall analyze it in "dept" later.

Oga say what you have to say now or remain silent forever, you think you are smarter or knowledgeable than the company that is driving this idea. if you don't have anything to say just keep quiet and don't be enemy of progress

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by FarahAideed: 10:57am On Oct 08, 2020
k2money:

Bleep off enemy of progress, the second Niger bridge � that was how you are bringing fake news and fake screenshot to about it. If you don't change may what you wish Nigeria fall on you.

I wish Greatness and Prosperity on Nigeria
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by Ngorbungor(m): 11:00am On Oct 08, 2020
okochaik:
Don't be deceived, that is only wash. If there should be a port it should be at porthacourt. That one at onitsha is just a trick. Can a river contain a ship.

Common sense

Olodo ra ba ta, do you think we are as dumb as you? or you think we don't know how our surroundings look like? if you have been to Onitsha especially the Berger main yard, you don't need anybody to tell you that is Onitsha from the video and the pictures, because they neighbours

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by AnanseK(m): 11:00am On Oct 08, 2020
FarahAideed:
Don't fall for BMC propaganda please , there is no proof thats onitsha port ...You can't just snap one container storage in Alaba and come here to claim its onitsha

Typical IPOB mindset, continue hating but hatred is a disease like cancer.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by Chirowman(m): 11:02am On Oct 08, 2020
Buhari is working ,we need more of this developments .at least 3 functional seaport in Nigeria will give raise to more development and jobs

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by FarahAideed: 11:04am On Oct 08, 2020
AnanseK:

Typical IPOB mindset, continue hating but hatred is a disease like cancer.

Who has hatred in his heart more the El Buhari
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by k2money(m): 11:11am On Oct 08, 2020
dival247:
Pls let some in onitsha to confirm it first. Never believe any thing u see on internet. Pls Igbo should confirm pls
what did they confirm to you when the news of 2nd Niger bridge broke out?
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by k2money(m): 11:15am On Oct 08, 2020
updatedws:
it pains me when I hear people give PMB credit for this port.

why credit the man? how much did the fg spend on this port? nothing.

the port has been existing for years. npa just made a decision to open the port because Lagos is now overcrowded.

making the east better was never d plan here. stop giving d old man credit for what he knows nothing about.

ok make I shock u, Buhari does not know the Onitsha port has been commissioned for use. the man is senile and knows not what's happening.

the congestion of Lagos necessitated this move. containers in Lagos are competing with humans for space.

I repeat, fg did not invest a dime on this.

if u want to talk about Buhari working, then talk about the billions of dollars he borrowed to build railway connecting the north to Niger. now that's work. a lopsided work by a lopsided government.

note, am not an Ipob.
just an observer pointing out facts to people who have failed to see beyond their nose!
You can only fool yourself not me.
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by sorepco(m): 11:16am On Oct 08, 2020
Jonathan was 96% almost thu with this na

Okoroawusa:
What is happening?

I Love PMB
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by KELVIN84171: 11:17am On Oct 08, 2020
TechyMm0:
cool

Buhari setting his priorities right, and changing Nigeria in a brutal forceful way, like a wicked General

So it truly means for 16 years especially 6 years of Jonathan, they were just decieving Ibos

If his rail revolution, Baro and River Niger port, Ajaokuta, lisenced private modular refineries, Mabila dam all go into full swing

Even PDP would thank him

If nobody thanked Buhari , let me personally unbehalf of my family and my self thank him for Lagos , Abeokuta, Ibadan Rail Line and the Ibadan Dry Port, everytime I see the train couches and works ongoing at the stations I feel abit of pride

You are very foolish, the heat from ipob is awakening them, for years they never did it now they are doing it because ipob have opened the eyes of everybody, why was it shut down at the first place huh!
They’re afraid of disintegration of Nigeria, the airport that they deceived us in emene Enugu, have you looked at it, nonsense, incomplete project, now they have come again to deceive the people again with this shit. We know the Nigerian government okay, they so much hate the East and we know that. BIAFRA IS THE ONLY HOPE FOR THE PEOPLE, BIAFRA IS THE RESURRECTION OF AFRICA!
WE WANT A COUNTRY WE LOVE NOT A COUNTRY WE ARE BEEN FORCED TO LOVE!

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by TechyMm0: 11:19am On Oct 08, 2020
KELVIN84171:

You are very foolish, the heat from ipob is awakening them, for years they never did it now they are doing it because ipob have opened the eyes of everybody, why was it shut down at the first place huh!
They’re afraid of disintegration of Nigeria, the airport that they deceived us in emene Enugu, have you looked at it, nonsense, incomplete project, now they have come again to deceive the people again with this shit. We know the Nigerian government okay, they so much hate the East and we know that. BIAFRA IS THE ONLY HOPE FOR THE PEOPLE, BIAFRA IS THE RESURRECTION OF AFRICA!
WE WANT A COUNTRY WE LOVE NOT A COUNTRY WE ARE BEEN FORCED TO LOVE!

Of calling a stranger foolish was how your parents raised you then am sorry for your upbringings. Didn't even bother reading the rest of your gibrish

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by k2money(m): 11:24am On Oct 08, 2020
chinazaJoshua:
The fear of BiafraExit is the beginning of wisdom. This is what should have been done from the onset to douse tension. This govt. and previous govts. ignore several letters of protests by IPOB to put these things in place to ensure inclusion in the Nigeria project but they ignored it.
To add insults to injuries FG went further to slaughter thousands of youth protesting for secession, unconditional release of MNK and good governance.
We Biafran have gone too far to drop our agitation for Sovereign state of Biafra at least for the sake of our heros murdered in cold blood for no just cause.
Negotiations on putting issues raised in place previously would have solved all these problems but PMB was daft. He even went further to unlawfully arrest, detain MNK thereby helping to make our movement a global phenomenon.
Am sure you are not an igbo man but a paid slowpoke to paint buhari black. The gods of our land will punish you for this I swear by all imọlẹ.
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by k2money(m): 11:33am On Oct 08, 2020
FarahAideed:

I wish Greatness and Prosperity on Nigeria
Let people know it not by bringing bad news and selling it to people and condemns any good news
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by TruthinAction: 11:38am On Oct 08, 2020
TechyMm0:
cool

Even PDP would thank him

All the seemingly good works of this administration is absolute nonsense as long as the killings of defenseless Nigerians especially the Christians goes unchecked.

I will only begin to praise this government if they honestly tackle our security challenges. Every life matters.
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by nzeval(m): 11:40am On Oct 08, 2020
All our thanks should be go to Hon. IFEANYI IBEZI ex.member of National Assembly. Who bring out the motion at floor of green chambers. Immediately after the motion was deliberated they started looking into the process and here we are today. It's very obvious that the young man was sacked last year by gang up of PDP and Co. But his lagacy was there. My kudos to Hon. IFEANYI IBEZI.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rare Picture Of Niger Bridge In Onitsha / Truckload Of Beer Crashes In Akwa Ibom, Residents Get Free Beer / Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.