Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,147 members, 7,880,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:03 PM

FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line (22107 Views)

Rotimi Amaechi Inspects Port-Harcourt - Maiduguri Rail Line (Photos & Video). / Extend Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Rail Line To Chad, President Deby Tells Buhari / FG Approves $3.02bn For Port Harcourt- Maiduguri Rail Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Sulogy2255: 10:38am On Oct 08, 2020
Nice one �
will help to revive the economy
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by desiredhome: 10:39am On Oct 08, 2020
OJay360:
I dey house for over 7 months, time dey go, age dey go, I even dey hope to write another Jamb because I nor like my present course, dey tell me say if I fit make 1st class for the present year dem go transfer me go my dream course, now everything is falling apart, my brain sef is dead because Fg cannot meet ASUU demands to end the strike but they can useless 3bn dollars to build railway(no be say na metro).
It is well, but the truth must be told......
In Nigeria every one is talking about self, no one cares about others...... when I heard the amount Federal government gave to state school board for counterpart founding and yet nothing is working.....they gave them money for teachers training....all had entered voicemail......

If we care about others in this country things will work out......
Meanwhile if some of your political appointees leaves office without his big mansions, exotic cars etc.....you will hear same youths shouting/insulting him....."Mumu man, a failed man etc"
On till we start asking questions of how people gets/make their money instead of worshipping them because of money our country will not be good....

2 Likes

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by shiwex: 10:39am On Oct 08, 2020
WHOcarex:
Na wa o. I thought this was a good news until I started reading comments.

Now, I'm confused
There is some very important fact that has not been disclosed in this article and that is the proposed east to north line is a narrow guage which in this modern day is useless. Dont be deceived guys, The standard guage worldwide is Standard guage. Who builds narrow guage in this day and age. Moreover the rest of Nigeria is getting Standard guage.
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by shiwex: 10:39am On Oct 08, 2020
Sulogy2255:
Nice one �
will help to revive the economy

There is some very important fact that has not been disclosed in this article and that is the proposed east to north line is a narrow guage which in this modern day is useless. Dont be deceived guys, The standard guage worldwide is Standard guage. Who builds narrow guage in this day and age. Moreover the rest of Nigeria is getting Standard guage.
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Nyanabo(m): 10:40am On Oct 08, 2020
Realtalk20:

Not when the roads are built to standard!! Have you never been outside Nigeria ?

This is a waste . We don't need trains

I then wonder the 'outside Nigeria' you have been to with this your statement.

Trains till tomorrow remains the cheapest and cost efficient means of transportation both for people and goods. Even developed countries with the best of roads network also have railway lines within the country & linking them to other countries .

But can the politicians in nigeria deliver their audiof promise despite the billions they approve for the construction ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Biodun556(m): 10:41am On Oct 08, 2020
SmartPolician:

Then they should finance their railway not Nigeria

The will use Lagos port. And they have alternative which Benin Republic so Nigeria is competing

Apart from that, ECOWAS has decided to connect all members state with rail so they are all involved
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by AmazingELixir: 10:41am On Oct 08, 2020
lipsrsealed

Why narrow gauge can'tthey make it a standard gauge.. and whatever happened to the eastern rail line project from Calabar to Lagos.

1 Like

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by SocialJustice: 10:43am On Oct 08, 2020
What is the economic importance of linking Port Harcourt to Maiduguri? Why not take that $3b to complete rail transport in Lagos.
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by geletor: 10:44am On Oct 08, 2020
Romanoff:

I understand. But my point is, what economic value does it add to extend the rail as far as Maiduguri?

I think you should read the original post again. This time check where it said "Reconstruct" not "Construct".Thanks!
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Engrgabi: 10:45am On Oct 08, 2020
amaechi don hammer
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by themaestro08(m): 10:45am On Oct 08, 2020
Coldie:

Buhari could just decided to act like obasanjo and waste 8years stealing money and nothing will happen.

His achievements are here for all to see

K
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by themaestro08(m): 10:45am On Oct 08, 2020
Coldie:

Buhari could just decided to act like obasanjo and waste 8years stealing money and nothing will happen.

His achievements are here for all to see

Kindly name those achievements, am curious.
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 10:46am On Oct 08, 2020
Good one if only it can be achieved..... Guess their reason is for the railway to pass through several states before reaching far North.....
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by blacknp(m): 10:46am On Oct 08, 2020
OJay360:
Lol, so that boko haram can now come to the south through train, idiots dey waste money like fools, I'm not into all these apc and pdp matters but is this not bad enough? what will it profit you to build a railway from Ph to a war torn state with over 3 billion naira and you can't settle ASUU so we can resume school

Edit: Chaiii na even 3b dollars, I guess this was what Saudi Arabia did that made them great today since they like comparing us with the Saudis
If you have nothing sensible to contribute, please shut up.

1 Like

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by SmartPolician: 10:46am On Oct 08, 2020
Biodun556:

The will use Lagos port. And they have alternative which Benin Republic so Nigeria is competing

Apart from that, ECOWAS has decided to connect all members state with rail so they are involved

Nigeria needs to expand its port capacity before lobbying neighboring nations to start using its ports....this is called planning.

Apapa is already a chaos even though Tin Can is primarily serving Nigerians....now imagine what would happen when other countries start using it.

The ports in Onne, Calabar and Warri are not operating at full capacities yet the government turns a blind eye on it, allowing almost everyone to import through the Lagos
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Coldie(m): 10:46am On Oct 08, 2020
Eastlink:
Good one from the President. When the all the major infrastructures are complete, Nigeria will become a giant land replete with industrial revolution.
I want it to happen south Africans and Ghanians don insult us too much
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Coldie(m): 10:48am On Oct 08, 2020
SmartPolician:

Nigeria needs to expand its port capacity before lobbying neighboring nations to start using its ports....this is called planning.

Apapa is already a chaos even though Tin Can is primarily serving Nigerians....now imagine what would happen when other countries start using it.

The ports in Onne, Calabar and Warri are operating at full capacities yet the government turns a blind eye on it, allowing almost everyone to import through the Lagos
The reason people prefer Lagos ports has more to do with the people in the eastern coasts.

The coasts of the south south is very insecure and volatile.

1 Like

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Biodun556(m): 10:48am On Oct 08, 2020
SmartPolician:

The ports in Onne, Calabar and Warri are operating at full capacities yet the government turns a blind eye on it, allowing almost everyone to import through the Lagos

There are massive port projects going on in Lagos. At least I know of two
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Coldie(m): 10:49am On Oct 08, 2020
SocialJustice:
What is the economic importance of linking Port Harcourt to Maiduguri? Why not take that $3b to complete rail transport in Lagos.
Get sense o

2 Likes

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Biodun556(m): 10:49am On Oct 08, 2020
SocialJustice:

It is already in existence but needs reconstruction and rehabilitation

2 Likes

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Coldie(m): 10:50am On Oct 08, 2020
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed

Why narrow gauge can'tthey make it a standard gauge.. and whatever happened to the eastern rail line project from Calabar to Lagos.
Let's manage what we have seen, its same narrow guage that connects both north and south, north no complain y we want complain?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Coldie(m): 10:51am On Oct 08, 2020
Biodun556:

It is already in existence but needs reconstruction and rehabilitation
This is not the full map
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Omezif(m): 10:51am On Oct 08, 2020
Also try to budget enough to secure those you are going to put at the railway for reconstruction, or may be boko haram have been defeated.
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by sharpwriter(m): 10:52am On Oct 08, 2020
Romanoff:

Abuja to port Harcourt is good, Abuja to Lagos is okay, Abuja to the east is fine cause Abuja is the Centre of Nigeria but Maiduguri?

I don't get the rationale behind it.

You don't get the rationale behind it? Na boko haram path way you dey see so grin
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by chegbe1104: 10:52am On Oct 08, 2020
eldoradoxx:
Yes, after Wike asked him to show one single project he has attracted to Rivers State from Buhari government that he has served in for close to 6 years while his colleagues like Fashola is building FG roads in Lagos and South West region

Why not ask governor Wike which investment he attracted to River State when he was education Minister under government of GEJ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Thingsmustchang: 10:53am On Oct 08, 2020
surrogatesng:
I have sent you 20 naira

Thanks God bless
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Ekpekaycee: 10:53am On Oct 08, 2020
But why narrow guage? Is standard guage no longer the most modern?
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Coldie(m): 10:53am On Oct 08, 2020
themaestro08:

Kindly name those achievements, am curious.
Lagos Ibadan rail, warri itakpe rail completed but very soon they would extend it to abuja, 2nd Niger bridge, pH bonny bridge, Ibadan kano rail, the list goes on

1 Like

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by GreenArrow1(m): 10:54am On Oct 08, 2020
Realtalk20:

This is a waste . We don't need trains

Oh dear Lord! *face palm*

1 Like

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by themaestro08(m): 10:56am On Oct 08, 2020
Coldie:

Lagos Ibadan rail, warri itakpe rail completed but very soon they would extend it to abuja, 2nd Niger bridge, pH bonny bridge, Ibadan kano rail, the list goes on

Only a handful of rail lines? Is that the why Nigerians elected him?

Was it even among his campaign promises?
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Coldie(m): 10:56am On Oct 08, 2020
chegbe1104:

Why not ask governor Wike which investment he attracted to River State when he was education Minister under government of GEJ?
Google ir, its there for all to see.

What wike said is true.

Even right now if u are traveling to Lagos the only portion of east west road thats good is the part from ore, one by fashola. Lagos Ibadan expressway reason y its taking time is cause is high quality work they are doing same fashola.

But amaechi couldn't do one for his state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Writes Senate, Seeks Amendment Of PIA / Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat / Peter Obi Supporters In Zango Village, Bauchi On Grassroot Sensitization (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.