Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,578 members, 7,934,734 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 12:36 PM

Buhari Wants Rigger To Be Lynched At Sight! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Wants Rigger To Be Lynched At Sight! (863 Views)

Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order / "Don't Make Election Rigger A Minister"-abuja Protest Against Mobanikoro(picture / Boko Haram Suspect Lynched At Kano Mosque (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Wants Rigger To Be Lynched At Sight! by Omooba77: 2:57pm On Mar 04, 2011
[b][color=#990000]Gen Muhammed Buhari in one of is campaign tours asked riggers to be lynched at sight! Is this the kind of government we are in for GEJ has my vote 100% Where will be the place of rule of law by the time almajaris unleash attack on the supposed enemy?

From AIDOGHIE PAULINUS, who was in Kaduna

Thursday, March 03, 2011

General Mohammadu Buhari (retd), former Head of State and Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) has told Nigerians to “lynch” anybody who attempts to rig the April polls.
“You should never leave polling centres until votes are counted and the winner declared and you should lynch anybody that tries to tinker with the votes,” Buhari told a large crowd of supporters.

Buhari, a third-timer, who spoke at the North-West flag off of then CPC campaign in Kaduna, said he was on a rescue mission
“I submit that in the affairs of man, it is only God that can determine history and ordain destiny. In my own case, it is destiny that threw me up to serve as the Head of State of this great country at that particular moment of our national history.

“I would say with all humility that I dutifully accepted all the challenges and responsibilities of Head of State and Government. Whatever role I played, whether as leader or member of government, all my decisions and actions were always guided by a clear conscience,
“My conscience constantly guided me to treat everyone and every group in the country with fairness and equity. That is why I can stand before Nigerians here today and hold my head high, knowing that I am ever ready to face any scrutiny or answer any question regarding my past performance as a public figure. I am always ready to give account of my past records to the Nigerian people.”

Buhari further said it was his firm belief that the flag-off was not about the past, rather, an engagement that reflects on the future of Nigeria. “We are today facing an uncertain future in an uncertain world. It is vital Nigerians make the right choice about who would look after them in the next four years.
“, I consider myself to be on a rescue mission. Never before have we seen such bad leadership in our national life. The country’s life is literally falling apart on all fronts-on security, in education, on the economy, in healthcare system and youth employment. Many critical observers have begun to list Nigeria among the failed states of the 21st century,” Buhari said.

Commenting on the role played by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the nation’s affairs in the past 12 years, Buhari said: “We are internationally recognized for corruption, inefficiency, business uncertainty and infrastructural decay. “For 12 years, the PDP government has failed to tackle all these problems in spite of the resources at their disposal. We can and we must reverse these trends.” He said the first step to achieveing that was for Nigerians to vote PDP out. “They are finished. They have passed their sell-by date,” he declared.

Speaking further, Buhari said: “Why should our economy be left to operate on individual power generating sets? If their aspiration to govern Nigeria for the next 60-200 years is pure, why are they unable to guarantee something as fundamental and basic as security of life and property? “Where was the PDP led government when what started as occasional incidents of kidnapping degenerated to the embarrassing dimension of an incorporated evil business? Does it matter to this administration that insecurity has compelled many potential foreign investors to drop Nigeria from their list?

“Should we continue to vote the same people who have presided over the decline in quality of life in Nigeria for the last 12 years?’

“Shamefully, these people are openly canvassing a desire to rule Nigeria for 60 or 200 years. Nigerians must reject these political zoo keepers and stop them in their tracks. And stop them now. During the last 12 years, they have almost transformed Nigeria into the proverbial animal farm where sycophants dominate both the airwaves and print media,” Buhari said. [/b] [/color]
Re: Buhari Wants Rigger To Be Lynched At Sight! by cap28: 3:17pm On Mar 04, 2011
^^^

stop taking his words out of context for god's sake!!!

Buhari is the only credible person in this whole charade, but my fear is that GEJ and his goons will leave no stone unturned in order to win it, i pray Buhari wins it.
Re: Buhari Wants Rigger To Be Lynched At Sight! by oderemo(m): 3:27pm On Mar 04, 2011
@omooba7777777777,
stop ferementing unnecessary hatred.
ppl been stealing our mandate for dacades and its tym we ALL take action.
if you are afraid to lynch stay out of my AK47, cos am ready to fire.
our future and that of the unborn should not be toyed with anymore.
lets all move in one direction.
Re: Buhari Wants Rigger To Be Lynched At Sight! by egift(m): 3:36pm On Mar 04, 2011
ode remo:

@omooba7777777777,
stop ferementing unnecessary hatred.
ppl been stealing our mandate for dacades and its tym we ALL take action.
if you are afraid to lynch stay out of my AK47, cos am ready to fire.
our future and that of the unborn should not be toyed with anymore.
lets all move in one direction.

Stop the noise. Simply highlight and paste the portion of that speech where he said so. grin
Re: Buhari Wants Rigger To Be Lynched At Sight! by naijaking1: 5:07pm On Mar 04, 2011
This idea of lynching people at sight in a country where jungle justice is practiced more often then formal justice is most unfortunate, coming from an esteemed presidential candidate.
The almajiris, rioters, and area boys all over Nigeria who have been looking for legitimacy could now rejoice, and wait for election day to go after their neighbours and freinds in the name of rigging elections.
What a shame, and another reason why Buhari is not good for 2011 Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Wants Rigger To Be Lynched At Sight! by sjkeri(m): 3:17pm On May 20, 2011
I hope all of you who were in favour of lynching have something to say now after all this crisis,

(1) (Reply)

Libya: Nigeria Voted For No Fly Zone / Nn24 Debate, Shekarau Sparkles, But Then: Simeon Kolawole Live / The Wonder Of Loliondo : Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.