Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,178 members, 7,973,975 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 12:13 PM

NLC Calls Off Strike - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Calls Off Strike (5510 Views)

NLC Calls Proposed N85 Per Litre 'propaganda', Plans Mass Action - Dailypost / Oil Marketers, Nupeng, Pengassan Call Off Strike / NLC Calls Off Strike Action? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by spaceworld: 2:02am On Jun 24, 2007
What about the sales of the two refineries?, already Zenon is making 30 to 35 naira of the diesel he imported per liter, at the expense of Nigerian masses, so now being among those that bought the two refineries do you think the refineries will come to life at all, NLC should check the sales and fight it out
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by 9ja4eva: 2:03am On Jun 24, 2007
Think dey said its among the deal NLC signed with Government
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by IykeD1(m): 2:08am On Jun 24, 2007
[url=http://www.tribune.com.ng/24062007/news/news3.html
]
http://www.tribune.com.ng/24062007/news/news3.html
[/url]

I said it on a different thread that it will amount to a "useless" and unnecessary strike
if at the end of the period price of fuel is still N70 - as this deal was on the table on the
eve of the strike. I was right after all. Way to go NLC!
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by debosky(m): 2:10am On Jun 24, 2007
spaceworld:

What about the sales of the two refineries?, already Zenon is making 30 to 35 naira of the diesel he imported per liter, at the expense of Nigerian masses, so now being among those that bought the two refineries do you think the refineries will come to life at all, NLC should check the sales and fight it out

pray tell how did you arrive at this figure?

@ Iyke-D labour just put Nigerians through a week of hell for nothing, this was a listening govt who responded and met more than half of their demands, yet they insisted on going on strike, the only 'concession' this strike got is that there will be no increase for 1 year. Obj promised that and delivered even without a strike! The whole exercise was pointless in my opinion.
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by 9ja4eva: 2:12am On Jun 24, 2007
I no understand y dem gree d price for N70.NLC sef na wa
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:21am On Jun 24, 2007
i just knew that it would be called off before Monday. but i thank God it was called off.
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by McKren(m): 2:26am On Jun 24, 2007
ThoniaSlim:

i just knew that it would be called off before Monday. but i thank God it was called off.

It was pretty obvious by Friday evening that Omar was looking for an exit strategy when he said he was ready for any reasonable deal

He should tell Nigerians the difference between Tuesday deal and Sarurday deal and why Saturday was so reasonable to call off the strike and that of Tuesday was unreasonable to pre-empt 4 days hardship.

I personally dont find explanation for all this dramma except it having political undertones.
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by 9ja4eva: 2:53am On Jun 24, 2007
Political undertones?I dnt tink so.Well d strike helped achieve something even though i was expecting it to be back @ N65.God wld touch Yar Adua
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by meta4(m): 3:49am On Jun 24, 2007
thank God the strike is over though i didn't go on stike cos i'm on essential duties. but it was always terrible getting to work, we thank God atleast the banks will open and they can send ones pay into the bank without stories.
if the price is still N70, why the strike?is that a confirmed price? this government game sef. na N70 them plan before knowing that labour will fight back, if at all e go happen again i no go suprise if na N115 them go set am,so NLC go strike again and it will fall to N100. wetin we no go see for naija.
, but in everything give thanks to God.
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by 9ja4eva: 4:27am On Jun 24, 2007
Na God we need to look to oh.Na im go help us clear d bad and evil leaders.

Yar Adua better knw say a fool @ 40 is a fool forever.If he likes he shld keep on taking orders from his master
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by otokx(m): 5:43am On Jun 24, 2007
The strike could not go on much longer so NLC really had no choice.
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by Mustay(m): 5:43am On Jun 24, 2007
It's still worth it. Obj 'll never have intervened not to talk of writing a letter to nlc. He'll let all of us suffer till we are tired. He'll have also arrested d labour leader and the police would not be transparent in their statements as they are like this.
If this thing was brought to 65, it'll still increase to 70 which nlc is aware of too. They only wanted a due process in d stuff.
Why are they increasing pms price? Is't not because govt claims d int'l oil price is affecting us too? They've all made us to know they'll deregulate our pockets and if they don't make better improvement of our pci, nigerians 'll continue to impoverish. This is what labour is fighting for too. Yes, I expected them to 've taken d deal fg gave before d strike but you can't blame them when they know d experiences they've had with obj.
For president to promise that there'll be no increase for one year in a written document is different from baba iyabo's notice he gave on nta or wherever.
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by 9ja4eva: 5:47am On Jun 24, 2007
Yu right
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by Mustay(m): 5:50am On Jun 24, 2007
I can imagine obj in his parlour laughing at us.
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by Mustay(m): 5:51am On Jun 24, 2007
Especially if he intentionally set a trap for ya adua
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by 9ja4eva: 5:52am On Jun 24, 2007
Na im fail na cos Yar Adua still disappoint am
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by Mustay(m): 5:57am On Jun 24, 2007
Na maga guy
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by 9ja4eva: 6:02am On Jun 24, 2007
More disappointment dey come for am
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by Mustay(m): 6:07am On Jun 24, 2007
Insha Allah. Se ya adua still no dey use generator for aso villa?
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by 9ja4eva: 6:16am On Jun 24, 2007
I no get u
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by Mustay(m): 6:32am On Jun 24, 2007
He no dey use gen for him house when he was governor cos he wanted his family to experience 9ja's plight
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by 9ja4eva: 6:34am On Jun 24, 2007
Na so im talk.
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by honeric01(m): 7:30am On Jun 24, 2007
so did nigerians get the divident of democracy in this strike that went on?
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by Mustay(m): 7:32am On Jun 24, 2007
Didn't you read d previous posts?
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by honeric01(m): 8:05am On Jun 24, 2007
too bad
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by angel101(f): 8:07am On Jun 24, 2007
I have to agree with McKren on this one.
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by tunrexdj(m): 8:14am On Jun 24, 2007
this nlc na correct inume.them just wan show say dem bi micheal power.its nonsense to agree to the terms that were presented to you before the strike.so why on earth did nlc go on strike?guessed they just wanted to throw there weight around and show taht they can make nigerians go thru hell,
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by hajifish(m): 8:34am On Jun 24, 2007
this nlc na correct inume.them just wan show say them bi micheal power.its nonsense to agree to the terms that were presented to you before the strike.so why on earth did nlc go on strike?guessed they just wanted to throw there weight around and show taht they can make nigerians go through hell,

I think what the goverment has Offer to NLC is a good offer. that why they called off the strike.at least Goverment has made over 90 per cent of the demand.
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by MP007(m): 8:35am On Jun 24, 2007
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by mellow(m): 9:00am On Jun 24, 2007
I wish the strike will continue.I really enjoyed

the stay at home with my wife.
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by MP007(m): 9:11am On Jun 24, 2007
what a lazy bastard
Re: NLC Calls Off Strike by tayog(m): 9:13am On Jun 24, 2007
Troubles, its all part of signs of the last days!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Muhammadu Buhari And His Family Life! / What Was Yemi Osinbajo's Role In The Sgt. Rogers/al-mustapha Saga? / Obanikoro's Son Fights female Voter (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.