Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,167 members, 7,880,646 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:34 PM

I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life (4560 Views)

I Made A Third Class Now I Have An Msc About To Apply For My Phd / Stephanie Ofijoyce: Nigerians Refused To Help Me After I Made Success Video / Meet The Biggest Male Student In ESUT (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by Stereo99(m): 2:28pm On Oct 09, 2020
Hello everyone, my name is placid,I have been a ghost member of this great forum,and I have been reading and following up wonderful threads in this group on low key. Pls,your advise is highly needed now.
Am 19 years old and I made the biggest decision in my life.
I just finished my ND last year and am doing my (IT )in port Harcourt, I studied agriculture extension and management.
Now, I don't wish to further my education because of the economic situation of this country and everything. (mind you, is not because of money).
I don't see no need furthering my HND in my line of studied and I have try to change the course but is not possible ,I now wish to learn one or two I.T skills or any other lucrative skills to make it in this country.

Pls do suggest to me any lucrative I.T skills or any other skills to learn.
Any other advise is highly accepted.
Thank you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by Ugaboy: 3:14pm On Oct 09, 2020
Data science, wen development or mobile app development

7 Likes

Re: I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by Ugaboy: 3:15pm On Oct 09, 2020
Stereo99:
Hello everyone, my name is placid,I have been a ghost member of this great forum,and I have been reading and following up wonderful threads in this group on low key. Pls,your advise is highly needed now.
I just finished my ND last year and am doing my (IT )in port Harcourt, I studied agriculture extension and management.
Now, I don't wish to further my education because of the economic situation of this country and everything. (mind you, is not because of money).
I don't see no need furthering my HND in my line of studied and I have try to change the course but is not possible ,I now wish to learn one or two I.T skills or any other lucrative skills to make it in this country.

Thank you
u have made a right move...if u start coding from now...at 19 believe before 23...u might millions

3 Likes

Re: I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by Stereo99(m): 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2020
Okay bro
Ugaboy:
Data science, wen development or mobile app development
Re: I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by Stereo99(m): 3:33pm On Oct 09, 2020
Coding via programming?
Ugaboy:
u have made a right move...if u start coding from now...at 19 believe before 23...u might millions

1 Like

Re: I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by Ugaboy: 3:48pm On Oct 09, 2020
Stereo99:
Coding via programming?
u are right

1 Like

Re: I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by Ugaboy: 3:49pm On Oct 09, 2020
Stereo99:
Okay bro
u can chat me on Whatsapp

1 Like

Re: I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by Stereo99(m): 4:11pm On Oct 09, 2020
Okay
Ugaboy:
u can chat me on Whatsapp
Re: I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by OGWILLS123: 4:34pm On Oct 09, 2020
Ugaboy:
Don't Take this word if you want to make it in programming angry

13 Likes

Re: I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by ipadeola91057: 5:34pm On Oct 09, 2020
:databases biology, wei advancement or handset application advancement
Re: I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by Hintona(f): 5:40pm On Oct 09, 2020
Please I want to learn to code, how do I start as a beginner?
Re: I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by Uyi168: 5:55pm On Oct 09, 2020
Ugaboy:

Naso the millions easy, naim everybody never blow..

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by SPLENDID25(m): 6:25pm On Oct 09, 2020
Hintona:
1. use google
2. find your interest.
3. you fine oh.lol
Re: I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by FahBuLous: 6:55pm On Oct 09, 2020
Op, go and learn graphic desiqninq...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by YOUNGHAJJI(m): 6:59pm On Oct 09, 2020
bro, don't mind those that sound motivated, I will suggest if u can learn how to repair computer both software and hardware part, i believe it will open alot of opportunity for u like selling of laptops and the accessories. if u will to expand ur career u can join it with networking.
but is advisable for u to finish ur education, because nobody knows what tomorrow hold.
wish u success in ur next career.

4 Likes

Re: I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by UndauntedYOCA(f): 7:06pm On Oct 09, 2020
Further your education please and acquire the skill you wish to, you never know when opportunities that require degree will drop at your feet . You also don't know what the future holds, the positions you might put in for etc. Go to school, acquire skills and combine all.

5 Likes

Re: I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by EngtTemmy(m): 7:30pm On Oct 09, 2020
Hintona:

Send me a mail

adesiyantope2014@gmail.com
Re: I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by Stereo99(m): 7:44pm On Oct 09, 2020
Thank you bro, I really love your advise
YOUNGHAJJI:
bro, don't mind those that sound motivated, I will suggest if u can learn how to repair computer both software and hardware part, i believe it will open alot of opportunity for u like selling of laptops and the accessories. if u will to expand ur career u can join it with networking.
but is advisable for u to finish ur education, because nobody knows what tomorrow hold.
wish u success in ur next career.
Re: I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by Stereo99(m): 7:44pm On Oct 09, 2020
Thank you, God bless
UndauntedYOCA:
Further your education please and acquire the skill you wish to, you never knew when opportunities that require degree will drop at your feet . You also don't know what the future holds, the positions you might put in for etc. Go to school, acquire skills and combine all.
Re: I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by Ytgud: 7:48pm On Oct 09, 2020
Use this holiday to acquire Digital skills that pays

Web Design :
What you will learn :
HTML
CSS
Bootstrap
JavaScript
Jquery
PHP
WordPress(custom WordPress theme development)

Learning channels:
WhatsApp and anydesk: live interactions, live coding remotely.

Chat me on WhatsApp.

Also if you're interested in online trading check here Become a pro trader

https:///2347019069664
Re: I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by UndauntedYOCA(f): 7:55pm On Oct 09, 2020
Stereo99:
Thank you, God bless
Amen, you too. Let me also chime this in, whatever opportunity I have had, the best people I have met, the help I have received etc, I got from having gone to school. During my service year, I met the best bosses ever (military personnel).
My eyes are more open because I am academically inclined. When you go to school, people will listen to you if you also acquire skills and are really good at what you do and pick you over someone who only has skills. Please don't ignore this advice. You won't regret it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by Stereo99(m): 8:19pm On Oct 09, 2020
Noted sis, I really appreciate
UndauntedYOCA:

Amen, you too. Let me also chime this in, whatever opportunity I have had, the best people I have met, the help I have received etc, I got from having gone to school. During my service year, I met the best bosses ever (military personnel).
My eyes are more open because I am academically inclined. When you go to school, people will listen to you if you also acquire skills and are really good at what you do and pick you over someone who only has skills. Please don't ignore this advice. You won't regret it.
Re: I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by Uyi168: 8:41pm On Oct 09, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:

Your head is well oiled!
Re: I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by Gaspardd(m): 8:41pm On Oct 09, 2020
Stereo99:

Thank you
Lol at 19 u re sayin you've made the biggest decision of your life.....whatever decision you make now is negligible to the exp life will throw at you. So just have fun.

1 Like

Re: I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by UndauntedYOCA(f): 8:51pm On Oct 09, 2020
Stereo99:
Noted bro, I really appreciate
Lol, I'm a sis! All the best dear.
Re: I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by Stereo99(m): 8:55pm On Oct 09, 2020
shocked
UndauntedYOCA:

Lol, I'm a sis! All the best dear.
Re: I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by SKhanmi: 9:05pm On Oct 09, 2020
Find out what aligns with your innate skills or what you love doing. And go for it. If you go into coding for the money, Expect a burnout. It's not rosy at all. Except you love eating breathing & thinking in code literally.

Someone who loves to sketch/doodle will easily get drawn to graphic,UI/Ux, product design

Analytical & loves mathematics- AI, programming, Big Data

Hands on - hardware, CCTV etc

Sly fingers- SARS, police grin

You get my drift?

Read Mastery by Robert Greene to understand more of what I laid down here. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by Stereo99(m): 9:13pm On Oct 09, 2020
Okay bro thanks [qquote author=SKhanmi post=94779803]Find out what aligns with your innate skills or what you love doing. And go for it. If you go into coding for the money, Expect a burnout. It's not rosy at all. Except you love eating breathing & thinking in code literally.

Someone who loves to sketch/doodle will easily get drawn to graphic,UI/Ux, product design

You get my drift?

Read Mastery by Robert Greene to understand more of what I laid down here. Cheers

[/quote]
Re: I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by Stereo99(m): 9:14pm On Oct 09, 2020
Okay bro, thanks [qquote author=SKhanmi post=94779803]Find out what aligns with your innate skills or what you love doing. And go for it. If you go into coding for the money, Expect a burnout. It's not rosy at all. Except you love eating breathing & thinking in code literally.

You get my drift?

[/quote]
Re: I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by chrisifeanyi: 11:18pm On Oct 09, 2020
Las Las you will be coming here to ask for website to design. Go to school. You can acquire other skills and if school fails you pick up your skills. I had same taught like you before but I continued my studies, finished school no job. I started teaching AutoCAD and other softwares to few people that needed the knowledge. From there I made a lot of friends and first job came. I went for my masters and I didn't even finish the msc before landing a lecturing job and still utilising my skills. Get papers first

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made The Biggest Decision In My Life by Ikennablue(m): 12:14am On Oct 10, 2020
Hintona:
if you stay in Abuja or Enugu. I can help you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unilag Hostel Application Faq/help / Result Of Unaab Post Utme / Elizabeth Foundation Empowers Orphans With Education Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.