Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,217 members, 7,887,581 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:53 AM

Prince Victor Speaks On Endsars Campaign - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Prince Victor Speaks On Endsars Campaign (369 Views)

IHEDIOHA @56: Prince Victor Showers Encomium On Ex Governor / Billionaire Femi Otedola Daughter, DJ Cuppy Finally Speaks On "EndSARS" Campaign / Prince Victor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Prince Victor Speaks On Endsars Campaign by Princevictor966(m): 2:59pm On Oct 09, 2020
says campaign a misplaced priority, describes protest as "Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish".

By Prince Victor.

It is no News that many Nigerians have called for the outright ban of SARS operatives in Nigeria with subsequent protest to consolidate on their demand but the choice to completely scrape the SARS unit is out of place.

I'm not unaware of the mayhem some few members of the SARS perpetuate on innocent Nigerian citizens, while i have not been a victim to SARS brutality, i have witnessed series of unprofessional brutalities portrayed by this men at innocent Nigerians, in view of this most of my associates can no longer move freely for fear that they will be profiled and accused of being "Yahoo" boys or fraudsters merely because they look good, own laptops, iPhones, nice looking cars or profiled as having dreads and this has also been the fear of many Nigerian youths, hence the call to #EndSARS.

To me, i'm opined that the 'EndSARS' campaign is a misplaced priority, the protest that have since trailed this course is described by me as "Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish".

Most persons championing the #EndSARS campaign has traces of frauds and criminalities attached to them, hence the call to disband SARS to enable them perpetuate their acts at maxim, i'm not surprised that some unscrupulous elements have led and are engaging to lead more protest, one of such claims to have teaming popularities and fans outside the twitter platform to spearhead the protest, this person has ongoing court cases of frauds traced to him, is this the kind of people that should call for #EndSARS campaign?

Instead of #EndSARS campaign, i think the right call should be #ReformSARSNow campaign, the latter is salient, pertinent and worthwhile to the former.

In reforming SARS, there's need to curb the excesses of dehumanising activities of SARS operatives and make all security agents answerable for their individual actions, intensive investigations should be carried out on human rights abuses by security agencies as well as allegations of extra-judicial executions and make recommendations for reparation, the IGP should avail Nigerians hotlines to enable them report abuses by this security agents, disciplinary measures should of necessity be taken against officers of the force engaged in police brutality, extortion and harassment.

This will be a better start to mollify, cushion and mitigate the situation.

SARS should be 'Reformed' not 'Banned

(1) (Reply)

Toyin Abraham Leads #endsars Protest 24 Hours After Getting Dragged On Twitter / Burna Boy Bows To Pressure, Joins #endsars / Good News For Wall Street Journal Subscribers – Getting Best Deals Is Easier Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.