Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,046 members, 7,946,565 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 08:59 PM

Breaking News: Protest In Ozoro Poly As Students Reject N5, 000 Covid 19 Fee - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Breaking News: Protest In Ozoro Poly As Students Reject N5, 000 Covid 19 Fee (604 Views)

Dr. Ademola Iyanda Ebeloku On Sabbatical To Lens Poly As Acting Rector- / Snakes Take Over Auchi Poly, As Female Student Flees Bathroom Naked / Benue State University Closed As Students Protest New CGPA Grading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Protest In Ozoro Poly As Students Reject N5, 000 Covid 19 Fee by yungdynho(m): 10:53pm On Oct 09, 2020
Students of Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro, have slammed the management for asking students to pay N5, 000 COVID-19 fee on their return to campus.

Recall that schools were shut for months due to the COVID-19 pandemic but were recently reopened in Delta State for academic activities.

At the time of filing this report, a massive protest is ongoing as the aggrieved students shut the main entrance to the campus, saying that the institution will remain shut until the directive is reversed and withdrawn.
Addressing the protesters, Dio Oghale Emeka Rex, President of the Senate, National Association of Polytechnic Students (NAPS) said that they were not asking for a reduction but a total removal.

He said: “They tried to implement the directive in the College of Education, Warri but it was reversed when we took our protests there.

“I wrote to the Ozoro Polytechnic management but they rejected our letter. Students need palliatives and do not need to be told to pay N5, 000.”

According to him, students will only pay if staff are asked to pay times three of the N5, 000 they are asking students to pay.

Meanwhile, attempts by the police to appease the students failed as they vowed to pressurize the management to reverse this decision.

Source: https://oasismagazine.com.ng/2020/10/breaking-ozoro-polytechnic-students-reject-n5-000-covid-fee-as-naps-leads-massive-protests-shut-campus-gate/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Protest In Ozoro Poly As Students Reject N5, 000 Covid 19 Fee by Hardgun: 10:55pm On Oct 09, 2020
This country

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Protest In Ozoro Poly As Students Reject N5, 000 Covid 19 Fee by myBraine: 11:04pm On Oct 09, 2020
This is unbelievable. When I learnt that Obama wrote a book titled “The Audacity of Hope,” I immediately knew he was referring to a country in faraway western Africa. Unless we're trying to play politics with our emotions, what this students just did is wrong.

They're expecting the school management to make provision for social amenities such as face shield, face mask, hand sanitizer and so on but they're not ready to make such a little sacrifice. How much is 5000?

This over dependent mentality on government by our students need to be curtail. The government won't make provision for everything. This is a reasonable way of getting them acquainted with tax payments later in the foreseeable future. In Nigeria constitution, is this not what we called tax evasion? If it's still punishable under law, then the students should be thoroughly dealt with.

God bless Nigeria!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Protest In Ozoro Poly As Students Reject N5, 000 Covid 19 Fee by nero2face: 11:08pm On Oct 09, 2020
Jesus na u know wetin dey delay u oh...come quick abeg, this country don wash

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Protest In Ozoro Poly As Students Reject N5, 000 Covid 19 Fee by Prechgold1180(m): 11:08pm On Oct 09, 2020
wink See
Re: Breaking News: Protest In Ozoro Poly As Students Reject N5, 000 Covid 19 Fee by Prechgold1180(m): 11:13pm On Oct 09, 2020
Any Nigerian wey make heaven gat do Thanksgiving for heaven o
This country to hard other country dey help it citizen but naija own nah citizens every thing dey kill
Just imagine say u be father u get 3 children on dey ozoro poly the remainder two dey secondary sch .....
The job wey u dey do to support your family nah bus driving
Now government don add join fuel sch don add join fees foodstuffs don price don increase
Still yet wetyn u dey get from bus Nur increase how u wan take cope

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Protest In Ozoro Poly As Students Reject N5, 000 Covid 19 Fee by yungdynho(m): 11:14pm On Oct 09, 2020
Nothing good is coming out of the country.... May God help us all

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Protest In Ozoro Poly As Students Reject N5, 000 Covid 19 Fee by realstars: 11:20pm On Oct 09, 2020
I Think We Have Woke Up. To Resist Them Nfw.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Protest In Ozoro Poly As Students Reject N5, 000 Covid 19 Fee by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 09, 2020
Our leaders are utterly heartless
They dont care about the masses as long as they are cashing-out from any rule they set...

I used to think God is in Nigeria but God left here a long time ago..the devil lives with us
Re: Breaking News: Protest In Ozoro Poly As Students Reject N5, 000 Covid 19 Fee by kaptaintintin: 2:24am On Oct 10, 2020
myBraine:
This is unbelievable. When I learnt that Obama wrote a book titled “The Audacity of Hope,” I immediately knew he was referring to a country in faraway western Africa. Unless we're trying to play politics with our emotions, what this students just did is wrong.

They're expecting the school management to make provision for social amenities such as face shield, face mask, hand sanitizer and so on but they're not ready to make such a little sacrifice. How much is 5000?

This over dependent mentality on government by our students need to be curtail. The government won't make provision for everything. This is a reasonable way of getting them acquainted with tax payments later in the foreseeable future. In Nigeria constitution, is this not what we called tax evasion? If it's still punishable under law, then the students should be thoroughly dealt with.

God bless Nigeria!

u sure say u de dis country at all or ur joking?
Re: Breaking News: Protest In Ozoro Poly As Students Reject N5, 000 Covid 19 Fee by solostar1: 6:03am On Oct 10, 2020
myBraine:

God bless Nigeria!

I have been looking for a name to call you but so far na only stupid names dey pop up.

people make una help me look for name(s)

(1) (Reply)

Standtall Africa Initiative Discloses Massive Achievements In Education / ASUU Strike: FG Says Union Might Suspend Strike Soon / BREAKING: JAMB Puts Candidate Registration Exercise On Hold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.