Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,716 members, 7,847,875 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 09:59 AM

WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi (44630 Views)

Tell Tinubu That Nigeria Is Not Lagos If You Really Care"—Kayode Ogundamisi / Summary Of Nnamdi Kanu's World Address By Kayode Ogundamisi / See What Kayode Ogundamisi Said About Sen. Bukola Sarki That Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 10, 2020
VULCAN:
Nobody in Nigeria cares who is Sarah Chayes.

Her words carry no weight whatsoever in this country.

Kayode is well known and his words carry weight.

Case closed.

I know you also want her to lose but that will not add money to your account.

Hate always comes back to injure the hater

You the IBOs are very parochial and sentimental in your thinking. Very absurd and most times irrational on matters that require objectivity. Firstly, Nigerians have no voting power and the eventual winner is determined by several factors only known to the clique that controls WTO.

Madam Ngozi was the finance minister and head of the economic team under Jonathan - the government that made the highest revenue in the history of Africa till date but without saving one kobo, but borrowed heavily and spent over $20 billion out of the reserve Obasanjo left. That is the greatest fraud in the history of Africa. Estimated $100 billion got wasted / looted under her watch.

The IBOs can never see anything bad in that fraud because it favours them. The Yorubas don't support evil and as such have nothing against Ngozi, otherwise, Obasanjo should have written to the board of WTO to drop her.

Kemi Olunloyo has written against prominent yoruba citizens based on information available to her, Sahara Reporters have done same. We have internal political, religious and socio - cultural dichotomy in yoruba land creating rooms for diverse opinions. This is missing in IBO land. Fela sang against Abiola (ITT) and Obasanjo, they were all from the same town and childhood friends, in IBO, anything against them is hatred for the entire IBO, no objectivity at all.

1 Like

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by PWAPUTI2010(m): 12:04pm On Oct 10, 2020
Good from you man,I don't why people create hatered for nothing..am also fro Yola but her story not in good mode by our Yoruba people first it was kemi now another.

1 Like

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by ensamy(m): 12:04pm On Oct 10, 2020
It must come from afonja. Always envious of south easterners grin grin grin grin , Okonjo Iweala's emergence to the final two has been given them sleepless nights. Thanks to Buhari for nominating her. Obasanjo could have nominated her too. But the rest will not e.g Tif nubu .

1 Like

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Masterclass32: 12:06pm On Oct 10, 2020
Misterdhee1:
This is wrong. There's no point sharing the article Atall. Wish her well, or shut up if you aren't a fan of her previous deeds.

Gbam. would he have brought up this article at a time like this if it was his tribes person in contention for the post?
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by guychidile: 12:06pm On Oct 10, 2020
was the money traced to her! why making a case where there is none., others are supporting their citizens, u are there criticizing her,in other words,u are campaigning against her ,abi?
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by athaboi(f): 12:11pm On Oct 10, 2020
HigherEd:

From what we can see Kayode was citing a UK finance report. I can't see anything here where he said she wouldn't win. Unless there are still other screens hots they aren't showing us.
why is he making such post at this time?? What is his interest that he has to quote a UK finance report to show the world or remind the world about how corrupt ngozi is or what Why is he making the post now?? Oga relax, don't defend what he's doing bcoz he knows exactly what he's doing...

1 Like

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by kingGerman1: 12:13pm On Oct 10, 2020
Juliusmalema:
Lol

SW are mean ooo to run this beautiful bride down.

From kemi....now this...many more to come I guess.

This one done pass bad belle.....They can't hold it any longer.
pls don't be tribalistic. That kayode ogunlami is just stupid, i am yoruba man but okonjo iweala and dora akuyili are one of the best female this country has produced. i am sure she will win massively

1 Like

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 10, 2020
athaboi:
why is he making such post at this time?? What is his interest that he has to quote a UK finance report to show the world or remind the world about how corrupt ngozi is or what Why is he making the post now?? Oga relax, don't defend what he's doing bcoz he knows exactly what he's doing...

You the IBOs are very parochial and sentimental in your thinking. Very absurd and most times irrational on matters that require objectivity. Firstly, Nigerians have no voting power and the eventual winner is determined by several factors only known to the clique that controls WTO.

Madam Ngozi was the finance minister and head of the economic team under Jonathan - the government that made the highest revenue in the history of Africa till date but without saving one kobo, but borrowed heavily and spent over $20 billion out of the reserve Obasanjo left. That is the greatest fraud in the history of Africa. Estimated $100 billion got wasted / looted under her watch.

The IBOs can never see anything bad in that fraud because it favours them. The Yorubas don't support evil and as such have nothing against Ngozi, otherwise, Obasanjo should have written to the board of WTO to drop her.

Kemi Olunloyo has written against prominent yoruba citizens based on information available to her, Sahara Reporters have done same. We have internal political, religious and socio - cultural dichotomy in yoruba land creating rooms for diverse opinions. This is missing in IBO land. Fela sang against Abiola (ITT) and Obasanjo, they were all from the same town and childhood friends, in IBO, anything against them is hatred for the entire IBO, no objectivity at all.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by kingGerman1: 12:14pm On Oct 10, 2020
dlaw70:
why is it only yorubas that have looked into the future and have seen that she will not win ?

Bad Belle no good at all !!

Even when that Yoruba guy at the head of Afdb was accused of corruption,non of you came out to say he will not win a second term,yet he won at the end of the day.
All I see in this country is TRIBALISM .
It is so strong in Nigeria that I will conclude that TRIBALISM is worst than Racism.
pls don't the yorubas. we are not even ptoud of the bastard, okonjo iweala all the way

1 Like

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Belite: 12:16pm On Oct 10, 2020
Openbusiness:
There are so many low IQ people on Nairaland that just rush to comment rubbish without knowing they are being used by some powerful political elements working behind the scenes to promote tribalism, use divide-and-rule tactics to maintain the political status quo in this country. Check the tweet, it was a quote, and the author's name was included. So he was quoting another person, who obviously is a book writer.

So he didn’t see any other thing about NOI that he can quote. It is only the one that will put her in a bad spot that he can quote. He’s only hiding under someone else’s comment to bring out his intentions.
His quote is only a campaign against NOI. No need of painting it otherwise.

1 Like

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Ogbuu101: 12:17pm On Oct 10, 2020
Saao:
One Nigeria. When it comes to the time of Adesina akinwumi, we all stood behind him, nobody was against him, same man served under gej, but now it's time for Ngozi, so many negative permutations. Let them be informed that, the people selecting her are not Nigerians, these are great personalities that knew her worth. I'm from middle belt but trust I hate the way Yorubas and others tribe hated igbos for nothing. Until we change our behavior, this country is going no where.
This is what we keep saying but Yerobbers have successfully colonized many Nigerians' heads with propaganda.
Watch out anytime Buhari and buratai start killing Igbo youths,yorubas are the only ones who keep hailing the army.
But if the reverse were to be the case,every Igbo man will condemn it wholeheartedly.

2 Likes

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Oludara202: 12:18pm On Oct 10, 2020
Get a mic and a louder speaker, the world must hear this. Funny set of people.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by SIRTee15: 12:26pm On Oct 10, 2020
seunmsg:

Is Sarah Chayes Yoruba? Can we stop Sarah Chayes from saying whatever she intends to say?

Kayode Ogundamisi shouldn't be quoting the smear n possibly paid campaign against against Okonjo. That's very stupid of him to do that....
Aruma oteh was among the first eminent personality to publicly back adesina during his own trial...
That's how it should be.

Okonjo iweala may have performed below par as finance minister but this is not the time to bring it up.
This is about nigeria, Africa and the black race in the global scene, n all he could do as way of contribution is to highlights her weakness on social media...
That's very mean n petty of him, and until he publicly apologise...he remains stu.pid
I'm from Ogun state by the way.

1 Like

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by donprinyo(m): 12:26pm On Oct 10, 2020
Undiluted Hate and jealousy. The chosen ones will continue beating you all
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Openbusiness: 12:26pm On Oct 10, 2020
collinsVP:

For your mind now your comprehension is second to none grin

You couldn't comprehend a glaring attempt to demarket NOI.

Na only him sabi wetin de inside book to quote.
Call a spade, a spade brother.
The problem with the tribal keyboard warriors on Nairaland is that because they have trained themselves to be tribalistic all the time, you view everything from the lense of tribalism and it usually beclouds the reasoning and judgment and makes them think and act like every thing or every matter or every topic is always a "us VS. them" or "tribe VS. tribe".

If you can comprehend well, then you should know the person tweeted that quote is a political figure or activist with a political background, political undertone and such people thrive or build their political portfolios by being controversial through the media and stirring up the bees hive on social media to gain fame and popularity among the public, even if it is negative publicity. That's how they eat, that's how they get political appointments from pro or anti political parties that support their political dispositions and want to exploit whatever social media popularity they have. That's how they build the frame of their political careers.

But the fact is that this tweet is INCONSEQUENTIAL, it doesn't matter what his intentions were regarding the WTO DG nomination. If you're observant, you will know that the real purpose of the tweet was to stir up controversy that will get him more attention and fame on social media and you guys have already given that to him. Now, the matter is personal to him, has nothing to do with his tribe but then some keyboard tribal warriors have turned it to a tribal war, which is exactly what the political sponsors of division want. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The tribal keyboard warriors can continue acting like puppets to their political agendas. Continue the tribal wars as long as you like. No problem. It's your phone, it's your data, it's your actions, it's your freedom of speech. I'm not stopping anybody. But I was just airing my opinion that a tribal war based on this tweet is totally unnecessary.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by SAMTOBIJU(m): 12:31pm On Oct 10, 2020
fjjc:

Either Ogundamisi or Kemi, these people view do not represent Yoruba nation's view at large. Many of us in the Southwest are seriously supporting NOI not because we have something personal we want to gain from it, but, because she is a Nigerian, and any good things that happen to a Nigerian, we should all celebrate it. We all have our blamed as to what this country turn to today.
....You make perfect sense. God bless you for your comment.The whole of Nigerian breweries for you.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Oracleforce: 12:34pm On Oct 10, 2020
Realtalk20:
[s][/s]

Calling for secession is against nairaland rules this is your last warning

Abeg no vex...he set me up.. I shouldn't have responded to the comment...
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Freebills12: 12:36pm On Oct 10, 2020
WHY IS IT THAT ONLY THE YUROBAS ARE GIVING REASONS WHY NGOZI OKONJO-IWEALA SHOULD NOT BE NOMINATED AS WTO DG. I SENSE TRIBALISM AND HATRED FOR THE IGBOS BY THE YUROBA JUST AS VIVIDLY PORTRAYED HERE IN NAIRALAND. MY QUESTION IS WHY SHOULD IT BE SO? I THINK WE ARE ALL SOUTH OR IS IT ROUTE TO 2023 AT PLAY?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Fairbanks(m): 12:39pm On Oct 10, 2020
princemillla:
Am hating all this bad belle thing.

Ogundamisi I supposed is a learned fellow. This woman gave a lecture at one convocation ceremony explained how her mum was kidnapped by an u known people who demanded she back out from a certain contract. Wasn't that genuine reason to know she could not have raise much alarm about goings in the entire system?

Nija doesn't worth sacrificing for in any level.

I would av resigned if I were in her shoe but.....

I hate oloriburuku negative people and their always stupid facts. such of their categories don't see anything positive forthcoming especially my Yorubas. Typical example is TB Joshua, the man never had positive vision and prophesy but negatives. I wonder where they sleep that make them have bad dreams.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Freebills12: 12:42pm On Oct 10, 2020
[color=#000099][/color]
Openbusiness:
The problem with the tribal keyboard warriors on Nairaland is that because they have trained themselves to be tribalistic all the time, you view everything from the lense of tribalism and it usually beclouds the reasoning and judgment and makes them think and act like every thing or every matter or every topic is always a "us VS. them" or "tribe VS. tribe".

If you can comprehend well, then you should know the person tweeted that quote is a political figure or activist with a political background, political undertone and such people thrive or build their political portfolios by being controversial through the media and stirring up the bees hive on social media to gain fame and popularity among the public, even if it is negative publicity. That's how they eat, that's how they get political appointments from pro or anti political parties that support their political dispositions and want to exploit whatever social media popularity they have. That's how they build the frame of their political careers.

But the fact is that this tweet is INCONSEQUENTIAL, it doesn't matter what his intentions were regarding the WTO DG nomination. If you're observant, you will know that the real purpose of the tweet was to stir up controversy that will get him more attention and fame on social media and you guys have already given that to him. Now, the matter is personal to him, has nothing to do with his tribe but then some keyboard tribal warriors have turned it to a tribal war, which is exactly what the political sponsors of division want. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The tribal keyboard warriors can continue acting like puppets to their political agendas. Continue the tribal wars as long as you like. No problem. It's your phone, it's your data, it's your actions, it's your freedom of speech. I'm not stopping anybody. But I was just airing my opinion that a tribal war based on this tweet is totally unnecessary.

YOU ARE FAR FROM THE TRUTH, CALL A SPADE A SPADE. HE IS LOOKING FOR FANS AND FAME AS YOU SAID THIS PERIOD OF #ENDSARS# AND YOU THINK ATTACKING NGOZI OKONJO-IWEALA WILL FETCH HIM THAT.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by athaboi(f): 12:46pm On Oct 10, 2020
babaolofin:

all I see in you is hate upon hate.. Nigeria don't have voting power but he went ahead to announce and remind the world that ngozi served in a corrupt regime...what message is he trying to pass across to those that have voting power You guys should continue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by obyrich(m): 12:46pm On Oct 10, 2020
dlaw70:
why is it only yorubas that have looked into the future and have seen that she will not win ?

Bad Belle no good at all !!

Even when that Yoruba guy at the head of Afdb was accused of corruption,non of you came out to say he will not win a second term,yet he won at the end of the day.
All I see in this country is TRIBALISM .
It is so strong in Nigeria that I will conclude that TRIBALISM is worst than Racism.
This is why we complain about Yorubas being envious and devilish. When the AFDB man was battling corruption accusation,no known Igbo man came out to condemn or prophesy failure for him.

Since NOI got shortlisted as last 2 , these people have been restless. They forgot this is not a race for Nigerian presidency. Wicked pretenders. I fear who no fear Yoruba.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 10, 2020
SIRTee15:

Kayode Ogundamisi shouldn't be quoting the smear n possibly paid campaign against against Okonjo. That's very stupid of him to do that....
Aruma oteh was among the first eminent personality to publicly back adesina during his own trial...
That's how it should be.

Okonjo iweala may have performed below par as finance minister but this is not the time to bring it up.
This is about nigeria, Africa and the black race in the global scene, n all he could do as way of contribution is to highlights her weakness on social media...
That's very mean n petty of him, and until he publicly apologise...he remains stu.pid
I'm from Ogun state by the way.

This is not a tribal issue. I believed you are not from Ogun State you are just living in Ogun State. Psychologically, and from intelligence reviews of what you posted above, I can pick so many things there. Firstly, Arunma Oteh was not among the first eminent Nigerians that defended Adesina when US and few foreign investors in AfDB rejected the probe outcome. Chief Obasanjo and major African leaders supported him. We know how the probe became tribal war between Yorubas and IBOs on various social media and government / International Institutions. Now, everybody can claim to support him. The issue you raised about paid campaign against NOI shows your tribal bloc and sentiments .

1 Like

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Bimpe29: 12:48pm On Oct 10, 2020
Hmmm, the perspective is discreet and salient area for consideration as ethical issue/concern by the professional.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by mcfestgee: 12:51pm On Oct 10, 2020
These people are educated illiterates we have in Nigeria. So wicked a tribe, coward of the nation and uncivilized set of people with huge social bankruptcy. Kayode wants to win Nobel laurel with his useless post.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 10, 2020
athaboi:
all I see in you is hate upon hate.. Nigeria don't have voting power but he went ahead to announce and remind the world that ngozi served in a corrupt regime...what message is he trying to pass across to those that have voting power You guys should continue

This is still foolishness. The CLIQUE that controls WTO have their information. They know how to play the game.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Omoalaja99: 12:52pm On Oct 10, 2020
Tribalism in action �All these Yoruba beeches, una be God? Make una go sit down for gutter jare
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by obyrich(m): 12:55pm On Oct 10, 2020
babaolofin:

5 years into APC government, you are yet to prosecute Jonathan or Ngozi Okonjo Iweala over this monumental fraud. Is it cowardice or envy that is your problem?

You were chanting fraud as opposition party. You claimed Buhari will deal with fraudsters and jail everyone found culpable if elected. Nigerians elected APC and Buhari. 5 years down the line. You are still crying fraud up and down.

Why is it the duty of Yoruba media to attack any good thing coming the way of Igbos?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by athaboi(f): 12:56pm On Oct 10, 2020
babaolofin:

This is still foolishness. The CLIQUE that controls WTO have their information. They know how to play the game.
get lost you evil man
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by SIRTee15: 12:57pm On Oct 10, 2020
babaolofin:

Yes, I agree we Yorubas have a strong dichotomy on various ideologies, something I'm proud of n will strongly encouraged. Because at the end of the day, that's what makes us different and sophisticated.

But our independent mindedness is borne out of logical reasoning and critical thinking, not sentiment or emotions.
I'm sorry to say, but kayode's rhetoric pandered to the later.....

I've read okonjos plan for WTO- very forward thinking and insightful. She made it clear every member country should pay there fair share and the agency should face up to the global economic reality of the 21st century- something Trump has been calling for.
Besides, the dynamics and environment she worked in as minister of finance is totally different from WTO. So why apply the former template to the later.

I've always suspected the guy to be an ass.hole and an ethnic chavunist, and he just confirmed it.
He will do well to tweet more about the incompetence of buhari and the corruption allegation levelled against Tinubu.
Thank u.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by a4cube: 12:57pm On Oct 10, 2020
ideylaff:

Okonjo has has better roles and she should have left the stage for younger ones to come through
Coming from people that voted Buhari and hoping to vote Atiku or Tinubu come 2023.

1 Like

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Saintinoo(m): 12:58pm On Oct 10, 2020
Ctorch:
Ngozi Okonjo Iweala may not win WTO DG, Kayode Ogundamisi, Give reason, quoting Sarah Chayes

https://mobile.twitter.com/ogundamisi/status/1314249536899035136
No hate or disrespect for the Yoruba tribe, i am not a tribal bigot but i am disappoint in majority of the Yoruba, if people from far away Europe and America can support this woman, then why is she being demarketed by her own country men.

I remembered how every Nigerian supported Akinwumi Adesina who also served in GEJ government, i don't just know why some people will show full hate for a particular group.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Osinbajo Visits His Mother For His 60th Birthday. See The Cake She Gave Him / Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs / Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.