Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,607 members, 7,944,797 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:15 AM

Can Buhari Display Religious Extremism As A Democratic President? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Buhari Display Religious Extremism As A Democratic President? (775 Views)

Buhari Incapable Of Ruling A Democratic State, Has A Dark Past – Edwin Clark / The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had / First Real Civilian Democratic President Of Nigeria (new School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Buhari Display Religious Extremism As A Democratic President? by evilspirit: 10:29am On Mar 05, 2011
yes he was military head of state for 20 months.he had absolute powers.he made many religious statements in and out of office.and today many fear that if he becomes president his perceived lack of religious  tolerance will be made manifest.
i ask , those who fear he is a religious extremist,what is the worst thing that he can do as democratic president.
Re: Can Buhari Display Religious Extremism As A Democratic President? by Udevex: 10:39am On Mar 05, 2011
I'm not suggesting Buhari will do it, but it should be relatively easy to turn the FCT into a sharia territory as a first step. All thats required is for the federal executive council and FCT minister to play the game, and Buhari would be their master who chose them. I'd say, there's a lot an extremist (Christian or Muslim) can do to forment strife in a democratic setting.
Re: Can Buhari Display Religious Extremism As A Democratic President? by evilspirit: 10:43am On Mar 05, 2011
u dey vex?
Re: Can Buhari Display Religious Extremism As A Democratic President? by Udevex: 10:53am On Mar 05, 2011
lol
Re: Can Buhari Display Religious Extremism As A Democratic President? by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:01am On Mar 05, 2011
I'm convinced, some don't even know when Buhari was a militry head of states. In case you don't know you need to ask how he dealt with the clerics both Muslims and xtian,
Re: Can Buhari Display Religious Extremism As A Democratic President? by 1025: 11:17am On Mar 05, 2011
Buhari - muslim
Bakare - not only a christian but a pastor and the general overseer of one of the biggest churches in nigeria. a man who speaks out even when military were in power what more when he is a vice president.
the issue of christianity and muslim are of God and we shld always let God fight his wars.
Re: Can Buhari Display Religious Extremism As A Democratic President? by Blazing99: 11:36am On Mar 05, 2011
if he is a religious extremist, he wont reject the running mate with a fellow muslim, Tinubu for a cleric, Bakare.
Re: Can Buhari Display Religious Extremism As A Democratic President? by precision7: 3:26pm On Mar 05, 2011
Being a Vice or Deputy is nothing in Nigeria, one can be impeached before you say jack. Having made in the past some statements relating to "sharia law should be practiced in Nigeria", i have no doubt in my mind that he'll want to try it, whether he'll succeed, i don't know.

I trust him in other areas, but RELIGION! not even 1%.

Let's wait and see sha.
Re: Can Buhari Display Religious Extremism As A Democratic President? by Kobojunkie: 3:31pm On Mar 05, 2011
U de vex?:

I'm not suggesting Buhari will do it, but it should be relatively easy to turn the FCT into a sharia territory as a first step. All thats required is for the federal executive council and FCT minister to play the game, and Buhari would be their master who chose them. I'd say, there's a lot an extremist (Christian or Muslim) can do to forment strife in a democratic setting.

What? The FEC and FCT to play the game? While NASS sits back watching? and the Judiciary also sits with folded arms? Come on now. I am certain you know what you suggest above would require a whole lot of power --- more than that a mere President has to accomplish.

What extremists? I mean in the Nigerian situation, how you do label extremists? I get that on the muslim side, we have mostly concluded in our minds that shariaists are extremists -- even those who do it on a private basis are simply extremists to you, but on the Christian side, how would you go about deciding what ideas are extreme and which are not?
Re: Can Buhari Display Religious Extremism As A Democratic President? by evilspirit: 10:37am On Feb 19, 2013
HE WONT
Re: Can Buhari Display Religious Extremism As A Democratic President? by saintohia: 12:53pm On Feb 19, 2013
Yes.

Answer = Yes

He should be given EFCC to head, if he must be given a political office.

Re: Can Buhari Display Religious Extremism As A Democratic President? by slimming: 1:23pm On Feb 19, 2013
Let Buhari answer us.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Obasanjo's Boy Ribadu Or Jonanthan / Do Not Be On Qual Yoke With An Unbeliever / Gov Gbenga Daniel Calls Olurin Mad Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.