Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,865 members, 7,876,295 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:11 PM

At Last, Burna Boy Succumbs, Joins #ENDSARS Protests. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / At Last, Burna Boy Succumbs, Joins #ENDSARS Protests. (315 Views)

Just In: 'stubborn' Igp Succumbs To Pressure, Dissolves Sars / Burna Boy Bows To Pressure, Joins #endsars / Femi Adesina Succumbs To Mazi Nnamdi Kanu’s Heat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

At Last, Burna Boy Succumbs, Joins #ENDSARS Protests. by steez69(m): 5:06pm On Oct 10, 2020
Nigerian singer and Grammy nominee, Burna Boy has joined the ongoing agitations for the dissolution of the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).

The singer has been criticized for not using his influence to speak up against police brutality and backing the #ENDSARS movement.

On Saturday afternoon, the artiste in a letter he posted on his Twitter handle explained why he took a while to join the movement.

“I have taken the past week to gather my thoughts, I usually respond to matters with my emotions and my frustration, this time I have refused to ignore the attempts; well-meaning or derogatory to draw me out”.

While he commended the protesters, he said he had “several times in the past” taken steps to call for abolition of the police unit especially during his USA tour in 2019.

(1) (Reply)

Meet Kenya Man Who Impregnated Three Biological Sisters / TVC News Studio On Attack By Suspected Hoodlums..(video) / Buhari Blames Current Nigeria's Economic Recession On COVID-19 Pandemic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.