Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,670 members, 7,938,037 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 04:04 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1400381 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by AyaSho(f): 6:24pm On Sep 06, 2014
Hello my wonderful Papas and Mamas. Please an advice from the house. My Sis is a month gone now, she has a Us visa which will be expiring March next year. She is thinking of giving birth in Us, however her visa will expire before her due date. Should she use Drop Box and after that she can inform the embassy her intention later or should she fill it in her form when using the Drop Box.
Note: she had not made up her mind
Please your candid advice needed, gurus in the house
One Love
Please Gurus in the house,@Phema,Nita e.t.c. Your candid opinion needed urgently
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ogbenyalu: 7:22pm On Sep 06, 2014
Hi @all i got into d us on wed 3rd. Poe dallas forth worth. I flew BA, The only stress was at our very own MMA airport lagos were some overzealous ba staff said i cant fly cos am 34wks gone even though i had my fit to fly letter, even the port health nurses said they dnt certify after 30wks. But finally after so much pleading they allowed me fly. In heathrow no body even asked if am prego cos really i wasnt looking that far gone. Straight foward to my poe experience. As it got to my turn a new cpb officer resumed and they i was d first person he cleared
me: hello
cpb: hello, why are u in the us
me : to have my baby ( he looked at me suprised)
Cpb: is the adress here for your relative
me: no its a studio apartment am renting
he took my print and stamped me in for 6mnths . Straight to food customs when it got t my turn na so d officer waka commot e be like say shit catch am. They directed me t another line.
Me: hello ,hw u doing?
Cpb:am good, what is ur purpose of visit?
Me: vacation and to have my baby
cpb: who is having a baby?
Me: me (and smiled)
Cpb how much do you have
me: 7500 and my credit card
cpb :what food are u with
Me: told him
And dat was it ,no secondary inspectn,searching or counting of money, it was all Gods favour at work. Tips, try as much as possible not to so pregnant, do your makeup n comb your hair be4getting off the flight n leave d rest for God.
sorry for d long post, mihs mamas pls holla i ll be coming on monday. I think i ll stay at crossland cos i dnt want t be lonely

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 06, 2014
^^^ Congrats and safe delivery.

Has BA now changed their fit-to-fly policy? It used to be 36weeks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cfcchick: 7:55pm On Sep 06, 2014
Prettymummy: Hello all, nigerian mummy's I appreciate your effort in helping each other here. God bless you. If there are any El Paso bound mummy's for February 2015 please holla.

Hello prettymummy..I'm due in Feb but Arizona bound.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by vcole: 8:49pm On Sep 06, 2014
ogbenyalu: Hi @all i got into d us on wed 3rd. Poe dallas forth worth. I flew BA, The only stress was at our very own MMA airport lagos were some overzealous ba staff said i cant fly cos am 34wks gone even though i had my fit to fly letter, even the port health nurses said they dnt certify after 30wks. But finally after so much pleading they allowed me fly. In heathrow no body even asked if am prego cos really i wasnt looking that far gone. Straight foward to my poe experience. As it got to my turn a new cpb officer resumed and they i was d first person he cleared
he took my print and stamped me in for 6mnths . Straight to food customs when it got t my turn na so d officer waka commot e be like say shit catch am. They directed me t another line.
Cpb how much do you have
And dat was it ,no secondary inspectn,searching or counting of money, it was all Gods favour at work. Tips, try as much as possible not to so pregnant, do your makeup n comb your hair be4getting off the flight n leave d rest for God.
sorry for d long post, mihs mamas pls holla i ll be coming on monday. I think i ll stay at crossland cos i dnt want t be lonely
Thanks for this info. I'm flying BA on Tuesday as well. Same route.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adiahabasi: 9:47pm On Sep 06, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Flowers: 9:50pm On Sep 06, 2014
[quote author=princessrbt][/quote]
@ princessrbt: pls wat do u mean by OB pack? And does 4500 cover both doc and hospital bill in JPS?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 10:41pm On Sep 06, 2014
Please where is Ogbenyalu on this forum. It's been long since I read anything
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 10:44pm On Sep 06, 2014
Ogbenyalu I just read you now about your safe entry. Congrats and safe delivery. Hope the BA stop over wasn't long oooo. My wife will be 34wks and she's traveling 20th Sept. I pray those overzealous BA will be silent. Hope they weren't using that to scare you and extort some money from you sha
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by naijamumcarephx(f): 11:00pm On Sep 06, 2014
Freshface: Hi guys. Pls how do we get flights from Nigeria to Phoenix? I Can't find anything direct. I'm thinking of stopping in New York, then connecting to Phoenix. Pls help.
To my knowledge, there are currently no direct flights to Phoenix from Nigeria. Whenever I travel to Nigeria from Phoenix, there's usually a stop over in another US city i.e. Atlanta, New York, Chicago, Houston etc.
Even with European Airlines like British Airways, you will still have a stop over in another city before coming to Phoenix. All the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oluloveme: 3:05am On Sep 07, 2014
weaseloo:

Help o! Dr. La's office insists they cannot come down on their $3340 fee. Need a cheaper doctor.

You can try Dr. DUC B. LE , Methodist hospital sugarland , Houston Texas , +1 281 499 4999

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Varvara: 3:07am On Sep 07, 2014
[quote author=dserious]Hello Varvara and all Phoenix bound mommas, we are increasing by the day, i arrive phoenix on the 22nd of september by Gods grace...will decide btw crossland and twins palms wen i get there

Hi! I have reservation in Crossland, I'm planning to live there first week and then I'm thinking to move in Palm Shadow because of swimming pool benefits. Did you get mail from Palm Shadow that they will ask you a paper about your incomes to prove your financial statement?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Controltinz: 5:35am On Sep 07, 2014
Good day house. Please is anyone coming to El paso before the end of week, abeg i need some malaria drug.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by princessrbt: 5:55am On Sep 07, 2014
Flowers:
@ princessrbt: pls wat do u mean by OB pack? And does 4500 cover both doc and hospital bill in JPS?

@flowers, yes the $4500 covers both doc and hospital. and OB pack is a package JPS provides for people paying out of pocket

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by babyspice: 7:14am On Sep 07, 2014
Glad you got in ok, thank God. but as for trying not to look too pregnant at POE that doesn't make sense dear!!! it is what it is, look presentable, be confident, be honest and trust God!
ogbenyalu: Hi @all i got into d us on wed 3rd. Poe dallas forth worth. I flew BA, The only stress was at our very own MMA airport lagos were some overzealous ba staff said i cant fly cos am 34wks gone even though i had my fit to fly letter, even the port health nurses said they dnt certify after 30wks. But finally after so much pleading they allowed me fly. In heathrow no body even asked if am prego cos really i wasnt looking that far gone. Straight foward to my poe experience. As it got to my turn a new cpb officer resumed and they i was d first person he cleared
Cpb how much do you have
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Supermum: 11:20am On Sep 07, 2014
Controltinz: Good day house. Please is anyone coming to El paso before the end of week, abeg i need some malaria drug.
Thanks

What type do you want
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ogbenyalu: 2:05pm On Sep 07, 2014
@lizcom 25, dont worry your wife should be fine just make sure her fit to fly letter was written not later than 48hrs before the flight, it must have her EDD, pregnancy week, and doctor must conclude that she is "fit to fly" .cos that conclusion seemed to be there problem with me.

Pls for mamas that gave birth in mihs pls did go bring your babys car seat or did the hospital provide one? Cos my sister is saying they wont discharge me if i dont have a car seat. Pls how true is dat?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by eugymuna: 2:46pm On Sep 07, 2014
@princessrbt: pls wat do u mean by OB pack? And does 4500 cover both doc and hospital bill in JPS?

Good afternoon, Please can you help me with some hospitals in new Jersey with affordable birthing plan package.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Boldbode(m): 3:42pm On Sep 07, 2014
Happy Sunday people ,
Please I urgently need a good hospital /birthing centre in Maryland.
Please................. I dey wait smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Soso15: 4:20pm On Sep 07, 2014
ogbenyalu: @lizcom 25, dont worry your wife should be fine just make sure her fit to fly letter was written not later than 48hrs before the flight, it must have her EDD, pregnancy week, and doctor must conclude that she is "fit to fly" .cos that conclusion seemed to be there problem with me.

Pls for mamas that gave birth in mihs pls did go bring your babys car seat or did the hospital provide one? Cos my sister is saying they wont discharge me if i dont have a car seat. Pls how true is dat?
Hello ogbenyalu, it's the law in the United States to put any child (in some States children 8 years and under) in a car seat while driving. So your baby won't be an exception. If you don't have a car seat you won't be allowed to leave the hospital. The hospital won't provide you with it so you would have to buy yours. Go any walmart close to you or order from then online. They have some nice. Affordable ones. You can get from $50 up. Just make sure you buy an infant one.

A quick guide to buying car seats. Often, this happens in three stages: infants use rear-facing infant seats; toddlers use forward-facing child safety seats; and older children use booster seats.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by LeonessAug: 4:21pm On Sep 07, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 07, 2014
^^^ shocked shocked shocked That's so sad! Very unpleasant experience. Thank God she is doing ok. I hope this is a one off. . .Please, do give us details when you're more settled.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Soso15: 6:47pm On Sep 07, 2014
LeonessAug: Hi everyone,

A sad report reaching me from California on a bad experience my friend had in MIHS is totally unfathomable. I thank God for her life and that of her baby. All in the name of saving cost, she was rushed to an emergency ward in California about 1week after birth and her bill at this moment is about $21,000 and more is still coming. I won't go into details but the situation is totally avoidable and was caused by negligence. The hospital will be sued! I'll not speak for them but can't help but wonder if they are overwhelmed by the number of patients or what? My experience wasn't bad but I just had to let my people here know what's happening and be prepared to face whatever they encounter in the cause of this birthing project. All the best to all.
Omg, this sounds so scary.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cfcchick: 7:02pm On Sep 07, 2014

A sad report reaching me from California on a bad experience my friend had in MIHS is totally unfathomable. I thank God for her life and that of her baby. All in the name of saving cost, she was rushed to an emergency ward in California about 1week after birth and her bill at this moment is about $21,000 and more is still coming. I won't go into details but the situation is totally avoidable and was caused by negligence. The hospital will be sued! I'll not speak for them but can't help but wonder if they are overwhelmed by the number of patients or what? My experience wasn't bad but I just had to let my people here know what's happening and be prepared to face whatever they encounter in the cause of this birthing project. All the best to all.
Pls dear can u kindly shed a bit of light on this Atleast wat happened.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 7:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
@ LeonessAug, it'll really help if you gave a bit more information about your friend's experience, please.
So we can learn from it And know if there's anything we can do to prevent such from happening.
Your story is so vague that you've only succeeded is scaring some of us without even really knowing what we're scared of.
Please help us help ourselves.
Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zynnnie: 8:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
Hi people,

I kinda need any advice....a pregnant woman was wrongly adviced to hide her pregnancy and book for tourist visa. She now has a change of heart I want to tru the medical route. She already submitted her form and booked interview. What can she do? Cancel the interview and re apply again stating medical reasons or go ahead with her tourist visa interview. She is five months gone. Advice needed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MrsBee: 9:59pm On Sep 07, 2014
@Ogbenyalu, we would be expecting you in Crossland. Am sure you'll have a nice time here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by gingerspice: 10:07pm On Sep 07, 2014
@Leoness pls clarify this: you got the news from California but MIHS is in Phoenix naa You may pls shed some detail if u wish.

Sorry about what your acquiantance is going through
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ubuikeja: 10:58pm On Sep 07, 2014

Unfortunately, there were already posts before nairaland was taken down about MIHS below average service. I personally know 2 people that have been to MIHS, one had a very bad incident happen also due to negligence. My other friend just said "you get what you paid for" was very dissapointed (also mentioned racism as someone else also mentioned here). Someone had also posted here that state medical services are not as good as private which I can beleive. Although I believe a medical issues can happen to anyone at this point I am a bit more relieved that we are headed to El Paso. May your friend have a quick recovery and God have her in his favor.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oluloveme: 11:16pm On Sep 07, 2014
Varvara: Hi, guys!

Does everybody here have any insurance to travel in USA?
I mean..ok you paid already in MIHS or Doctoresparati for delivering your baby, but if you would have any complication after that?
How will you cover it?

My cousin was delivering in USA, after 2 days when she was ready to leave hospital, but unexpectedly she couldn't breath, she had problems with lung.
Fortunately, emergency reacted very fast and made her surgery. Cost was 75 000 $, in those moment she was a student and had usa insurance. SO they covered it.

But we are tourist right now.

yes, you can get a private insurance on the side.
but if you tell the hospital or the doctor you have insurance, then the price changes as you will be moved out of the self-pay status.

you can call CIGNA or BuPA to learn more.......google it also..

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (402)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.