Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,936 members, 7,873,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:38 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1389981 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 9:01am On Oct 25, 2014
Dear All, while Doctorparati is having its issue, we cannot allow miss to just go free. Is there a way all those who are planning to use them or who have used them could raise the alarm in their mails or request etc? I think there must be room for further discount especially when you weren't responsible for what happen. Let them know that you want to pay but you don't have their amount. Let them know you are talking to your nigeria lawyer to sue for damages.......same something that will scare them....just thinking aha.....25k is huge

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 9:22am On Oct 25, 2014
Imo007:

yeah.In Mihs.
Summary: All was fine. I enjoyed the care rendered until after delivery. When the effect of the epidural had worn out, the pain from the tear arose. then i was told i had a 4th degree tear with a 3.58kg baby. the delivery was just badly managed.
i was already dealing with the pain when 2 weeks later, i started bleeding. i bled till i passed out, and the ambulance was called. rushed to the emergency, scan showed remnant of placenta tissue. and i had a d and c.
and life continued. smiley

What! I'm so upset! 4th Degree tear with a 3.58kg baby, plus retained placenta!

Like freshface said, there is perineum guarding during labour, as medical students we were taught to diligently examine the placenta for completeness before discarding, if that placenta is not complete no one is going home for the day because of the repercussions of retained placenta...I don't even think this should happen in a Naija hospital.

this is definitely grounds for suing them.

I am so sorry about this, I am sure you just want to come home but still, please threaten to sue, even if it is just to get a reduction on the amount to pay, or for you to pay nothing at all!

I am just angry this early morning. Negligence at such a high cost to the victim...sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cfcchick: 9:53am On Oct 25, 2014
Snowles:
[quote author=malory84

OK thanks. Pls can I have their contact so I can make enquiries about VBAC? plus let me know if you eventually get a doctor. when are you headed for Elpaso?

Pleasure! Headed first week in Jan by His grace. Will go visit the hospital physically to get all my facts straight. Can't get to my notebook right now but got the number off their website via Google. Let me know if you have trouble getting it but u should be fine it's pretty straightforward. Cheers!

@snowles, sorry if am gonna take u back! Pls do u have any doctor in elpaso offering Vbac? Cos I noticed it was mentioned earlier in your conversation.pls I really need help on this.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 10:59am On Oct 25, 2014
[quote author=cfcchick post=27436063][/quote]

@,cfccchicj. noticed you sent me a pm, but I can't even reply. I sent back the generic response. I'm also looking for a vbac doctor. The few I contacted are saying I'm far gone to take me. That one na their bizness. Not giving up.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cfcchick: 11:11am On Oct 25, 2014
malory84:

@,cfccchicj. noticed you sent me a pm, but I can't even reply. I sent back the generic response. I'm also looking for a vbac doctor. The few I contacted are saying I'm far gone to take me. That one na their bizness. Not giving up.
@ malory84, I just sent a response to ur mail.nawa o which one is far gone again.will keep searching also and keep u posted.if u find any pls pass on d information.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Gbae: 1:05pm On Oct 25, 2014
I am new to this forum and want to share my interview experience today at us embassy abuja as this forum has helped me.
I made d mistake of not reading recent posts on this subject before proceeding for d interview.
This is my 2nd visa application. I was denied the first time cos my husband and I said we were going on a vacation. I was asked if I was pregnant and I said I was but did not intend to give birth in d usa. i was 20wks pregnant at dt time. I tried again and decided to be sincere as advised by posts here. I got email correspondence from doctorresparati, medical letter of responsibility (which wasn't signed) and receipt of part payment. The interview was going well until d VO asked for proof of contact with a doctor. Once he saw d heading on the letter, he quickly pushed d letter back at me stating that doctorresparati has been well researched and found to be a middle man not a licensed doctor, who works from his basement. I was denied a usa visa on dt ground. It hurt so much cos if I had read other people's experiences I would have rescheduled my appointment and gotten another doctor.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 25, 2014
@Gbae; that happened in Abuja?? I guess their Lagos colleagues have influenced them. I got my visa granted easily in Abj with Doctoresparati letter and a friend was also granted last week with same.

I honestly donot know why that is even a ground for refusal. There are middle men in many businesses, as long as one gets good services in the end, what does it matter? When did it become a crime to be a middle man or to patronise one? I don't seem to understand what their grouse is all about.

Anyways, sorry about that. All hope is not lost though. Get another Doctor and Hospital, get enough coreespondence and reapply at same Abuja. You can still go to El Paso after being granted.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Kween2014: 1:41pm On Oct 25, 2014
Hello beautiful people, pls I want to make a clarification oh. Is it true that the letter of consent that needs to be notarised and provided when applying for the baby's passport (if the father is not present) can be gotten even before the baby is born?

I was hoping to tell DH to sort that out and send it even before the baby arrives so as to fast track the document processing cos a friend said her hubby was able to leave the portion for date of birth blank and still got it notarised, she filled the portion herself after she gave birth and used it to process the passport.

Please help.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 1:43pm On Oct 25, 2014
Wow. Ok! It's getting somehow. E be like say dem don pass memo that Doctores Para Ti letter no be am hence make them deny.

Has anyone had success stories with their letter lately?

I'm so sorry for those that got denied. Truly sorry, it obviously wasn't your fault. Try other hospitals and re-apply.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 1:49pm On Oct 25, 2014
@Phema, their grouse is that they've seen that letter too much. See, both pregnant and non-pregnant people have used that letter to get b1b2 visa and done absolutely all sorts with it. This place is open, millions of people have come to read posts and seen people with Doctores Para Ti letter testimonials. Some agents will advice their people to claim pregnancy and use their letter to get visa, some will claim it on their own. And to be honest, it seems like a fairly easy letter to get with just 150 dollars.

Anyways, this is what happens when we abuse a system.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Virtuousdiva: 1:49pm On Oct 25, 2014
@Gbae, so sorry about your experience.Please don't lose hope oooo.You can start researching other options and see if you can try again. I read on an earlier page from someone who had put to bed saying that if she had just applied to Del Sol directly,she would have paid almost 10k,so to an extent using the Doctoresperati is okay just that they really have to find a better method to come across to people as being extremely genuine.Check healthgrades website and just search for a definite doctor in any state you intend going for in future and see if you can get a good price and a good letter of responsibility.It is well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Gbae: 1:54pm On Oct 25, 2014
@ Phema: dis happened in abuja today. The interviewer seemed really upset by doctorresparati. I'm sure it would hv gone smoothly otherwise. Who knows, another VO might hv granted d visa with that letter. God knws best. I'm discouraged from reapplying, besides am 32wks plus. If I hv to reapply, I'll hv to get a doctor willing to accept me late and battle getting a close appointment. Let's see how things go
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hopefulme: 1:55pm On Oct 25, 2014
Gbae:
I am new to this forum and want to share my interview experience today at us embassy abuja as this forum has helped me.
I made d mistake of not reading recent posts on this subject before proceeding for d interview.
This is my 2nd visa application. I was denied the first time cos my husband and I said we were going on a vacation. I was asked if I was pregnant and I said I was but did not intend to give birth in d usa. i was 20wks pregnant at dt time. I tried again and decided to be sincere as advised by posts here. I got email correspondence from doctorresparati, medical letter of responsibility (which wasn't signed) and receipt of part payment. The interview was going well until d VO asked for proof of contact with a doctor. Once he saw d heading on the letter, he quickly pushed d letter back at me stating that doctorresparati has been well researched and found to be a middle man not a licensed doctor, who works from his basement. I was denied a usa visa on dt ground. It hurt so much cos if I had read other people's experiences I would have rescheduled my appointment and gotten another doctor.

I really feel your pain.same thing,the guy pushed it away and gave a lecture that I didn't know when I said thank you.it really hurt dear.But everything happened for a purpose
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 25, 2014
@Gbae

Oops! 32 weeks gone already? Hmmnn

I think you should act as fast as possible. Pay for another visa application today. You should be able to get a date not more than 3-4weeks. Then start researching for Drs. Dr Fagbohun can take in a patient at even 37 weeks (I think). Make sure you get all the related fees. Have a budget sheet handy and other documents.

I know its very inconveniencing and discouraging. But I think you should give it a last shot.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 2:10pm On Oct 25, 2014
Hello Gbae,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about this but if you are not too far along you can still reapply. You just need to get a good doctors letter. There are some people here who applied at least 3 or 4 times before their visas were approved. As long as You have the required funds and good doctors documents I believe you will succeed. It is well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ijeoma2728(f): 2:10pm On Oct 25, 2014
Hello everyone, I hope to ve my baby in US next year.,and would love to travel with my a yr old son.DH is a biz man like wise me, gone through the thread nd I'm seeing payslips among d doc. pls Ineed info from anyone who has traveled with a kid nd also in business.

I've not left d country b4( yet to get my passport self), but Dh has tho not US.
Pls how do I go abt it and wat re d necessary documents needed.
Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 2:18pm On Oct 25, 2014
Hello all ,

I know I am going to be screamed at but abeg forgive me for this question. Pregnant mama here lol.

Please can someone explain the process of getting nigerian passport and visa for our American babies before leaving. I am a little confused on exactly what to do. Thanks for all your help. I am still waiting for replies on getting us passport procedures from Atlanta mums. Thanks again.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Fruitilicious: 2:34pm On Oct 25, 2014
mamacajah:
Hello all ,

I know I am going to be screamed at but abeg forgive me for this question. Pregnant mama here lol.

Please can someone explain the process of getting nigerian passport and visa for our American babies before leaving. I am a little confused on exactly what to do. Thanks for all your help. I am still waiting for replies on getting us passport procedures from Atlanta mums. Thanks again.

Check pages 178,179 and 182, you will get loads of info.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by VDParkhe: 2:45pm On Oct 25, 2014
Hello everyone,

Let me begin by saying that I have been reading posts on this forum for a few days now and I must say that I have gained a wealth of information already. Thanks to all the lovely momma's and guides.

Like most of us here, I am also planning to deliver my baby in Mid May 2015 in Chicago IL. I would request the kind readers to please help me with the best hospitals, doctors and the costs that I will be incurring. I plan to reach Chicago in March - so I will have about 2.5 months of doctor consultation before delivery.

Any information in this regard (even if repetitive) would be highly appreciated and more than welcome.

Thanks to most of you once again.

With Kind Regards
VDP
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 2:45pm On Oct 25, 2014
Fruitilicious:

Check pages 178,179 and 182, you will get loads of info.

Thanks on my way there now.

Update: I have gone through them, copied the information and added to my previous ones. I was a bit unclear on why I needed to do a nigerian visa at first, but thats cleared up now, so thanks fruitilicious. I now have an idea of the process, cost and duration it would take to get both usa and nigerian passports/visa for me in augusta, georgia.

Have a great day everyone.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Alubosa: 3:28pm On Oct 25, 2014
ijeoma2728:
Hello everyone, I hope to ve my baby in US next year.,and would love to travel with my a yr old son.DH is a biz man like wise me, gone through the thread nd I'm seeing payslips among d doc. pls Ineed info from anyone who has traveled with a kid nd also in business.

I've not left d country b4( yet to get my passport self), but Dh has tho not US.
Pls how do I go abt it and wat re d necessary documents needed.
Thank you.

I know a couple of bzns guys with success stories here b4 d data loss. Let's take it from here; Who'd be d sponsor ? DH - I guess? Is his bzns duly/formally registered with CAC? If registered u'd need d docs as ur burden of proof 1 (BoP1), What line of bzns is he into? Contracts or buying&sell? If contracts, his contract award letters/LPOs will be ur BoP2 and if buying & selling kind of bzns, his invoices, sales book etc would be ur BoP2. If his bzns is organised/formally registered, does he have staff? What's the staff strength? How does he pay their salaries? If he pays through their bank accounts, BoP3. How does he remunerate himself? What's his average annual take-home (we can't use monthly since he's not a salary-earner). Does he pay himself via seperate personal account apart from his corporate account? If yes, the balance in the personal account would largely influence d VO's decision - BoP4. If no, still good, but in that case he must be the only Director and sole signatory to his corporate account. Have his Tax clearance certificate as BoP5. R u applying together? If no, be ready to explain his line of bzns BoP6. Any landed propertiy? If yes, BoP7. I'd rather u apply alone 4 now. Let d VO see DH and ur son as ur tie. They can always apply after ur own visa has bn approved.

I'm sure u v read through d thread, do the other needful things (doctors correspondence, spreadsheet, ask as many questions while filling ur ds-160 forms and ur good to go! Dont be surprised the VO might not even check any of ur documents but it's better u r well prepeared. Above all pray well and pray hard but don't see it as a do-or-die affair either. Place ur hand on ur tummy every morning and ask ur baby if s/he would rather not be a US citizen grin

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ijeoma2728(f): 3:44pm On Oct 25, 2014
Alubosa:

I know a couple of bzns guys with success stories here b4 d data loss. Let's take it from here; Who'd be d sponsor ? DH - I guess? Is his bzns duly/formally registered with CAC? If registered u'd need d docs as ur burden of proof 1 (BoP1), What line of bzns is he into? Contracts or buying&sell? If contracts, his contract award letters/LPOs will be ur BoP2 and if buying & selling kind of bzns, his invoices, sales book etc would be ur BoP2. If his bzns is organised/formally registered, does he have staff? What's the staff strength? How does he pay their salaries? If he pays through their bank accounts, BoP3. How does he remunerate himself? What's his average annual take-home (we can't use monthly since he's not a salary-earner). Does he pay himself via seperate personal account apart from his corporate account? If yes, the balance in the personal account would largely influence d VO's decision - BoP4. If no, still good, but in that case he must be the only Director and sole signatory to his corporate account. Have his Tax clearance certificate as BoP5. R u applying together? If no, be ready to explain his line of bzns BoP6. Any landed propertiy? If yes, BoP7. I'd rather u apply alone 4 now. Let d VO see DH and ur son as ur tie. They can always apply after ur own visa has bn approved.

I'm sure u v read through d thread, do the other needful things (doctors correspondence, spreadsheet, ask as many questions while filling ur ds-160 forms and ur good to go! Dont be surprised the VO might not even check any of ur documents but it's better u r well prepeared. Above all pray well and pray hard but don't see it as a do-or-die affair either. Place ur hand on ur tummy every morning and ask ur baby if s/he would rather not be a US citizen grin

Thank you soooooooo much. His biz is buying and selling,its registered. Lemme start my homework. Thanks once more and remain blessed.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by VDParkhe: 3:45pm On Oct 25, 2014
@ Fruitilicious - Thanks a lot for your reply.
I did check the pages you mentioned.

However, I feel certain things do not apply to me. I am an Indian and I wanted to understand what exactly is the meaning of "letter of responsibility " from a doctor ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 4:23pm On Oct 25, 2014
I don nearly chop one bottle of groundnut finish yet this mihs/elpaso vexation never cool down. Make una take am easy o.

The truth is that sm1 has come here to complain abt mihs being a "you get what you pay for" place. Also, you don't have a specific doctor attached to you there so how do you really check out the doctor's experience, malpractice history etc when you don't know who will be handling your case? Maybe that's why they can get away with all these occasional mistakes. If it was one particular doctor, am sure pple wld have sued/ discredited him or her by now. The doctor sef go dey shine eye do I'm work!

As for elpaso, its still the same non-specific patient handling. And therz no need to get into an argument abt doctoresparati being a middleman, it is very clear that its not a hospital neither is it a team of doctors so what else can it be? Its strictly bizness. Sharp guys dat do the job for you and get paid for bringing all the childbirth services to you on a platter of gold and for a fee.
The truth is that their $150 letter really got a lot of nigerians hooked because pple saw it as a talisman for visa issuance. Now we have abused that system and the american embassy don dey react. What did we expect really? The cookie will crumble someday. Pple have come here to warn us b4 dat doctoresparati letter don dey cause gbege for embassy but we no gree hear.

Why can't we explore other options at least for visa issuance? Must it always be mihs & elpaso?

Even mihs fear when naija preggies flooded dem because of their awoof maternity package. They quickly did meeting and reviewed their prices upwards sharp sharp b4 their newly discovered goldmine (naija) overchop awoof and run dem down.

Bottomline - spread your tentacles. A little extra homework and you'd be surprised at the positive outcome for visa and delivery too. Make we no abuse dis mihs & elpaso boom. There are thousands of doctors in the usa that will give you correspondence for free and you will even get your visa if you can prove that you can afford to pay your hosp bills.

Finally, no matter the positive or negative promoters/marketers, the onus lies on you. By now we know that no agent can fool anybody on this thread. You decide what's best for you eventually. If you decide to go with price or popularity, fine. If yours is getting quality healthcare and personalised services, fine too. Just make the best decision and leave the rest to God.

Just my two cents sha.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by godblessamerica: 4:25pm On Oct 25, 2014
Dear All,

not sure if anyone has made a detail walk through of all documents needed while applying for few things post delivery of child in USA

would request if some of the experts would share and make a detail walk through of few things as below, from were ever they have experienced it e.g. Atlanta, Huston, Dallas, EL Paso, NYC, Maryland etc etc.

Hospital Birth Certificate
Birth Certificate at county office
SSN application
US Passport application documents (with and without husband)
Visa application or native Passport as per country going back.

this walk through in detail would help many of the aspiring parents to have there decisions more stronger. i request Admin/ Mods to please pin this up on the forum page for quick access if possible.

best regards

Godblessamerica.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 4:42pm On Oct 25, 2014
Hello Imo007,

Sorry about your mihs experience and thank God you are well now. Don't you think you should sue them or at least threaten to do so? Leaving some placenta behind is a very very serious matter o. It could have killed you sef. Placenta, tearing, $32k bills - its too much naa. Why not take legal action against them?

Or was your baby very big? because that could lead to the placenta breaking up inside you and they should have discovered that and insisted on delivering your baby by c-section so they can successfully extract all the placenta. The incompetence was on so many levels. Dem no do scan? Dem no check the placenta? Dem no do blood work? E dey vex me sef. $32k is not beans o, no matter the payment plan.
May God bless and keep you as you recover fully o. Pele

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 25, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by spicengo: 6:48pm On Oct 25, 2014
@meeracle, thanks for ur post. Pls I am already in Orlando. I intend coming to houston tommro. Pls send me an email on the procedure s. I will appreciate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by spicengo: 6:51pm On Oct 25, 2014
Pls I need an indept information on the cost of delivering in the usa especially houston. Or any other cheap place but reliable. I need a good hospital for CS pls. I am already in the states. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nomanicole(f): 8:15pm On Oct 25, 2014
Why are people no longer reading? Is it laziness or what? If you feel you dont have time, everyone is busy too. No one works here, its no one's job to give you info, read and get the info you need and stop taking people back. haba! I have read through 3times and i follow up daily. lil advice, when you see something relevant on a page, save page or screen munch it for those who use bb.simple! No one gets paid here.its becoming irritating!

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 8:20pm On Oct 25, 2014
@spicengo send me a PM or drop your email addy here, I will forward an excel sheet to u with info of 4 houston hospitals I gathered on this thread.

spicengo:
Pls I need an indept information on the cost of delivering in the usa especially houston. Or any other cheap place but reliable. I need a good hospital for CS pls. I am already in the states. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 9:22pm On Oct 25, 2014
Bloggerina the Professor ,Iyalode the defendant, Merrymom the deputy defendant, Alubosa the Tutor, Genomi the Good Samaritan, Anonymousmum the visible, Mamacajah the Appellant, Nomanicole the Police Officer, Lizy,Malory,CFC and all my friends wey i no mention. Una weldone ooooo, I dey greet ooo.... Just Passing by......Its been an Owambe Daygrin grin grin

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (402)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.