Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,672 members, 7,892,709 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 04:09 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1393295 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sweetace: 11:04pm On Nov 11, 2014
sayoberry:
this thread has been really helpful but at the same time its turning into something else.
I should not have posted this but I thought of newbies who might fall victim if not warned.

pls pls and pls again.... beware of PM's.... pls don't fall victim of fraud through PM. if you ask a question here and anyone sends you a pm asking you to pay certain amount for certain something abeg, biko, Jo... please don't o.

now the reason why I posted this is due to my experience when I posted here that I needed accommodation around oakbend. I got about 16 PM's and I was wondering that if accommodation is so much in Houston why don't I get at least two replies to my post..

on going through these mails and taking time to reply each of them(I was desperate so yes I replied all)
I posted my email too sometime ago when asking for budget sheet so I guess some must have gotten the email there as well as pm from Nairaland ppl.
As I became communicating with some of them I came to realize that most of them were thieves!! not agents o... big thieves.
therefore newbies beware o. don't send money to anyone to help you get anything.... travel and see with your eyes.. or book online.

sorry for long post.
goodnight

Hi sayo berry. Your last message just scared me silly o. Ok like many people I have been following for a while but never joined talk less of posting until now. I have read most of the pages on this thread but not in order. Anyways thanks for your last post. Looks like you are a veteran at this. Could you please tell me what the general ethics are- like if someone asks a question and you have info they might need what do you do, post it freely or is that advertising or send them a pm....I just sent princessmum a pm but it said she was not online...anyhow, I just want to help if I can and be helped to. But I don't want to get into trouble. Please help us newbies. Thanks!

@justwise looks like you are the moderator, please share your thoughts. Thanks everyone.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mrsfad2014: 12:18am On Nov 12, 2014
Hi everyone, am reporting live from Dallas. I boarded BA enroute London to Dallas. Before travelling I went to BA office in the airport to book for a comfortable seat which I got. We landed in London on time, waited for 5 hours and then boarded plan to Dallas. Whao 10 hours non stop, it wasn't funny at all. Although the hostess are very nice, am the only preggy and the only black in the plane. We landed in Dallas and immediately I entered a rest room, brush my teeth, wear makeup, added some perfume and change my top to a nice sparkling white maternity top and put on a snickers. Off I head towards the office at the POE
Officer: Hi, are you here on business or holiday
Me: No, am here to have my baby
Officer: Move back a little, let me see you well
Me: Smile
Officer: Who will pay to your medicals
Me: Myself. I have $9,500 + £200 +N2,500
Officer: Do you have document?
Me: I almost ask, is it letter from embassy or doctors correspondence or letter of consent from hubby or what document. ( which one be over sabi sef) I just brought out correspondence with Dr Fagbohun and gave to him
Officer: Ok, place your four fingers here
And he stamped me in for 6 months. On my way out, I lady stopped me and ask how much do I have on me. I told her same thing + some coins which I don't know how to count. She asked for the coins not the money itself and she counted and said it about $5. She later ask if I have food items and I told her that I have golden morn and Honeywell wheat meal. She said am free to go and wish me safe delivery. I give God all the glory

24 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 2:36am On Nov 12, 2014
Congrats Mrsfad2014. Welcome to America. We thank GOD for successful POE.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 3:32am On Nov 12, 2014
Mrs Fad2014,
Yeah mama! Dats my kinda girl! Now that's what I call a successful POE! And that's how we roll here - burden of proof + burden of preparation + coming back to testify!
May Baba God continue to help us all at POE and give us CBP Officers like yours who have no iota of wickedness in them.
I wish you a safe delivery mama!
Cheers

@Phema, Raii, Tvegas - waiting for your testimonies too o. I go pop one bottle of groundnut for una celebrations o...

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 8:41am On Nov 12, 2014
sweetace:

Hi sayo berry. Your last message just scared me silly o. Ok like many people I have been following for a while but never joined talk less of posting until now. I have read most of the pages on this thread but not in order. Anyways thanks for your last post. Looks like you are a veteran at this. Could you please tell me what the general ethics are- like if someone asks a question and you have info they might need what do you do, post it freely or is that advertising or send them a pm....I just sent princessmum a pm but it said she was not online...anyhow, I just want to help if I can and be helped to. But I don't want to get into trouble. Please help us newbies. Thanks!

@justwise looks like you are the moderator, please share your thoughts. Thanks everyone.

This thread is a magnet for crooks because they want to take advantage of preg women with loads of money traveling to a strange country.
Not everybody here are genuine, some keep viewing but contribute very little just want to see you drop contact details or ask question about accommodation then the PMs started flooding in.

Genuine members here who wants to help will not send you pm offering you any deal, only those dubious characters does that.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fowopere: 9:00am On Nov 12, 2014
Congratulations on the successful POE experience. Please how far gone are you now and how close was the date of your fit to fly report that you showed the airline? smiley

Mrsfad2014:
Hi everyone, am reporting live from Dallas. I boarded BA enroute London to Dallas. Before travelling I went to BA office in the airport to book for a comfortable seat which I got. We landed in London on time, waited for 5 hours and then boarded plan to Dallas. Whao 10 hours non stop, it wasn't funny at all. Although the hostess are very nice, am the only preggy and the only black in the plane. We landed in Dallas and immediately I entered a rest room, brush my teeth, wear makeup, added some perfume and change my top to a nice sparkling white maternity top and put on a snickers. Off I head towards the office at the POE
Me: I almost ask, is it letter from embassy or doctors correspondence or letter of consent from hubby or what document. ( which one be over sabi sef) I just brought out correspondence with Dr Fagbohun and gave to him
And he stamped me in for 6 months. On my way out, I lady stopped me and ask how much do I have on me. I told her same thing + some coins which I don't know how to count. She asked for the coins not the money itself and she counted and said it about $5. She later ask if I have food items and I told her that I have golden morn and Honeywell wheat meal. She said am free to go and wish me safe delivery. I give God all the glory
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shayo5: 9:40am On Nov 12, 2014
Congratulations Mrsfad2014,
i'm also heading to dallas in next January, can I have Dr Fagbohun's contact details?
very urgent I need to start to make contact ASAP
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sweetace: 10:43am On Nov 12, 2014
justwise:

This thread is a magnet for crooks because they want to take advantage of preg women with loads of money traveling to a strange country.
Not everybody here are genuine, some keep viewing but contribute very little just want to see you drop contact details or ask question about accommodation then the PMs started flooding in.
Genuine members here who wants to help will not send you pm offering you any deal, only those dubious characters does that.

Thanks alot for that justwise. Wow I can imagine! But its easy to spot scammers just this morning i got a fake alert from gtb...i digress...ok wasn't sure if i could post it on here seen people get hounded or called advertisers. But i will post now no pm. Congrats to Mrs fad! I Had a friend come in through houston that was questioned for hours this past Saturday.

Please Does anyone have any reliable info on Boston, Atlanta or Delaware state not Philly for hospitals and accommodation. Contacted boston medical and they quoted me like 12k for normal delivery although it includes obgyn fees but thats still like double what ive seen people on here pay and they only give 20 percent discount to non citizens. If that doesn't work I may start looking at Arizona and Co just wanted the option close to family first. if anyone has any info I'd appreciate it.

Princess mum the atlanta Nigerian visa agents email is info@everythingbabyandme.com my friend had some issues and needed to leave the US impromptu so she used them. I haven't used them personally yet but she had a good experience.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by 9jabiggurl: 11:38am On Nov 12, 2014
justwise:

@9jabiggurl

Appreciate what you are doing here...helping with answers to some questions but please avoid indirect ad on behalf anybody.

Thank you.

@Justwise and others who feel offended by my post.....NOTED.....I visited Nairaland a very long time ago, and didnt know much had happened with regards "how to post and what to say or not say" I would say I am a novice who returned just few weeks back...... My sincere apology but i am genuinely only trying to help out...and not advertise on behalf of anybody...

Will make necessary observations and take note.... Happy Child bearing y'all

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by damsel020: 11:41am On Nov 12, 2014
Wanted to use it. But on getting to the doctor office he gave me mr tanko number and I got the visa the next day.

PrincessMum:
Hello Everyone,

Please for previous and current Houston or Atlanta mamas/papas, does anyone have info/number of a reliable agent for obtaining Naija visa in Atlanta or any neighboring State that will take a maximum of 3 days (I'm currently in Houston). The number of the Naija Embassy agent (Mr Tanko) I have has been unavailable for almost 2weeks and I'm running out of time...Pleeeaaaase help a sister out.

@Damsel020...hi dear, please did you eventually use the info i posted earlier for obtaining the Naija visa? If yes, pls what was your experience, how did you go about it and how long did it take? my DH is skeptical on going that route..

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 11:45am On Nov 12, 2014
Mrsfad2014:
Hi everyone, am reporting live from Dallas. I boarded BA enroute London to Dallas. Before travelling I went to BA office in the airport to book for a comfortable seat which I got. We landed in London on time, waited for 5 hours and then boarded plan to Dallas. Whao 10 hours non stop, it wasn't funny at all. Although the hostess are very nice, am the only preggy and the only black in the plane. We landed in Dallasadded some perfume and change my topOff I head towards the office at the POE
And he stamped me in for 6 months. On my way out, I lady stopped melater ask if I have food items and I told her that I have golden morn and Honeywell wheat meal. She said am free to go and wish me safe delivery. I give God all the glory
. I am happy for you. Wish you safe delivery. I will be travelling in feb with BA and I was hearing all manner of things about them but with ur experience, seems BA is okay. Hopefully I get a comfortable seat too. I will be going to Los Angeles though and I think the journey is longer. It is well
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 11:54am On Nov 12, 2014
MIHS mamas pls who has used phoenix POE? Wats d xperience like?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mrsfad2014: 12:28pm On Nov 12, 2014
fowopere:
Congratulations on the successful POE experience. Please how far gone are you now and how close was the date of your fit to fly report that you showed the airline? smiley
@fowopere. I flew @30 weeks cos my tummy is big. I was delayed at our own airport because they tot am due already. My fit to fly came from Reddington Ikeja and they had to call the doctor to confirm the weeks again. The date on it was 7th Nov and I used it on 9th Nov.
@Mamatobena, I would advise you walk into their office at the airport 72hours before your departure and they will book your seat till you last destination. The hours is long and you will definitely need a better seat. I also noticed that the set of people that boarded from London are very tall with long legs so they actually pay extra to get those seats.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Heart2heart(m): 1:02pm On Nov 12, 2014
@Mrsfad2014, do u mean after paying/booking online (BA website) or you pay for flight same 72hrs ahead n book the comfy seat wt them??
Mrsfad2014:
@Mamatobena, I would advise you walk into their office at the airport 72hours before your departure and they will book your seat till you last destination. The hours is long and you will definitely need a better seat. I also noticed that the set of people that boarded from London are very tall with long legs so they actually pay extra to get those seats.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 1:23pm On Nov 12, 2014
9jabiggurl:

@Justwise and others who feel offended by my post.....NOTED.....I visited Nairaland a very long time ago, and didnt know much had happened with regards "how to post and what to say or not say" I would say I am a novice who returned just few weeks back...... My sincere apology but i am genuinely only trying to help out...and not advertise on behalf of anybody...

Will make necessary observations and take note.... Happy Child bearing y'all

Absolutely nothing to apologize for.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 1:48pm On Nov 12, 2014
Mrsfad2014:
thanks so much. I will keep that in mind and do that.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 3:02pm On Nov 12, 2014
pattyreal:
MIHS mamas pls who has used phoenix POE? Wats d xperience like?

Lol, Phoenix is not a POE, cos there is no direct flight to Phoenix like that. You have to use others like ATL, Dallas, Houston, etc
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aye88: 4:00pm On Nov 12, 2014
Hello everyone, for those intending to birth in Maryland or baltimore or washington. Came across this spreadsheet and thought I should share it. It contains hospitals in those areas and their cost for delivery including contacts and phone nos of the financial department

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 4:05pm On Nov 12, 2014
nefertitiram:

Lol, Phoenix is not a POE, cos there is no direct flight to Phoenix like that. You have to use others like ATL, Dallas, Houston, etc

My tickets frm lagos to heathrow & frm heathrow to phoenix direct with BA. So ma 1st touch down in america is phoenix. Any one abeg wit dis xperience

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sweetace: 4:21pm On Nov 12, 2014
aye88:
Hello everyone, for those intending to birth in Maryland or baltimore or washington. Came across this spreadsheet and thought I should share it. It contains hospitals in those areas and their cost for delivery including contacts and phone nos of the financial department

Thanks Aye88.

For the Phoenix POE, I dont think ive read anything on here about that so maybe you are one of the first and you can share your experience with us. But in general

Be honest and declare your intentions to give birth
Have your Dr letter and correspondence
Receipts of pre payments if any
Cash for the all prices quoted to you plus living expenses and remember to declare even it's one cent above 10k
Evidence of a place to stay
pray for favor cuz it could depend on who you meet

Does anyone else have anything else to add...

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sweetace: 4:48pm On Nov 12, 2014
Okeksmama:
Hello everyone, I have read through the thread and have gotten a whole lot of info. I intend to give birth in Houston in March pls does anybody have the contact/email of dr comfort ibe in Pasadena? Thanks any info will be highly appreciated.

Hi okesmama not sure if anyone replied you yet... but i googled "dr comfort ibe pasadena" and here is what i got from their website

www.womenobgyncenter.com

hope that helps.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 8:34pm On Nov 12, 2014
aye88:

Very kind of you to share this...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 8:39pm On Nov 12, 2014
House, I need your help please.
Someone mentioned a hospital In st. Louis, Missouri, I munched the page and forgot to write it down in my notepad. I have lost all the pictures on my phone and sadly, I didn't backup pictures from like 3 months back
I have been looking for the particular thread, it hasn't been easy, please help me, anyone with the info. PLEASE
God bless you...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adiahabasi: 10:54pm On Nov 12, 2014
@ Kizluv, check page 19 for the hospital in st loius

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by beautyx5: 11:01pm On Nov 12, 2014
Hello House,

I and my hubby Donbusky would like to thank you all for your invaluable contributions to this thread. Reading through the different posts and experiences helped us in making really informed decisions.

I am currently in Elpaso, Texas. I flew BA at 34 weeks and 5days. I had no issues boarding the plane in Nigeria. The only advice i would give here is that your fit to fly should include your last menstrual period date and expected due date. Luckily, I had a medical report that stated this so I want delayed or sent for port health inspection in Nigeria.

My flight was uneventful. I was the only preggers person on the flight to Heathrow and on the flight to Dallas as well. Don't forget to stand up often and stretch your legs to prevent swelling issues. Also do exercises on your seat like wiggling your toes and rotating your ankles.

On getting to Dallas Fort Worth, ours was the only flight that arrived at the time. My interview with the CBP officer took a total of 5mins. Questions asked (in no particular order)

1. What was my purpose for coming to the US
2. Was this my first time?
3. What do I do for a living?
4. How long was I staying? Showed him my travel itinerary
5. Was i having a boy or a girl?

That was it. Stamped me in for 6 months. Went to pick my luggage and joined the queue to submit my customs declaration form. Submitted the form and continued to the next leg of my journey.

My flight to Elpaso was delayed for a bit and on arriving Elpaso my luggage got left behind at Dallas and i did not receive it till the next day.

I had my doctor's appointment already and did a tour of the labor and delivery ward at Del Sol. Everything is really good so far. And there are other expectant parents and new mummies at intown suites where i am staying.

Only downside to intown suite that I have experienced so far is the crappy Internet. Lol.

This is my experience. Hope it helps someone.

Cheers!

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Julietjay(f): 11:08pm On Nov 12, 2014
Hello all, I'm pregnant and i will like to deliver my child in the US. Can anyone PLEASE give a step by step advice on how i can achieve this. Please ooo, God bless you all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Francutok: 4:01am On Nov 13, 2014
Julietjay:
Hello all, I'm pregnant and i will like to deliver my child in the US. Can anyone PLEASE give a step by step advice on how i can achieve this. Please ooo, God bless you all.

kindly go through pages 1- 227. You will find all you need to know and much more.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 13, 2014
beautyx5:
Hello House,

I and my hubby Donbusky would like to thank you all for your invaluable contributions to this thread. Reading through the different posts and experiences helped us in making really informed decisions.

I am currently in Elpaso, Texas. I flew BA at 34 weeks and 5days. I had no issues boarding the plane in Nigeria. The only advice i would give here is that your fit to fly should include your last menstrual period date and expected due date. Luckily, I had a medical report that stated this so I want delayed or sent for port health inspection in Nigeria.

My flight was uneventful. I was the only preggers person on the flight to Heathrow and on the flight to Dallas as well. Don't forget to stand up often and stretch your legs to prevent swelling issues. Also do exercises on your seat like wiggling your toes and rotating your ankles.

On getting to Dallas Fort Worth, ours was the only flight that arrived at the time. My interview with the CBP officer took a total of 5mins. Questions asked (in no particular order)

1. What was my purpose for coming to the US
2. Was this my first time?
3. What do I do for a living?
4. How long was I staying? Showed him my travel itinerary
5. Was i having a boy or a girl?

That was it. Stamped me in for 6 months. Went to pick my luggage and joined the queue to submit my customs declaration form. Submitted the form and continued to the next leg of my journey.

My flight to Elpaso was delayed for a bit and on arriving Elpaso my luggage got left behind at Dallas and i did not receive it till the next day.

I had my doctor's appointment already and did a tour of the labor and delivery ward at Del Sol. Everything is really good so far. And there are other expectant parents and new mummies at intown suites where i am staying.

Only downside to intown suite that I have experienced so far is the crappy Internet. Lol.

This is my experience. Hope it helps someone.

Cheers!

Congrats to you and your hubby. We are seriously considering Dallas as POE. Pls are you returning through same route with BA? Am trying to get BA tickets one way and the agent is saying that I won't be lifted unless I show them a return itinerary.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 8:13am On Nov 13, 2014
wink

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 9:05am On Nov 13, 2014
Julietjay:

My advice, not going through the whole thread would be cheating yourself, trust me, even 10 people answering you wont give you half of all the details you would get when you read through...

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 10:14am On Nov 13, 2014
Adiahabasi:
@ Kizluv, check page 19 for the hospital in st loius

thank you so so very much, i am very grateful for this info, God bless you, amen...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by meine: 10:36am On Nov 13, 2014
Julietjay:
Poster dont mind the earlier comments , just chill a little, our gurus will soon give you step by step detail of what you need to do. They wiil be here soon. a na m asị gị nnọọ.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (402)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.