Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,219 members, 7,925,796 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 11:22 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1398844 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dinawe: 6:15pm On Jul 25, 2014
Please i need clarification from Elpaso Mama's.

Intown suites and His grace lodge, which is closer to Del sol Hospital and has easy access (maybe walk able) to shopping malls?

Does Intown suite have free airport pickup as well?

Is this correct, Intown suites= $170 per week and His Grace Lodge = $275 per week.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babe16: 6:33pm On Jul 25, 2014
Hi all I have been a silent follower and I have finally taken in to d Glory of God. I want advice on how to go about d fact dat my dad is sponsoring d birthing process. Pls friends I would like to know if it's risky for my dad to sponsor me or there r other options. Thanks and awaiting ur reply.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by LeonessAug: 6:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babe16: 7:13pm On Jul 25, 2014
Please still waiting for a reply. Help a sis pls.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IjayMama: 7:25pm On Jul 25, 2014
Methodist Hospital Sugar Land. I was told I will do only one test, it'll cost $10 and it's compulsory cos I wanna hve a vaginal delivery & they need to b sure I don't hve any infection dat can affect d baby during birth. All my test results from my hospital in Naija was accepted. The Dr's name is Dr. Duc Le. He accepts patients till 36weeks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by stepedie: 7:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
dinawe: Please i need clarification from Elpaso Mama's.

Intown suites and His grace lodge, which is closer to Del sol Hospital and has easy access (maybe walk able) to shopping malls?

Does Intown suite have free airport pickup as well?

Is this correct, Intown suites= $170 per week and His Grace Lodge = $275 per week.

Thanks

Intown suit is closer to the hospital but you still have to get a cab to take you to the shopping mall anytime you need to shop from either locations although His Grace lodge offers one day grocery shopping to Walmart per week.
Am not sure Intown suite offers airport pick up but His Grace Lodge does.
Intown suite is $170 per week while His Grace Lodge is from $250 upwards.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babe16: 9:35pm On Jul 25, 2014
Pls am still waiting for a reply. Plssssssss........
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nazeeya: 10:01pm On Jul 25, 2014
Good evening, I'm new here and i want to make enquiries on the birthing process as well as cheap hospitals in Chicago. I have my b1/b2 category visa already though on the basis of vacation and Chicago was picked cos of family ties I have there. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dinawe: 6:55am On Jul 26, 2014
stepedie: Intown suit is closer to the hospital but you still have to get a cab to take you to the shopping mall anytime you need to shop from either locations although His Grace lodge offers one day grocery shopping to Walmart per week.
Am not sure Intown suite offers airport pick up but His Grace Lodge does.
Intown suite is $170 per week while His Grace Lodge is from $250 upwards.

Thanks a million. With this i can now make a choice. I am grateful.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dinawe: 6:57am On Jul 26, 2014
Babe16: Hi all I have been a silent follower and I have finally taken in to d Glory of God. I want advice on how to go about d fact dat my dad is sponsoring d birthing process. Pls friends I would like to know if it's risky for my dad to sponsor me or there r other options. Thanks and awaiting ur reply.

My dear, who is sponsoring doesn't really matter, all they want to see is CASH. Just show proof that your dad can pay and that's all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babe16: 8:11am On Jul 26, 2014
Tanx @dinawe
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Jay6: 10:56am On Jul 26, 2014
IjayMama: Methodist Hospital Sugar Land. I was told I will do only one test, it'll cost $10 and it's compulsory cos I wanna hve a vaginal delivery & they need to b sure I don't hve any infection dat can affect d baby during birth. All my test results from my hospital in Naija was accepted. The Dr's name is Dr. Duc Le. He accepts patients till 36weeks.

Thanks for the info. Please, what are the tests you did in Nigeria that they accepted? My wife is using same hospital but sometime in January.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 12:18pm On Jul 26, 2014
Nazeeya: Good evening, I'm new here and i want to make enquiries on the birthing process as well as cheap hospitals in Chicago. I have my b1/b2 category visa already though on the basis of vacation and Chicago was picked cos of family ties I have there. Thanks.

Hello Nazeeya, please try and read the previous pages, you will get enough information on the birthing process. on hospitals in chicago, there have not been many posts on it due to high cost of delivery there, so in this case google is your friend.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by AyaSho(f): 12:28pm On Jul 26, 2014
@IjayMama, Pls can you give us the load down of Methodist Hospital Sugar Land and the Dr you using. The cost of virginal birthing and CS operation.
These may be useful to the house.
One love
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Jay6: 3:34pm On Jul 26, 2014
AyaSho: @IjayMama, Pls can you give us the load down of Methodist Hospital Sugar Land and the Dr you using. The cost of virginal birthing and CS operation.
These may be useful to the house.
One love

See IjayMama previous post below for your answer:
"Hey Nairalanders, great discussions & great people here who have been very helpful to others. I've followed d thread only for a few wks and I did get some helpful tips, therefore I'll share a few too. Although I'm a frequent traveler to the US , this time I was traveling to have my first baby and I was nervous. Anyways,I arrived on Monday morning, POE Houston. Was asked d usual question abt d purpose of my trip,said summer vacation, then d officer asked if I'm expecting a baby to which I said yes. He told me to step aside and sent me to d secondary investigation rm. I waited for abt 30mins and was called into a rm. d guy asked what I'm in d US for, and I sincerely said to have a baby. He asked if I had contacted a hospital and had any correspondence, I said I hve contacted a hospital but they won't discuss with me till they see my physically, that is their policy. He asked of the name of the hospital, I told him. He asked if I had cash, I said yes. Hw much? I said $9800. He told me to bring it out and hand to him. I did. He counted it one by one, was satisfied and handed d cash back to me. Then he said I shldnt accept any form of aid from d hospital even if it's offered to me and I shld ensure I pay all my bills and issued a zero balance on the receipt from the hospital as I'll be requested to show it on my next entry or visa application to the US. And I was let in. One lesson is to be sincere and the other is to carry CASH not Naija ATM cards cos they can't tell hw much u hve on ur card. Sufficient cash and ur ATM is gd too. Even if you have paid your medical bill in advance, it pays to still have cash on you at the POE.

P.S.
For those coming to Houston, I registered with Methodist Hospital. Their hospital bill is $2538 for womanly delivery and $3780 for CS. Epidural is an additional $1500 which is optional. And I chose Dr. Le whose bill is $1500 for delivery and prenatal visits which include ultrasound scans and prenatal vitamins. The only thing not included in this package is tests which are not compulsory esp if you have done them in Nigeria. This is a fair deal & my first visit yesterday was gd. Don't 4get to come with your medical report from Nigeria as this will come in handy for the Dr, they won't want to take up your case blindly."

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by momofangels: 4:00pm On Jul 26, 2014
kpofkpof:

Thank you Dear. The reason why i want to do the surgery abroad is beacuse of the technology they use. This robotics thing that reducing adhesion. Because accorrding to my Gynaecologist here in Lagos, he said the position of the largest fibroid is bad, it is sitting on the tubes and kind of blocking it and if they touch it, it will lead to scar tissues which will cause more problems.

Please can you ask your friend where the surgery was done and how much was involved.

Im currently discussing with St John's Health Centre and their bill is on the high side because i dont have insurance.

please help me find out.

Thank you

Hello kpofkpof if you are still searching for a hospital. U can try university medical centre elpaso. Maybe get a number from their website and place a call for your enquiries as their prices are relatively very fair. Good luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babe16: 6:41pm On Jul 26, 2014
Pls house wat documents do I need to go wit since it's my dad sponsoring? Or pls has anyone applied for a visa to give birth with her dad being d sponsor? Pls i need answers as I need to make a decision fast pls.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by AyaSho(f): 9:05pm On Jul 27, 2014
Babe16: Pls house wat documents do I need to go wit since it's my dad sponsoring? Or pls has anyone applied for a visa to give birth with her dad being d sponsor? Pls i need answers as I need to make a decision fast pls.
I think you should go thru the thread. You have all needed informations on it. Please take time to read through.
The Lord will strengthen you.
One love.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by larade: 6:56am On Jul 28, 2014
Good morning all......My POE experience

Please for folks that will be flying Airfrance please note my experience. I DIYed (Do It Yourself) everything from paying for visa fee to feeling ds-160 form/booking appointment and what to say at the embassy based on what i read on this thread. Thanks to all the gurus who have contributed one way or the other. So i booked my Airfrance ticket online because hubby insisted i fly directly from Port Harcourt. And its only Airfrance and Lufthansa that ply PHC International Airport. I chose Airfrance cuz it came a li'l cheaper than Lufthansa. My supposed itinery was PHC - Paris - Amsterdam - Dallas. (long thing you'd say... i be innocent JJC). On getting to the airport saturday, i approached the boarding lounge and the Airfrance guy asked for my passport and ticket. He checked it and he returned it. Hubby asked him why and he said i need to get a Shengen visa for me to fly with such itinery. He said Nigerians are only allowed to enter only 1 transit/connecting european country without Shengen visa. He said i cant enter both Paris and Amsterda without shengen. Hubby was furious and he requested to see his supervisor. The white guy came and hubby asked him why they didn't put that on their website. He pointed it out for hubby on the e-ticket printout but it was written in french. Hubby asked the french guy if he's aware Nigeria's lingua franca is english. They argued for a while and finally the frenchman apologised and then took us to their ticketing booth. They now re-routed my itinery to PHC-Paris-Detroit-Dallas cuz all connecting flights from Paris to Dallas were full and i was made to pay unbedgeted $120. Unknown to us we didn't know the first airport one gets to in the US is one's point of entry. Now imagine if they had taken me to Houston or Philly? Fine, i declared my intention at the embassy but who knows? Althogh all things work for good. Fast forward.........................................i got to Detroit o and i saw this long queue. Omo!!! I was like chaii cuz i was already exhausted. i was about going to join the shorter que and the next thing this oyibo guy (a CBP Officer) walked up to me and he said "i can see ur condition. lemme help u, where's ur customs form"? I told him i had not finish filling it. He collected it and he helped me complete it! He said he hope i told them my intention at the embassy. i said yes. He smiled and he said Nigerians are now being straightforward. He finished the form and signalled to his colleague at the entrance to let me go. He wished me good luck and i said thanks. Then i got to the guys at the cubicle. He brought out his head and looked at my biggie belle well well. He asked me if i'm pregnant i said yes (i almost said u no dey see? lols). Asked why El paso, i told him it suits our buget. He asked if i have my receipt i said yes. He asked to see it and he said $2,500 for hospital bill? I told him i'm to pay the balance at my first appointment. Then the second one asked me how much cash i had. 'told him $6,500. Then he asked me if my husband would be coming to join me. I told him i'm not sure for now. He said why? i told him his business requires his attention. He said does he not know the stress? i said i will try to cope and besides i'd get a care-giver. He said ok. The other one asked me how long i intend to stay. i said 2 months. He stamped me in for 6months and they wished me goodluck and safe delivery. I'm currently in Dallas resting. Will be going to El Paso tomorrow. El Paso mamas here i come!

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by modath(f): 7:26am On Jul 28, 2014
Nazeeya: Good evening, I'm new here and i want to make enquiries on the birthing process as well as cheap hospitals in Chicago. I have my b1/b2 category visa already though on the basis of vacation and Chicago was picked cos of family ties I have there. Thanks.

Nix chicago from your plans cos things are expensive in that city & the taxes happen to be one of the highest in the US.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 8:58am On Jul 28, 2014
@Larade congrats and safe delivery

A quick question to the house: wife is planning to travel to el paso at the middle of 36 weeks, is that too late? At what time do most people travel?. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by egariyi(f): 9:44am On Jul 28, 2014
@larade, congrats on your point of entry.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 10:02am On Jul 28, 2014
Good morning all. Hope we are enjoying our holiday. It's raining in lagos.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 10:04am On Jul 28, 2014
@larade, congrats. Wow that was stressful but thank GOD for favour oh.
@tvegas, it is advised to travel btw 32wks and 36wks. So most people travel at 35 to 36 weeks max.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 3:37pm On Jul 28, 2014
Hello all,

Wifey houston POE experience...

Her experience was very smooth and straightforward.

First CBP - so why are you here?
Wifey - holidays, child birth and shopping
First CBP- are you a family?
Wifey -yes we are, my mother and daughter.
First CBP-how long are you here for?
Wifey-we will be here for 2 months.
First CBP - ok stand aside another officer, will interview you. (stamps daughter and MIL in for 6 months and take wifey to another office)
Second CBP - do you hav any correspondence with the hospital ?
Wifey- yes. ( shows mail correspondence and appointment)
Second CBP - have u made any payments?
Wifey - not yet, it is the hospital policy to pay in person. (points it out in the mail correspondence and shows MIHS maternity package).
Second CBP - how much do you have?
Wifey - I have 12,000 dollars with me
Second CBP - do you know that if you do not pay all your bills, this would be your last visit to the US.
Wifey - I am aware.

Gives wifey declaration form to fill since she was with more than 10K dollars and stamps her in for six months. Afterwhich she is sent to the officers that checks bags. Her bags weren't opened at all. All the food stuffs, indomie, garri, snail, crayfish were allowed in. All this lasted for about 30mins.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dinawe: 4:16pm On Jul 28, 2014
Congrats to you Oawele. The truth is there is absolutely no reason to run away from Houston POE. Just be honest and you'll be let in. No matter the paparazi and gragra, if you have your cash and do not lie, you are entering sharp sharp.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 4:54pm On Jul 28, 2014
Hi all, esp @oawele been a while. Been silent cos I have trying to consider my options.
I have finally decided to scrape and save to have my babies in US.
I am 5mths now, bt looking like 7mths cos it's a multiple birth. I have decided to use MIHS, but have to stop over for a business meeting in October in NY. And I am due in Dec, so inadvertedly I have to stay in US for 2mths. I know nobody in US, and I hear MIHS is a 4hr flight from NY. I am confused at this point.

I will be travelling alone, I am expecting 2 babies and I know nobody in US. Will any expectant mother here be using MIHS, let's hook up so that boredom will not finish me. And what will I be doing in the desert for 3mths?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fabulousmom: 5:34pm On Jul 28, 2014
oawele: Hello all,
Q
Wifey houston POE experience...

Her experience was very smooth and straightforward.

@oawele,

Congratulations on the smooth POE entry. Houston isn't bad after all. May the good Lord grant your wife safe delivery in due time.

Happy holidays, everyone.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by akelvin(f): 5:50pm On Jul 28, 2014
Ave been a silent follower of this trend ,read frm page one to d last n it has been of great help to me.considering all I read decided to use MIHS to give birth n will b due nov by God's grace hoping to go by sept,looking for who wuld d in Phoenix dat period cos of boredom.pls anyone with info on accommodation aside cross land in phonix nt too far frm d hospital will appreciate d details.@neferitiram,where do u intend staying?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 6:12pm On Jul 28, 2014
akelvin: Ave been a silent follower of this trend ,read frm page one to d last n it has been of great help to me.considering all I read decided to use MIHS to give birth n will b due nov by God's grace hoping to go by sept,looking for who wuld d in Phoenix dat period cos of boredom.pls anyone with info on accommodation aside cross land in phonix nt too far frm d hospital will appreciate d details.@neferitiram,where do u intend staying?

Seems we are on the same calendar.
As I am like this, I have no idea on where I will be staying. I just called up an old friend in california I may put up wit till about 34 weeks (am leaving at 28 weeks) before heading to Arizona. What are your plans, maybe we should hook up and plan together, cos as I am like this, I am absolutely clueless, and all the vital info are no longer available since NL crashed

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 6:39pm On Jul 28, 2014
congrats oawele at that wonderful POE. more good news today. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (402)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.