Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,412 members, 7,974,677 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 09:26 AM

Why Do Men Repeat Same Error In The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Men Repeat Same Error In The Bible? (668 Views)

16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Men Repeat Same Error In The Bible? by Omooba77: 7:28am On Oct 11, 2020
Why do men repeat same error in the Bible?
Re: Why Do Men Repeat Same Error In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 7:55am On Oct 11, 2020
Examples

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Repeat Same Error In The Bible? by psucc(m): 8:06am On Oct 11, 2020
can you give a lead?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Repeat Same Error In The Bible? by Omooba77: 8:07am On Oct 11, 2020
AntiChristian:
Examples
Samuel saw the error of Eli, David did not trained his children. Sodom and Gomarah did not take heed.
Re: Why Do Men Repeat Same Error In The Bible? by daddytime(m): 8:11am On Oct 11, 2020
No be we get ourselves na abi you no know?

We just dey like Dele. Wetin create us big pass us and na how dem don program us to function from creation we go function.

Na the simple truth be this oh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Repeat Same Error In The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:18am On Oct 11, 2020
Because there are higher intelligent beings everywhere, they know how to make people stumble upon the same stone several times.
That's why Jesus said many will still stumble again and again and again if they're not interested in ascertaining the truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Repeat Same Error In The Bible? by advocatejare(m): 8:29am On Oct 11, 2020
AntiChristian:
Examples

The Quran that was sent down from heavens according to the Muslims:

Did Noah's son survive the great flood?

Yes:
(Remember) Noah, when he cried (to Us) aforetime: We listened to his (prayer) and delivered him and his family from great distress.
Quran 21:76

Yes
And We made his offspring the survivors.
Quran 37:77

No
The son replied: "I will betake myself to some mountain: it will save me from the water." Noah said: "This day nothing can save, from the command of Allah, any but those on whom He hath mercy! "And the waves came between them, and the son was among those overwhelmed in the Flood.
Quran 11:43
Was Allah confused about history and events of time? Yes. But how could Allah have made such a blunder if he was the All-Knowing?

"The Lord of Moses and Aaron.” Said Pharaoh, “You believed in him before I gave you permission. Indeed, this is a conspiracy which you conspired in the city to expel therefrom its people. But you are going to know. I will surely cut off your hands and your feet on opposite sides; then I will surely crucify you all.” – Quran 7:122-124.

Crucifixion came into existence in 400 BC, and the Pharaoh that Moses and Israeli had encounter with lived in 1447 BC, which is a difference of roughly 1000 years.

That's one of the confusion of the authors of the Quran that shows that the Quran is the handiwork of illiterates

Does evil come from Allah?

Yes:
.... If some good befalls them, they say "This is from Allah". But if evil, they say "This is from thee" (O prophet). Say: "All things are from Allah....
Quran 4:78

No:
Whatever good, (O man!) happens to thee, is from Allah. But whatever evil happens to thee, is from thyself. But what has come to these people. That they fail to understand a single fact
Quran 4:79

Does Allah change his words?

No:
For them are glad tidings, in the life of the present and in the Hereafter; no change can there be in the words of Allah. This is indeed the supreme felicity.
-Quran 10:64

Yes:
None of Our revelations do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, but We substitute something better or similar: Knowest thou not that Allah Hath power over all things?
Quran 2:106

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Repeat Same Error In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 8:32am On Oct 11, 2020
Omooba77:

Samuel saw the error of Eli, David did not trained his children.
Sodom and Gomarah did not take heed.

Successive generation forgets the errors and punishments of the previous generations easily!
Re: Why Do Men Repeat Same Error In The Bible? by Omooba77: 8:38am On Oct 11, 2020
AntiChristian:

Successive generation forgets the errors and punishments of the previous generations easily!
Because All men have short memory and forget so easily.
Re: Why Do Men Repeat Same Error In The Bible? by Omooba77: 8:40am On Oct 11, 2020
advocatejare:

The Quran that was sent down from heavens according to the Muslims:

Did Noah's son survive the great flood?

Yes:
(Remember) Noah, when he cried (to Us) aforetime: We listened to his (prayer) and delivered him and his family from great distress.
Quran 21:76

Yes
And We made his offspring the survivors.
Quran 37:77

No
The son replied: "I will betake myself to some mountain: it will save me from the water." Noah said: "This day nothing can save, from the command of Allah, any but those on whom He hath mercy! "And the waves came between them, and the son was among those overwhelmed in the Flood.
Quran 11:43
Was Allah confused about history and events of time? Yes. But how could Allah have made such a blunder if he was the All-Knowing?

"The Lord of Moses and Aaron.” Said Pharaoh, “You believed in him before I gave you permission. Indeed, this is a conspiracy which you conspired in the city to expel therefrom its people. But you are going to know. I will surely cut off your hands and your feet on opposite sides; then I will surely crucify you all.” – Quran 7:122-124.

Crucifixion came into existence in 400 BC, and the Pharaoh that Moses and Israeli had encounter with lived in 1447 BC, which is a difference of roughly 1000 years.

That's one of the confusion of the authors of the Quran that shows that the Quran is the handiwork of illiterates

Does evil come from Allah?

Yes:
.... If some good befalls them, they say "This is from Allah". But if evil, they say "This is from thee" (O prophet). Say: "All things are from Allah....
Quran 4:78

No:
Whatever good, (O man!) happens to thee, is from Allah. But whatever evil happens to thee, is from thyself. But what has come to these people. That they fail to understand a single fact
Quran 4:79

Does Allah change his words?

No:
For them are glad tidings, in the life of the present and in the Hereafter; no change can there be in the words of Allah. This is indeed the supreme felicity.
-Quran 10:64

Yes:
None of Our revelations do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, but We substitute something better or similar: Knowest thou not that Allah Hath power over all things?
Quran 2:106

This is not meant for this place sir!
Re: Why Do Men Repeat Same Error In The Bible? by Myer(m): 8:40am On Oct 11, 2020
Omooba77:
Why do men repeat same error in the Bible?

It's human/sin nature.

Roman's 7:15-20
For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate. But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good. So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Repeat Same Error In The Bible? by advocatejare(m): 8:42am On Oct 11, 2020
Omooba77:

This is not meant for this place sir!

You can ignore it

It's for the Antichrist aka Antichristian on this thread.
Re: Why Do Men Repeat Same Error In The Bible? by ABOVEDELAW: 12:44pm On Oct 11, 2020
DID THE MUSLIMS COMMENTING ON THIS POST DECLARE THAT THEY ARE CHRISTIANS B4 COMMENTING?
Re: Why Do Men Repeat Same Error In The Bible? by Omooba77: 1:36pm On Oct 11, 2020
Pharaoh was hardened....
Re: Why Do Men Repeat Same Error In The Bible? by orisa37: 1:58pm On Oct 11, 2020
daddytime:
No be we get ourselves na abi you no know?

We just dey like Dele. Wetin create us big pass us and na how dem don program us to function from creation we go function.

Na the simple truth be this oh.

Atheists are superstitious.
Re: Why Do Men Repeat Same Error In The Bible? by orisa37: 2:01pm On Oct 11, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
Because there are higher intelligent beings everywhere, they know how to make people stumble upon the same stone several times.
That's why Jesus said many will still stumble again and again and again if they're not interested in ascertaining the truth.

Atheists are mad.
Re: Why Do Men Repeat Same Error In The Bible? by orisa37: 2:29pm On Oct 11, 2020
Since Adam & Eve, Satan governs The Earth for God and on God's Curse. God sent Jesus, as The Son of man and the Way, The Truth and The Life. But men didn't have knowledge for FAITH and instead followed the desires of their Hearts.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Repeat Same Error In The Bible? by xproducer: 4:24pm On Oct 11, 2020
The Apostle Paul, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, tells us... by nature, but for the mercy, strength and grace of GOD, we are weak!

"But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!" - Romans 7:23-24

The Lord JESUS Himself said “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." - John 15:5

That is why we need to constantly pray and read the Bible, believing that GOD in His mercy and power will clothe us with His righteousness (Isaiah 54:17), and give us the grace and strength to continually live obediently to Him. GOD Who promises this help to his servants is Faithful, and mercifully helps (1 Thessalonians 5:24, Hebrews 4:16)

-------------
"Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” - Matthew 26:41
Re: Why Do Men Repeat Same Error In The Bible? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:52am On Oct 12, 2020
Omooba77:

Samuel saw the error of Eli, David did not trained his children.
Sodom and Gomarah did not take heed.

Samuel and David Taught their children but they did not listen as is their God-Given Right!
Re: Why Do Men Repeat Same Error In The Bible? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:59am On Oct 12, 2020
Omooba77:

Because All men have short memory and forget so easily.

Thinking that by their forgetting, they shall be free from the hold of the lessons of the past and think that they are Blameless and Pure and Different!
Re: Why Do Men Repeat Same Error In The Bible? by Omooba77: 7:50am On Oct 18, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Thinking that by their forgetting, they shall be free from the hold of the lessons of the past and think that they are Blameless and Pure and Different!
Life is funny, it keeps repeating itself.
Re: Why Do Men Repeat Same Error In The Bible? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:11am On Oct 18, 2020
Omooba77:

Life is funny, it keeps repeating itself.

Yeah, because men have not Learnt that they are Fools by Nature.

And that it is the Great Goodness And Favour of God, that they Received From The Lord that makes them have Any Good Thing At All!

On their Own, Failure, Pain, Shame, Destruction and Death is their Natural Result and Outcome!

Without Learning What The Lord Teaches, they would Always Keep Stumbling at and into what others have crashed into, Continuously, Continually!
Re: Why Do Men Repeat Same Error In The Bible? by Omooba77: 11:05am On Oct 18, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Yeah, because men have not Learnt that they are Fools by Nature.

And that it is the Great Goodness And Favour of God, that they Received From The Lord that makes them have Any Good Thing At All!

On their Own, Failure, Pain, Shame, Destruction and Death is their Natural Result and Outcome!

Without Learning What The Lord Teaches, they would Always Keep Stumbling at and into what others have crashed into, Continuously, Continually!

Very apt and we dont learn from others...
Re: Why Do Men Repeat Same Error In The Bible? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:14am On Oct 18, 2020
Omooba77:

Very apt and we dont learn from others...

Learn from others and Learn from The Lord!
Re: Why Do Men Repeat Same Error In The Bible? by Omooba77: 6:40am On Oct 25, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Learn from others and Learn from The Lord!
Same error Pharaoh made when he refused to let go.. Nebuchadnezzar also had warnings, but was adamant.. May the Lord help us to take God serious..

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Significance Of Candle Light On Cross-over Service? / Watch Video As Church Members Prays With Guns, Cutlasses And Other Weapons / When Atheists Ask 'who Created God'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.