Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,954 members, 7,873,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:22 AM

#ENDSARS: My Take And Recommendation - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / #ENDSARS: My Take And Recommendation (339 Views)

Finding The Best Commercial Cleaning Companies Brisbane: Tips And Recommendation / Advise And Recommendation Need / Reasons Behind This Buy Recommendation For FCMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#ENDSARS: My Take And Recommendation by iamDrRhymes(m): 8:10am On Oct 11, 2020
#ENDSARS: My take and recommendation.

Truth be told, the Special Anti Robbery squad (SARS) officers, under a unit of the Nigerian Police Force, saddled with the responsibility of combatting armed robbery in the country have been very unprofessional in the discharge of their duties. SARS officers over the years have turned themselves into oppressors using their privileges to abuse, extort, maim and even kill youths who fall victim of their greed.

I have had a fair share of SARS harassments on several occasions which are too many to count. A SARS officer had once told I and a friend that he will incriminate us if we don't give him money because he searched us thoroughly and couldn't find anything incriminating. I have seen a friend forced to withdraw 200 thousand naira by SARS officers who had blocked and arrested him while coming out of a bank. Just last week, a 19 year-old student of mine who trades online told me how he was arrested on his way to school with three of his friends by SARS officers who were so inhuman to collect 50 thousand naira from teenagers. Another time, a friend to this same student of mine was forced to go and withdraw 70 thousand naira cash out of his school fees by this same unscrupulous element in uniform. I can go on and on as we all have seen these people abuse, extort and even shed innocent bloods repeatedly even after several SARS reforms the Nigerian Police Force claimed to have done. Indeed, their cup is full!

However, we need to come to a deep understanding that our fundamental problem in this country is that an average Nigerian is morally bankrupt. Are we saying that SARS officers are from hell? Are they not also Nigerians like us? So far, we haven't seen family members of this evil SARS officers come out to disown them publicly. See, It is most inherent in us black people to use our privileges to subjugate others and this is exactly what every other person is doing in this country, SARS officers are only taking advantage of their own privilege under the law, which is the rifle just as religious leaders are also using religion to extort people. We should ask ourselves if there is any sector in this country where it's people do not violate citizens right. Character is responsible for all the decays in this country, abi what do you expect from people who can't see beyond themselves, people who only hears their own heart beats? I was not too surprised when I heard that some #ENDSARS protesters are now using the opportunity to harass female protesters sexually. I don't need to be told or read it anywhere to know that phones, other properties must have been stolen amidst protesters.

Having thought deeply about all these, I have discovered that only a checking system can bring an end to this ugly development as reforming or the outright ban of SARS will not make any substantial difference. I strongly recommend that the Inspector General of Police, Muhammad Adamu should creat a special department in the Police Force, that will be solely trained in the act of policing the police. I mean a squad that will be like undercover agents setting baits for unprofessional officers. Even the Department of State Security (DSS) can do this task perfectly as they are already structured for issues like this. A checking system will keep officers on their toes thereby reducing police brutality to the barest minimum.

Lastly, I appeal to all of us campaigning against police brutality on the streets to be more peaceful, civil and patriotic.

Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria ��������������

Re: #ENDSARS: My Take And Recommendation by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 11, 2020
You want to end a whole unit in the Nigerian Police Force?
And you believe that's going to happen?
Re: #ENDSARS: My Take And Recommendation by iamDrRhymes(m): 8:13am On Oct 11, 2020
csn01:
You want to end a whole unit in the Nigerian Police Force?
And you believe that's going to happen?

Damn! You didn't even read the post.
Re: #ENDSARS: My Take And Recommendation by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 11, 2020
Reform NIGERIA not only SARS, what of fake drug, expired products selling in the market today, yahoo boys and girls stealing from hardworking Nigerians , poor educational system, poor hospital facilities, poor road, Agboro harassing people on the road, kidnaper, child traffickers, nepotism.

Just reform Nigeria.
Re: #ENDSARS: My Take And Recommendation by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 11, 2020
This is what I was saying o. But people don't want to listen. They are just giving in to the hysteria

1 Like

Re: #ENDSARS: My Take And Recommendation by iamDrRhymes(m): 9:25am On Oct 11, 2020
supportnija:
Reform NIGERIA not only SARS, what of fake drug, expired products selling in the market today, yahoo boys and girls stealing from hardworking Nigerians , poor educational system, poor hospital facilities, poor road, Agboro harassing people on the road, kidnaper, child traffickers, nepotism.

Just reform Nigeria.

Exactly, we are all the same. A societal reform is all we need.
Re: #ENDSARS: My Take And Recommendation by iamDrRhymes(m): 9:26am On Oct 11, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:
This is what I was saying o. But people don't want to listen. They are just giving in to the hysteria

Majority of them are just too shallow to process simple logic.
Re: #ENDSARS: My Take And Recommendation by Kamdil: 9:45am On Oct 11, 2020
Who says SARS can't be disbanded? Whatever that is creatable is disbandable, kai, wai, even in Rivers state Timariv was disbanded for same issue of extortion.

The creation of SARS has long outlived its usefulness as what they even do is a duplication of duty, we no longer need them.

The police has 14 department of which SARS is one of them, disbanding one department does not in anyway render the entire police force ineffective. The number of atrocities been committed by this rogues and monsters in uniform is far more than what terrorists, and other criminal elements exhibit.

#endsars# now before they throw the entire nation into anarchy, because if oppression becomes a norm, resistance becomes a duty.

It is the extra judicial killing of Mohammed Yusuf by this SARS men that has created a monster called boko haram that is ravaging the entire North today.

Kidnapping, and armed robbery can be curtailed and contained without SARS

#ENDSARS#
Re: #ENDSARS: My Take And Recommendation by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 11, 2020
iamDrRhymes:

Majority of them are just too shallow to process simple logic.
I'm telling you

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

After #ENDSARS What Next? / Governor Bagudu Lauds Security Agencies In Kebbi State / Grab And Ride Logistics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.