Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,094 members, 7,890,609 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:53 PM

Obafemi Lied About Attack — Police - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Obafemi Lied About Attack — Police (869 Views)

Photos Of Obafemi Martins' Lovely Kids / Victor Moses Lied About Being Injured For The Match Against Bosnia / Nigerian Football Association Lied About Anichebe's Omission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obafemi Lied About Attack — Police by MP007(m): 9:51am On Jun 24, 2007
Police authorities in Lagos State said yesterday that claims by Super Eagles player and Newcastle striker, Obafemi Martins that he was shot at by unknown gunmen last Monday were not true and stated that the only report they received was from his driver who reported that he (the driver) was attacked.

The Command Public Relations Officer, Mr. Bode Ojajuni while reacting to reports that the international soccer star escaped death said he gave a wrong account of the incident to the public.

According to him, “On the said day, one Mr. Femi Onipede who claimed to be a driver to the soccer star called the Police at Victoria Garden City (VGC) to report that he was in a hospital after being attacked by unknown gun men. He said that he went out in search of diesel with an unnamed friend around 1am and that when they got near Alesh Hotel in Ajah, a vehicle hit their mercedez benz M500 with registration number BD 900 BDG

“He told police that he came down from the vehicle after switching off the engine only for the occupants of the car that hit them to start firing at them. He said he was hit in the shoulder by one of the bullets before he ran away from the scene. After reporting the incident, policemen were detailed to the scene and when they got there, they recovered the car.

for more ,

http://www.vanguardngr.com/articles/2002/sports/june07/22062007/sp222062007.html
Re: Obafemi Lied About Attack — Police by 9ja4eva: 7:28pm On Jun 27, 2007
Seems he lied truly
Re: Obafemi Lied About Attack — Police by danniecool(m): 8:50pm On Jun 27, 2007
why lieing the first place

does he want to use it as an excuse not to play for the national team again

Though he has not impress me one day, cool
Re: Obafemi Lied About Attack — Police by Forfavour(m): 6:51am On Jun 28, 2007
WILL be too bad for any true & patriotic nigerian smearing our already battered image in pretence of excusing urself from national call-up.

If he truly lied, it's unfortunate shocked. NIGERIA SHALL BE GREAT AGAIN & we shall all be a living witness - Pray for naija always

PROUDLY NIGERIA
Re: Obafemi Lied About Attack — Police by boysteve1(m): 12:03pm On Jun 28, 2007
i know no wetin d guy get to offer sef, make e go die 1trillion times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Rat Barstard!!!!!!!
Re: Obafemi Lied About Attack — Police by desgiezd(m): 7:01pm On Jun 28, 2007
Even before the police came up with thier investigations, I had very strong feelings that he was lying. Why didnt he disclose this while still in Nigeria? I guess he doesnt want to play for this country for some time to come but he doesnt have to lie about this and rub the nations image further in the mud. As a result of this lie, a national daily even quoted Berti Vogts that this is the reason why he cant live in Nigeria. Imagine the insult.

These players who have access to the world press should be stopped from soiling the name of this great nation. The other time it was Mikel who claimed he disobeyed his club's management and opted to play for Nigeria because his family was being threatend in Nigeria and that the consequences could be terrible. That, obviously, was also a lie. :shame::shame::shame:
Re: Obafemi Lied About Attack — Police by 9ja4eva: 1:20am On Jun 30, 2007
WYSIWWG

Good.No player is worth d wahala.Who no wan play make dem go.

Na God go judge Martins.Make e dey decieve imself.Hes nt d best so y d wahala
Re: Obafemi Lied About Attack — Police by PurestBoy(m): 2:02am On Jun 30, 2007
Obafemi is a big fool. Who cares about him? Is he greater that Becks, C. Ronaldo, Dinho who honours their different countries when invited. NFA should call for me, I'm sure better than the fool who has nothing to show for Nigeria.
Re: Obafemi Lied About Attack — Police by MP007(m): 2:03am On Jun 30, 2007
Re: Obafemi Lied About Attack — Police by Bassey231(m): 4:55pm On Jun 30, 2007
undecided undecided If Martins feels he is too big to play for the super eagles make him go.Simple undecided undecided
Re: Obafemi Lied About Attack — Police by 9ja4eva: 8:23am On Jul 01, 2007
I no understand why dem dey beg am oh.
Re: Obafemi Lied About Attack — Police by MP007(m): 5:21am On Jul 02, 2007
am sick and tired of all these crap, leave obafemi alone if he doesnt feel the passion or drive to play for nigeria, fuk him!
Re: Obafemi Lied About Attack — Police by 9ja4eva: 5:09am On Jul 03, 2007
NFA una dey hear

(1) (Reply)

The New Face Of David Beckham In America / Polo Players? / Chelsea Explain Mourinho Exit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.